The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me just injection and say nice see so many looking for books. Just only recently got this feature must say it's amazing m
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    With my third Char i found the book"Eyes of the Queen Only" to the left of Loriasel, near the way at a Camp.
    With my secnond Char i cant found the book there.

The same with the Letter"Evacuation Order" with my third Char i found this book in the Tower near the Sky Shard, with my Second Char i cant find it there.
    Edited by Holger30 on April 23, 2017 8:19AM
    Options
  • Massa2034
    Massa2034
    ✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    With my third Char i found the book"Eyes of the Queen Only" to the left of Loriasel, near the way at a Camp.

The same with the Letter"Evacuation Order" with my third Char i found this book in the Tower near the Sky Shard, with my Second Char i cant find it there.

Can you pls put the location of this camp?
    Options
  • Massa2034
    Massa2034
    ✭✭
    And when ESO u will fix all these books!!??

Finish to fix before launch Morrowind damn
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mix

We're you able to get into closed beta and see if books were fix? These are under base game and therefore shouldn't trip any NDA.
    Options
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

the two books seems to be wrong. i have finished several times with my toons and i didnt found those books.

eideticdata
    Number 79 and 80 from "The Devoted and the Deranged" are wrong

Number 79 is located at Rawl'kha Outlaws Refuge
    Number 80 could be in Elinhir/Craglorn but didnt found this book yet

The 6 books of "A Tangled Knot" are located at 0x56/0x80 is under "Tales of Tamriel"
    The German translation of "A Tangled Knot" is changed to "Ein verschlungener Knoten".
    Back to 2014 it was "Ein wirres Knäuel"

AN INTRODUCTION TO AEDRICAL STUDIES
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/08/15/loremasters-archive-introduction-to-aedric-studies
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on April 26, 2017 2:25PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

the two books seems to be wrong. i have finished several times with my toons and i didnt found those books.

eideticdata

The 6 books of "A Tangled Knot" are located at 0x56/0x80 and is under "Tales of Tamriel"

The German translation of "A Tangled Knot" is changed to "Ein verschlungener Knoten".

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.teso-rollenspiel.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=39115&edit-text=

The link doesn't work for me for aedric studies. Is there info on this book that is critical?
    Options
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Hi,

eideticdata

The 6 books of "A Tangled Knot" are located at 0x56/0x80 and is under "Tales of Tamriel"

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.teso-rollenspiel.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=39115&edit-text=

The link doesn't work for me for aedric studies. Is there info on this book that is critical?

I have only found this from Loremaster's Archive, could be a hint to this book
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/08/15/loremasters-archive-introduction-to-aedric-studies

All Archives
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/category/loremasters-archive?page=5

above link corrected
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on April 26, 2017 2:18PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Massa2034 wrote: »
    Holger30 wrote: »

Can you pls put the location of this camp?

Shadowfen 18,60 65,60
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    .... I'm in the process of compiling a list - the other day I went through on my main and was disturbed to see that although I have done every quest in base/silver/gold zones, I am missing a LOT of eidetic memory books - some of these I know should have been logged during the process of doing quests but haven't been marked off - my main is EP and stuff like "Note in a bag of Vvardenfell Silk" which is from a sidequest in Nimalten (The Rift) which I know I have done is not marked off in my eidetic memory. Same for "Uggisar's Diary" which is a quest related one in Eastmarch. Both books are interactables on the ground and open to the text of the book when doing the quests, but for my main were never marked as read in Eidetic Memory (I got Eidetic Memory after doing those quests, although that shouldn't make a difference and they should be added retrospectively upon Eidetic Memory being granted, it is clear that some stuff that I had previously read did not get properly checked off the list - and it bugs me that I cannot get those checked off now).
    When a player creates a character, the filter for Shalidor's Library lore books is selected by default on the Map UI filter list for that PC. Accordingly, if and when the PC receives Eidetic Memory, then the filter for unknown Eidetic documents should be selected on the Map UI filter list, too.

Unfortunately, it is not. However, all of the Eidetic documents which the PC has found and read before receiving the gift will be shown as such on the Eidetic Library lists. The feature for tracking and subsequently including them might not be error-free. Of course, there will be many more Eidetic documents which the player never noticed and/or the PC never read, although they were present and accessible during the course of previous play.

Until the player selects an Eidetic filter, document locations are not displayed on the Map at all. (Of course, regardless of whether an Eidetic filter is selected, no pin(s) will be displayed unless and until the PC obtains Eidetic Memory.)

So, there are many Eidetic documents which my PC also never found, even when they were supposedly available during a quest that the PC was pursuing, after the PC received Eidetic Memory -- if only because I had not yet selected the filter to show them. I discovered some and my PC read them even without the Map UI filter selected, both before and after the PC received Eidetic Memory. Frankly, I do not recall whether the software displayed the discovery announcement for Eidetic documents before the PC received Eidetic Memory. It was displayed when I found a Lore Book in Shalidor's Library (and the reputation bar for the Mages guild was also temporarily shown in the upper left corner of the Main UI).

Eventually, I discovered the filter to show unknown Eidetic documents on the Map. Regardless, many have remained unread because either (a) my PC completed a quest without finding them, or (b) I was unaware of needing to read them in the Quest Items in the PC's bags before receiving the reward for the quest, and the quest is not repeatable. There are others for which the location might have been accessible during a quest, but for which the location became inaccessible after the PC received the quest reward.

That said, I have sought dozens of Eidetic documents for which the PC is not required to be on a quest to find and read, but they are simply missing from the location shown by the filter pin. In other cases, a document that is supposedly available during a quest is not at the location shown by the filter pin, and/or it is never added to the PC's bags.

In a few cases, a "missing" Eidetic document has become available after my PC completed a specific quest (but it wasn't available during that quest). Fortunately, so far I haven't found one like that for which the location was inaccessible.

There are others missing, as well as many for which the filter shows a pin, that probably were intended to become available during or after a quest, but they are not identified in the library database as such. The filter pin for others is located in an inaccessible area before, during, and after completion of a quest during which they should have become accessible.

For Shalidor's Library, there are usually four or five locations in the same vicinity where each of its Lore Books can be found. I'm not sure why or when ZOS did that, but it is common for the Lore Book to be missing from at least one of those locations.

Then again, I recently found two Shalidor's Lore Books in Greenshade for which, respectively, only one location was shown on the Map. Also, a couple of days ago, one of my PCs found a Shalidor's Library book for which no pin was shown on the Map anywhere, and I checked to see whether the filter for unknown Lore Books was selected (it was). (If memory serves, I reported that via the <F1> Feedback feature in-game, but I can't recall the name of the Lore Book; it was not in a delve or a dungeon or associated with a quest.)

Maybe I should have been creating a list of the missing and/or unavailable Eidetic documents that I've encountered. Regardless, ordinarily I have taken the time to make the effort to report each of the missing ones and unavailable ones at least once via the <F1> Feedback feature in-game, with a screenshot attached.

Note: I enable display of the Lore Book symbol on the Compass (perhaps that requires using the Lore Books add-on). Also, I use Fyrakin's Mini Map, which shows the coordinates of the location of the character on the spot where the Lore Book should be, or near the pin which is displayed. When I make a screenshot, the Compass and the Mini-Map are shown.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 26, 2017 11:11PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am in the closed beta :smile:

The entire PTS is under NDA (Morrowind and Base)

It is a great idea to report books you are personally missing in the /bug on Live (and PTS if you are there) and check for the ones you are missing after every update and report again as needed. I know a lot of the books might just be us not finding them. I wish we could get ZoS to confirm if certain books are in-game as we have a few "no location" ones.

I'll make a new spreadsheet to keep the data and when the NDA lifts I can copy it over to our current one.

Options
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently started collect books as well and so far I have found two books that are not available if you don't read them during the quest.

1.)'Torug at the summit: complete translation' is nowhere to be found after completing 'Sorrow's Kiss' in Wrothgar.

2.)'Home's for sale!' Is not available after completing the housing starter quest "A friend in need".
    Options
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    @Benefactor
    Benefactor wrote: »
    2.)'Home's for sale!' Is not available after completing the housing starter quest "A friend in need".

Can be found at the board near the Bag Merchant in Daggerfall, iiirc... think there are also spots for the other factions, but cant remember them.
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone help me with "Homes for Sale!" and "Notice: Pledge Duties"
    My main is AD is that makes any difference
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @VolvoXX

Found the houses for sale where you mentioned!
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Epona222 , @Shadowshire

If you want to see eidetic pins before doing mage guild quest line, you can unlock eidetic memory in lorebooks options, then check eidetic filter in map options. it will show eidetic memory pins.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    For Everyone: the IC bookshelves have a few books that seem specific to them and aren't in the Imperial Library category and the respawn of the bookshelves is annoyingly slow! The list below is of the most rare of these books, I was missing them all before finding out they were only spawning on IC bookshelves.

Introduction to Aedric Studies
    Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult
    The Distributed Soul
    The Year 2920, Vol. 27
    Unhallowed Legion
    Glorious Upheaval

Can anyone else verify that they found The Distributed Soul in the Imperial City bookshelves aswell?
    I have been farming all of the known locations every day for two weeks, and while I got everything else I needed off of them on day 1-4 I haven't been able to get a single account of The Distributed Soul, and this information is the only I have found on it. Some further validation or confirmation would be lovely!
    Edited by Zinaroth on May 3, 2017 9:04PM
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm I found The Distributed Soul in the IC.
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »

Thank you. Got it this morning from one of the two bookshelves near the ghost boss in the EP part of the sewers. I distinctively remember reading about someone else getting it there aswell and as such could expect the book to only show up in bookshelf pool for sewers and not the city itself. However cannot confirm that. Hopefully this comment will prove helpful to someone else.
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Still trying to find pledge duties :(
    Options
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    @OutLaw_Nynx

Notice:Plege Duties can be found at each of the 3 Undaunted Enclaves, its a note pinned there.
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact, Deshaan Enclave 9de697bbc97e48c1a8cbd3365b71ce8f.png

Still trying to find pledge duties :(

Edited by Uzzgrock on May 4, 2017 10:09PM
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll look tonight!! Thank you!
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    thawks wrote: »

Thank you. Got it this morning from one of the two bookshelves near the ghost boss in the EP part of the sewers. I distinctively remember reading about someone else getting it there aswell and as such could expect the book to only show up in bookshelf pool for sewers and not the city itself. However cannot confirm that. Hopefully this comment will prove helpful to someone else.

I'll have a look if there is 2 pools of bookshelves in IC. I got thousands of reports after all.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • Aral_Ebordna
    Aral_Ebordna
    ✭✭
    Thanks @Faiz_Azman - been trying to find the Tome of Daedric Portal.
    Options
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Hello all

2 new books with today's update :

- Letters and Missives >>> Rhea's Letter
    - Personal Journals >>> Tommy Bones's Journal

Quiet easy to find
    Edited by wolf2017 on May 8, 2017 4:58PM
    Regards

WFX
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mix
    Mix wrote: »
    Updated for 2.7.9

If you have trouble finding the following books, please check the spoilers for screenshots:

Letter to Artisan Craftworks: Letters and Missives: ( spoiler deleted by Shadowshire )

Or Else: Daedric Cults: ( spoiler deleted by Shadowshire )

A Death Desired: Final Words: (moved in Update 12): ( spoiler deleted by Shadowshire )

Kalodar's Letter: Final Words: ( spoiler deleted by Shadowshire )

Larellei, Wenayasille, Morilata, Angalayond: Mysteries and Clues: thank you @StrangerFull for the new location and screenshots!
    ( spoilers deleted by Shadowshire )

Missing Citizens: Mysteries and Clues: ( spoiler deleted by Shadowshire )
    None of the "spoiler" screenshots show the name of the zone, or the name of any location (such as a dungeon or delve), in which the Lore Book is located, so they don't have any value for me, at least. Some Lore Book titles seem familiar, but after having "collected" over 2000 of them on each of two PCs, too many of them resemble one another. For what it's worth, I don't recognize any of the associated maps, either, excepting the one for "Missing Citizens" which both of my mains have always found somehow. :neutral:

Last, but not least, I wish there were some easy way to share my in-game reports and screenshots for missing Lore Books, and some which I've found that were announced as Lore Books, but for which no filter pin was shown on the Map. My attached screenshots usually don't include the title of the document, but just show the empty location, the Compass with its symbol, and Fryakin's Mini Map with its coordinates. I add the title of the document to the report which I write, so the ZOS development team member(s) can verify the "bug". For posting in this discussion, perhaps the best way to add the title of the document is to edit the title of the screenshot to include it, which has to be done outside of the game.

Edited by Shadowshire on May 12, 2017 2:54AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm on the eidetic memory trail, and so far today there are two I cannot get, both of which have been mentioned in the past - "House Hlaalu Merchant Camp" is no-where to be found (have found this on a previous char, but its not where its supposed to be), and "Giant Warning".

Edit: KIDNAPPING! is still missing as well.
    Edited by Bonzodog01 on May 11, 2017 3:42PM
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Options
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another one to add - "Memo to Captain Siro" in Crimson Cove is bugged. I can find it, but when I try to click on it to examine it, I just get "The target is out of range". I think its in the floor or something?
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll ask again and hope for an answer.
    Does anyone know where "I count the Nights" is?
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options