Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

SCREW IT! I'LL SAY IT!

• FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look more agree/awesome ****ing. Not really surprised to see its the OP making this list of known issues and pretending hes the only one brave enough to call ZOS out on things.

I sometimes wish posts like this would be ignored. The forums would be much more approachable if they were. But everyone loves themselves a little drama early in the morning so here we are.

Zactly, Seth. Zactly.

Edited by FortheloveofKrist on May 21, 2016 2:25PM
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look more agree/awesome ****ing. Not really surprised to see its the OP making this list of known issues and pretending hes the only one brave enough to call ZOS out on things.

I sometimes wish posts like this would be ignored. The forums would be much more approachable if they were. But everyone loves themselves a little drama early in the morning so here we are.

Precisely. Nearly everything on that little list has either been addressed, is in development or isn't going to happen because it isn't the vision they have for the game. Plus all the "fix". Really? Just "fix it"? It isn't theirs to fix. Would you like to actually understand a little bit of the difficulty? It's quite interesting.

And personally I hate token systems, they're a band-aid and they feel like it.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • therobster104_ESO
    He has his manpon in.
  • InfaM
    InfaM
    ✭✭✭
    About SWG and SOE , "Majority" said that NGE killed the game and that they wanted a new update to remove NGE.
    When SWG was still popular , everyone always claimed that they wanted PRE-CU not NGE , those long grinded jedi getting killed by medic after NGE wasn't something people were asking for, SOE didn't listened to the majority , which is why the game died, not the other way.
    If they listened the majority of player base, the game would have been PRE-CU end not NGE , and it would probably still be alive and popular today.
    Edited by InfaM on May 21, 2016 2:44PM
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ser Lobo wrote: »

They're making the game they want, and not what is wanted by the majority, if they don't start to listen this game won't last as long as I'd like it to.

Thank god. I'd hate to see the game produced by 'listening to the majority'. Lets negligently put aside that the forum community doesn't make up the majority or come even close. Lets simply ignore the fact that build by 'popular opinion' has, in the past, caused more games to collapse than rise.

Read the first 20 pages of general discussion, but this time, read every single one. Put our personal opinions aside, and give them all equal weight. The ideas are oftentimes so far fetched, some so out of character, and quite frequenly completely contridict the post right behind or ahead of it.

The only true measure of the success of ZOS isn't the forum or any other 'vocal minority' (of which I'm obviously a part). The only true measure of success is seen by ZOS in participation numbers. How many play, how many log back in, how many buy crowns, etc.

I'll be honest, reading that recent article from the business site, it seems ZOS is pretty damn happy with their product.

Why do I feel this way? I was a member of SOE's forums, and played the hell out of SWG. And the changes they made in NGE? They were requested. By the playerbase.

And when that overhaul happened, and those changes were made real? Well all of a sudden, that game wasn't so fun anymore, and those people moved on ... as well as the ton of us who actually LIKED the game.

I'd recommend letting ZOS manage their business and their IP as they see fit. I want some things too, but I'm also happy because I'm about to get those things. To me, and from my eyes, this game is going to get nothing but better, and I like it.

Aslong as people keep buying crowns they're going to be happy, £££ = :smiley:

And you don't seem like a bigger picture type of guy, their greed will kill this game and if you can't understand why then I'm not going to waste my time replying.

They need to fix what's wrong first, there's a list of new bugs every time they bring a new dlc out and they're not exactly hastey about sorting anything out are they. Soon they would have just let all of these unfixed bugs ect build up and then it will be too late, people will have already started to leave, and cause they've already brought out most DLCs people were looking forward to (TG & DB) there's going to be nothing keeping people here anymore.

It really is that simple, ZOS are all about the money, and like I said, the game won't last as long as I'd like it too, ZOS are letting their greed blind them, they could make a lot more money if everyone stuck around.
  • ScarlettCrush
    I am happy, though I do wish for more console support. We don't have the same advantages as pc players (Macro mouse & keyboard program expertly & mechanically doing our weaving & clipping for us with 1 click, add on for anything you want, hacks for tons of gold)

We have one controller, no ability to map our own button layout or code and the same stats as pc players who do have access to all that.
    Macro's alone will give false information on your pts about how easy/hard stuff is and console has to deal with it one manual button mash at a time.
    We could use a friendly little buff. :)
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're making the game they want, and not what is wanted by the majority, if they don't start to listen this game won't last as long as I'd like it to.

Thank god. I'd hate to see the game produced by 'listening to the majority'. Lets negligently put aside that the forum community doesn't make up the majority or come even close. Lets simply ignore the fact that build by 'popular opinion' has, in the past, caused more games to collapse than rise.

Read the first 20 pages of general discussion, but this time, read every single one. Put our personal opinions aside, and give them all equal weight. The ideas are oftentimes so far fetched, some so out of character, and quite frequenly completely contridict the post right behind or ahead of it.

The only true measure of the success of ZOS isn't the forum or any other 'vocal minority' (of which I'm obviously a part). The only true measure of success is seen by ZOS in participation numbers. How many play, how many log back in, how many buy crowns, etc.

I'll be honest, reading that recent article from the business site, it seems ZOS is pretty damn happy with their product.

Why do I feel this way? I was a member of SOE's forums, and played the hell out of SWG. And the changes they made in NGE? They were requested. By the playerbase.

And when that overhaul happened, and those changes were made real? Well all of a sudden, that game wasn't so fun anymore, and those people moved on ... as well as the ton of us who actually LIKED the game.

I'd recommend letting ZOS manage their business and their IP as they see fit. I want some things too, but I'm also happy because I'm about to get those things. To me, and from my eyes, this game is going to get nothing but better, and I like it.

And you don't seem like a bigger picture type of guy, their greed will kill this game and if you can't understand why then I'm not going to waste my time replying.

They need to fix what's wrong first, there's a list of new bugs every time they bring a new dlc out and they're not exactly hastey about sorting anything out are they. Soon they would have just let all of these unfixed bugs ect build up and then it will be too late, people will have already started to leave, and cause they've already brought out most DLCs people were looking forward to (TG & DB) there's going to be nothing keeping people here anymore.

It really is that simple, ZOS are all about the money, and like I said, the game won't last as long as I'd like it too, ZOS are letting their greed blind them, they could make a lot more money if everyone stuck around.

Yeah, I've yet to see a game built in the last two decades that wasn't built to make money, and only to make money. Maybe some of these indy games could be argued to be 'for the artform'. Maybe, though I often think of them more as ways for people to advertise 'hey, I'm looking for a producer's job' so that they can make money eventually.

As far as the list of bugs, I agree, it's long. I don't run into many of them, being on consoles and not having to worry about addon errors, but I acknowledge that they are there. Course, since I beta'd this game on PC over two years ago, I've seen a LOT of bugs come and go. I'd love to see the list of 'fixed' versus the list of currently broken.

But of course developers and programmers can't make money off of buggy games like this. I mean, if Android or Windows was this buggy, they'd never survive, right?

And I disagree. Housing, barbershop, personalities, small PvP skirmish battlegrounds, and Vvardenfall. This will do a good job keeping me here, at least. And I sense that there are a LOT more out there like me, who prefer the small group/duo/solo content, Elder Scrolls world, and character customization that ESO does so well. Versus your generic 'end game elite pro meta min-max' type player. I just don't see any game having longevity for that audience. Even EverQuest and WoW, with going on two decades of content, people get bored on the end-game after doing ever raid a dozen times, etc.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InfaM wrote: »
    About SWG and SOE , "Majority" said that NGE killed the game and that they wanted a new update to remove NGE.
    When SWG was still popular , everyone always claimed that they wanted PRE-CU not NGE , those long grinded jedi getting killed by medic after NGE wasn't something people were asking for, SOE didn't listened to the majority , which is why the game died, not the other way.
    If they listened the majority of player base, the game would have been PRE-CU end not NGE , and it would probably still be alive and popular today.

If they listened to the majority of the playerbase (who wasn't on the forums represented well), yes. Those players were playing, enjoying their time.

But the vocal group on the forums, chiming for constant changes, alterations and editions? Hell, WoW had just released, and people wanted to be Jedi, or didn't want all the confusion fo the skill-based systems. The public content was too old-school. The fights were too hard. There were too many variations of builds, and not enough 'balance', because a few builds came out better than others (Tera Kasi spinmaster rifleman, myself).

It was a *** deal. But what we got WAS asked for. Maybe by idiots who thought they knew better than the original developers. Maybe by players who assumed that they knew what they wanted.

Who ever they were, they ruined it for the rest of us because they couldn't understand that what made the game great was exactly what they didn't like. And if they didn't like so much of it, they should have just moved on, instead of ruining it for everybody.

Not saying this list embodies that kind of philosophy. It seems quite tame in comparison. Just arguing against the 'listen to the complainers' crowd.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Out of all the different personality types out there, the geeky/nerdy type whiners have to be the worst! Such entitled babies! These people embarrass themselves on these forums on a daily basis.

Don't combine geeks with nerds. They are hell and heaven apart.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted Content Removed]

Yeah, I've yet to see a game built in the last two decades that wasn't built to make money, and only to make money. Maybe some of these indy games could be argued to be 'for the artform'. Maybe, though I often think of them more as ways for people to advertise 'hey, I'm looking for a producer's job' so that they can make money eventually.

As far as the list of bugs, I agree, it's long. I don't run into many of them, being on consoles and not having to worry about addon errors, but I acknowledge that they are there. Course, since I beta'd this game on PC over two years ago, I've seen a LOT of bugs come and go. I'd love to see the list of 'fixed' versus the list of currently broken.

But of course developers and programmers can't make money off of buggy games like this. I mean, if Android or Windows was this buggy, they'd never survive, right?

And I disagree. Housing, barbershop, personalities, small PvP skirmish battlegrounds, and Vvardenfall. This will do a good job keeping me here, at least. And I sense that there are a LOT more out there like me, who prefer the small group/duo/solo content, Elder Scrolls world, and character customization that ESO does so well. Versus your generic 'end game elite pro meta min-max' type player. I just don't see any game having longevity for that audience. Even EverQuest and WoW, with going on two decades of content, people get bored on the end-game after doing ever raid a dozen times, etc.

I understand all games prioritise in making money, that's natural, but there's a smart way to do it and a rushed way, and ZOS do like to rush bringing the new content out when the old stuff still needs to be fixed.

I prefer small scale PvP myself also, and am looking forward to playing that, But barbershop? People won't want to stay because they can change their hairstyle, that should be part of any base game, it's just sloppy they haven't thought until now that people appreciate things like that.

I do love the whole idea behind ESO and the lore, I've always played these games, it just seems to me they're more bothered about making money now.

And don't get me started on player housing, it' is fun to do an all, but that is going to be a massive part of the crown store to get even more money out of people, mark my words. I also think that's the only thing people will be staying for, after that they're going to have to get there act together pronto.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on May 21, 2016 5:40PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    MikeB wrote: »
    attackjet wrote: »
    MikeB wrote: »
    People just need to come to a realization that this game is going to get no better than it already is. Heck in a lot of ways it has taken leaps and bounds backwards. I was once passionate and full of hope but the lack of communication and down right disrespect from everyone at ZOS has got to be to much for me. I still check the forums for the slightest hint of improvement for a game I once loved but I have no hope.

Then don't play the game.

This is there job, they do this everyday and are on the forums everyday.

Your the one being disrespectful

Don't like the game? don't play

I dont play and haven't, along with everyone I know, in a while. Its the worst MMO I've had the displeasure to play. Luckily I got it for free. I don't recall saying I respect anyone, professionally of course, at ZOS.

As a subscriber, let me say a big "take a hike" to all you freeloaders out there. Seriously, you played the game FOR FREE and still think you get to diss it? At least I FREAKING PAY FOR IT. And if you think the free game you played is the worst MMO out there, boy you haven't been around much, have you?

PS - This is in no way a defense of ZOS, the game has serious issues, I just have a thing against freeloaders, and entitled ones at that.

Um, no. Internet, xbox live, video game all cost money

Thinking playin is free = priceless

Just because you paid More doesn't mean your opinion holds any more or less weight.

All players' opinions matter
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Yes ^
    53914370-a3d4-11e3-9b03-a5ff66e534f3_BillMurrayFistpump.gif

I don't watch these things but I'm curious what made Bill Murray stand and applaud so happily?

@Vigarr
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if it means anything. the forums are more of a support group for players anyway.
    We here ya, echo your frustrations...
    Hell even some grown men on the forums have admitted to crying because of these patches and lack of response.
    More then a few people have flipped out and laid it out while streaming.
    And I just want to say were right there with your passion.

@Ch4mpTW
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Out of all the different personality types out there, the geeky/nerdy type whiners have to be the worst! Such entitled babies! These people embarrass themselves on these forums on a daily basis.

Both are fantasies, and the illusion of disparity equally so. I think they are terms more like "fruit" and "apple" ,. A nerd is definetly a geek, but a geek is not always a nerd.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO live is where I go to get the answers to the questions almost no one is asking.

You are absolutely right. I remember when we tried to get an overall DK question answered on twitch and they stopped the whole ESO live to tell us to stop asking because there will be an update for classes coming. That update came and went and amounted to nothing because we had no information from them to give feedback on before PTS. So we got a mostly wasted update.
    Edited by Armitas on May 21, 2016 4:14PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

Both are fantasies, and the illusion of disparity equally so. I think they are terms more like "fruit" and "apple" ,. A nerd is definetly a geek, but a geek is not always a nerd.

I don't care what people call me . Those people upset at the basis of this thread should really read the first paragraph of what the OP wrote three or four times .
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see better class balance. Major buffs shouldnt be a passive for any class, and if you want more diversity in builds quit making swiss army knife abilities unless they reflect a real high resource cost. High cost/high reward or the inverse. They could have done something like this with WB or Shieldstacking to good effect but went with nerfs instead.
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    *Reads, gets to this part*
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    - Someone who is competent in class balancing, because [someone] clearly has no clue what the hell is doing.
    - Actual class balance overall

WoW can't even get their class balancing right after 10+ years. As much as I enjoy ESO, I doubt they will ever achieve balance either. As long a someone doing the balancing has a favorite class, as long as someone has a least favorite class, there will always be a class that is OP and one that people laugh at. Even if all the classes had the same skills, you would have those min/maxers find a way to make one of them OP.

I'd honestly rather advocate for a pvp build and a pve build. Separate it out so that pvers don't have to respec because an ability got nerfed in pvp and pvpers don't have to respec because an ability got nerfed in pve.

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argruna wrote: »
    *Reads, gets to this part*
    - Someone who is competent in class balancing, because [someone] clearly has no clue what the hell is doing.

WoW can't even get their class balancing right after 10+ years. As much as I enjoy ESO, I doubt they will ever achieve balance either. As long a someone doing the balancing has a favorite class, as long as someone has a least favorite class, there will always be a class that is OP and one that people laugh at. Even if all the classes had the same skills, you would have those min/maxers find a way to make one of them OP.

I'd honestly rather advocate for a pvp build and a pve build. Separate it out so that pvers don't have to respec because an ability got nerfed in pvp and pvpers don't have to respec because an ability got nerfed in pve.

On this topic. How hard would it be to sit down. take suggestions, work the math, and adjust the numbers weekly till you achieve balance? add in new skills, morphs, and passives, and rinse and repeat.... instead of this tradition of rotating which class/spec is more powerful every 4 months. I mean from my perspective...which is limited but still present.... If x and x class are on top in every area, and x and x class are bottom in performance in several areas... I don't Buff the top performing classes. idk maybe it really is to hard to understand for us mere mortals.
    Edited by NativeJoe on May 21, 2016 4:35PM
  • Egonieser
    Egonieser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »
    Shaloran wrote: »
    An excellent post, but one that will fall on deaf ears I'm afraid. Don't worry though, at least when your rant is ignored there will be a couple more dogs to buy from the crown store :/

It would be nice if there were actually an MMO developer that runs a game that grows and evolves with the desires of the players, but they seem to not give a damn about their product. I know you can't please every single person, but many of the things listed here an idiot could see have been requested by the MAJORITY of the player base and not the silent majority.

Get it together people before your game falls apart.

Maybe someday there will be an experienced game developer who creates a three realm game that is crowd funded so his only boss is his customers. Maybe, someday soon...

Star Citizen anyone? Is exactly that. AAA companies should take notes.
    Sometimes, I dream about...cheese...

Dermont - v16 Pompous Altmer Sorcerer (With a very arrogant face!)
    Egonieser - v16 Nord Stamina Dragonborn Wannabe
    Endoly - v16 Tiny Redguard Sharpened MaceBlade
    Egosalina - v16 Breton Cheesus Beam Specialist
    Egowen - v16 Dunmer Whipping Expert (Riding crops eluded her)
    (Yes, I had to grind all these to v16)
    Akamanakh - lvl 22 Khajiit GankBlade (Inspired by Top Cat)
    Targos Icewind - lvl 34 Imperial (Future) Jabplar
    (CP 830+)

PC - EU
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance would be one thing. Im just amazed mag dk doesnt have an execute, stam Sorc and DK have no class specific main attack (unstable and hurricane are secondary abilities).

2 of 4 classes have the fundamental abilities in class skills to create complete builds without outsourcing to other skill lines. There will always be builds that min/max players develop to be the best but if there is competitive options it extends the fun of playing one class by alot.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g You're proving my point man. I'm not arguing that surge is necessarily bad. I'm saying players are concerned with it and have voiced that. That video is exactly what I'm asking for. Instead of patronizing players and dismissing them, when surge comes up on ESO live lets hop on a sorc and go show the community how it works. When you bring up people's concern with poisons, go on pvp with devs and fight 1 v 2 or something with poisons and show people the numbers and mechanics. Not all of us have the PTS (console folks), they hear things and grow concerned. Dispell their concern and explain yourself with videos like you made. It shouldn't be on you to go in a Stam sorc thread and say "here, these are the numbers and mechanics so don't worry." That's kind of their job. We aren't disagreeing on much here Nifty. I'm not saying the game is doomed. I'm saying treat the customers with respect and engage them instead of being patronizing and dismissive. That's all man. Don't think it's too awful much to ask.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This long and they haven't fixed what many forumers on here complain weekly to be "unplayable"?? And you keep playing?? Why? Leave the game if you think it's that bad. Seriously. What customer pays repeatedly for a service for over a year and does not leave to find a more suitable product? You know that your money (or lack thereof) is the only vote they count, right?

I hope Gina names her baby Bán Hammer Bruno. And then, in his/her honor, starts banning egregious repeat complainers from the forums.

Bán: Hungarian, Serbian, and Croatian: from Slavic ban or Hungarian bán ‘governor’ (from Avar bajan ‘rich’, ‘rich man’), historically a status name for a regional military or administrative leader (for example the governor of Croatia in the Habsburg Empire)

Hammer: Middle High German hamer, or a nickname for a forceful person.

Think about it, Gina. It's a good strong name.

uC9e2ojJn1ZXW.gif
    Edited by FortheloveofKrist on May 21, 2016 5:13PM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They bought some time with the console release. But the honeymoon phase for the console players will only last so long.

And for all those people saying 'but games are only made to make money' think about this: would you rather the companies behind your games made money like EA or like CD Project Red?

Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on May 21, 2016 5:20PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    expect to find more pay to win gear instead.
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Just to be clear some of the things you're asking for fixes for others don't see as broken and calling out developers saying they don't know what they're doing is rude.

If it's all so easy please post all of the balance changes for us which will appease every member of the community, tell us how to fix lag and show examples of it working, explain the alternate RNG systems etc.

It's fine sitting at your PC miles away from a development studio and screaming "FIX THE GAME!!!" but unless you know the magic code to make all of these problems go away and make every member of the community happy at once it might be worth having some consideration for those who are working hard on this already.

First thing that comes to mind is armchair quarterback.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really can't have 50+ stam moves and 10ish magicka moves and call it balance.

Doing the same doesn't have to come for balance. NBs and Temps show how a build can be competitive and yet completely different. Magicka sorc vs Stam NB (at least for now) completely different yet both viable.

I think the ideas that are imagined such as all weapons being stam and all ults being magicka, were dreamt up in a lore or story type idea for the game. However the reality of actual game play made such ideas impossible to implement. Just like in mtg the players will take the best of each idea to make an uber idea tha the designers never intended.

(My example was the affinity deck, affinity was dreamt of as mediocre creatures at high costs that are reduced to be effective, what the players did is take the best creatures from affinity and combined the cheap creatures designed to counter affinity, and made a 4 turn winning beast. This brought on some of the first ever standard card bans.)

They just seem to keep over-correcting...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    All I see is a white knight and a lot of 'this is being worked on'. Being worked on for how long? ZOS as a company has pretty much failed to make a really successful MMO (with zero competition around) and is now abandoning PvP to focus more on a single-player experience.
    Edited by Jhunn on May 21, 2016 6:19PM
    Gave up.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First and foremost, I wanted to say peace and love to all of the gamers who make up the ESO community. Much love and respect to you all. Whether you be newbie, elite, ganker, etc. Much love to you. Your contributions have help make ESO's community a pretty chill, and fun environment. And I personally appreciate it. And please understand that everything I'm about to say in this thread comes from a good mind, and with good intentions. These words come from a good place, and has the intention(s) in mind to make things better by casting light on things that people are intentionally turning a blind-eye to...

Now that that's out of the way, let's get straight to it...

Since you (ZOS) act like you don't get it, I'm going to break it down for you and make things real clear an obvious. You act like you don't see the numerous important questions people are asking in your We Are ESO Live streams, which are often repeated by different people. Let me list all the stuff that you pretend to act like you can't see, and ignore. These are some of the things we (your consumers want):
    - Fixed PVP lag
    - Fixed PVP bugs
    - Fixed PVP AOE caps
    - Fixed overall RNG
    - A token system for dungeons for dungeons, trials, and arenas
    - Scaling of low level gear to VR160/CP160 (e.g. Warlock and Silks of the Sun)
    - Reduction in poison effectiveness from 60%, and even less than 30%.
    - Better overall RNG.
    - A better support team that handles consumer issues and retention
    - Better We Are ESO Live streams. We don't care about what type of bricks you used or materials to make a damn wall. We want to know about approaching content, and things that major concerns of the community.
    - Better chance to get gold things (e.g. Kutas, Roe, etc.)
    - An actual auction house
    - Player housing
    - Player barbershops
    - A text chat for console
    - A proper testing team that actually tests out content, before it reaches PTS or even live.
    - Player feedback to actually be listened to from PTS testing, and no put things on live that were never in the PTS (cough Thieves Guild update cough)
    - Account-wide mount upgrades
    - Arenas and 1-on-1 battlegrounds for PVP.
    - Proper attire for female character models, that fit to their figures appropriately. Less bloating please.
    - Skills in PVP having their effects behaving differently than they would in PVE. And vice-versa.
    - Scaling trials to VR160/CP160
    - A difficulty slider

I'm sure I missed out a lot of things, but I am pretty damn sure that the things I listed would actually happen? You'd have a LOT more happy players overall, less complaints on the forums, and more gratitude and support from your player base. Because clearly, what you've been doing is making many of us long-time players hate you. And while you may be luring in new players who are not aware of the things in store, they'll soon find out about it — and then leave too. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_DaryaK @Wrobel @ZOS_ChrisStrasz @ZOS_ChrisH

Edited to remove profanity and a personal attack

I feel like it would take ZoS 10 years to get any close to the game you're talking about. They're headless chickens right now. Honestly Wrobel needs to go. That guy is a joke.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm debating over whether I even want to watch this ESO live. 2 people have told me they wanted to quit the game after watching it.

Edited by Armitas on May 21, 2016 8:35PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK