Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I moved Adainaz' Journal to the No Location heading.

We've checked Darkshade Caverns II on both normal and veteran difficulty. Recently, I also checked with a character on the dungeon quest "What was lost" and there is still no sign of the book.

From the book text, this book would fit perfectly in the short hallway to the Engine Guardian. There are two skeletons there and one appears to be tied to a root. Also, the debris indicates there was a cave-in at some point.
    I would definitely agree on this, but I'm still stuck with the mystery of how I seem to have found the book without even realizing it. :/

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    someone knows how to get "Letter from a Prison Guard" from Fharun Prison? it seems that i cant go back in through the well nor the door from the keep...maybe it spawned somewhere else?
  • milocricket
    The book "Letter from Camarino" is stuck inside the Phaer Catacombs in Auridon after the quest is completed.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Updated for 2.6.5
    BUGGED BOOKS

Quest
    • Final Words: Final Words: after Q location? used to be in Bruma?
    • Grim Jest: Notes and Memos: Q: The Jester's Joke: antechamber, Castle Rilis, Auridon; no location after Q?
    • Another Grim Jest: Notes and Memos: Q: The Jester's Joke: antechamber, Castle Rilis, Auridon; no location after Q?

Checked first post again and see these books in list. I wrote in one of posts where this books. Grim Jest and Another Grim Jest was available even patch 2.5. Final Words Cyrodiil quest related books. Just go bruma and do daily quests of 2 NPCs, one of quest with this book if I remember correct. Maybe later I do screenshot of this book.

Edited by StrangerFull on November 12, 2016 12:06PM
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't quite narrow down what time books respawn with new ones, but I at least figured out the bigger cycle:

Gold Coast Mages (clockwise from door): [1] The Primate: Finding Faith, [2] The Wolf and the Pirate Queen, [2] The Primate: Finding Faith, [1] Dibella's Mysteries and Revelations
    10:02pm EST 11/4 Old Lore [1] Old Lore [2]
    5:53am EST 11/5 New Lore [1] Old Lore [2]
    1:05am EST 11/6 New Lore [1] Old Lore [2]
    12:51am EST 11/7 New Lore [1] New Lore [2]
    12:02am EST 11/8 New Lore [1] New Lore [2]
    12:07am EST 11/9 New Lore [1] New Lore [2]
    7:09am EST 11/10 Newer Lore [1] New Lore [2]
    8:09am EST 11/11 Newer Lore [1] New Lore [2]
    10:42am EST 11/12 Newer Lore [1] Newer Lore [2]

As you can see, there are multiple bookshelf timers. It seems like there are five five-day timers, which means that the optimal amount of time to wait before re-checking an area for new books is five days.
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    @Mix

Hey Mix, I was wondering that maybe Adainaz' Journal might be in the same situation as Note from Commander Derre. Previously had a quest attached to it and then later removed the book from said quest making it unavailable. It's just a thought considering some people have the said books and others not.

Might need to see if we can get @ZOS_RichLambert to confirm it considering no one has been able to find it thus far.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Can't find Final Words again for screenshot =(
    Can confirm Practical Necromancy not only available during quest, book available in bookshelves. I found it in bank of Mournhold.
    3059/3087 books. 14 left. And 14 skinchanrer books. 1 book from IC Bookshelves. So 13 not founded or/and bugged.
    Edited by StrangerFull on November 13, 2016 2:02AM
  • jackhburgess
    jackhburgess
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if this had been brought up, but Enak-do's Ledger and Distribution Notes can be found in Kalari's House in S'ren-ja. If you go upstairs there is a wardrobe that actually leads into a secret room. There are bookshelves on either side of the door leading back out which have the lorebooks on them.
  • EllaRielle
    EllaRielle
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I looked through all the posts and didn't see any mention.

I'm missing the lore book Letter to Exarch Braadoth (Craglorn Secrets). It was in the throne room in Exarch's Stronghold, and since completing the quest, it's inaccessible. Anyone know if it spawns elsewhere now? Or, is it forever lost and will eat at me forever?
    Guilds:
    ESOTR
    Wings of Fate
    Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Ethereal Traders Union
    Heroic Intent
    Haderus/Trueflame on NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EllaRielle wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I looked through all the posts and didn't see any mention.

I'm missing the lore book Letter to Exarch Braadoth (Craglorn Secrets). It was in the throne room in Exarch's Stronghold, and since completing the quest, it's inaccessible. Anyone know if it spawns elsewhere now? Or, is it forever lost and will eat at me forever?

Unless I'm mistaken, it's a daily quest ? Which means, repeatable ... Not 100% sure though.
  • EllaRielle
    EllaRielle
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, it's not a repeatable. It's the Little Leaf quest for the Upper Craglorn story chain. There is a repeatable that takes place in the same delve, but not one that reopens the throne room. :-(
    Guilds:
    ESOTR
    Wings of Fate
    Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Ethereal Traders Union
    Heroic Intent
    Haderus/Trueflame on NA
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    @EllaRielle

You can actually group up with someone who has the quest and can then access it. I had to do this before Craglorn revamped XD
  • jackhburgess
    jackhburgess
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having trouble with The Fires of Truth from Rituals and Revelations. Lorebooks addon shows it in two locations at Torinaan in Auridon. One of them is inside the QA so inaccessible and the other spot I can see the glowing page there on the ground but it's not interactable. Anyone know if there is another location or a fix for this?
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having trouble with The Fires of Truth from Rituals and Revelations. Lorebooks addon shows it in two locations at Torinaan in Auridon. One of them is inside the QA so inaccessible and the other spot I can see the glowing page there on the ground but it's not interactable. Anyone know if there is another location or a fix for this?

You need to ask a friend who is doing the quest to let you enter in the dungeon, it works.
    The other non interactable book is buggy since.. forever (it only works when you are currently doing quest).
    Edited by Ayantir on November 17, 2016 4:20AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »

You need to ask a friend who is doing the quest to let you enter in the dungeon, it works.
    The other non interactable book is buggy since.. forever (it only works when you are currently doing quest).

Bleh. I got caught by that same one today. Time to poke my friends list.
    Edited by Seri on November 17, 2016 9:56AM
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, can someone please give me some info regarding Healing Herbs of Northwest Tamriel from The World and Its Creatures? I'm at its exact location but there is no book/page there and I cant seem to find anything regarding it :(
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Request: Merge all three copies of A Plea for the Elder Scrolls into one.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm finishing Lorebooks DB and I have few things :

Memo to Captain Siro : Is located in Crimson Cove (Malabal Tor public dungeon) on a table in the skyshard room. but the book cannot be read, it don't glow and return message show "Target is too far".

Plea to Maximinus: Should be in Cyrodiil. There an other book signed by "Maximinus". It's "An Irate employer". This book mentions that worker should deliver wood to a City. I still have to check Cyro towns.

Tome of the Undaunted : This book is replaced by Tome of the Undaunted (signed) once quest to Take Undaunted Quest has been done. And this book is only available while doing this little quest.

A Less Rude Song : Unknown.

Captain Black Sword's Journal : Unknown.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Memo to Captain Siro : Is located in Crimson Cove (Malabal Tor public dungeon) on a table in the skyshard room. but the book cannot be read, it don't glow and return message show "Target is too far".

While it definitely needs to be fixed, IIRC it is actually interactable. You just have to stand in the *exact* right spot.
  • Daeymon
    Daeymon
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »

While it definitely needs to be fixed, IIRC it is actually interactable. You just have to stand in the *exact* right spot.

What is the spot exactly? Got any coords or a screenshot? Would love to get that one.
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    @Daeymon

I'm sorry, but I don't remember. I picked it up months ago. :neutral:
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I've been checking Imperial City bookshelves for weeks, and I still haven't seen these two:

Tales of Tamriel: The Year 2920, Vol. 27

The World and Its Creatures: Unhallowed Legions

Is it possible they only spawn in the Sewers, or maybe inside of Imperial City dungeons?
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Double posted somehow.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 21, 2016 1:27AM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Letter to Lady Sulima in Hew's Bane. Can't access the mansion anymore after doing the TG quests.
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »

I found both of these in the Imperial City itself. It's pure RNG. :disappointed:

Still looking for Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult and Shezarr and the Divines.
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    Oldbushie wrote: »

I found both of these in the Imperial City itself. It's pure RNG. :disappointed:

Still looking for Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult and Shezarr and the Divines.

Yeah, I've seen those many many times in the Imperial City. Guess I'll just keep checking every 5 days then. Thanks for confirming. :)
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭

A little message I had on ESOUI :
    For some reason I don't have access to the official elder scroll online forums (didn't validate my account years ago and now the CS isn't doing anything), so I'm trying to "catch" you here.

Many ppl are looking for books in bookshelves in IC, I was able to find them all.

I followed the guide posted by "Mix" in the "Eidetic Memory Bugs/comments/Help"

As the topic stated, I wanna help by completing that guide, maybe he can read me here, or if not can pass him those informations ?

In IC there are more bookshelves :
    - 8 bookshelves in the "Temple of Rectory" (South-East "Memorial Disctrict")
    - 1 bookshelve in the "Elven Garden Safe House" (Under Flag "Elven Gardens District")

With the guide posted by Mix and those 9 new locations + the bookshelve in the start base, after 4-5 runs, I found all books

Hope it helps

Kind regards

WFX
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and :

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please reduce the timer of random generation of Imperial City bookshelves.

It is actually 3/8 days and for collectionners it's really a huge issue.
    Please set it as same timers than others zones.

Thank you.

--

If you collect books, you can /bug too.

7ace7fc676b71b048cbd2a1e38785396.png
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and :

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please reduce the timer of random generation of Imperial City bookshelves.

It is actually 3/8 days and for collectionners it's really a huge issue.
    Please set it as same timers than others zones.

Thank you.

--

If you collect books, you can /bug too.

7ace7fc676b71b048cbd2a1e38785396.png

Yeah, if you check one of my previous posts, there's 5 5-day timers a bookshelf could be aligned with. So, for instance:
    Day 1: Bookshelves 1+2 respawn
    Day 2: Bookshelves 3,4,5 respawn
    Day 3: Bookshelves 6+7 respawn
    Day 4: Bookshelves 8,9,10 respawn
    Day 5: Bookshelves 11+12 respawn
    Day 6: Repeat

It took me a month to figure that cycle out. I definitely agree that having 5 5-day timers is overkill, and I would be happier with shorter timers. But at least now I know to only check bookshelves every 5 days.

Definitely nice to hear about more bookshelves that got missed; I'll have to check for those.

Edit: Also, the Temple Rectory is in the SE end of the Temple district, not the Memorial district. There's bookshelves on top of each other.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 24, 2016 9:17PM
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are the last books that I have remaining as unread:
    Smuggler's Note (Criminal Correspondence) Found!
    Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult (Daedric Cults) A randomly spawned book in IC bookshelves?
    Captain Black Sword's Journal (Diaries and Logs)
    How Much Longer? (Diaries and Logs) Locked behind a door in Reaper's March.
    Nirwaen's Diary (Diaries and Logs) Entrance to Stormwarden Undercroft in Malabal Tor seems to be locked.
    Rotten Bread and Spoiled Meat (Diaries and Logs) Locked behind a door in Reaper's March.
    Arrest Writ (Hew's Bane Bookshelf)
    Eyes of the Queen Only (Notes and Memos) There is no book in the described location in Fighters Guild in Shadowfen.
    Plea to Maximinus (Notes and Memos)
    Shezarr and the Divines (The Devoted and the Deranged) A randomly spawned book in Cyrodiil and/or Goldcoast?
    Heart to Valenwood (The World and Its Creatures) There is no book in the described location in Greenshade
    A Less Rude Song (Words of the Poets)
    Uela's Song (Words of the Poets) There is no book in the described location in Bangkorai. Found!
    Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation (Wrothgar Writings) There is a differently named book in the described location in Wrothgar.
    Vosh Rakh Orders (Wrothgar Writings) There is no book in the described location in Wrothgar.
    Edited by Katinas on November 26, 2016 7:14PM