Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Niraeyas
    Niraeyas
    ✭✭
    Also, does anyone know where to find the book "Notes on Elven Architecture"? It's possible that I've missed the lorebooks pin location or something stupid, but I can't find it anywhere...ESOHead has a few pins in Deshaan, but it is not at any of the locations as far as I can see. Thanks!
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I cant find this book "House Hlaalu Merchant Camp" with my second Char.
    And this "Evacuation Order"
    And "Letter to Sonya"
    And "Orders to Halskar"
    And "Letter to an Aldarch" I found this into the shrines, with help from another guy. After Quest the door closed.
    And "Nirweans Diary"Same, i ndeed help from another guy to come into the Stormwarden Undercroft After Quest the door closed.
    And "Shipyard Workers, Take Warning!"
    And "Memo to Captain Siro"
    And "Giant Warning"

In Cyrodiil "Dominion Military Recruitment", this book can only get Dominion Char.??
    Edited by Holger30 on February 1, 2017 3:57PM
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    Is there going to be a list of new books and locations from the PTS? Also have any of the bugged books been fixed in the PTS?
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there going to be a list of new books and locations from the PTS? Also have any of the bugged books been fixed in the PTS?

I found a few fixed books on the PTS but due to a new feature (read books no longer glow) I was having difficulty checking the whole list. It is fine when I know where to expect a book to be or can guess...but otherwise the non-glowing books are hard to locate lol.

Fixed on PTS 2.7.0
    • Oodegu s Journal - Keep OUt!
    • Heart of Valenwood

Not Fixed on PTS 2.7.0
    • Eyes of the Queen Only
    • Letter from Lenwe
    • Letter from Camarino
    • Rotten Bread and Spoiled Meat
    • How Much Longer?
    • Grand Sermonizer's Journal
    • Valyia's Cargo Manifest
    • KIDNAPPING!
    • Shipyards Workers, Take Warning!
    • Note from Jeegren

Currently the PTS is on EU character copy so I probably won't be checking many more (since i have to do the quests the books are in)
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow so it seems they fixed almost nothing. A shame, really.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Myrkr
    Myrkr
    Soul Shriven
    I am wondering if "Letter to Baloth Bloodtusk", from the "Orsinium Archives" and initially found in Arakaul's Memory instance, has been found after the completion of the quest.
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Since they copied the NA chars over again for the last PTS patch, I went to check some again with my characters. The ones missing at Phaer and Torinaan are still missing (though the bugged uninteractable books at the latter are back). Eyes of the Queen Only is still missing for me. KIDNAPPING is still missing. I also looked for the ones for Honor's Rest and could not find them at the camp, the unlocked tomb, or where you entered the memories at.

So yeah, they fixed a couple of them and ignored the rest. Not surprising since there's still books that are inaccessible in the game (like the Undaunted one) or ones locked behind certain alliances (like the ones at the faction bases in Cyrodiil). Are the devs even aware of all of these bugged books? Have they even looked at this thread lately?
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Gold Coast Bookshelves] Bitter Travels Among the Nixad

Anyone knows where to find this one? Lorebook addon tells me Order of the Hour enclave. However, I have searched far and wide both outside and inside the area, and still not a sign of this. It's the final book I'm missing in the Gold Coast DLC so help is much appreciated.
    Edited by Carbonised on February 1, 2017 9:21AM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Anyone knows where to find this one? Lorebook addon tells me Order of the Hour enclave. However, I have searched far and wide bout outside and inside the area, and still not a sign of this. It's the final book I'm missing in the Gold Coast DLC so help is much appreciated.

If it mentions "bookshelves" it means it can be found in *any* bookshelves all over the Gold Coast. Don't stick to the ones in the enclave. Instead, visit all houses in both towns and if you're lucky you'll find it. Else you'll have to wait until the bookshelves reset.

Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone knows where to find this one? Lorebook addon tells me Order of the Hour enclave. However, I have searched far and wide bout outside and inside the area, and still not a sign of this. It's the final book I'm missing in the Gold Coast DLC so help is much appreciated.

If it mentions "bookshelves" it means it can be found in *any* bookshelves all over the Gold Coast. Don't stick to the ones in the enclave. Instead, visit all houses in both towns and if you're lucky you'll find it. Else you'll have to wait until the bookshelves reset.

I'm quite sure the "Gold Coast Bookshelves" is merely the name for the eidetic memory sections that pertains to Dark Brotherhood DLC. It does not mean the actual bookcases. I am aware that some books are accessible through random bookshelves, but am quite certain that the Nixad book is a unique one, not found in the bookshelves. Thus your advice isn't really of any help here.

The UESP link also writes "Enclave of the Hourglass" as the only location.

And again.

@Ayantir @Mix - Any of you two know about this one?
    Edited by Carbonised on February 1, 2017 9:17AM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite sure the "Gold Coast Bookshelves" is merely the name for the eidetic memory sections that pertains to Dark Brotherhood DLC.

Nope. In my experience, whenever the add-on mentions "bookshelves" in the tooltip, it means the actual bookcases, not the collection.
    But feel free to not believe me (and to be rude), I'm just trying to help here.

Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm quite sure the "Gold Coast Bookshelves" is merely the name for the eidetic memory sections that pertains to Dark Brotherhood DLC. It does not mean the actual bookcases. I am aware that some books are accessible through random bookshelves, but am quite certain that the Nixad book is a unique one, not found in the bookshelves. Thus your advice isn't really of any help here.

And again.

When it says on tooltip using the Lorebook addon, it is actually found in *any* bookshelves more or less pertaining to the zone it came out with (not always).

anitajoneb is right
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »

And again.

When it says on tooltip using the Lorebook addon, it is actually found in *any* bookshelves more or less pertaining to the zone it came out with (not always).

anitajoneb is right

No I am quite sure he/she is not right.

Like I said, I am not in game right now, so I cannot double check the tooltip frmo the addon.

However, I already linked the UESP book list, and here it is again.

You see clear as day it says "Location: Hourglass enclave" and not "random bookcases" as it does on some of the others.

Also, the book in question about the Nixad is part of a DLC trilogy, along with This one and that one From Wrothgar and Hew's Bane, which are also unique books and not found in any random bookshelves.

Stop already with the speculation, ok? I was asking if anyone had any definite proof as to where to find that book. Not thoughts about where it may be, where it could possibly be found, but proof of where the book actually is.

Now if you are absolutely certain that the book is found in the random bookcases, then I would like to know that, but all I'm hearing so far is "some books are found in bookcases, this book probably is too" and that's not really good enough.

And like I said, the lorebooks addon tooltip does not say "bookcases", if I remember correctly it actually says "Hourclass Enclave" - or no tooltip at all.
    Edited by Carbonised on February 1, 2017 10:22AM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And like I said, the lorebooks addon tooltip does not say "bookcases", if I remember correctly it actually says "Hourclass Enclave" - or no tooltip at all.

You don't remember correctly.

HwJsOsS.jpg

Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't remember correctly.

HwJsOsS.jpg

In that case I stand corrected. I'll take a few rounds of the bookshelves of Gold Coast when I get back home and see if I find it.

Kind of frustrating that the UESP and Elder Scrolls Wikia are both incorrect on the issue then.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of frustrating that the UESP and Elder Scrolls Wikia are both incorrect on the issue then.

Don't blame them.
    Those sites are made and updated "manually", there are 3000+ books in the game, that's huuuuge work, and they tend also to copy information from each other - including potential mistakes. It's also very difficult to identify if and when ZOS changes something in the positioning of any book, and to update the info accordingly.

@Ayantir 's addon is much more reliable because it is the only tool that is automated and incorporated into the game's systems. But even then, it required its own reporting tool and a lot of manual adjustments from Ayantir.

That is why collaborative threads such as this one are very precious - we book hunters gotta stick together, and when we've finally "catch'em all", we won't have any title to exhibit ingame, but we'll truly have earned it ! That's also why I am a little bit mad at you for being slightly ungrateful of help offered.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 1, 2017 11:06AM
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't blame them.
    Those sites are made and updated "manually", there are 3000+ books in the game, that's huuuuge work, and they tend also to copy information from each other - including potential mistakes. It's also very difficult to identify if and when ZOS changes something in the positioning of any book, and to update the info accordingly.

@Ayantir 's addon is much more reliable because it is the only tool that is automated and incorporated into the game's systems. But even then, it required its own reporting tool and a lot of manual adjustments from Ayantir.

That is why collaborative threads such as this one are very precious - we book hunters gotta stick together, and when we've finally "catch'em all", we won't have any title to exhibit ingame, but we'll truly have earned it ! That's also why I am a little bit mad at you for being slightly ungrateful of help offered.

Ye we book hunters should stick together. I'm sorry if I came across as ungrateful, that wasn't my intention. It's just that most times on these forums when you ask a pretty simple question, you get like 10 different answers, and 9 of them will be some guy writing what he thinks is the answer, or what he heard a friend's cousin say about the issue some months ago.
    At least now we can conclude that the Nixad book is found in one of the random bookshelves, and I'll go hunt for it as soon as I'm back home again.

No worries, I still got like 20-30 books I can't find in the game, so I'll be back asking for more soon.
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just imagine the hunt for all the new notes in Morrowind expansion - wooh!
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's talk about the few new eidetic books added with housing:

Anthology of Abodes Available for Acquisition - can be found easily

Homes for Sale! - still looking where
    Adventurer's Almanac, 1st Edition - still looking

Options
  • Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    House for sale!" is obtained by making the quest for introduction. The announcement States although there is a flyer stapled, but as soon as you take it, the quest begins and nothing tells us that one must read the leaflet, which is in our inventory. And so, once the quest has been completed, the pamphlet disappears. I had beautiful tried again this pamphlet I can't find anywhere.

Options
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭

This can be found by doing the starting quest for obtaining your home.

This can be found in the starting city (Davon's Watch for EP and so on) next to the guy that will give you the cake.
    Not sure if you have to complete the cake quest before it visible.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Will developers fix other books in Homesteed or they will fix this only in Morrowind (possible) or not fix? @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_TristanK, @ZOS_GaryA anyone can comment. We all want close out eidetic collection which we trying to close 3 years!
    Options
  • Ragemar
    Ragemar
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way I can remove "Eidetic" markers on the map I have a bunch of Crafting Mottifs showing up on my map like
    Crafting Motif 34: Assassins League Chests

Its not something Im going to find on the ground in Glenumbra ;)
    Options
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Nirwean's Diary is fixed now, it's outside of the door where the related mission is. Heart of Valenwood is also confirmed fixed. These are the lores I have left:

== Unknown Locations ==

Diaries and Logs:
    Captain Black Sword's Journal

Notes and Memos:
    Plea to Maximinus

Research Notes:
    Adainaz's Journal

Words of the Poets:
    A Less Rude Song

== Bugged Locations ==

Notes and Memos:
    [Shadowfen] Eyes of the Queen Only - impossible to get if quests done in different order

Wrothgar Writings:
    [Wrothgar] Conversion Status - can't find post quest

Hew's Bane Bookshelf:
    [Stormhaven] Arrest Writ - can't find post quest

Handbills:
    Homes For Sale! - can't find post quest
    Options
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Ragemar wrote: »
    Is there any way I can remove "Eidetic" markers on the map I have a bunch of Crafting Mottifs showing up on my map like

You'll have to wait for Lorebooks to update; every major update that releases new motifs tends to mess up the indexing for the different categories.
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragemar wrote: »

Go to map and under filters, untick 'Crafting Motifs'
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the location for "Homes for Sale!"? I hope i didnt miss it when I did the new quest...
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.

Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    gahhh apparently so -_- you would think there would be a location for it afterwardss

Options
  • Muadyb
    Muadyb
    ✭✭✭
    Homes for Sale -> This one, is only obtain from the quest house (Crown store version, not NPC in bank). After we accept the quest (text), in the "quest items" section from our inventory, a letter will appear (with a strange name ....brochure something...not the correct name), read it, is the Homes for Sale

Edited by Muadyb on February 7, 2017 9:45PM
    "Red Wind is always breezing upon you...waiting for the incoming sandstorm."
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, I didnt read it either......*sigh*
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options