Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    uesp got a lot of issues about uesplog because of indices shifting, so take care by checking their website.
    after, for the book.. well, bookshelve detection is 99.99% accurate, but I don't like writing 100%.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muadyb wrote: »
    Homes for Sale -> This one, is only obtain from the quest house (Crown store version, not NPC in bank). After we accept the quest (text), in the "quest items" section from our inventory, a letter will appear (with a strange name ....brochure something...not the correct name), read it, is the Homes for Sale

Crown Store book in Eidetic ? Sad!
    Edited by Ayantir on February 7, 2017 11:35PM
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Homes for Sale -> This one, is only obtain from the quest house (Crown store version, not NPC in bank). After we accept the quest (text), in the "quest items" section from our inventory, a letter will appear (with a strange name ....brochure something...not the correct name), read it, is the Homes for Sale

Crown Store book in Eidetic ? Sad!

It's just the quest pointer, available in the crown store for free.
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Adventurer's Almanac, 1st Edition (New Book) Mournhold x:32,70 y:67,40 and Vulkhel Guard x:67,00 y:59,50
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

God dammit ZOS, weren't you supposed to make MORE book available in the game, not add MORE book that vanish after the quest?? I searched through my inventory several times while doing the new house quest, just to make sure I didn't overlook anything, and then after having FINISHED it it seem like another book just went invisible and became lost.

Come friggin on! Fix this already and make that "homes for sale" available somewhere AFTER the quest.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Carbonised on February 8, 2017 10:00PM
    Options
  • Toraf
    Toraf
    ✭✭✭
    About the Home for Sale page, I got the quest in mournhold and try to read it in my bag (quest item inventory), but nothing happening... probably bugged.
    Edited by Toraf on February 9, 2017 8:55PM
    PC - EU - Pact
    Toraf Lunathi - Grumpy nord dunmer (DK magicka nord dunmer CP750).
    - AR 46.
    - Achiev' 29,585.
    Options
  • Wolffie
    Wolffie
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know the location of both "New Opportunities" and "Note from a Bottle" (Notes and Memos)? They are supposed to be in Pa'alat, Reaper's March, but some of the lodges are quest locked and I haven't been able to find copies anywhere else.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is doing the work of the Divines. Before reading this, I was going nuts trying to find some of these unattainable books on my map (like the infamous Eyes of the Queen Only, or the stuff in Phaer). I had pretty much given up on the Cyrodiil books inside enemy alliance bases, but was searching all over for the rest. Now, if only these things would be fixed/accessible...!
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Location for Captain Black Swords Journal?

If I could even find the text of it, it might lend a clue to its location.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Options
  • BOSTON MUTANT
    BOSTON MUTANT
    Soul Shriven
    Wolffie, I ran through this again on another character, you might want to take in the view from the balcony of the last house in Pa'alat, it is mesmerising! I too was missing a certain message from a certain container
    Options
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    I found Homes for Sale in world. It was tacked to a board in Daggerfall City near the Bag Merchant.
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    I found Homes for Sale in world. It was tacked to a board in Daggerfall City near the Bag Merchant.

I can confirm this is available after you've done the quest. Its on the board opposite to the one that gives the equipment writs. I also located it on a billboard in Davon's Watch to the southeast of the Mara shrine. I looked all over Vulkhel Guard but couldn't find one there.
    Options
  • Wolffie
    Wolffie
    Soul Shriven
    Wolffie, I ran through this again on another character, you might want to take in the view from the balcony of the last house in Pa'alat, it is mesmerising! I too was missing a certain message from a certain container

So many notes on that balcony! Thank you! For anyone who may also be looking for Pa'alat books, they are all located on the northern balcony of the Ren-dro Mansion.
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I need still 11 books with my first Char.

Diaries and Logs:
    Captain Black Sword's Journal
    How much longer?
    Rotten bread and spoiled meat

Notes and Memos:
    Eyes of the Queen only
    Note from Commander Derre
    Plea to Maximus

Research Note's:
    Adainaz's Journal

Tales of Tamriel:
    The Year 2920, Vol.27

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    Introduction to Aedric Studies

Words od the Poets:
    A less rude Song

Wrothgar Writings:
    Torug at the Summit, complete translation
    Edited by Holger30 on August 12, 2017 11:05AM
    Options
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are books that are in dungeons supposed to show up on overland maps?

The Devoted and the Deranged
    Captain Blackhearts Log

According to ESO's Wikia entry ( http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Blackheart's_Log) this book is located within Blackheart Haven, which is a group dungeon in Bankorai.

However I see the book showing on my overland Bankorai map, as if the book is in a open house/shed just by the dock's in evermore.

WpWowai.png
    o_O
    Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kamatsu wrote: »

Captain Blackhearts Log

According to ESO's Wikia entry ( http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Blackheart's_Log) this book is located within Blackheart Haven, which is a group dungeon in Bankorai.

However I see the book showing on my overland Bankorai map, as if the book is in a open house/shed just by the dock's in evermore.
    WpWowai.png

Books that are in dungeons have always appeared on overland maps, but usually it is mentioned in the tooltip if it's from a dungeon.
    So that's why I can't find it! This would explain so much! I have been looking for that damn book for ages! I thought it was from a quest in Evermore since the book appears on the map right beside the ship. Well at least now I know it's not bugged!
    Thanks!

Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on March 6, 2017 9:37AM
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still can not find the following books despite the quest being completed:

"Letter to Sonya" - Located in Eastmarch, Hearts and Flowers.

"Eyes of the Queen only" - Located in the Fighter's guild in Shadowfen, Notes and Momentos.

"Torug at the Summit, complete translation" - Located in Wrothgar, Wrothgar Writtings.

"Healing Herbs of North Tamriel" - Located in Rivenspire, The World and its Creatures part of a quest and could no be found.

Still hunting down Cyrodiil books.
    Edited by ZoM_Head on March 6, 2017 7:46PM
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Books that are in dungeons have always appeared on overland maps, but usually it is mentioned in the tooltip if it's from a dungeon.
    So that's why I can't find it! This would explain so much! I have been looking for that damn book for ages! I thought it was from a quest in Evermore since the book appears on the map right beside the ship. Well at least now I know it's not bugged!
    Thanks!
    Don't worry, I have gone around that building, the dock, etc quite a few times trying to find the book (including swimming & trying to find ways to get on the roof! lol). Tooltip didn't mention any quest or such, so just assumed it was out in the open. Couldn't find it... so finally decided to look it up on wikia, and viola!

Checked and your right, other books located in dungeons mention they are in the dungeon. So guess all that needs to be done here is updating the tooltip.. so poor ppl like us don't loose our hair trying to find a book in a wrong place! lol :D
    o_O
    Options
  • Marelius
    Marelius
    I have a problem finding a book after the Quest "Under Siege" in Rivenspire. The Book "Healing Herbs of Northwest Tamriel" form the "The World and Its Creatures" collection is no where to be found after the quest is ended. Dose any one know if its anywhere or is this one of the ones still lacking a position post-quest?
    Options
  • Funkyloki
    Funkyloki
    Soul Shriven
    Holger30 wrote: »
    I need still 12 books with my first Char.

Diaries and Logs:
    How much longer?
    Rotten bread and spoiled meat

Hew's Bane Bookshelf:
    Arrest Writ

Notes and Memos:
    Eyes of the Queen only
    Plea to Maximus

Research Note's:
    Adainaz's Journal

Tales of Tamriel:
    The Year 2920, Vol.27

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    Introduction to Aedric Studies

Words od the Poets:
    A less rude Song

Wrothgar Writings:
    Torug at the Summit, complete translation

I can confirm I just found The Year 2920, Vol.27 in IC Nobles district on a bookshelf. That wrapped up all IC books for me. I am also at 12 left, all though slightly different from your list.
    Options
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    A little message I had on ESOUI :
    For some reason I don't have access to the official elder scroll online forums (didn't validate my account years ago and now the CS isn't doing anything), so I'm trying to "catch" you here.

Many ppl are looking for books in bookshelves in IC, I was able to find them all.

I followed the guide posted by "Mix" in the "Eidetic Memory Bugs/comments/Help"

As the topic stated, I wanna help by completing that guide, maybe he can read me here, or if not can pass him those informations ?

In IC there are more bookshelves :
    - 8 bookshelves in the "Temple of Rectory" (South-East "Memorial Disctrict")
    - 1 bookshelve in the "Elven Garden Safe House" (Under Flag "Elven Gardens District")

With the guide posted by Mix and those 9 new locations + the bookshelve in the start base, after 4-5 runs, I found all books

Hope it helps

Kind regards

WFX

Hello All

Thank ayantir, for your help.

After years, I finally got my account on eso forums.

Here is my list of unread books, I miss 10 so far, I hope they will fix it soon

Diaries and Logs

Houses, Shops And Trade
    Valyia's Cargo Manifest

Notes and Memos
    Eyes of the Queen Only
    Note from Jeegren
    Plea to Maximinus

Orsinium Archive
    Letter to Baloth Bloodtusk

Research Notes
    Adainaz's Journal

Words of the Poets
    A Less Rude Song

Wrothgar Writings
    Torug at the Smmit, Complete Translation

Regards

WFX
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kamatsu wrote: »

Captain Blackhearts Log

WpWowai.png

It is possible that the zone where is the book is set as being part of Bangkorai and not the dungeon itself. It happens sometimes. This is mainly due to ZOS definition of zones.. after I can change it myselfto improve the database, but I'll need to find it myself at least once.

By the way, if the book is in the dungeon, the pin will appear on the dungeon map. (if there is one). Just open your map frequently to check.
    Edited by Ayantir on March 8, 2017 10:51PM
    Options
  • Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    Blackheart's log is in the dungeon on a barrel next to Captain Blackheart, the final boss. I got it a couple of weeks ago.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA lately. All the new housing stuff was just so exciting I got rather wrapped up in it.

There is a copy of Captain Blackheart's Log on the Bosun's boat in Evermore Harbor. I don't know if it is always there or only shows up after something is completed.

Going to update the main post and get a list of currently bugged books going. I have been reporting Eyes of the Queen Only weekly in-game since I am 100% sure it is bugged:)

Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where "I count the nights" lorebook is? :/
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • Toraf
    Toraf
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I just find "Nirwaen's Diary" in Malabal Tor near Ilayas Ruins, here's the screenshots.

0eea75c10494b52c237bc618c6cbe6.png

00a01a9eab5b4cbc23ffd8f2f997e1.png
    Edited by Toraf on March 13, 2017 4:42PM
    PC - EU - Pact
    Toraf Lunathi - Grumpy nord dunmer (DK magicka nord dunmer CP750).
    - AR 46.
    - Achiev' 29,585.
    Options
  • Daeymon
    Daeymon
    ✭✭
    Lorebooks does not list a location for "Giant Warning" in the "Handbills, Posters, and Decrees" collection and its not listed as bugged in this thread. Could someone clue me in on where this book is?
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Daeymon I think you are looking for the warning sign inside the Lion's Den public dungeon. It should be posted outside either entrance to the "group event" Giant cave.

@Toraf Thank you!
    Edited by Mix on March 19, 2017 3:51PM
    Options
  • Ayame-chan
    Ayame-chan
    ✭✭
    Is there someone from EP who already had found the book "The Year 2920, Vol. 27" ?
    I'm searching for this book since months (Imperial City and the 3 Bookshelfes in the Canalisation-EP-Base) and still didn't found it.
    Hope that someone could help me.
    So viel zu tun und so wenig Zeit.
    Options
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i found it but i dont know where it was. There is no option to show me where this book can be found
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
    Options