Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware there is no book with that name in the game. Are you perhaps thinking of The Hanging Gardens? In that case it can be found randomly in bookshelves. Here's a list of a few areas where it can be found.
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw @Mix , the Temple Rectory is southeast of Temple District (at least that's how I accessed it) and not Memorial District :).

Options
  • Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware there is no book with that name in the game. Are you perhaps thinking of The Hanging Gardens? In that case it can be found randomly in bookshelves. Here's a list of a few areas where it can be found.

Durr. Yes, it's The Hanging Gardens. Thanks for the info. Now that I know that the marker in the addon is an error I won't beat my head against the wall looking for it.
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In French, as far as I am aware, the Hollowjack Motif, the Grim Arlequin Motif and the Stahlrim Frostcaster Motif can't be read from the eidetic memory (even though I can craft them all).

Also, could you please put the hireling's letters into Eidetic Memory?
    Edited by VerboseQuips on December 19, 2016 11:24AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In French, as far as I am aware, the Hollowjack Motif, the Grim Arlequin Motif and the Stahlrim Frostcaster Motif can't be read from the eidetic memory (even though I can craft them all).

I don't think the Grim Harlequin nor the Stahlrim Frostcaster motif is in the Eidetic Memory, since they are crown store exclusive.
    Hollowjack might just be a bug and will be introduced in the future. I expect as much.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »

I don't think the Grim Harlequin nor the Stahlrim Frostcaster motif is in the Eidetic Memory, since they are crown store exclusive.
    Hollowjack might just be a bug and will be introduced in the future. I expect as much.

Maybe they are Crown Exclusives, but there are books associated to them. I wish we'd be able to read them again later if we bought them...
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No crown exclusive content into Eidetic please.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    No crown exclusive content into Eidetic please.

I understand your position... If it comes to completion, crown store stuff should NOT be included. But if we consider Eidetic as a mere utility to read the books later at our fireplace, then it SHOULD be included.
    Solution would be to make two separate sections in eidetic. One for ingame books, the other for crown store "books".

Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Motifs should be kept separate from the Eidetic Memory library anyway.
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have so many different motifs I feel like they should make a seperate list somewhere, or at least a meta-category
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Options
  • Thundertalon
    Thundertalon
    ✭✭
    Thanks to all who have kept track of the books. I'm using the Lorebooks addon with Eidetic Memory locations enabled, but I have some books that I just can't find. Anyone know where these might be?
    • From Jofnir to Merric - pin is at Deshaan Fighters Guild, but can't find. Finished all FG quests though. Wiki says it's at the Earth Forge, but I didn't see it there
    • Orders to Halskar - pin at Morvunskar Barracks. Finished quests, but guards physically block the entrance. Can't find anywhere
    • How Long Before the Echoes Fade? - finished all main quests, can't find in Harborage
    • Azara's Note - I think I've done all the Cyrodiil quests and I can't find any more quest pins, so I'm not sure why I can't get. Pin says it's at Vlastarus, but I would imagine it's also in Mist Morrow Vale. I've looked throughout Vlastarus and Mist Morrow Vale, and it's not there
    • the various Paragon's Remembrance books - did quests already. Went back to look, couldn't find any
    • On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 1 and Chapter XII: The Graverobber of the Imperial City - pins show locations in the southwest districts of IC, but can't find there. Are these only found in IC random bookshelves? edit: thanks to thawks, these are in sewers (missed them before, the pins do display when you're in the sewers)
    Edited by Thundertalon on December 22, 2016 7:56AM
    Pact: DK dps & magblade; DC: magplar, PC NA
    Looking to do group quests (Craglorn, IC, dungeons, etc) - just let me know
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    • On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 1 and Chapter XII: The Graverobber of the Imperial City - pins show locations in the southwest districts of IC, but can't find there. Are these only found in IC random bookshelves?

I believe these two are found in the Imperial City Sewers.
    Edited by thawks on December 22, 2016 6:10AM
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    -oops-
    Edited by thawks on December 22, 2016 6:10AM
    Options
  • Thundertalon
    Thundertalon
    ✭✭
    EllaRielle wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I looked through all the posts and didn't see any mention.

I'm missing the lore book Letter to Exarch Braadoth (Craglorn Secrets). It was in the throne room in Exarch's Stronghold, and since completing the quest, it's inaccessible. Anyone know if it spawns elsewhere now? Or, is it forever lost and will eat at me forever?

Unless I'm mistaken, it's a daily quest ? Which means, repeatable ... Not 100% sure though.

The room it's in (Exarch Braadoth's Throne Room) is locked after the quest, which isn't repeatable as it's a story quest. Just tried today
    Pact: DK dps & magblade; DC: magplar, PC NA
    Looking to do group quests (Craglorn, IC, dungeons, etc) - just let me know
    Options
  • Jylly
    Jylly
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who have kept track of the books. I'm using the Lorebooks addon with Eidetic Memory locations enabled, but I have some books that I just can't find. Anyone know where these might be?
    • From Jofnir to Merric - pin is at Deshaan Fighters Guild, but can't find. Finished all FG quests though. Wiki says it's at the Earth Forge, but I didn't see it there

there are 2 books one above the other on the right chair ( i hope you can understand , my englisch is very bad sry)
    Options
  • Niraeyas
    Niraeyas
    ✭✭
    Very useful thread, thank you all for the help! I'm having trouble with "Heirloom Vase", which is suppose to be in Tall Trunk Tavern in Vulkwasten, but is not there for me. It does not show up on Lorebooks in that location either. Does anyone know anything about this?

EDIT: Never mind, there was a quest in Tomb of the Apostates that I was missing, the book has now appeared!
    Edited by Niraeyas on December 27, 2016 1:10PM
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I search with my second Char the book "Tome of the Undaunted".
    The signed Version I have found near the Undaunted Enclave at Mournhold, Wayrest and Eldenroot.
    Options
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    Don't kill me if I'm repeating this question: Does anybody have a map or know of bookshelf locations in IC? I've only found a handful that aren't empty.
    Options
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    OtisMiller wrote: »
    Don't kill me if I'm repeating this question: Does anybody have a map or know of bookshelf locations in IC? I've only found a handful that aren't empty.

Just check the first post, there you will find "Imperial City Bookshelf Guide" with locations and a route...
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    The signed Version I have found near the Undaunted Enclave at Mournhold, Wayrest and Eldenroot.

This book can only be found while doing the quest which unlocks you undaunted quests (at level 45). Once done, the book is replaced by the signed version, because your char signed it (that's the goal of the quest ..).
    Edited by Ayantir on December 31, 2016 6:33AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, where exactly is On the Tel Var Stones Volume III? I cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE! I've searched high and low, sweeped all the sewers, all of the city, nothing!

I hope someone can tell me where it is :S
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
    Options
  • Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, where exactly is On the Tel Var Stones Volume III? I cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE! I've searched high and low, sweeped all the sewers, all of the city, nothing!

I hope someone can tell me where it is :S

I find this book here :
    3144jyr.jpg
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The letter: "A Plea for Help" in the Wrothgar Writings is not obtainable after the main quest sends you to The Temple of Ire's Library.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mix , more inaccessible books are now being placed at convenient spots. Unfortunately, the PTS will be tomorrow instead. But here's to all of us looking for a few more book fixes!!
    Options
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where "Bravil, Part 2" is now located? It's telling me with the Lorebooks add-on that it's on the second table on the left on the bottom floor of the Wayrest Mages guild but I can't see an interactable book.

I've also looked at where it seems to previously be - down the bottom of Deshaan slightly SW of Mournhold next to the small encampment by the dam marking the zone boundary with no luck.

Can anyone help?
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Hi @Mix , more inaccessible books are now being placed at convenient spots. Unfortunately, the PTS will be tomorrow instead. But here's to all of us looking for a few more book fixes!!

Just because its in the patch notes doesn't mean its true, unfortunately. In fact, I went around to check on some of the books I'm missing on live due to bugs and the only one I could find was Heart of Valenwood.
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having trouble getting lucky with The Year 2920, Vol: 11 from the Imperial City route.
    Have anyone found it somewhere more easily accessible?

Achievement hunter:

Options
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind some help with "Who Asked Them Here? - Final Words".

It is found in Arenthia, Reaper's March during the quest The Colovian Occupation.
    The entrance to the tower district is blocked off after you have completed the quest.
    This you can bypass by grouping with someone that has not completed the quest yet.
    But then once inside the district the book is located in, it does not allow you to enter the houses.
    Making it even more impossible to get the book inside.

Thanks!
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All,

I am trying to check our list on the PTS 2.7 to see what is fixed (and what isn't). I am having some difficulty due to a new feature they added, books no longer glow once you have read them - it is a good feature for players but it is a bit of a pain when looking for books you already read!

It will probably take me awhile to check them all. Hang tight;)

Options
  • Niraeyas
    Niraeyas
    ✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Holger30 wrote: »

This book can only be found while doing the quest which unlocks you undaunted quests (at level 45). Once done, the book is replaced by the signed version, because your char signed it (that's the goal of the quest ..).

I have "Tome of the Undaunted" missing, and have read the signed version, this must be a bug? The signed version is also just entitled "Tome of the Undaunted", which is strange.
    Options