Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The books is the reward of the vampire quest. I don't remember if it's given on the quest panel as reward or pushed silently in your book, but it's really at the very end of vampire quest.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS:

I've enabled miner on NA, if you're NA and want to help.. activate the lorebook miner, thank you.. ^^
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    They sneak it into your inventory. Once you read it, it becomes account bound and can be shared with other chars via the bank.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Faiz_Azman wrote: »
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    Any updates on "Tome of Daedric Portals"?
    @AJTC5000 I found the book inside Eldrald Undercroft in Rivenspire. On a table just to the left as you enter the circular room with the daedric portal thingy.

Where enter to this dungeon? I can't find this location.
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    An easy book to find that I guess only very few have because it had been added recently is on your undaunted base camp. I let you find it. :)
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    The book "KIDNAPPING!" seems to be affected by a phasing bug of some sort. On my main char, I can't find it any where in the tavern in Sentinel but if I switch to a character that's never done any quests on that map, its right there where you'd expect it to be.

"Shipyards Workers, Take Warning!" over in Tava's Blessing is also seems to be phase bugged but thankfully I got it on the character I care the most about.
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faiz_Azman wrote: »
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    Any updates on "Tome of Daedric Portals"?
    @AJTC5000 I found the book inside Eldrald Undercroft in Rivenspire. On a table just to the left as you enter the circular room with the daedric portal thingy.

Where enter to this dungeon? I can't find this location.

Look for a place in Rivenspire called Eldrald Manor (sort of north East but not as far as Northpoint). Once inside head for the basement of the manor and there is a hatch leading to a room with an Oblivion Gate in it. On a nearby table in this room is the book.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    "No Reason To Worry" - part of Criminal Correspondence. Lorebooks says it's located inside Hazak's Lair on Khenarthi's Roost, but this area becomes inaccessible once the quest has been completed and I have found no known location of the book near the quest giver - who also disappears once the quest has been completed.

Update: I managed to get inside by grouping with a local player who was doing the quest, and can confirm the book is inside on a table, but the point stands that this book needs a copy outside of the dungeon.

@Mix
    Edited by AJTC5000 on October 28, 2016 9:35AM
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
    Options
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what governs the respawn of bookshelves? It seems to be tied to instance but it's really hard to force a jump to a different instance lately. Even if I leave a zone, go to another zone for 24 hours, and come back to the first zone, it'll often still have the same exact books on the shelves.
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    I found "Star Teeth, Volume 1" in Crypt of Hearts II at 76.6x20.9.

Screenshot

Oldbushie wrote: »
    Does anyone know what governs the respawn of bookshelves? It seems to be tied to instance but it's really hard to force a jump to a different instance lately. Even if I leave a zone, go to another zone for 24 hours, and come back to the first zone, it'll often still have the same exact books on the shelves.
    Books seem to spawn independent of your character as I've seen them give the same books on different characters. Some will rotate every day while others will rotate every couple of days.
    Options
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »
    I found "Star Teeth, Volume 1" in Crypt of Hearts II at 76.6x20.9.

Screenshot

Books seem to spawn independent of your character as I've seen them give the same books on different characters. Some will rotate every day while others will rotate every couple of days.

Interesting to know, thanks! Definitely seems like they made instance generation super conservative, though at least the group-based Craglorn delves are good for forcing fast generation. Too bad those bookshelves don't have region-specific books.

Also, I need some books that are only found on Cyrodiil bookshelves. Any leads on that? Imperial City bookshelves have a different random pool.

Edit: Maybe not, I've managed to find one that was just marked as Cyrodiil inside the Imperial City base.
    Edited by Oldbushie on October 28, 2016 12:23PM
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've completed DC territory and Coldharbour, and am starting AD territory. Ran into the problem with the two books "Letter from Lenwe" and "Letter from Camarino" inside the Phaer catacombs - already on the bugged list. What's funny is there's two books outside already which are also inside the catacombs, with spaces between them - ZOS must have just forgot the other two. I've sent a ticket as well.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, 24 new posts!

@AJTC5000 I think that ZoS only fixed books we reported in most cases, and while two books from Phaer Catacombs were reported the other two were not...

@Oldbushie I have started a study on bookshelves and respawns, but some zones seem to respawn very slowly. I would also like to group the bookshelf books by zone or w/e if there is a trend to help us narrow down the searches for ones we may be missing, I ran into 'Knowing Satakal' on a bookshelf in Coldharbour - hoping to find that Coldharbour has these IC bookshelf books that aren't in the Imperial Library section and that it is just a huge book pool and slow respawns that have caused us to miss them there.

@Ayantir oooo time to go read some books!

@StrangerFull I am updating the first post with bugged books, although the first post is getting quite long and I have put the bugged ones farther down the page and information about finding books at the top of the post. I do keep the google spreadsheet for my personal sanity in keeping track of things and linked it if people prefer to look at that rather than scroll through the post.

@StrangerFull "Gift of Arson" I will check on this book again, previously I have had phasing issues with it. "Quartermaster's Log" we need a more specific location to help direct the seeking players, and if the book can be found on normal and veteran.

@Sounomi That is excellent, were you on the dungeon quest at the time? I ask because on a pedestal is a pretty obvious location for people to miss finding it, but it might not be there once the quest is done:(
    Options
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix These are the general bookshelf spawn pools I've observed from using the LoreBooks addon:

Zones 0-1 (all starter zones, and the first zones of each alliance)
    Zone 2 (second zones of each alliance)
    Zone 3 (third zones of each alliance)
    Zone 4 (fourth zones of each alliance)
    Zone 5 (fifth zones of each alliance)

DLC-specific zones
    Imperial City exclusive books
    Cyrodiil (these books can also be found in Imperial City)
    Books that can be found on any Tamriel bookshelf

Group-instanced places like pledge dungeons and the group dailies in Craglorn are great because the books respawn 15 minutes after leaving said instance. Unfortunately that only really helps with books that are findable in all of Tamriel or Craglorn in the case of Craglorn.

Great places for finding books on bookshelves:
    Craglorn: Seeker's Archive and Fearfangs
    Zone 3: Shadowfen - Gandranen Ruins
    Zone 5: Bangkorai - Halcyon Lake
    Tamriel: Coldharbour - Library of Dusk, Aba-Loria

A great site for finding potential higher spawn chances for bookshelves, as well as individual book locations:
    http://esolog.uesp.net/viewlog.php

Also, thank you @Mix for the great maps of Imperial City bookshelves. :D I managed to get about 5 new books that way. I still have 4 more Cyrodiil shelf books to get.
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing some reorganization to the Lorebooks DB, I've already added few things to report me books and have an ingame tool helping everyone.

First, the flag "Book in dungeon", because sometimes book is in a tiny dungeon without map and you need to search the entrance a bit further. This one will be improved later with a dropdown which will let you choose the dungeon name.

Then, the flag "Book belong to a quest", because a lot of books are still linked to a quest.

I'll maybe add "This book can be accessed with the help of a groupmate doing the quest" later too I think.

I'm not fan of adding a flag "Book cannot be found after quest completion" because for me each book in that case should have its equivalent somewhere else.

Then, I'll maybe add IC Bookshelves locations too, but I'm not fan of adding them in Lorebooks, maybe it'll be in Destinations.

PS: Our challenger to Eidetic completion seems to be at 3063 books.
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After collecting the missing motif books I am missing 10 bugged and/or not found books. I hope we can manage to find them someday and fix the remaining.
    Edited by BlackEar on October 30, 2016 3:34PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @Sounomi That is excellent, were you on the dungeon quest at the time? I ask because on a pedestal is a pretty obvious location for people to miss finding it, but it might not be there once the quest is done:(
    Its after the quest was complete. I completed it on that character many months ago. My guess is that its missed because you really don't have much much reason to go over there normally.

Also want to note that with the books called "A Request for Relief," in the Lore Books add-on the Crafting Books version of it is marked as from bookshelves in some of the alliance zones but that's actually the Skill Books version. I finally found the Crafting Books version in The Seeker's Archieve today. I've tried running around to other places in Craglorn for it for a week or so now but so far I've only found it in there. I made sure to have the data collecting option on in the add-on when going through there, so hopefully Ayantir will get it for their add-on.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oldbushie I really like the Library of Dusk in Coldharbour, my guess is that Coldharbour may have the full "library" of books available for bookshelf spawn since it is the final original game zone.

I am currently looking into bookshelf respawning. Pre-Update 12 I could go into the Davon's Watch Mages' Guild, read all the shelves (mark down which books), relog, and the shelves would be different, I could do this over and over with a simple relog. This is NOT how it is working now. Perhaps it was never supposed to reset so fast, perhaps it isn't resetting properly right now, I don't know.

So far, I have identified 2 "Sets" of bookshelves for the Davon's Watch Mages' Guild. The shelves are not changing independently of each other, it is either one list of books or the other. It doesn't seem character specific and my current hypothesis is that you have a 50:50 chance of either set on login. I do need more data, to see if there are more sets, if the sets change when the server maintenance is done and so on. This is a static town location too, the Library of Dusk (delve) behaves differently.

I chose Davon's Watch because it was the simplest to get all 8 of my characters too for testing by character, I know the overall book pool isn't that great in the "1st" zones.

@Ayantir is that the person with the greatest number of books read? 3063? Does your addon report that to you?

@Sounomi I never noticed there were two versions of that book! And they seem to have the exact same content, really don't need them both in there...
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    "An Ancient Scroll" - this lorebook's location is actually the location of "Dragon Skull Parchment" - both in Hall of the Dead.

"Missing Citizens" - this lorebook's location is actually the location of "An Ancient Scroll". Ancient Scroll is in Hall of the Dead, Missing Citizens is in Dawnbreak, Auridon.

This was originally a post about how I couldn't find "An Ancient Scroll" but I found it :D
    Edited by AJTC5000 on October 30, 2016 9:27PM
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at 3065 books and I ran out of books to find. There are 4 books I cannot get due to being quest-related (and not being fixed yet), Then there's Note from Commander Derre which seems to no longer exist. Finally 3 books which have not been discovered yet (though their existance isn't confirmed either).

All that remains are the 14 Skinchanger motif chapters that aren't available yet.

P.S. While checking my missing books I suddenly noticed I now had Adainaz' Journal: Research Notes even thought I definitely didn't have it before this update. I do remember searching for it in both Darkshade Caverns dungeons but I dont recall actually finding it there. Edit: Ok, just checked PTS and I have it unlocked there as well, which definitely wasn't when it first got on PTS and I never searched for it there, like, anywhere. I guess it is auto-unlocked now when you've done the quest perhaps?
    Edited by Kyoma on October 30, 2016 11:51PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kyoma Have you read "A Less Rude Song", "Plea to Maximinus", "Captain Black Sword's Journal"?

"Adainaz's Journal" is still marked unread in my book and I have done all the quests, I should definitely investigate whether it is tied to a quest in DSC more closely.

I am only missing the 5 books (the 4 above) and the bugged "Eyes of the Queen Only". Still hunting for 7 of the Draugr motif chapters too.
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @Kyoma Have you read "A Less Rude Song", "Plea to Maximinus", "Captain Black Sword's Journal"?

"Adainaz's Journal" is still marked unread in my book and I have done all the quests, I should definitely investigate whether it is tied to a quest in DSC more closely.

I am only missing the 5 books (the 4 above) and the bugged "Eyes of the Queen Only". Still hunting for 7 of the Draugr motif chapters too.
    No, those three are the "Finally 3 books which have not been discovered yet (though their existance isn't confirmed either)."

As for Adainaz's Journal, I'm not sure what is going on but I'm 1000% sure I did not have it before this update or when I first checked pts with my (EU) copied character. And I really can't remember picking it up anywhere. :/ Edit: Btw, I didn't nessesarily mean it would autounlock when the quest was done, I thought it might get unlocked when you clear the dungeon post-update or something. Just a wild guess as I too find it a bit of a stretch. ;)
    Edited by Kyoma on October 31, 2016 1:10AM
    Options
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    No, those three are the "Finally 3 books which have not been discovered yet (though their existance isn't confirmed either)."

As for Adainaz's Journal, I'm not sure what is going on but I'm 1000% sure I did not have it before this update or when I first checked pts with my (EU) copied character. And I really can't remember picking it up anywhere. :/ Edit: Btw, I didn't nessesarily mean it would autounlock when the quest was done, I thought it might get unlocked when you clear the dungeon post-update or something. Just a wild guess as I too find it a bit of a stretch. ;)
    I cleared Darkshade Caverns the other day, and it didn't autounlock for me, so it must be something else...

Also, of my RNG bookshelf books, I'm down to three. :D All Cyrodiil ones:
    The Year 2920, Vol. 27
    Introduction to Aedric Studies
    Unhallowed Legions

Should just be a matter of time at this point. I'm still mad they have some lore locked behind scroll gates, though, because the scroll gates are almost never open for long.
    Edited by Oldbushie on October 31, 2016 2:46AM
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭

I cleared Darkshade Caverns the other day, and it didn't autounlock for me, so it must be something else...

Also, of my RNG bookshelf books, I'm down to three. :D All Cyrodiil ones:
    The Year 2920, Vol. 27
    Introduction to Aedric Studies
    Unhallowed Legions

Should just be a matter of time at this point. I'm still mad they have some lore locked behind scroll gates, though, because the scroll gates are almost never open for long.

This is true, but once they are open, they are possible to get solo. Initially I believed that the temple guards respawned too fast for you to go in there and grab the necessary books, but I tried recently and found that it was solo-able (presumably I killed them fast enough). Failing that, bring a friend and have them break stealth first ;)
    Edited by AJTC5000 on October 31, 2016 11:42AM
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭

Yea I did it on my templar and nothing so that was a silly idea. :# Still no idea what did give me the book, I'm starting to doubt if I was wrong in the first place or if I simply forgot finding it somewhere.

Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    "A Smuggler's Plan" - part of Criminal Correspondence and found inside the Aquifer in Haven, a location which becomes locked once Haven is complete. Is there any post-quest location of this book?

@Mix
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Dominion Condolences" - part of Military Orders and Reports. I think one of the upcoming houses replaced the house that this book was in - anyone seen it in a different location?

@Mix
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Dominion Condolences" - part of Military Orders and Reports. I think one of the upcoming houses replaced the house that this book was in - anyone seen it in a different location?

@Mix
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone help me understand how bookshelves and zones work with each other? I believe your faction and starter zones have a certain range of books in their bookshelves, which mostly consists of skill books. I can't seem to find The Year 2920: Vol 11 in any bookshelf. Am I looking in the wrong zone? I am playing on EP.
    UESP Log lists numerous locations because it is found on bookshelves but where is the highest probability - or even just where it is actually part of the "loot table".
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options