The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Brazz38 wrote: »
    I made a forums account just so I could add to this particular forum since it has been immensely helpful to me in the past.

I found the copy of A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas book for DC and EP toons. No idea how long it has been there. Maybe recently added? Maybe it has been there the whole time?

Castle Faregyl lumber mill has a wooden storage house type building off to the side. The door doesn't give a prompt to open, at least not on Xbox, but you can just walk through it. The book is inside the building.

I'm guessing they added it in that location between updates (I don't believe it was there all the time) ^^

There are no doors on the PC there so it's a bit strange.

But confirmation is here:
    A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas
    f98g0nt1si6r.jpg
    95hf3nywrdph.jpg
    Edited by GeneralEU on July 31, 2022 1:20AM
    Options
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing following books:

Adwig's Journal
    Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Dreadsails Communique
    Izbadd's Letter
    Kiv's Notes
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel
    Royal Messenger's Fate

Hopefully we get post quest locations here asap
    Options
  • ginsenghunter
    ginsenghunter
    Soul Shriven
    Anne13 wrote: »
    The list of bugged lore books is much bigger this patch by far... I was only missing 4 bugged last patch.

Here's what I am left with, if anyone can shed any light on these. I'd be very grateful.

Author's assistant wanted - bugged from last patch. No post quest.

A tale of the Dauntless Bananas - ps5/eu. There's no other way to get this on a different platform. - Can obtain on ps4/5 Eu by Ad alliance in the western cyrodil tavern.

About jhaka - Pulk delve in Vvardenfell, related to Embers quest. No post quest?

Adwig's journal - No post quest?

Izbadds letter - Given by Ember at the start of her quest? No post quest?

Letter from Aurelia's jourvel - Given by Isobel at the start of her quest? No post quest location?

Letter from vetita marcott - Cannot find any info about this one.

Note to cynic - Says in Garic's Rest, cannot find yet.

Ode to the nose of the woman - Given during a quest by a Npc 'Nilsmon' at Castle Navire - No post quest?

Royal Messengers Fate During a quest - No post quest?

ToT Clues Google the name to search and didn't open to read. Missed 1 this way and cannot obtain again?

There's a lot :(

I found "The Tale of Dauntless Banana's" in Cyrodiil the other day, thanks in part to another post I found here. It is in a wooden building located at the lumbermill of Faregyl Keep. Its on a crate inside. US server, PS4 and i'm DC. good luck :)
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

I found "The Tale of Dauntless Banana's" in Cyrodiil the other day, thanks in part to another post I found here. It is in a wooden building located at the lumbermill of Faregyl Keep. Its on a crate inside. US server, PS4 and i'm DC. good luck :)[/quote]

I have this now thank you! Obtainable on Ad side in the tavern on a table. Ps4/5 Eu

Cost me x2 alliance change tokens. Rip
    Options
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list of bugged lore books is much bigger this patch by far... I was only missing 4 bugged last patch.

Here's what I am left with, if anyone can shed any light on these. I'd be very grateful.

About jhaka - Pulk delve in Vvardenfell, related to Embers quest. No post quest?

This one is very soon in the dungeon on a barrel on the left side. You do not have to go far in the dungoen.

There is a posting with the location in this thread already. It's in the Shornhelm Outlaws Refuge. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7668463/#Comment_7668463
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found the Letter from Vetitia Marcott:

In Shornhelm Outlaws Refuge:

ty ty ty! somehow i totally missed that post
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a forums account just so I could add to this particular forum since it has been immensely helpful to me in the past.

I found the copy of A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas book for DC and EP toons. No idea how long it has been there. Maybe recently added? Maybe it has been there the whole time?

Castle Faregyl lumber mill has a wooden storage house type building off to the side. The door doesn't give a prompt to open, at least not on Xbox, but you can just walk through it. The book is inside the building.

if thats true, it's huge and will make quite some people happy :D
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »

if thats true, it's huge and will make quite some people happy :D

I confirmed his words a few posts above on this page 88 :P
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    i see i see, always refresh before you post ^^
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar Writings:
    Royal Messenger's Fate

Systres Tomes and Scrolls:
    Adwig's Journal
    Dreadsails Communique
    Kiv's Notes
    Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman

Tomes of Tributes:
    All sixteen I needed
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

This one is very soon in the dungeon on a barrel on the left side. You do not have to go far in the dungoen.

There is a posting with the location in this thread already. It's in the Shornhelm Outlaws Refuge. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7668463/#Comment_7668463

Thank you I now have about jhaka!

I saw the other post and got this one too! Thanks all
    Options
  • ginsenghunter
    ginsenghunter
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know where to find "Elegian's Notes" or "Order of the Waking Flame Ritual" under Daedric Cults, post quest?
    Options
  • TheTuSiK
    TheTuSiK
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where to find "Elegian's Notes" or "Order of the Waking Flame Ritual" under Daedric Cults, post quest?

I sent a ticket to ZOS support a while ago with the same question and the answer (more or less) was: "there's currently no way of obtaining them, but you can do the quest on another character and read the books there"
    Like reading them it's what we want here...
    Anyway, for now there's no way, gotta wait for ZOS to add them somewhere post quest.
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheTuSiK wrote: »

I sent a ticket to ZOS support a while ago with the same question and the answer (more or less) was: "there's currently no way of obtaining them, but you can do the quest on another character and read the books there"
    Anyway, for now there's no way, gotta wait for ZOS to add them somewhere post quest.

Another reason why I am in full support of an account wide eidetic memory collection

EDIT: @ZOS_Kevin Can I request that you forward the idea of the EM being account wide to the devs? Note, Shalidor's library and motif knowledge would be exempt from this for obvious reasons. Ty for taking a second to read this.
    Edited by Djennku on August 10, 2022 8:16AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

Another reason why I am in full support of an account wide eidetic memory collection

EDIT: @ZOS_Kevin Can I request that you forward the idea of the EM being account wide to the devs? Note, Shalidor's library and motif knowledge would be exempt from this for obvious reasons. Ty for taking a second to read this.

i fully support this idea.
    @ZOS_Kevin
    It's basically the only chance to get out of this missery once and for all.

Since i started 6 years ago there was not once a situation, where no "memorys" have been bugged and each book would be available. Yes, they fixed books, but never 100% and bugged out new and even old books with each single update.

For people who just want to complete the collection of collected books it's really a nightmare.

Accountwide memorys would be a solutions for all of the collectors. Just jump on another char and do that quest again where you failed to read a book which was secretly added to your inventory at a certain step, and removed automatically at the next quest step again. Or where you have 2 choices in a quest, and just one of them gives you the chance to read it.

Another reason could be: we were told accountwide achievements were made for database advantages. Well, there are 3000 achievements(?), but 4000+ notes&memories/books which are all tracked for each character.

To be clear... we are not talking about Shalidors Magegilde-books or Motif/Style pages.... but JUST about the notes:
    0iuden7kupz4.png
    Edited by tim77 on August 10, 2022 11:24AM
    Options
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

+1
    but if i am correct there still needs to be some fixes for books like:
    Izbadd's Letter
    Kiv's Notes
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel
    because you can only do this quest once if i understand that posting correct:
    With all the bugged books, that falls under my rule #3 for collecting them: if you get multiple spots to check in a quest and that steps completes before you check them all... Abandon and restart.

It's a pity that players have to resort to such emergency solutions, but seems to be a good idea as long as zos doesn't get a grip on it.
    what are the other rules? ^^

Rule #1 is, do the quests on another character first.
    Rule #2, wait until stuff's fixed.
    And now, the new rule #4... Don't complete companion quests on secondaries...

Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

+1
    but if i am correct there still needs to be some fixes for books

baby steps.... ^^
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

Since i started 6 years ago there was not once a situation, where no "memorys" have been bugged and each book would be available. Yes, they fixed books, but never 100% and bugged out new and even old books with each single update.

For people who just want to complete the collection of collected books it's really a nightmare.

Accountwide memorys would be a solutions for all of the collectors. Just jump on another char and do that quest again where you failed to read a book which was secretly added to your inventory at a certain step, and removed automatically at the next quest step again. Or where you have 2 choices in a quest, and just one of them gives you the chance to read it.

Another reason could be: we were told accountwide achievements were made for database advantages. Well, there are 3000 achievements(?), but 4000+ notes&memories/books which are all tracked for each character.

To be clear... we are not talking about Shalidors Magegilde-books or Motif/Style pages.... but JUST about the notes:
    0iuden7kupz4.png

Agree it should be "Account Wide memories" why? this reduces the amount of data per character as for achievements.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Account-wide EM would help quite a few things, for which I’m in favor of it, but it’s not a cure-all. The Rite of Scion seems like it’s now unobtainable, for example. It also wouldn’t fix issues where a lorebook is within one alliance gate (like Victory Tavern) without a location accessible to other alliances. (Some of us are maxed on characters, and it’d be ridiculous to have to pay 6k crowns for an alliance change and back.) I’m glad they fixed that book, but I wish they had bothered to communicate it. (That’s also a much broader issue than lorebooks, to be honest.)

Account-wide EM also wouldn’t fix all the problems where lorebooks are stealth-added and stealth-removed during quests, where lorebooks are an optional quest interactable that disappears when you investigate a different activator that advances the quest and removes the “optional” lorebooks for good, or where lorebooks are removed from EM after years of being there or added years afterwards. It would only provide a workaround for people who noticed, and then only if they haven’t done those quests on all their characters. In seven years it’s quite feasible that someone has done that Wrothgar quest for Royal Messenger’s Fate on all their characters, for example, in which case getting that through account-wide EM would require deleting a character. That’s not a reasonable ask. The lorebook creation and maintenance process needs to be much more carefully executed in general on top of account-wide EM.
    Options
  • flynntribe
    Need assistance with finding the following Lorebooks please
    Library of incunabula - Terrans’s Notes (White Gold Tower - But Where?)
    Pellitine Postings - Crumpled Nursery Rhymes (Anequina Aqueduct ? )
    Wrothgar Writings - Royal Messenger’s Fate (Watcher's Hold - is there a post quest location)
    These must be fairly new cause I have never seen these in my Lorebook Library until recently
    Also not liking the fact that they are adding Lorebooks to quest that were done years ago with no real way of going back to get these pages with old toons
    They need to correct this
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @flynntribe see the past couple pages of posts. It's all been discussed here already.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flynntribe wrote: »
    Need assistance with finding the following Lorebooks please
    Library of incunabula - Terrans’s Notes (White Gold Tower - But Where?)
    Pellitine Postings - Crumpled Nursery Rhymes (Anequina Aqueduct ? )
    Wrothgar Writings - Royal Messenger’s Fate (Watcher's Hold - is there a post quest location)
    These must be fairly new cause I have never seen these in my Lorebook Library until recently
    Also not liking the fact that they are adding Lorebooks to quest that were done years ago with no real way of going back to get these pages with old toons
    They need to correct this

Terran's Notes you can find on the ground after you take the portal following the final boss fight.
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Account-wide EM would help quite a few things, for which I’m in favor of it, but it’s not a cure-all. The Rite of Scion seems like it’s now unobtainable, for example. It also wouldn’t fix issues where a lorebook is within one alliance gate (like Victory Tavern) without a location accessible to other alliances. (Some of us are maxed on characters, and it’d be ridiculous to have to pay 6k crowns for an alliance change and back.) I’m glad they fixed that book, but I wish they had bothered to communicate it. (That’s also a much broader issue than lorebooks, to be honest.)

Account-wide EM also wouldn’t fix all the problems where lorebooks are stealth-added and stealth-removed during quests, where lorebooks are an optional quest interactable that disappears when you investigate a different activator that advances the quest and removes the “optional” lorebooks for good, or where lorebooks are removed from EM after years of being there or added years afterwards. It would only provide a workaround for people who noticed, and then only if they haven’t done those quests on all their characters. In seven years it’s quite feasible that someone has done that Wrothgar quest for Royal Messenger’s Fate on all their characters, for example, in which case getting that through account-wide EM would require deleting a character. That’s not a reasonable ask. The lorebook creation and maintenance process needs to be much more carefully executed in general on top of account-wide EM.

I've never heard of a person who did all the quests in Tamriel on each of the 18 characters, so what you wrote now doesn't make sense, especially since quests with broken books and notes usually don't even give you a skillpint.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

I've never heard of a person who did all the quests in Tamriel on each of the 18 characters, so what you wrote now doesn't make sense, especially since quests with broken books and notes usually don't even give you a skillpint.

It doesn’t take all quests in Tamriel completed on 18 characters to make account-wide EM fail as a cure-all. All it takes is one single lorebook without a post-quest location (e.g. Royal Messenger’s Fate) or without a location open to all alliances (of which there were formerly several) or inaccessible for any character to get right now (like Rite of the Scion).

If even one person has done that one Wrothgar quest on all their characters (hardly all quests in Tamriel), then account-wide EM will not allow them to read Royal Messenger’s Fate. We’ve also got bugged lorebooks in a companion recruitment quest now - and with 20 million accounts in game I would actually be surprised if no one at all has unlocked Isobel on all their characters, potentially missing those bugged lorebooks along the way. Account-wide EM would not help that situation. (And no, I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask people to buy another character slot as a workaround for a bugged lorebook, so we’re talking about 8 or 9 characters - certainly not unrealistic when it comes to doing a single companion recruitment quest, which lots of players prioritize.)

As for the part about skill points, keep in mind that this is an RPG - there are many players who complete quests on alts for reasons other than skill points. (See the companion-related issue above.) I don’t see why they should be punished for not keeping an unused alt on hand as a workaround for bugs that the developers don’t fix in a timely manner.
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @virtus753 If anything, they can delete one of their toons and redo quests if it ever came to that.

But honestly that's more a 'what if' situation that very few are probably going to have, and if it came to it for that one person, they'll probably be able to find a solution.

If anyone is really that invested in collecting all the books, they'll find a way. Account wide EM would be a big help with that, rather than having to wait a span of possible years for that one last book to get fixed.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

It doesn’t take all quests in Tamriel completed on 18 characters to make account-wide EM fail as a cure-all. All it takes is one single lorebook without a post-quest location (e.g. Royal Messenger’s Fate) or without a location open to all alliances (of which there were formerly several) or inaccessible for any character to get right now (like Rite of the Scion).

If even one person has done that one Wrothgar quest on all their characters (hardly all quests in Tamriel), then account-wide EM will not allow them to read Royal Messenger’s Fate. We’ve also got bugged lorebooks in a companion recruitment quest now - and with 20 million accounts in game I would actually be surprised if no one at all has unlocked Isobel on all their characters, potentially missing those bugged lorebooks along the way. Account-wide EM would not help that situation. (And no, I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask people to buy another character slot as a workaround for a bugged lorebook, so we’re talking about 8 or 9 characters - certainly not unrealistic when it comes to doing a single companion recruitment quest, which lots of players prioritize.)

As for the part about skill points, keep in mind that this is an RPG - there are many players who complete quests on alts for reasons other than skill points. (See the companion-related issue above.) I don’t see why they should be punished for not keeping an unused alt on hand as a workaround for bugs that the developers don’t fix in a timely manner.

Partly right, but a few books (mainly Ember and Isobel companions) where you get a note for the EQ, but the assignment doesn't make us read it, which is stupid (having to read would be a better option) and yes I know there are books generally broken one way or the other way. Many players also think that adding a book / note post quest location to the patch is 10 minutes of work, but I know that this alone can break something else or need to edit practically the entire code of the task to make it work as we want, i.e. add a post quest location.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @virtus753 If anything, they can delete one of their toons and redo quests if it ever came to that.

But honestly that's more a 'what if' situation that very few are probably going to have, and if it came to it for that one person, they'll probably be able to find a solution.

If anyone is really that invested in collecting all the books, they'll find a way. Account wide EM would be a big help with that, rather than having to wait a span of possible years for that one last book to get fixed.

As I’ve said repeatedly, I am for account-wide EM. I think it would help most lorebook problems for most people. It’s obviously not the same as fixing the books properly - but it’s also obviously not mutually exclusive with that. The ideal solution is both.

What I’m not for is leaving edge cases on their own to pursue an expensive workaround for a developer bug. We already know ZOS won’t grant achievements that are bugged even with video proof of the player earning that achievement. They have corrupted character records trying to do so, so they don’t do it. In that sense they cannot solve even account-wide edge cases individually. They must fix the bugs themselves instead, whether that’s ensuring that achievements pop when they should or putting books in accessible locations. As for what we can do on our end, I’ll reiterate that it’s not reasonable imo to expect someone to delete a character. I have 18 9-trait crafters myself - ZOS is certainly not going to reimburse me that time and gold if I delete one as a workaround for a bugged lorebook. It’s not reasonable to ask someone to spend the money/gold to faction change and swap back. I have 18 AD characters as well - I’m lucky that Bananas was bugged in my favor, but that doesn’t mean I don’t care about the people who had only non-AD characters or about the possibility that they bug a book in the future so AD can’t get it. And while I myself don’t have Isobel on all my characters, I’m not in favor of saying that those who have are just out of luck until they pay for an additional character slot or delete one of their characters. That’s a significant price to pay for a workaround to a bug that would not have existed had ZOS taken better care to ensure every lorebook is accessible.

It’s been 8 years of ZOS continuing to bug lorebooks in much the same ways, and yet we currently have more bugged lorebooks than at any point in at least the past five years, iirc. The lorebook curation process is clearly not getting any better in terms of the in-game results for players. Account-wide EM would help a lot of people with this immediately (which is why, again, I am for it), but it doesn’t relieve ZOS of the responsibility to fix their bugs at the end of the day. It could even help them prioritize which books to fix sooner, but my point is that it can’t be an excuse for them to stop fixing the ones that are broken.
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar Writings:
    Royal Messenger's Fate

Note to Cynric

Tomes of Tributes:
    All seventeens I needed

The Impresario`s Catalogue:
    By Command of the Ascendant Orde
    Mel Adrys' Journal

Archipelago Books and Almanacs:
    A Trespasser in Ivyhame
    Calling All Sea Elves!
    Druid Fables: Systres Beavers
    Druid Funerals: A Piece of Y'ffre
    Exodus of the Druids
    Investigator Vale and the Darkmasts
    Legacy of the Bretons
    Modern Day Bretons: Man or Mer?
    The Dream of Kasorayn
    The Druid Monoliths
    The Final Dream of Kasorayn
    Vastyr Fisherfolk Song
    Edited by Holger30 on November 2, 2022 7:31PM
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    Wrothgar Writings:
    Royal Messenger's Fate

Adwig's Journal
    Archdruid Michiel`s Orders
    Dreadsails Communique
    Kiv's Notes
    Letter from Druid Laurel
    Note to Cynric

Tomes of Tributes:
    All seventeens I needed

Hearts and Flowers:
    Letter from Ember
    Letter from Isobel

Library of Incunabula:
    A Warning to those who follow
    Logbook of Druid Anwas
    Message of Welcome
    Spirits of lost Nature
    The Meaning of the Hidden Fawn
    The only Record of Our Plan
    Your Final Warning

The Impresario`s Catalogue:
    By Command of the Ascendant Order
    Help Wanted: Philien`s Tours

Check this post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7670447/#Comment_7670447
    Options
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "By Command of the Ascendant Order" is not at the location it should be for me. Is it quest related?
    Options