The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that I didn't checked 100% of quest zones, so there's maybe few errors.
    After this book is even more problematic because it returned a wrong quest, well they're rare and manual fix should help for those specific cases.

Maybe there an homonym in book title for that book.
    Edited by Ayantir on October 17, 2016 3:12PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Berenghar
    Berenghar
    ✭✭
    thanks a lot for your awesome work folks. Could find at least 20 new books now and making way towards 3000 :smiley:
    but still I have a question. I am looking for the book "Yamanu-ko's Letter to Her Apprentice" (craglorn secrets).
    lorebooks tells me that it should be Elinhir at position 80x73 but it is not.
    would appreciate if some could tell me the correct place to find it.
    *** Bei Dunkelheit sicht man nicht so weit, wie bei Tageslicht, wo man weiter sicht ***
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    "List of Names" - part of the Mysteries and Clues section, and available through the quest "Blood and the Crescent Moon" in Daggerfall. Lorebooks says it is available at the clothier's shop and down in the river by the blacksmithing station - negative in both instances.

@Mix

This is a case where the Lorebooks addon is misleading you. (I saw this yesterday too when I went to look for The Hidden Key and the Lorebooks location was strangely not even close, wrong zone and quest, I am wondering if ZoS did something with the ids or code or w/e that is messing up @Ayantir addon...)

I usually go and search the book on uesp wiki and read it. In this case it is clear from the text that this book is associated with Auridon!

Q:Final Blows

After Q: it is in Skywatch. Port to the wayshrine and go to the closest set of stairs (just W of the wayshrine) and it is laying on the ground at the top of the stairs....there is a Skywatch Celebrant standing on it atm on my screen. It seems they;ve shifted Egranor since he used to stand right here as well and is now shifted over one pillar (he is the quest turn in npc)

I will try to put together a map/screenshot guide for the IC bookshelves, maybe just following my 'route' through the city so you can all find the bookshelves and then make your own routes convenient to you.

Excellente, thanks very much @Mix :D
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • Muadyb
    Muadyb
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all.

Indeed nice work folks. Thanks for the hard work.

I only need 4 books (besides the bugged ones: Adainaz Journal // A Less Rude Song // Arrest Writ // Eyes for the Queen // Note from Comd. Derre // Plea Maximinus // Snowmead Massive) to complete my Eidetic Memory, if anyone can help me to locate the last 4 hehehe :)

Daedric Cults -> The First Day

Lore and Culture -> Reverence for the Dead

Notes and Memos -> Non - Standard Techiniques

The Devoted and Deranged -> Zhezar and the Divines

Once again, wonderful job.

Amazing :)

Regards

"Red Wind is always breezing upon you...waiting for the incoming sandstorm."
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenghar wrote: »
    thanks a lot for your awesome work folks. Could find at least 20 new books now and making way towards 3000 :smiley:
    but still I have a question. I am looking for the book "Yamanu-ko's Letter to Her Apprentice" (craglorn secrets).
    lorebooks tells me that it should be Elinhir at position 80x73 but it is not.
    would appreciate if some could tell me the correct place to find it.

It is in one of the tower gate where it is divided by levels. It's not in ground floor.
  • stoob16_ESO
    stoob16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Missing Citizens - Mysteries and Clues. Has anybody found a copy of this outside of the quest? It is from the Through the Ashes quest in Dawnbreak, Auridon. Nevermind this one, found it sneaky behind a tree.

@Kyoma Ok, I've been all over Dawnbreak with a finetooth comb and cannot find this book anywhere. I'm 99% convinced that it's phased out after you complete the quest.

Can you please point me towards the the tree you found it behind? :neutral:
    Well.....here: http://i.imgur.com/ORkg0fm.jpg

You're a legend. Thanks.
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix how often would I check the bookshelves? What's their spawn rate?
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix how often would I check the bookshelves? What's their spawn rate?
    Back when I was getting those IC bookshelf books I was missing I generally checked em once a day. A huge tip I can give you is to check in different campaigns as each one has its own, hmmm, 'instance' of bookshelves. This can greatly increase the amount of unique bookshelves you can find each day!
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    @Muadyb

Daedric Cults -> The First Day --> found in City of Ash II (at 29x80)

Lore and Culture -> Reverence for the Dead --> found in bookshelves in Malabal Tor/Alikir Desert/Eastmarch, just keep constantly checking them

Notes and Memos -> Non - Standard Techiniques --> was available during the Quest [The Truth about Spiders] in Stonefalls, didnt check after finishing quest, maybe just look again where quest started/ended

The Devoted and Deranged -> Zhezar and the Divines --> found in bookshelves in IC
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muadyb wrote: »
    Greetings all.

Indeed nice work folks. Thanks for the hard work.

I only need 4 books (besides the bugged ones: Adainaz Journal // A Less Rude Song // Arrest Writ // Eyes for the Queen // Note from Comd. Derre // Plea Maximinus // Snowmead Massive) to complete my Eidetic Memory, if anyone can help me to locate the last 4 hehehe :)

Grats on your progress!

I would like to clarify something though: Adainaz' Journal, A Less Rude Song, and Plea to Maximinus are not necessarily bugged, we just don't know where they are. All 3 were reported on the PTS where many things were fixed, so keep your eyes open!

Also, if this is all you are missing, where did you find Captain Black Sword's Journal?
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    List of Names, for those still searching, is on the entrance to Skywatch. Just be the wayshrine on the stairs.

Letterto Egranor is not near Egranor (entrance to SKywatch) and I think it is bugged.
    Edited by BlackEar on October 18, 2016 8:26PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oldbushie "Knowing Satakal" found it tonight on an IC bookshelf, see bottom of first post for the screenshot.

@BlackEar "Letter to Erganor" is on our bugged book list.
    Edited by Mix on October 19, 2016 12:52AM
  • Bastijer
    Bastijer
    ✭✭✭
    AbbieGoth wrote: »
    I did some running around for a few hours the other day and found that the following books are either bugged or the add-on isn't displaying their proper locations:

The Fires Guide the Way - Greenshade
    Found this one in Craglorn - Shada's Tears - City District

Hint:
    http://www.esohead.com/books/2558-the-fires-guide-the-way

Hope it helps :smile:

EDIT: The ingame name is The Light Holds the Way - However when you open it, you can read "The Fires Guide the Way" - And all the icons in Greenshade are gone finally¡¡ :wink:

2nd EDIT: In fact
    this book starts a quest to open a door solving a puzzle. Curious thing about it is that I already did this quest, it is a repeatable group one, but the book didnt get into Eidetic Memory - Lorebooks until now. Even more curiously, in the EM the book shows as a quest book given by The Artisan in Greenshade.
    Nevermind. Finally got it :smiley:

AbbieGoth wrote: »
    I did some running around for a few hours the other day and found that the following books are either bugged or the add-on isn't displaying their proper locations:

The Hidden Key - Grahtwood
    Found this one in Rivenspire - Lorkrata Hills - central tower

Hint:
    http://www.esohead.com/books/1850-the-hidden-key

Regarding the Heirloom Vase:
    Found this one in Malabal Tor - Vulkwasten - Tall Trunk Tavern. On a table next to Ganwen.

Source:
    http://www.esohead.com/books/1200-heirloom-vase#/tab-comments

Edited by Bastijer on October 19, 2016 3:11PM
  • Muadyb
    Muadyb
    ✭✭✭
    @VolvoXX Thanks for the help :)

@Mix About the the Captain Black Sword's Journal (forget to mention in previous post, sorry for the false hope).
    They arent bugged (bad word choise), but Missing (not yet found).

Regards.
    "Red Wind is always breezing upon you...waiting for the incoming sandstorm."
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the best place in IC (including sewers) to check for bookshelves? Does anyone have a route they can recommend.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

• Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    @Oldbushie "Knowing Satakal" found it tonight on an IC bookshelf, see bottom of first post for the screenshot.

@BlackEar "Letter to Erganor" is on our bugged book list.

Thanks for checking! I looked and unfortunately it doesn't have that book at present. So I'm guessing that particular book is a generally random find among bookshelves.
    Edited by Oldbushie on October 20, 2016 2:31AM
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    "Letter to Erganor" is on our bugged book list.

Not bugged :)

http://imgur.com/3xD1IVW - Enter to Ruins with book.
    http://imgur.com/3jXTsIu - Book.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlackEar I have posted my personal IC city route (which doesn't include the sewers) in the first post. I know EP have 3 bookshelves in their base and I never seen the inside of the other two alliance sewer bases.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Mauloch orc father" found on IC bookshelf.

Achievement hunter:

• Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    @Mix

Vosh Rahk Orders, Wrothgar Writings

So after a few minutes of stalking the Chambers of Loyalty door in Paragon's Remembrance, Wrothgar, I managed to group with a really nice player. He took me through all the way to the room that supposedly had the book in it. Well it turns out, you can't get the book even if you've grouped with someone that does have it as it seems to be 'Quest Bound' to the player with it. The nice guy could see it behind the throne chair but I couldn't.

It's a shame considering I read it when I actually did the quest and it never registered :/ Now I can't obtain it through the other method.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that sucks @Rainchii :(
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    (deleted)
    Edited by WardogAce on October 22, 2016 2:04AM
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.

• WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix @Kyoma I was able to finish the known IC books off thanks to your help! Just have 10 books to go now

Captain Black Sword's Journal
    Arrest Writ
    Eyes of the Queen Only
    Note from Commander Derre
    Note from Jeegren
    Plea to Maximinus
    Adainaz's Journal
    Rite of the Scion
    Heart of Valenwood
    A Less Rude Song

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gkmichelb14a_ESO the rite of the scion - have you done the vampire quest?
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @Qyrk ah not yet I'm aware of that one--i'm a bit unclear about how to get that started but i'm gonna cure my werewolf at some point to get that done. If I get someone to bite me, does that kickstart that quest off?

• WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix also I found another location in IC for a bookshelf if you're interested--it's in the elven district right under the flag to capture in the elven underground hideout

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qyrk ah not yet I'm aware of that one--i'm a bit unclear about how to get that started but i'm gonna cure my werewolf at some point to get that done. If I get someone to bite me, does that kickstart that quest off?

Get bit and start the quest :). You should receive the Rite of the Scion afterwards :) (at least that's what happened when I turned vampire). It's been 2 years since then.
    Edited by Qyrk on October 22, 2016 7:04AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I query the book 'To whom it may concern' (daedric cults) book if anyone has found it inside City of Ash?

Where exactly in the dungeon is it. I spent 3 hours scouring the CoH II version (i solo'ed it, so had the time). Or am I looking at the wrong version?

Thanks!
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @Qyrk Do you have the Lorebooks addon? There are coordinates given for that book. Is it not where the addon indicates?

also one more question about rite of the scion--do you have to be bit by an npc vampire or can you get one of your friends to bite you?
    Edited by WardogAce on October 22, 2016 7:23AM

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qyrk Do you have the Lorebooks addon? There are coordinates given for that book. Is it not where the addon indicates?

also one more question about rite of the scion--do you have to be bit by an npc vampire or can you get one of your friends to bite you?

The lore books add-on will not help. This is a book that will be presented to you in your backpack, which means you have to read it - therefore location of this will vary immensely (at least from experience).

Besides if a player read it while doing the vampire quest, it is instance and the location will not pop up on Lorebooks (at least it's not showing on mine).

Lastly, it doesn't matter how you get bit. As long as you do the quest.
    Edited by Qyrk on October 22, 2016 7:52AM