Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Time for Radiant Destruction to be nerfed

• Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that sorcs have been nerfed, on to the next !!!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Sounomi wrote: »
    Wonder what version of the game the guy that made that video was playing. In the version I play, RD hits like a wet noodle til it hits execute range.

Meanwhile we got skills like Focused Aim doing 10k+ damage per hit. Why aren't people complaining about that instead? At least with RD, you have time to react if it somehow actually hurts you outside of execute range.

Focused Aim has a cast time and is dodgeable and reflectable. Radiant Destruction is a channel that connects with the target instantly, can't be dodged, and can't be reflected.

Sounds like stam builds and DKs are great against snipe, and magicka builds and templars/nb are fantastic against jesus beam. It's almost like there are different strengths and weaknesses to builds and classes, how bizarre.

I know right. It's not like dodge is the only legitimate and reasonable counter in ESO.

And I'm not exactly sure why special arrangements need to be made for people who focus their entire build into melee (and presumably dodge as a defensive mechanic) so they can knowingly not slot venom arrow/crushing shock and yet still instantly interrupt Radiant Destruction. "Balance" and "fair"? Hardly. It's all about what is convenient for people's narrowly focused mix/max build.

If the templar is too far away to interrupt via melee build that willfully discarded any ranged capabilities, simply move away from the immobile attacker and that puts an end to the Jesus Beaming.
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Nerf Crit Rush! :P

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.

There

https://youtu.be/em46ajNfuTU

@Jules productions

Thank you for posting this. It's been a while since I've seen it. Gives me a good laugh at all the Templars still up in arms defending this stupidly designed skill. :mrgreen:

Well... Execute and Killer's Blade in the video show also how something else is completely broken. ;)
    Edited by Helluin on May 18, 2016 5:12PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »
    Nerf Crit Rush! :P

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.

There

https://youtu.be/em46ajNfuTU

@Jules productions

Thank you for posting this. It's been a while since I've seen it. Gives me a good laugh at all the Templars still up in arms defending this stupidly designed skill. :mrgreen:

Well... Execute and Killer's Blade in the video show also how something else is completely broken. ;)

this.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The usual suspects have tried to buy a nerf from wrobel using multiple (bogus) reasons over the past month. At the very least, can you be consistent in pretending about what's broken with Jesus beam? First it was the damage, then the execute threshold, then the range, then back to the damage ... now the range again, FFS just pick one unsubstantiated talking point and stick to it.

I find it both hilarious and desperate that people claim Jesus beam needs to be in gap closer range. These were the SAME people that only a few days ago were claiming Jesus beam prevents 1vX because you can't target the Templar with an interrupt. If you couldn't target the glowing Templar with a bright laser honed onto their position then, and you argued so strongly against that being feasible, how are you suddenly going to gap close to them? If you couldn't target them in your last BS arguments, what's so different now?

Your arguments are BS, and you get frustrated that people call you out on them, we get it. You want to be able dodge roll and have that cover all of your defensive bases, we get it. You want to be supreme in melee range, and have strong counters to the few remaining ranged threats without having to slot poison arrow, we get it. If you can target for a gap closer, you can target for a ranged interrupt. You just don't want to equip a bow or slot poison arrow, FFS just admit it already and stop BSing everyone.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfing RD is BS, its impossible to kill a person with it even at 75% health,,the only way it can is said person is just standing there and not doing anything. A sorc just need to put on a shield and Rd has to burn through that meanwhile the sorc can just streak away, a NB just need to cloak and RD is rendered useless, a templar can just throw a javelin and interrupt it, a DK has stone fist. There are many ways to counter it so no nerfs need to apply to it :#
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »
    Wonder what version of the game the guy that made that video was playing. In the version I play, RD hits like a wet noodle til it hits execute range.

Meanwhile we got skills like Focused Aim doing 10k+ damage per hit. Why aren't people complaining about that instead? At least with RD, you have time to react if it somehow actually hurts you outside of execute range.

Focused Aim has a cast time and is dodgeable and reflectable. Radiant Destruction is a channel that connects with the target instantly, can't be dodged, and can't be reflected.

Sounds like stam builds and DKs are great against snipe, and magicka builds and templars/nb are fantastic against jesus beam. It's almost like there are different strengths and weaknesses to builds and classes, how bizarre.

I know right. It's not like dodge is the only legitimate and reasonable counter in ESO.

And I'm not exactly sure why special arrangements need to be made for people who focus their entire build into melee (and presumably dodge as a defensive mechanic) so they can knowingly not slot venom arrow/crushing shock and yet still instantly interrupt Radiant Destruction. "Balance" and "fair"? Hardly. It's all about what is convenient for people's narrowly focused mix/max build.

If the templar is too far away to interrupt via melee build that willfully discarded any ranged capabilities, simply move away from the immobile attacker and that puts an end to the Jesus Beaming.

Currently working on a 2hand stam DK build. I'm already dreading not including bow in my setup lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »
    It has been nerfed. 4x already in fact if you go back to it's beginnings.

They first nerfed the scaling from 50 to 0% health.
    Then they nerfed the above 50% health damage.
    Then they nerfed the damage bonus from magicka % from 40% to 20%
    Then it became dodgeable <- effectively killed the skill. No one used it anymore.

Thankfully they fixed the dodgeable bug.

No one complained about it until it was undodgeable. So what this is, what it always has been since TG, is dodge-heavy build wanting to be able to dodge everything without having to invest any points/skills elsewhere in order to counter the counter.

Well...too bad. Every day I see great players who have clearly learned how to counter this skill with Purge, Cloak, Block, LoS, heals etc...and they don't complain. Instead they have adapted and are still great, and can still kill. They know the weaknesses of the skill and exploit them very, very efficiently.

You guys who are calling for (endless) nerfs should try doing the same.

clqjio6sgg9a.png

Learn how to death-recap yo. If you had 1k health left when that jesus beam was put on you and you get hit for 19k, that means you were hit by an execute while in execute range, not that the skill needs to be nerfed. Again, all of these screenshots are garbage, if you want to actually be taken seriously then post a clip of the fight showing us where the OP jesus beam touched you, and then hit C after you rez up so we can see your character stats and confirm you're not on a terribad build.

im more impressed by seeing malubeth in the recap
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I guess you missed the part where the director of eso said they looked at it and like where the skill is. He said it's meant to be strong. You could block though.

So the same company that's creating poisons that increase ability cost by 60% thinks Radiant Destruction is balanced? Seems about right.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    his friends beat on you until you die.

So what killed you?

Trying to block and wait out a radiant while in a small scale group v group scenario instead of aggressing on the Templar. Read the post I was replying to... I was point out how unrealistic blocking a channeled beam ability is.
    Edited by KenaPKK on May 18, 2016 10:46PM
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So what killed you?

Trying to block and wait out a radiant while in a small scale group v group scenario instead of aggressing on the Templar. Read the post I was replying to... I was point out how unrealistic blocking a channeled beam ability is.

You complained last week about not being able to target the templar at all - hence why it was 'destroying 1vX and small group fights' to paraphrase. Now you argue that if only RD was brought into gap closer range everything would be gravy, except ... you still need to target the templar to gap close. Either you can't target the templar (what you previously argued) in which case reducing the range does nothing whatsoever, or you can target the templar and you just don't want to have to have bow on your back bar and slot venom arrow.

The inconsistencies in the 'nerf jesus beam' posts are mind-boggling.

And no, no one is saying you block the entire duration of jesus beam, try not to be ridiculous. You block when you're low on health to pop a heal or get healed by an ally and then re-engage when you're at high health and jesus beam is no longer a threat.
    Edited by Zheg on May 18, 2016 11:09PM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

LOL

Well my timing is wrong i gave up of my mage and started a Templar and right away another NERF NERF NERF crying geesss...

Can we all just get the same one skill one stick and same ability in PVP ?

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

LOL

Well my timing is wrong i gave up of my mage and started a Templar and right away another NERF NERF NERF crying geesss...

Can we all just get the same one skill one stick and same ability in PVP ?

So, that's why I rarely see any sorc for my kill quest. :|

Templar is a good class!
    The only class that can butcher these dodge roll lovers and speed hack/ shuffle exploiters with RD.
    Edited by Van_0S on May 18, 2016 11:29PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I guess you missed the part where the director of eso said they looked at it and like where the skill is. He said it's meant to be strong. You could block though.

So the same company that's creating poisons that increase ability cost by 60% thinks Radiant Destruction is balanced? Seems about right.

calm down with the poisons already. It is a play TEST server. it has been this way for one week. im sure they are just testing it out. i have not seen any positive feedback on that change so im sure it will be reverted. I point to stam shield going as a reminder that this time is meant for testing.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14e9wf.jpg
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Now now, no proof that RD is OP allowed. Otherwise the forumplars will start whining in order to protect their OP move ;-)
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you forget how to count? You were being beaten up by like 3 players and the radiant hit you four times over 3.5 seconds

1. 2387~ (close to full hp, immediate tick.)
    2. 3667~ (about 60% hp, tick 1 s in.)
    3. 4569~ (Started executing you at 35-40%, tick 2s in.)
    4. 9771~ (you had like no hp which means it was ALL wasted dmg. Final tick, a light attack would have killed you.)

You are calling 5k dps or less OP and completely ignoring all the other guys beating your ash at the same time. BTW that 5k dps is INCLUDING the overflow dmg. Till it killed you it was actually doing ~3500 dps. Throw up your combat log and the numbers will line up with mine I bet you.

Maybe you should watch your own video.
    Edited by AfkNinja on May 19, 2016 8:20PM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now now, no proof that RD is OP allowed. Otherwise the forumplars will start whining in order to protect their OP move ;-)

You should learn to count and stop trusting other peoples opinions. Did you even watch the video? He even slowed it down for you.... are we really calling 3500-5000 dps OP in PVP? LOL
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Proof that RD is OP or proof that the poster needs to learn to block? "I sat and ate damage, why did I die? NERF THAT SKILL!"

This video is a L2P issue. He's getting hit with dark flare and trying to heal through Jesus Beam? If you get hit with Dark Flare you should know you have major defile and are not going to be able to heal through that, so you block or interrupt. I get he may have been trying to break LOS, but he didn't quite. (You can argue with that, but that's not a RD issue, its an overall combat bug instead)

Going through the rock obviously sucks, but that's more about some of the buggy issues with the overall game. By the same logic people should be advocating to eliminate teleport strike, sap essence, swallow soul, soul assault, etc because they can hit through keep doors or even teleport people through the door. If I use snipe and someone moves out of LOS before it hits them, it still hits them. There's not a whole lot of difference. Soul assault or the monster set that steals health would have done the exact same thing as RD in this video.

I don't even have a magicka templar, its actually the ONLY character I don't have. But you constantly troll templar threads and beg for every ability to be nerfed. It is toxic and pointless. Instead of going in other threads and derailing conversation in order to troll people, how about sticking in your nightblade thread and advocate positively for the changes you want to your class? Everyone in this game should want every other class to be improved. This need for a superior class by trying to impact other classes negatively is spoiled. Not speaking to Strider, but everyone in the forums with this. If you play a templar, stick to the templar threads and offer suggestions and improvements. If you play a sorc, stick to the sorc threads and offer constructive input there. Quit demanding nerfs with faulty logic and videos that don't prove a damn thing using basic science and math. These forums, especially the PTS section, are supposed to be a place for constructive input and bug reporting. There is an entire section devoted to discussing skills and combat. Go there and quit polluting the PTS section at the least.

There are so many other issues in this game with lag, actual class issues, CP issues, item set issues, etc. Can we fix that stuff and concentrate Dev attention there instead of petulantly whining because a class has an ability you do not? I wish my stam temp or magicka DK could cloak or run away from combat, but I'm not arguing for cloak to be removed. I understand that different classes have different and distinct abilities, some that are more powerful than mine. And I am okay with that because everyone in this game has the opportunity to play any character they want and have access to any characteristics that they want as a result.

Can we close this ridiculous thread now and get back to important things (like getting killed by invisible mobs due to VMA lag)?
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 months later, I still leave open the invitation to post a video actually demonstrating Jesus beam overperforming on a well-structured build. People see a refusal to allow false, BS, and exaggerated nerf calls for the purpose of tipping the balance scales in one's favor rather than actual balance - and then confuse that with Templars wanting to hold onto a broken skill for advantage.

I have the skill on my bar <= 5% of my pvp time, provide sound evidence that it needs a nerf and I will support you. Until then, if all you have is utter garbage and misleading posts, keep quiet.
    Edited by Zheg on May 19, 2016 8:39PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Did you forget how to count? You were being beaten up by like 3 players and the radiant hit you four times over 3.5 seconds

4. 9771~ (you had like no hp which means it was ALL wasted dmg. Final tick, a light attack would have killed you.)

You are calling 5k dps or less OP and completely ignoring all the other guys beating your ash at the same time. BTW that 5k dps is INCLUDING the overflow dmg. Till it killed you it was actually doing ~3500 dps. Throw up your combat log and the numbers will line up with mine I bet you.

Maybe you should watch your own video.

You should learn to count and stop trusting other peoples opinions. Did you even watch the video? He even slowed it down for you.... are we really calling 3500-5000 dps OP in PVP? LOL

Proof that RD is OP or proof that the poster needs to learn to block? "I sat and ate damage, why did I die? NERF THAT SKILL!"

This video is a L2P issue. He's getting hit with dark flare and trying to heal through Jesus Beam? If you get hit with Dark Flare you should know you have major defile and are not going to be able to heal through that, so you block or interrupt. I get he may have been trying to break LOS, but he didn't quite. (You can argue with that, but that's not a RD issue, its an overall combat bug instead)

Going through the rock obviously sucks, but that's more about some of the buggy issues with the overall game. By the same logic people should be advocating to eliminate teleport strike, sap essence, swallow soul, soul assault, etc because they can hit through keep doors or even teleport people through the door. If I use snipe and someone moves out of LOS before it hits them, it still hits them. There's not a whole lot of difference. Soul assault or the monster set that steals health would have done the exact same thing as RD in this video.

I don't even have a magicka templar, its actually the ONLY character I don't have. But you constantly troll templar threads and beg for every ability to be nerfed. It is toxic and pointless. Instead of going in other threads and derailing conversation in order to troll people, how about sticking in your nightblade thread and advocate positively for the changes you want to your class? Everyone in this game should want every other class to be improved. This need for a superior class by trying to impact other classes negatively is spoiled. Not speaking to Strider, but everyone in the forums with this. If you play a templar, stick to the templar threads and offer suggestions and improvements. If you play a sorc, stick to the sorc threads and offer constructive input there. Quit demanding nerfs with faulty logic and videos that don't prove a damn thing using basic science and math. These forums, especially the PTS section, are supposed to be a place for constructive input and bug reporting. There is an entire section devoted to discussing skills and combat. Go there and quit polluting the PTS section at the least.

There are so many other issues in this game with lag, actual class issues, CP issues, item set issues, etc. Can we fix that stuff and concentrate Dev attention there instead of petulantly whining because a class has an ability you do not? I wish my stam temp or magicka DK could cloak or run away from combat, but I'm not arguing for cloak to be removed. I understand that different classes have different and distinct abilities, some that are more powerful than mine. And I am okay with that because everyone in this game has the opportunity to play any character they want and have access to any characteristics that they want as a result.

Can we close this ridiculous thread now and get back to important things (like getting killed by invisible mobs due to VMA lag)?

all of this :)
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AfkNinja @SwaminoNowlino @Zheg @bowmanz607
    You all are kidding, right? The video is an obvious joke, how RD keeps ticking even when the caster is DEAD, due to some crazy bug. I think some of you really need to chill down a bit
    Edited by SanTii.92 on May 19, 2016 9:23PM

• AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all are kidding, right? The video is an obvious joke, how RD keeps ticking even when the caster is DEAD, due to some crazy bug. I think some of you really need to chill down a bit

If it's a joke maybe you should have said so? lol. These threads pop up every stinking day and the evidence gets worse every time, how do you expect people to react? I don't even play magplar but I am sick of reading about jbeam.

Edit: Strider thought it was serious too! LOL
    Edited by AfkNinja on May 19, 2016 9:44PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If it's a joke maybe you should have said so? lol. These threads pop up every stinking day and the evidence gets worse every time, how do you expect people to react? I don't even play magplar but I am sick of reading about jbeam.

I know it's comedic purpose. However, your selfishness refuses to acknowledge how OP this move is. As a magic templar you only need to get your opponent to half health, and your RD vaporizes them. Templars as a whole are OP. Strongest heals, a class reflect, your defense buff gives you minor protection as well, your HoT also damages your opponents for the same amount, and snares them, you have a class purge, the most powerful execute, the strongest range attack, and your jabs hits like a freaking truck against a single target while doing AoE damage on top of it, and the majority of your attacks double dip from the champion tree. Templars are in need of a nerf across the board.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's comedic purpose. However, your selfishness refuses to acknowledge how OP this move is. As a magic templar you only need to get your opponent to half health, and your RD vaporizes them. Templars as a whole are OP. Strongest heals, a class reflect, your defense buff gives you minor protection as well, your HoT also damages your opponents for the same amount, and snares them, you have a class purge, the most powerful execute, the strongest range attack, and your jabs hits like a freaking truck against a single target while doing AoE damage on top of it, and the majority of your attacks double dip from the champion tree. Templars are in need of a nerf across the board.

First I do not play Magic Templar, so lets get that out of the way.
    Second, my selfishness? For pointing out the skill you claim is OP is in fact not OP? Did you even read my post? The math? Taken directly from the video?

Are you seriously saying 3,500 DPS is overpowered? FOR REAL?

On to your other points as it's obvious you do not play templar.

Strongest heals: Magic Templar only, and there are counters to it, and many classes can heal just as well now with resto-staff. On stamina we are tied with DK and have no actual native class healing skill as they all scale on magic not stamina. (That means they are weak and Stamplar rely on Rally/Vigor like everyone else.)

A class reflect: Which is CC breakable and useless in PVP unless your opponent has no stamina. This claim right here shows how little you know about Templar.

your defense buff gives you minor protection as well: Only the restoring focus morph which loses out on Magic recovery. Also NB now also get both major and minor armor buffs for using cloak. ALSO you have to stand on the rune or it drops every 8 seconds.

your HoT also damages your opponents for the same amount: Every 2 seconds for a pathetic amount as stamplar. Stronger as Magplar but trust me No templar is grabbing this for PVP cause purges are better. LOL

Class purge: Yes this is our best defense left for both stamina and magic. And yet it has also been recently nerfed. (Last patch)

the most powerful execute: True at sub 30% HP, but that beam in the video averaged 3.5k DPS. Hardly gamebreaking. Also it's a DPS loss till sub 30% hp. LOL

the strongest range attack: Magic templar only, and only if you can get it to land. It gets reflected a lot.

your jabs hits like a freaking truck against a single target while doing AoE damage on top of it: The AOE dmg isn't that high and for it to even match Wrecking Blow it has to land all 4 hits AND proc burning light. Most of the time it doesn't which is why lots of Stam Templar still use WB LOL.

Templars are in need of a nerf across the board: Yea no. Templar are JUST now getting to a place of relative strength. Also Jbeam has already been nerfed like 4 times. THe truth is people are not used to Templar being an actual challenge and they don't like it.

Do you have any real evidence or are you just going off a feeling again? Or trusting your "friend" who told you "Templar are totes OP Bro". You have no concept of the class at all, maybe you should play it for awhile before calling for nerfs and spamming the forums with bad information.

P.S.

At 50% HP it hits about 3500-4500 which is less than pretty much all instant cast skills that DON'T leave you completely vulnerable. Learn to counter it like everyone else.
    Edited by AfkNinja on May 19, 2016 10:37PM
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

First I do not play Magic Templar, so lets get that out of the way.
    Second, my selfishness? For pointing out the skill you claim is OP is in fact not OP? Did you even read my post? The math? Taken directly from the video?

Are you seriously saying 3,500 DPS is overpowered? FOR REAL?

On to your other points as it's obvious you do not play templar.

Strongest heals: Magic Templar only, and there are counters to it, and many classes can heal just as well now with resto-staff. On stamina we are tied with DK and have no actual native class healing skill as they all scale on magic not stamina. (That means they are weak and Stamplar rely on Rally/Vigor like everyone else.)

A class reflect: Which is CC breakable and useless in PVP unless your opponent has no stamina. This claim right here shows how little you know about Templar.

your defense buff gives you minor protection as well: Only the restoring focus morph which loses out on Magic recovery. Also NB now also get both major and minor armor buffs for using cloak. ALSO you have to stand on the rune or it drops every 8 seconds.

your HoT also damages your opponents for the same amount: Every 2 seconds for a pathetic amount as stamplar. Stronger as Magplar but trust me No templar is grabbing this for PVP cause purges are better. LOL

Class purge: Yes this is our best defense left for both stamina and magic. And yet it has also been recently nerfed. (Last patch)

the most powerful execute: True at sub 30% HP, but that beam in the video averaged 3.5k DPS. Hardly gamebreaking. Also it's a DPS loss till sub 30% hp. LOL

the strongest range attack: Magic templar only, and only if you can get it to land. It gets reflected a lot.

your jabs hits like a freaking truck against a single target while doing AoE damage on top of it: The AOE dmg isn't that high and for it to even match Wrecking Blow it has to land all 4 hits AND proc burning light. Most of the time it doesn't which is why lots of Stam Templar still use WB LOL.

Templars are in need of a nerf across the board: Yea no. Templar are JUST now getting to a place of relative strength. Also Jbeam has already been nerfed like 4 times. THe truth is people are not used to Templar being an actual challenge and they don't like it.

Do you have any real evidence or are you just going off a feeling again? Or trusting your "friend" who told you "Templar are totes OP Bro". You have no concept of the class at all, maybe you should play it for awhile before calling for nerfs and spamming the forums with bad information.

P.S.

At 50% HP it hits about 3500-4500 which is less than pretty much all instant cast skills that DON'T leave you completely vulnerable. Learn to counter it like everyone else.

Can you leave at least a LITTLE bit of the BS for me to correct? Jeez, no need to be so greedy.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars as a whole are OP. Strongest heals, a class reflect, your defense buff gives you minor protection as well, your HoT also damages your opponents for the same amount, and snares them, you have a class purge, the most powerful execute, the strongest range attack, and your jabs hits like a freaking truck against a single target while doing AoE damage on top of it, and the majority of your attacks double dip from the champion tree. Templars are in need of a nerf across the board.

@AfkNinja pretty much said it all. But I would suggest that you roll a Templar for yourself and see what you can and cannot do. I say this because it will help you to make better arguments rather than make irrational ones like you did above.

First off, Magicka Templar heals are strong. They always have been. It's part of our identity as a class. And it was nerfed recently. Breath of life only hits for one secondary heal rather than two. It has also been further nerfed with this upcoming patch. Breath of life is now affected by los. So...no more healing through walls or floors for our teammates. This is really huge, but I take it in stride because in reality, it is a good change. I will adapt.

Secondly....class reflect? /cough Ummm....noone uses it, mate. It's there unmorphed and collecting dust.

Third. Defense buff. Yes, we get a defense buff when we use Rune Focus. It's the last skill in our Restoring Focus tree so it should be powerful. The buff lasts 8 secs. And will reapply if we run through it again or cast it again. Just so you know, this has also been nerfed. It used to last 18 secs. And later, though the defense buff was nerfed to 8 secs, the Magicka regen from one morph continued to last for 18 secs anyways. This...however, was changed with TG. Everything only lasts 8 secs.

Is this defense buff powerful? Yes. But it forces the Templar to stay near his little Rune Focus, or cast it again when moving. Nightblades get this buff anytime they use a skill from the Shadow Skill tree. So Nightblades can be both offensive and receive defensive buffs at the same time. Sounds nice, doesn't it. Classes are different, mate.

Fourth. A HoT that damages opponents. You are talking about the new upcoming changes to Cleansing Ritual. The new morph, Ritual of Retribution. A big hint...just for you....80% of Templars will not use this morph. Why? There is an armor set that nerfs our healing by 50% when we damage the person wearing that armor. So this person will just stand in our Ritual of Retribution and I will be healing for next to nothing. Maybe you won't wear this armor set...but someone will...and I can't just change morphs on the fly. So no thank you. I'll take the other that only snares you.

Fifth. This is getting long. So very quickly. Purge? Yes. It part of being a Templar. An powerful execute? Yes. And different from other exectues. There are pluses and minuses. Roll a Templar, mate. You'll see. Strong Range Attack? Yes. Dark Flare is strong. But it has a cast time...a very looonng cast time. And it travels soooo slow with a very high arc. Easy to refect and dodge. Roll a Templar, mate. See how many times you can get that to land when dueling or in a small group fight. And aoe attack? Your talking Sweeps. Yes it is strong. But a channel. And good players will side-step it or run through it. How about a Nightblades? Both stamina and magicka have access to instant aoe attacks. Steel Tornado? Sap Essence? Must be nice to have a very mobile aoe spell. But hey..different classes have different things.

If you really think Templars are so OP, then go roll one and see for yourself.
    Edited by maxjapank on May 19, 2016 11:43PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, are you really going to blame me because of you seeing what you wanted too see instead what I actually posted?

Look, the skill is strong, can we agree on that? It's also causing some unwarranted issues in particular situations, mainly spamers and zergs. I'm not saying it needs a nerf Per se, but maybe some tweaks. Or you honestly think it's perfectly fine as it is?

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars as a whole are OP. Strongest heals, a class reflect, your defense buff gives you minor protection as well, your HoT also damages your opponents for the same amount, and snares them, you have a class purge, the most powerful execute, the strongest range attack, and your jabs hits like a freaking truck against a single target while doing AoE damage on top of it, and the majority of your attacks double dip from the champion tree. Templars are in need of a nerf across the board.

@AfkNinja pretty much said it all. But I would suggest that you roll a Templar for yourself and see what you can and cannot do. I say this because it will help you to make better arguments rather than make irrational ones like you did above.

First off, Magicka Templar heals are strong. They always have been. It's part of our identity as a class. And it was nerfed recently. Breath of life only hits for one secondary heal rather than two. It has also been further nerfed with this upcoming patch. Breath of life is now affected by los. So...no more healing through walls or floors for our teammates. This is really huge, but I take it in stride because in reality, it is a good change. I will adapt.

Secondly....class reflect? /cough Ummm....noone uses it, mate. It's there unmorphed and collecting dust.

Third. Defense buff. Yes, we get a defense buff when we use Rune Focus. It's the last skill in our Restoring Focus tree so it should be powerful. The buff lasts 8 secs. And will reapply if we run through it again or cast it again. Just so you know, this has also been nerfed. It used to last 18 secs. And later, though the defense buff was nerfed to 8 secs, the Magicka regen from one morph continued to last for 18 secs anyways. This...however, was changed with TG. Everything only lasts 8 secs.

Is this defense buff powerful? Yes. But it forces the Templar to stay near his little Rune Focus, or cast it again when moving. Nightblades get this buff anytime they use a skill from the Shadow Skill tree. So Nightblades can be both offensive and receive defensive buffs at the same time. Sounds nice, doesn't it. Classes are different, mate.

Fourth. A HoT that damages opponents. You are talking about the new upcoming changes to Cleansing Ritual. The new morph, Ritual of Retribution. A big hint...just for you....80% of Templars will not use this morph. Why? There is an armor set that nerfs our healing by 50% when we damage the person wearing that armor. So this person will just stand in our Ritual of Retribution and I will be healing for next to nothing. Maybe you won't wear this armor set...but someone will...and I can't just change morphs on the fly. So no thank you. I'll take the other that only snares you.

Fifth. This is getting long. So very quickly. Purge? Yes. It part of being a Templar. An powerful execute? Yes. And different from other exectues. There are pluses and minuses. Roll a Templar, mate. You'll see. Strong Range Attack? Yes. Dark Flare is strong. But it has a cast time...a very looonng cast time. And it travels soooo slow with a very high arc. Easy to refect and dodge. Roll a Templar, mate. See how many times you can get that to land when dueling or in a small group fight. And aoe attack? Your talking Sweeps. Yes it is strong. But a channel. And good players will side-step it or run through it. How about a Nightblades? Both stamina and magicka have access to instant aoe attacks. Steel Tornado? Sap Essence? Must be nice to have a very mobile aoe spell. But hey..different classes have different things.

If you really think Templars are so OP, then go roll one and see for yourself.

Agree, what he said and @AfkNinja .

The problem is these guys watch these streamers like sypher and frengrush!
    So, those guys never play a templar.
    If those streamers could play a templar then these guys will understand!