Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

SCREW IT! I'LL SAY IT!

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First and foremost, I wanted to say peace and love to all of the gamers who make up the ESO community. Much love and respect to you all. Whether you be newbie, elite, ganker, etc. Much love to you. Your contributions have help make ESO's community a pretty chill, and fun environment. And I personally appreciate it. And please understand that everything I'm about to say in this thread comes from a good mind, and with good intentions. These words come from a good place, and has the intention(s) in mind to make things better by casting light on things that people are intentionally turning a blind-eye to...

Now that that's out of the way, let's get straight to it...

Since you (ZOS) act like you don't get it, I'm going to break it down for you and make things real clear an obvious. You act like you don't see the numerous important questions people are asking in your We Are ESO Live streams, which are often repeated by different people. Let me list all the stuff that you pretend to act like you can't see, and ignore. These are some of the things we (your consumers want):
- Fixed PVP lag
- Fixed PVP bugs
- Fixed PVP AOE caps
- Fixed overall RNG
- A token system for dungeons for dungeons, trials, and arenas
- Someone who is competent in class balancing, because [someone] clearly has no clue what the hell is doing.
- Actual class balance overall
- Scaling of low level gear to VR160/CP160 (e.g. Warlock and Silks of the Sun)
- Reduction in poison effectiveness from 60%, and even less than 30%.
- Better overall RNG.
- A better support team that handles consumer issues and retention
- Better We Are ESO Live streams. We don't care about what type of bricks you used or materials to make a damn wall. We want to know about approaching content, and things that major concerns of the community.
- Better chance to get gold things (e.g. Kutas, Roe, etc.)
- An actual auction house
- Player housing
- Player barbershops
- A text chat for console
- A proper testing team that actually tests out content, before it reaches PTS or even live.
- Player feedback to actually be listened to from PTS testing, and no put things on live that were never in the PTS (cough Thieves Guild update cough)
- Account-wide mount upgrades
- Arenas and 1-on-1 battlegrounds for PVP.
- Proper attire for female character models, that fit to their figures appropriately. Less bloating please.
- Skills in PVP having their effects behaving differently than they would in PVE. And vice-versa.
- Scaling trials to VR160/CP160
- A difficulty slider

I'm sure I missed out a lot of things, but I am pretty damn sure that the things I listed would actually happen? You'd have a LOT more happy players overall, less complaints on the forums, and more gratitude and support from your player base. Because clearly, what you've been doing is making many of us long-time players hate you. And while you may be luring in new players who are not aware of the things in store, they'll soon find out about it — and then leave too. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_DaryaK @Wrobel @ZOS_ChrisStrasz @ZOS_ChrisH

Edited to remove profanity and a personal attack
Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 21, 2016 3:44PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    53914370-a3d4-11e3-9b03-a5ff66e534f3_BillMurrayFistpump.gif
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well... very well said, although one can't help but feel the presence of ZOS's peering eyes upon this thread;

char_120716.jpg

Many of your suggestions are indeed what I imagine the majority of community would like to see, even if it takes a few years, I have great faith in ZOS as a company - especially after playing many other big online games, only to find that the company who run them, are quite detached from the communities' wants & needs.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on Man you know they arent going to throw Magicka DKs a bone upgrading Silks of Sun. Upgraded Morag Tong though for Stamina DKs. Already halfway bent over in PVP but after next patch will definitely be fully bent over.
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :cry:
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    if I knew how to upload gifs I would upload the standing ovation one. but I don't... so I wont.
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you got the order pretty much right too. I just can't see playing the game much longer with these kinds of performance issues and many of those I group with feel the same.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And the hits keep coming.

I am enjoying the game immensely and hope they keep doing what they are doing and of course gradually do what needs doing.

YMMV
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Shaloran
    Shaloran
    ✭✭
    An excellent post, but one that will fall on deaf ears I'm afraid. Don't worry though, at least when your rant is ignored there will be a couple more dogs to buy from the crown store :/

It would be nice if there were actually an MMO developer that runs a game that grows and evolves with the desires of the players, but they seem to not give a damn about their product. I know you can't please every single person, but many of the things listed here an idiot could see have been requested by the MAJORITY of the player base and not the silent majority.

Get it together people before your game falls apart.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like no one else has said this... but that is a pretty good list. I would add a bunch of really obscure, specific things... but no one wants to see that. :lol:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    - Better We Are ESO Live streams. We don't care about what type of bricks you used or materials to make a damn wall. We want to know about approaching content, and things that major concerns of the community.

ESO Live is from the devs, "We are ESO" is from PvP git gudders that are suckling on the teet of ESO.

And the bottom half of your list is stuff they already confirmed are coming.
    Edited by ManwithBeard9 on May 21, 2016 4:48AM
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Fix wrothgar crashes on console, dropping writes usually averages 2/4 game crashes in wrothgar.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Yawn*
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shaloran wrote: »
    An excellent post, but one that will fall on deaf ears I'm afraid. Don't worry though, at least when your rant is ignored there will be a couple more dogs to buy from the crown store :/

It would be nice if there were actually an MMO developer that runs a game that grows and evolves with the desires of the players, but they seem to not give a damn about their product. I know you can't please every single person, but many of the things listed here an idiot could see have been requested by the MAJORITY of the player base and not the silent majority.

Get it together people before your game falls apart.

Maybe someday there will be an experienced game developer who creates a three realm game that is crowd funded so his only boss is his customers. Maybe, someday soon...
  • Nomad79
    Nomad79
    I love playing this game but all I want in the world right now is for them to fix the damn lag. It literally makes my eyes hurt to get on my horse and go places.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most recent ESO Live was maybe the most insulting thing ZOS has ever produced. The lack of competency, understanding, communication... I've reached my limit. And I advocate on these forums for measured and helpful response. But @Wrobel actually suggested a Stam sorc tank focusing on crit?.... WHAT? Their own tester got melted by a poison that hit for 17k! The look on @Wrobel 's face when he saw that death recap after downplaying the near unanimous CONSUMER feedback that 60% poisons that for some flipping reason stack with mighty are too damn strong. ESO live blocks people and deletes comments if AOE Caps are brought up. I am debating starting a movement on the forums and Reddit and anywhere else I can find asking all ESO Plus members to drop their sub the day this patch hits live. Logic and reason can't prevail, so hit them in their pocketbooks and maybe they'll start listening.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People just need to come to a realization that this game is going to get no better than it already is. Heck in a lot of ways it has taken leaps and bounds backwards. I was once passionate and full of hope but the lack of communication and down right disrespect from everyone at ZOS has got to be to much for me. I still check the forums for the slightest hint of improvement for a game I once loved but I have no hope.
    Edited by MikeB on May 21, 2016 5:50AM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half of those issues are being worked on. Compared from what ESO was at launch to what it is now is amazing in the short time frame.
    The devs listen to the community and provide updates based on the feedback etc. Stop acting like an arrogant child. Most people just jump the bandwagon and start hating for no apparent reason, if anything ESO is on an upwards climb and has been since Rich Lambert took over honestly.
    #MOREORBS
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    53914370-a3d4-11e3-9b03-a5ff66e534f3_BillMurrayFistpump.gif

THIS!!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The most recent ESO Live was maybe the most insulting thing ZOS has ever produced. The lack of competency, understanding, communication... I've reached my limit. And I advocate on these forums for measured and helpful response. But @Wrobel actually suggested a Stam sorc tank focusing on crit?.... WHAT? Their own tester got melted by a poison that hit for 17k! The look on @Wrobel 's face when he saw that death recap after downplaying the near unanimous CONSUMER feedback that 60% poisons that for some flipping reason stack with mighty are too damn strong. ESO live blocks people and deletes comments if AOE Caps are brought up. I am debating starting a movement on the forums and Reddit and anywhere else I can find asking all ESO Plus members to drop their sub the day this patch hits live. Logic and reason can't prevail, so hit them in their pocketbooks and maybe they'll start listening.

Just to be clear, the 60% resource sapping poison didn't matter when he got killed by the damage poison plus rest of the attack, right?

I mean, if on one hand poisons just kill you, the 60% is irrelevant, right?
    or does your corpse get too tired?

IMO the ESO live was interesting, entertaining and informative.

Just wish i had remembered to ask about pets.

YMMV
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear some of the things you're asking for fixes for others don't see as broken and calling out developers saying they don't know what they're doing is rude.

If it's all so easy please post all of the balance changes for us which will appease every member of the community, tell us how to fix lag and show examples of it working, explain the alternate RNG systems etc.

It's fine sitting at your PC miles away from a development studio and screaming "FIX THE GAME!!!" but unless you know the magic code to make all of these problems go away and make every member of the community happy at once it might be worth having some consideration for those who are working hard on this already.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People believe "Tough Love" is what gets points across. But a place like this?

797286b0dfa271e179da4dbf4f33d0bd.jpg
    Edited by ArchMikem on May 21, 2016 6:36AM
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • attackjet
    attackjet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lot of things are wrong IMO.

Arenas a battlegrounds are like, the only good thing I saw (which will in turn fix PvP lag)

Otherwise just a bunch of complaining and wanting the game to be easy.

Oh my god and class balance! You scream, but the simple mention of a new class and you and fifty other people will say no simply because you don't want to see anything new

Sorcs obviously need a fix, and they are getting it.
  • attackjet
    attackjet
    ✭✭✭✭
    MikeB wrote: »
    People just need to come to a realization that this game is going to get no better than it already is. Heck in a lot of ways it has taken leaps and bounds backwards. I was once passionate and full of hope but the lack of communication and down right disrespect from everyone at ZOS has got to be to much for me. I still check the forums for the slightest hint of improvement for a game I once loved but I have no hope.

Then don't play the game.

This is there job, they do this everyday and are on the forums everyday.

Your the one being disrespectful

Don't like the game? don't play
  • attackjet
    attackjet
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, no one is going to join you xD

Sad to see people hate on the creators of a game that they play.

You're wasting your time and every one else's

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree with you in general, I do believe that true class balance is never achievable without absolute homogenization of the classes. There would always be someone crying. That is why I rolled one of every eight possible variant of classes. That be said, yes class balance here still should be improved but there would still be complainers.
    One more thing I don't agree with is better chance to get items like Kuta, Roe, Nirncrux, etc. As it is, there is not much you can do after piling millions of gold. This would destroy the market.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To break this down more than my previous post.
    - Fixed PVP bugs-
    AFAIK being worked on. Helping report specific bugs which are of concern with video and informed feedback helps.
    - Fixed PVP AOE caps
    This isn't broken, it's the game design choice they made, if you don't like it that's not their problem to fix.
    - Fixed overall RNG
    What part of it is broken specifically that needs fixing? Is it that you've had bad luck with RNG (as your vMSA thread) or there is an actual bug with the system.
    Write a constructive guide on how you think this could be implemented weighing out the pros and cons.
    - Someone who is competent in class balancing, because [someone] clearly has no clue what the hell is doing.
    Please list all the correct balancing choices which appease every member of the community, if there is anything people don't like then you'll have no clue what the hell you're doing.
    Being worked on, and as above.
    All PvP sets just got scaled as well as SO ones, seems this is happening but taking time due to balance passes on each set.
    There was a discussion about this on ESO Live last night, if you have exact numbers and examples of how these effect all game styles and where the issues are post them so they can see the feedback.

- Better overall RNG.
    Once again what's the issue with the RNG which needs improving or is it you've had personal bad experience with it? Suggest ways in which it can be improved if you have them.
    What are the problems with support and what issues have not been addressed. For myself personally I have never had a support ticket which wasn't resolved in a way which I was happy with (this has included free game time, crowns returns, lost item returns, achievements granted etc.)
    Just because you don't care about something doesn't mean the entire community doesn't. They also spend long segments doing Q&A answering questions and talking about concerns. Repeated questions spammed in chat "AoE CAPS!" doesn't need talking about again if the answers are already available.
    These seem to have a good drop rate right now. They're the only materials in the game not sold in stacks of 200 meaning they're hitting a good level of drop/consume.
    Multiple threads and Developer comments made about this already. ESO doesn't and won't be using an AH system from other MMO games. Once again this is the design descison they have gone with, it's not on them to make the game to your personal tastes.
    - Player housing
    In development for release this year.
    - Player barbershops
    - A proper testing team that actually tests out content, before it reaches PTS or even live.
    This is already in place, testers can't be perfect and find every issue and that's why we as players are invited to the PTS.
    - Player feedback to actually be listened to from PTS testing, and no put things on live that were never in the PTS (cough Thieves Guild update cough)
    They are listening and making changes comments regarding some issues, there are plenty of developer posts this last month showing this.
    This again seems to be a perference that you desire, there is no mass campaign or outrage over the current system meaning a majority of players are happy.
    Being developed, no ETA currently.
    - Proper attire for female character models, that fit to their figures appropriately. Less bloating please.
    There have already been some changes in this regard. Continue posting pictures and examples of where it's happening so the art team can work on them.
    - Skills in PVP having their effects behaving differently than they would in PVE. And vice-versa.
    This isn't a design choice they want. They want you to know how a skill performs and have it perform in the way expected no matter what type of content you're doing. Again this is their design descion and not on them to appears your desires.
    Seems to be in progress. SO has been updated for DB release.
    - A difficulty slider
    Once again a majority of the community seem happy with how the game is right now. They may add additional changes in future to add harder modes but that's for them to decide if it's worth the development time.
    I'm sure I missed out a lot of things, but I am pretty damn sure that the things I listed would actually happen? You'd have a LOT more happy players overall, less complaints on the forums, and more gratitude and support from your player base. Because clearly, what you've been doing is making many of us long-time players hate you. And while you may be luring in new players who are not aware of the things in store, they'll soon find out about it — and then leave too. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_DaryaK @Wrobel @ZOS_ChrisStrasz @ZOS_ChrisH

They have a lot of happy players. You have to remeber that the forums are the biggest outlet for the unhappy ones whilst most of the player community don't care about any of the above and just play the game each night happily.

You're frustrated and passionate about the game, that's fine but just making a post and demanding a bunch of changes doesn't do anything to help those happen. All it does is give you an outlet for your frustrations. Also everything you wrote already has a dedicated thread about it, why not post in those with feedback and ideas which will help the developers understand the issues rather than making broad demands without any insight.

Edited to reflect change in quoted content
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 21, 2016 3:47PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First and foremost, I wanted to say peace and love to all of the gamers who make up the ESO community. Much love and respect to you all. Whether you be newbie, elite, ganker, etc. Much love to you. Your contributions have help make ESO's community a pretty chill, and fun environment. And I personally appreciate it. And please understand that everything I'm about to say in this thread comes from a good mind, and with good intentions. These words come from a good place, and has the intention(s) in mind to make things better by casting light on things that people are intentionally turning a blind-eye to...

Now that that's out of the way, let's get straight to it...

Since you (ZOS) act like you don't get it, I'm going to break it down for you and make things real clear an obvious. You act like you don't see the numerous important questions people are asking in your We Are ESO Live streams, which are often repeated by different people. Let me list all the stuff that you pretend to act like you can't see, and ignore. These are some of the things we (your consumers want):
    - Fixed PVP lag
    - Fixed PVP bugs
    - Fixed PVP AOE caps
    - Fixed overall RNG
    - Better overall RNG.
    - Player housing
    - Player barbershops
    - A difficulty slider

Let me say something...

they.

don't .

care.

Edited to reflect change in quoted content
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 21, 2016 3:46PM
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    attackjet wrote: »

I dont play and haven't, along with everyone I know, in a while. Its the worst MMO I've had the displeasure to play. Luckily I got it for free. I don't recall saying I respect anyone, professionally of course, at ZOS.
    Edited by MikeB on May 21, 2016 9:00AM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    attackjet wrote: »

I dont play and haven't, along with everyone I know, in a while. Its the worst MMO I've had the displeasure to play. Luckily I got it for free. I don't recall saying I respect anyone, professionally of course, at ZOS.

As a subscriber, let me say a big "take a hike" to all you freeloaders out there. Seriously, you played the game FOR FREE and still think you get to diss it? At least I FREAKING PAY FOR IT. And if you think the free game you played is the worst MMO out there, boy you haven't been around much, have you?

PS - This is in no way a defense of ZOS, the game has serious issues, I just have a thing against freeloaders, and entitled ones at that.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me naive but I believe that they do care to some extent, both from a business point of view and from the pleasure derived from the creation of what is an evolving community and an evolving world.... (in game).

While I agree with many of the points you guys are bringing up - I don't think they don't care.... you gotta remember, even people that care take wrong decisions, make mistakes and have egos... and will always have views that clash with someone's or others.....

I know stuff needs improvement and in some cases fixing - I do agree....

(hides)....