Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hey ZoS, People are Farming Dro-m'athra Motifs at Level 10

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, you mean a player can hop on their max level toon and breeze through it with 2 buddies (one if you're good) and once a week per toon get a rare motif? Oh noes.

Meanwhile, the people busting their butts and doing the dungeon as is are getting 2, 3 chapters per run.

Working as intended.

And @Preyfar Bro, you should have told me. I would have gifted you some =(
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! So one of the most unique looks should basically be handed out for free. I was looking forward to working for this but not now. Everyone will have it because their mommy said so. nothing is rare in mmo's anymore because everyone is a little sensitive p***y! In game and real life.
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Therwind wrote: »
    Wow! So one of the most unique looks should basically be handed out for free. I was looking forward to working for this but not now. Everyone will have it because their mommy said so. nothing is rare in mmo's anymore because everyone is a little sensitive p***y! In game and real life.

My aren't you being "Sensitive" about people getting this smexy hawt look easier than you?

I mean come on... Just because you will not be a special snowflake anymore doesn't give you the right to call us all "Cats"a

Blame ZOS not the people using a mechanic of CasualScrollsOnline.. Like I said earlier.. People wanted CasualScrolls and this is the joy of having a game that allows you to scale content to your skill level or lack there of B)
    Edited by Funkopotamus on August 4, 2016 11:17PM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    If you're paying 100+k for the new motifs, then blame it on yourself. This whole 'I want it first' mentality is what drives the prices up to such rediculous levels.

If your ego wanted to be the first to link the motif achievement in zone chat or guild chat, and you paid 100s of k on buying them, then the joke's really on you mate.

100% this. People were spamming Rawl'kha chat trying to sell these for 170k EACH. That is just disgusting and the people trying to take advantage of those with low self esteem and ego problems should be ashamed of themselves.

As far as I am concerned I won't buy a single motif page for more than 50k. I don't care WHAT the heck it is. I'd rather wait until I can just buy it from the Crown store for 5k crowns than contribute to the disgusting greed of trade monopolies.

So predatory greed is some people's idea of a "healthy economy?"

I hope these level 10's farm their blessed little hearts out.
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    If you're paying 100+k for the new motifs, then blame it on yourself. This whole 'I want it first' mentality is what drives the prices up to such rediculous levels.

If your ego wanted to be the first to link the motif achievement in zone chat or guild chat, and you paid 100s of k on buying them, then the joke's really on you mate.

100% this. People were spamming Rawl'kha chat trying to sell these for 170k EACH. That is just disgusting and the people trying to take advantage of those with low self esteem and ego problems should be ashamed of themselves.

As far as I am concerned I won't buy a single motif page for more than 50k. I don't care WHAT the heck it is. I'd rather wait until I can just buy it from the Crown store for 5k crowns than contribute to the disgusting greed of trade monopolies.

Exactly..

I for one have a stack of crowns saved up from my ESO+.. Not much comes along that I want to buy.. This might be worth the crowns lol.
    That is unless I decide to fire up the tractor and start farming myself.
    Edited by Funkopotamus on August 4, 2016 11:20PM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna wait until they're cheap or farm them myself...
    Problem solved for me ^^
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    The only real difference OP is being able to farmtthrough once every 15 min vs once every 25ish min. The drop rate is still low and the character interaction draws the content out.

Yeah, I agree that you shouldn't get it scaled down that far. It's not as easy as it seems though :-)

For the record, I don't run it scaled down. We still need gear for our members and Worm jewelry still sells well!
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather wait until I can just buy it from the Crown store for 5k crowns than contribute to the disgusting greed of trade monopolies.
    Oh, this is just precious :lol:

So you'd pay real money to the people single-handedly determining the availability of the stuff and its real money price, rather than give in-game gold (of which many of us have more than we know what to do with it) to a number of different sellers competing with each other to offload motifs they took the effort to farm? Yep, seems like you have your priorities straight.

BTW, I don't think "monopoly" means what you think it means.
    Edited by daemonios on August 4, 2016 11:48PM
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people have to spoil the fun glitches?
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather wait until I can just buy it from the Crown store for 5k crowns than contribute to the disgusting greed of trade monopolies.

Why not just wait until you can buy it in-game for 3k gold? Almost all the motifs eventually drop to that range, at least on PC NA.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a99.jpg
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I never understood why people pay that much. Yeah, it is a game and it is just game money, but I mean come on.

When I found this out and got my first few chapters, I knew I'd sell them. There's no way I'd farm them for use yet if I can make money. So I tried to decide what a super high price was, and I came up with 30k. I didn't figure people would pay more, and I wanted the stuff to move.

Hearing people paid 170k, or even over 50k per chapter? I don't feel remotely bad about this anymore. And as for the argument people are entitled and it is a slap in the face for those that work to get it, I have two statements.

One, chill. It is a video game. Most play it for fun, not hard work.

Two, the ones that are doing this on level are getting much, much better deals than the low level farmers. The only chance to get a chapter is on a boss or the weekly coffer. If you scale it, then that means you get one chapter for each toon you run, once per week. Assuming you farm normal MoL, you're getting 2-3 times the whiskers and chapters per run, and on top of that you can do it on the same character over and over which is a much larger convenience than you'd realize. My DK was in 5 piece heavy DPSing...

So to recap; it takes the same time, yields far less rewards, and is not "farmable" over and over again, and this is somehow 'unfair'?
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hhaha look at the general discussion section as a whole.

PC players are the biggest snitches around.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Holy-Dope wrote: »
    Thanks for snitching. If you know it works the way then why the heck you bought them instead of getting them yourself. Those people who are farming are investing their time and effort and their minds working on these crazy ideas.
    So get off your lazy arse and get it yourself or stop blaming the system
    Or people. And FFS it's just motif not SO farm as was before the patch.

y u mad tho?

@Conquistador @Holy-Dope

didnt look mad to me tbh. Just speaking the truth.

You look mad if anything.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact people are calling it snitching is proving its point actually B)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I hope not. I dropped well, WELL over a million gold since dro-m'Athra is supposed to be hard to get.

:| Why on Nirn would you spend over a million gold on anything?
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Hhaha look at the general discussion section as a whole.

PC players are the biggest snitches around.

What's there to snitch? There is nothing to see here. Or are you saying low.levels shouldn't be getting the drops so that higher-levels won't be tempted to downscale the content and farm them? To be honest I really don't understand the hysteria.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So those of us who are great/the best and have time to play the game don't deserve a reward for putting in endless hours of grinding hard content?

I'm just shaking my head here.

What ever happened to playing a social game because it was fun? Meeting people, exploring the world.

Back in my day I did not feel the need to get some sort of prize to prove I had enough fun.

and if it's not fun, why are you here again...?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I hope not. I dropped well, WELL over a million gold since dro-m'Athra is supposed to be hard to get.

Cuz what the hell else are we going to do with it?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Cuz what the hell else are we going to do with it?

Spend it on appearance cha-

Oh... sorry, too soon.
  • Bisenberger96
    Bisenberger96
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, those people who are scaling maw down simply just aren't being efficient. You have a chance to get jewelry from the final boss that is worth well over 100k. You have the chance to get useful set items such as alkosh, worm, and moon dancer throughout the entire trial. However, none of these are really worth anything if they aren't cp160, and if the players are too high above the level of enemies in the trial, loot won't even drop. The motif also drops from bosses if the trial is scaled up high enough. So sure, go ahead and run your level 10 maw to get your weekly motif while others run it at cp160 and get more xp, gold, and useful set items in addition to multiple motifs.
    Edited by Bisenberger96 on August 5, 2016 1:00AM
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    So those of us who are great/the best and have time to play the game don't deserve a reward for putting in endless hours of grinding hard content?

What ever happened to playing a social game because it was fun? Meeting people, exploring the world.

Back in my day I did not feel the need to get some sort of prize to prove I had enough fun.

I can only speak for myself. For me, the social aspect was lacking (and surprisingly -more- of a drain on my time than being competitive). I'll still sit in zone chat now and then and talk to people but ultimately, my fun in the game is taking the giant puzzle that is trials and ttrying to fit all of the pieces together.

So, what this means for me is I'm stuck with the RNG boss. I have spent countless hours in normal versions of content helping people get gear. Mobs drop 1-3g each. Sometimes RNGesus smiles on me and gives me something good that is deemed high value to someone else. I sell to them, in exchange I buy something else that is valuable to myself or someone else.

People look at the high sale values and think it's all locked in someone's bank. It's not. That gold goes right back into the economy for gear, upgrade mats, potions, etc. The people buying these pages up are typically the ones being paid to gear people out who don't have time to do so.

It's big transactions that lead to other micro transactions which cycles through this economy.
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for shopping,lol
  • sigsergv
    sigsergv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Thanks for shopping,lol

Good luck with that. People I know are not selling pages, they are waiting when ZOS fix that issue and make motif expensive again. And THEN they sell them.
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Eh for the most part MMO's of the past allowed/no EXPECTED players to work for gear and items in the game that actually took time/effort to get. Todays MMO community are entitled and lazy for the most part. Players these days would have a heart attack if they had to spend a week trying to take down VOX trying to get gear.

Sadly MMO players today expect the devs to hand them everything.
    WOW being a perfect example of what happens when the devs listen to these people..

Players cried and cried about WOW taking so long to gear out a character.. Players cried so loud that the devs caved in and started the welfare gear handout system..

Soon afterwards those same players started flooding the forums crying that the game had become boring and too easy. Then those same players started leaving.

Nothing about ESO is or ever was "hard".. ESO is aimed more for the "casual" player. In doing so it makes things easier to obtain than the traditional MMO. ZOS itself said that ESO wasn't going to be a traditional MMO. so people should not be shocked that gone are the days of self fulfillment in being a snowflake for "Hard work/Effort" in obtaining such items.

Play and enjoy ESO for what it is... A casual single player RPG with the option to play with friends and you will be a lot happier with ESO.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sigsergv wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Thanks for shopping,lol

Good luck with that. People I know are not selling pages, they are waiting when ZOS fix that issue and make motif expensive again. And THEN they sell them.

already sold 3,and no scaling.so your good luck gesture is appreciated.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But now everyone can have them.
    Maybe it's intended to stop the already elite from being stupidly OP rich. Motifs were never intended to be an achievement.. you shouldn't have to be the best to have a cosmetic like that.

So those of us who are great/the best and have time to play the game don't deserve a reward for putting in endless hours of grinding hard content? The loot in mmo's are slowly dying because of these types of comments.

You do, it is the max level loot. And I doubt anything is dieing from comments. Big egos need to be popped and deflated not inflated. Maybe the golden will just sell them all for 2k each to watch some people predict hell fire raining down. IT IS JUST COSMETICS.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    264.jpg
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... Went on a farming/buying spree in the last couple of hours thanks to this thread.. Who would've thought... Lvl 10 farms and 10k per page trololol. So cheap... So gooood~ Ty for the heads up ya'll.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even have the update yet... - Cazzy Black, Console Pleb.