Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Shardmarshal's journal is in baragon's house in skingrad second floor back of the stairwell.

i complete lost :D Where in Skingrad was his House? XD

Got it :) Thank you :)

Please can you help me? where is this house? I've found Beragon's Townhouse, but no books found in there...
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on June 15, 2024 2:14AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    I wonder why you haven't fixed ALL the buggy lorebooks for so many years instead of fixing them a few at a time!!

:(

Because there's no magic "fix all lorebooks" button... It's not like they all are bugged in same way and due to the same background issue that can be fixed and they will all suddenly work ok.

Sorry, but respectfully, I disagree. Of course there is no magic button... but it doesn't take that long for a developer to fix a buggy book. It would be enough for one person to be entrusted with the task of fixing all the books that have been buggy for so many years! The list of these books is now known to everyone. It would be a few hours' work. But of course if lorebooks are never considered a priority... obviously it's a job that is never done by anyone. I wonder what's the point of continuing to produce buggy lorebooks without fixing the previous ones.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shardmarshal's journal is in baragon's house in skingrad second floor back of the stairwell.

Please can you help me? where is this house? I've found Beragon's Townhouse, but no books found in there...

Sure. No Problem :)

Look here:

7pa654f.png

Hope its helps you :)
    Options
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I found Gleaner Claim in Fargrave Outer Ruins, (zone story) quest "The Untraveled Road" - close to entrance 17,36 x 45,23
    I haven't found any way to get back here after the quest is over. Has anyone else?

right now i can port there to a guild member
    Options
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    i am missing the following books on my main:

Lore and Culture:

All Our Perfect Forms

Summerset Scrolls:

Lirendel's Family Shrine (= Post-Quest-Location)
    Naliara's Notes, Day 2 (= Post-Quest-Location)
    Naliara's Notes, Day 8 (= Post-Quest-Location)

West Weald Writings:

Dabienne's Note
    Good Luck on the Gold Road
    Letter from Aradros
    Letter from Nothelas
    Warning Bulletin!
    Y'ffre's Hymn

any idea? :)
    Options
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    So close.

I am at 6105/6134. (PS5 without Gold Road dropping yet)

28 of my 29 missing are the 2 motifs that have not dropped yet (124 & 125)

The only other book I need is "All Our Perfect Forms"

I have been playing since Play Station launce and never had them all.
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am missing the following books on my main:

Lore and Culture:

All Our Perfect Forms

Summerset Scrolls:

Lirendel's Family Shrine (= Post-Quest-Location)
    Naliara's Notes, Day 2 (= Post-Quest-Location)
    Naliara's Notes, Day 8 (= Post-Quest-Location)

West Weald Writings:

Dabienne's Note
    Good Luck on the Gold Road
    Letter from Aradros
    Letter from Nothelas
    Warning Bulletin!
    Y'ffre's Hymn

any idea? :)

Warning bulletin is from the Oakenclaw WB daily.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look here:

7pa654f.png

Thank you, maybe its a quest related book... My quests are not yet finished :-)))
    Options
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look here:

7pa654f.png

Thank you, maybe its a quest related book... My quests are not yet finished :-)))

Yes, u need to finish Main Story of Gold Road maybe :)
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    I wonder why you haven't fixed ALL the buggy lorebooks for so many years instead of fixing them a few at a time!!

:(

Because there's no magic "fix all lorebooks" button... It's not like they all are bugged in same way and due to the same background issue that can be fixed and they will all suddenly work ok.

Sorry, but respectfully, I disagree. Of course there is no magic button... but it doesn't take that long for a developer to fix a buggy book. It would be enough for one person to be entrusted with the task of fixing all the books that have been buggy for so many years! The list of these books is now known to everyone. It would be a few hours' work. But of course if lorebooks are never considered a priority... obviously it's a job that is never done by anyone. I wonder what's the point of continuing to produce buggy lorebooks without fixing the previous ones.

I dunno if by "the point", you mean it is done on purpose, or suggest not making any more lorebooks whatsoever until they fix all previous ones, AND invent a mechanism of never making a bugged one again (i.e., never).

The previous comment shows you have never been anywhere close to software -- or not software -- development if you think that what makes all these bugs common is them being lorebooks, and that assigning a special job role for fixing them makes any sense.

Most common two bug types with lorebooks are:
    1) Misalignment (book spawns not on top of some surface/object, but slightly under, and so is invisible/noninteractable, or then physics engine makes it fall through) -- which also happens with a lot of other objects, including resource nodes (which is much less noticeable to players, unless they have Keen Eye for that resource type, making it show a glow at an empty spot), chests (same), and just decorations (which you won't ever know are misaligned as you won't even see them, or they ain't supposed to be interactable in the first place). This is getting fixed routinely (based on both patch notes, and results), but not specifically for lorebooks, leaving other objects aside.
    2) Wrong tagging/triggers/conditions by quest stages/instances/etc, making them disappear, not appear at a correct spot, appear in inaccessible areas, etc. Having heavily modded TES games from Morrowind to Skyrim, including fixing broken quests, I know it is not a simple matter of just fixing a one-line mistake, it requires you to comb through the whole quest script completely to make sure you know what the exact error is, that you would actually fix it, and not break something else.
    3) The examples like above, where for whatever reason, the book is just not in Eidetic Memory at all. No idea how exactly it is implemented, but it is certainly not as simple as just adding one DB entry or a flag, either...

These are most likely handled by different dev teams, and quite possibly, #2 is handled by more than one, requiring coordination between them (and not doing other tasks they have).

Seeing as ZoS has admitted that prior to this year, they had devs on a constant crunch mode... It's a wonder they had time to fix anything not totally game-breaking whatsoever... But even if they had spare idle resources, assigning them to fix bugs by subject matter, not by type, would make no sense at all.
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone found the Letter from Aradros?
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can find "House Telvanni Song" under Telvanni Tomes? I have it collected and in my eidetic memory, but my wife doesn't. For the life of me I don't know where I collected it from and there's not a lot of info as to its whereabouts. If it's from a quest, ideally I would like to know a post-quest location, but can't be too picky, if I need to do a quest again to get into a certain area on a different character, happy to take her in as that'll complete her 96/97.
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    This note is probably bugged if you didn't collect it during the quest...
    Yeah, it's annoying as it is the only one I'm missing from the Dispatches of the Deadlands books on this character. :-(

You can try to form a group with someone who has not yet done this quest. If you can't enter the portal/door then you can teleport to the other player who is inside.

I did this on an alt and although you can get inside, the book is not visible if you have already done the quest. It appears as part of the quest for the other person, but not if you have completed the quest.

393bu3ff7shi.jpeg
    id3svx4og61r.png

Sadly propadly this note is bugged and there no post quest location ;(

Has there been any update to this book? Any post quest location available with the new update maybe?
    Options
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    My missing books:

- All our perfect forms (bugged)

- Y'ffre's Hymn
    - Warning bullettin (WB daily quest)
    - Dabienne's Note (bugged)
    - Letter from Aradros
    - Mastery of Compassion
    - Taking Care of Your Bear

Please help me if anyone know some book location
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirumorg wrote: »
    My missing books:

You need to read it after placing them for the Oakenclaw (Lake Olo) WB daily.

- Mastery of Compassion

On the ground near a monk (?) at a small lake between the Sanguine's shrine and Weatherleah estate

Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can find "House Telvanni Song" under Telvanni Tomes? I have it collected and in my eidetic memory, but my wife doesn't. For the life of me I don't know where I collected it from and there's not a lot of info as to its whereabouts. If it's from a quest, ideally I would like to know a post-quest location, but can't be too picky, if I need to do a quest again to get into a certain area on a different character, happy to take her in as that'll complete her 96/97.

Not a quest, just a book in a nook near a small house NW of the Tel Rendys location marker.

358bsf9gws0k.png
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on June 16, 2024 8:26PM
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My missing books:

- Y'ffre's Hymn
    - Letter from Aradros
    - Mastery of Compassion

Mastery of Compassion: look at #3716 post of mine in this thread :-) You will find a mini-map for this book
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Not a quest, just a book in a nook near a small house NW of the Tel Rendys location marker.

358bsf9gws0k.png

Amazing, thank you!!
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My missing books:

- Y'ffre's Hymn
    - Letter from Aradros
    - Mastery of Compassion

Taking care of your Bear: I have it collected. I'm pretty sure it is in a house (maybe Skingrad?) at the first floor, near a desk
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    My missing books:

- Y'ffre's Hymn
    - Letter from Aradros
    - Mastery of Compassion

Taking care of your Bear: I have it collected. I'm pretty sure it is in a house (maybe Skingrad?) at the first floor, near a desk

km9s4lfk9ymz.png

Upstairs

xr0cxe73a886.png

Options
  • zenonuk
    zenonuk
    For those looking for Journal of Sharmarshal Vargas - post quest can be found in Beragon's Townhouse on the first floor landing...

bnv5psreicl2.png
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone knows where Challenge of the Paladin from Tomes of Tributes is?

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

Port outsite the inn room, turn right towards the stairs, then right again into the little room beside the landing still upstairs. Its on a shelf or table in the back.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

Port outsite the inn room, turn right towards the stairs, then right again into the little room beside the landing still upstairs. Its on a shelf or table in the back.

Thank you!

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that if you're able to group with someone doing either of the main story quests for Gold Road that take you to Fargrave, it's possible to port in and grab Gleaner's Claim (and probably any other book in that area if there are more).

Now sitting at 6307 / 6339. I don't believe it's possible to get any of the remaining books:

All Our Perfect Forms
    Dabienne's Note
    Letter from Aradros
    Y'ffre's Hymn

Blind Path Cultist Style (14)
    The Recollection Style (14)
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
    Options
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a post quest way to get these books yet?

Elegian"s Notes
    The Prohecy of Anudnabia

Options