Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Time for Radiant Destruction to be nerfed

• Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Destruction's damage model is fine -- its a channel execute that costs a ton of magic and is interruptible.
    The only issue that people should have with the skill is the fact that its range is so large. 41 meters!!

A lot of people have agreed in this particular thread that RD does more damage than all the other executes. Yet RD is not dodgable and has the largest range. While the other executes can all be dodges and require you to be in what some might call "the danger zone."

The main issue with the having that sort of range is that it nullifies a lot counters someone can pull off. For instance on a stam dk. Your only option to counter RD is to LoS or interrupt. Interrupting is not an option because the caster is well out of Gap closer range so youre left to LoS. The issue with LoS being the only method of countering RD is that it doesn't work like it should. If this game had CSGO level netcode then sure, LoS would be a very practical means to counter RD but unfortunately we have to deal with ping rate varying from 70-9999

As it stands though RD is over-performing heavily compared to the other executes and thats the issue at hand.

A simple fix that would make this skill more practical in the pvp environment that we are given would be to reduce the range to 18 meters. Where every class has the opportunity to counter it.

All these forumplars still get their undodgeable spammable skill that does a *** ton of damage to use when mashing BoL gets tiring for them and everyone else gets to enjoy a more balanced magtemp execute where they have the option to outplay their opponent.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inig0 wrote: »
    Radiant Destruction's damage model is fine -- its a channel execute that costs a ton of magic and is interruptible.
    The only issue that people should have with the skill is the fact that its range is so large. 41 meters!!

A lot of people have agreed in this particular thread that RD does more damage than all the other executes. Yet RD is not dodgable and has the largest range. While the other executes can all be dodges and require you to be in what some might call "the danger zone."

The main issue with the having that sort of range is that it nullifies a lot counters someone can pull off. For instance on a stam dk. Your only option to counter RD is to LoS or interrupt. Interrupting is not an option because the caster is well out of Gap closer range so youre left to LoS. The issue with LoS being the only method of countering RD is that it doesn't work like it should. If this game had CSGO level netcode then sure, LoS would be a very practical means to counter RD but unfortunately we have to deal with ping rate varying from 70-9999

As it stands though RD is over-performing heavily compared to the other executes and thats the issue at hand.

A simple fix that would make this skill more practical in the pvp environment that we are given would be to reduce the range to 18 meters. Where every class has the opportunity to counter it.

All these forumplars still get their undodgeable spammable skill that does a *** ton of damage to use when mashing BoL gets tiring for them and everyone else gets to enjoy a more balanced magtemp execute where they have the option to outplay their opponent.

(pssst... The base range is 28m, not 41. Sorc execute also has the same exact range, so you're wrong on that too)

All these forumplars and their insistence on facts instead of hysteria and cherry picked numbers! Jeez, they need to stop being so logical!
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

(pssst... The base range is 28m, not 41. Sorc execute also has the same exact range, so you're wrong on that too)

All these forumplars and their insistence on facts instead of hysteria and cherry picked numbers! Jeez, they need to stop being so logical!

(psssst... thats still out of gap closer range thanks for strengthening my argument) (Sorc execute has a reasonable counter)

All these forumplars and their insistence for keeping an over-performing skill that has been overwhelming agreed to be broken. Jeez.
    In game - @Inig0
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Nerf Crit Rush! :P

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.

There

https://youtu.be/em46ajNfuTU

@Jules productions

lol its so OP, Vicious Death plus Radiant Destruction is crazy.

Vicious death is useless for a templar!
    VD doesn't proc for RD because everyone can see unless they are blind. XD
    Edited by Van_0S on May 17, 2016 8:59PM
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

(psssst... thats still out of gap closer range thanks for strengthening my argument) (Sorc execute has a reasonable counter)

All these forumplars and their insistence for keeping an over-performing skill that has been overwhelming agreed to be broken. Jeez.

If im in execute range, I block, heal, and cleanse. The counters for me for sorc execute and Jesus beam are the exact same, though I have additional options for Jesus beam (LoS, stun, interrupt, break the max range) should the opportunity present itself. Different classes and different playstyles have varying difficulty with the skill, easier for some and harder for others. That seems intentional, and balanced to me.

The range difference between a gap closer and Jesus beam max range is literally a single dodge roll forward. One. If the complaint is about the alliance war passive increasing range near keeps, you have plenty of LoS opportunities inside if you're positioning yourself correctly.

I'd actually be ok with the range dropping to 27, just below the passive that extends it, just above the gap closer range. Most of the complaints and 'balance' recommendations have been hilarious.
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭

If im in execute range, I block, heal, and cleanse. The counters for me for sorc execute and Jesus beam are the exact same, though I have additional options for Jesus beam (LoS, stun, interrupt, break the max range) should the opportunity present itself. Different classes and different playstyles have varying difficulty with the skill, easier for some and harder for others. That seems intentional, and balanced to me.

The range difference between a gap closer and Jesus beam max range is literally a single dodge roll forward. One. If the complaint is about the alliance war passive increasing range near keeps, you have plenty of LoS opportunities inside if you're positioning yourself correctly.

I'd actually be ok with the range dropping to 27, just below the passive that extends it, just above the gap closer range. Most of the complaints and 'balance' recommendations have been hilarious.

Comparing RD to the sorc execute is whats most hilarious. Regardless of what you're playing -- if someone kills you with sorc execute by timing all their burst they deserve that kill. Whereas getting a kill with RD doesnt require much planning or skill to accomplish. When you say its just a dodge roll away from gap closer range is just wrong based on reliability of gap closers and the fact that RD also snares you which makes the argument of being able to interrupt still not very strong and definitely not a reasonable counter.

Even if the complaint was about the alliance war passive the amount of open area thats affected by the passive to the amount of area where there is usable LoS is far more in the favor of open space.. So advocating LoS in a mostly open area is ineffective.

Finally you give me some sustenance instead of being condescending. Bringing RD down to 27 would be nice i guess but it wouldn't do anything because REACH affects skills above 15 meter ranges. Thats why the suggestion has been to bring it to 18 meters which is in line with impale's range. Another very hard hitting mag based execute. Bringing RD down to 18 is what i really want to talk about.

I know youll be tempted to bring sorc execute back into this but one thing youre arent considering which you should be is that endless fury/ mages wraith is arguably the lowest hitting execute in the game allowing its range to be so high is warranted because there is no kill potential until at a very specific amount of health.

Surely you could understand that based on the amount of people from all sorts of backgrounds preposing a change to this might be onto something. Surely a change to this skill is warranted.
    In game - @Inig0
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Comparing RD to the sorc execute is whats most hilarious. Regardless of what you're playing -- if someone kills you with sorc execute by timing all their burst they deserve that kill. Whereas getting a kill with RD doesnt require much planning or skill to accomplish. When you say its just a dodge roll away from gap closer range is just wrong based on reliability of gap closers and the fact that RD also snares you which makes the argument of being able to interrupt still not very strong and definitely not a reasonable counter.

Even if the complaint was about the alliance war passive the amount of open area thats affected by the passive to the amount of area where there is usable LoS is far more in the favor of open space.. So advocating LoS in a mostly open area is ineffective.

Finally you give me some sustenance instead of being condescending. Bringing RD down to 27 would be nice i guess but it wouldn't do anything because REACH affects skills above 15 meter ranges. Thats why the suggestion has been to bring it to 18 meters which is in line with impale's range. Another very hard hitting mag based execute. Bringing RD down to 18 is what i really want to talk about.

I know youll be tempted to bring sorc execute back into this but one thing youre arent considering which you should be is that endless fury/ mages wraith is arguably the lowest hitting execute in the game allowing its range to be so high is warranted because there is no kill potential until at a very specific amount of health.

Surely you could understand that based on the amount of people from all sorts of backgrounds preposing a change to this might be onto something. Surely a change to this skill is warranted.

The problem is magicka templars lack mobility and there passives are ***.
    So, RD overcome these problems for a Magplar.
  • KennanTheCold
    KennanTheCold
    ✭✭✭
    "(psssst... thats still out of gap closer range thanks for strengthening my argument) (Sorc execute has a reasonable counter)

All these forumplars and their insistence for keeping an over-performing skill that has been overwhelming agreed to be broken. Jeez"

If your getting RD'd out of gap close range, an for some reason cant do something, anything to counter the RD I suggest taking a few steps back, you'll be out the max range for RD.

Edit: BBcode still eludes me
    Edited by KennanTheCold on May 17, 2016 10:36PM
    Kennan Freesword
    Adielle Freesword
    Kennan Freesword Jr
    Noble Freesword
    Tara Freesword
    Bruce Freesword
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    radiant is stupid ....obnoxious....senseless i could go on

the only good thing is if you catch the son of a ***** who's doing it and bash him ...... he's in trouble

leave it as it is just reduce the damage it does out of execute range ....significantly
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    leave it as it is just reduce the damage it does out of execute range ....significantly

The damage out of execute range is pretty low. Do you play a Templar? If you did, you'd know that. And you would use Javenlin, Shards, Dark Flare, Sweeps, and Toppling Charge instead.

The only time I use Radiant on someone at full health is when I miss target someone at execute range. And I'm like, "Damn! Just lost my kill." And now I have to quickly block cancel so I don't get interrupted or waste time tickling a full health enemy.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regardless of what you're playing -- if someone kills you with sorc execute by timing all their burst they deserve that kill. Whereas getting a kill with RD doesnt require much planning or skill to accomplish.

You are so wrong about that. Getting a kill with Radiant requires timing and often requires that the target be cc'd. Lots of players have gotten really good at countering Radiant. And I'm not going to risk getting bashed or interrupted.
    Thats why the suggestion has been to bring it to 18 meters which is in line with impale's range. Another very hard hitting mag based execute. Bringing RD down to 18 is what i really want to talk about.

Impale is instant. And allows the NB to be very mobile. Very easy for the NB to get within range when need be and out of range as well. And they get increased speed when cloaked. You're not looking at the bigger picture.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, stop with the arguments that o your for keeping it because you are that class. It is an over played and underwhelming argument that is just dumb. It accomplishes nothing. Hexk, most players plague multiple classes at this point in the games life. Try making real arguments.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys can debateasily this all day, bottom line is that zos has states they like where the ability is at. This ability does cap when not 8n execute range. Below 50 it hits decent. Below 25 it hits like a truck like it should. In practice, when below 25 it doesn't matter if it hits for 30k or 10k like 9ther executes. Most players have 5k health left at that point. Of course, the masses simply see a death recap that shows a large tick and yells nerf. Get over yourself.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Regardless of what you're playing -- if someone kills you with sorc execute by timing all their burst they deserve that kill. Whereas getting a kill with RD doesnt require much planning or skill to accomplish.

You are so wrong about that. Getting a kill with Radiant requires timing and often requires that the target be cc'd. Lots of players have gotten really good at countering Radiant. And I'm not going to risk getting bashed or interrupted.
    Thats why the suggestion has been to bring it to 18 meters which is in line with impale's range. Another very hard hitting mag based execute. Bringing RD down to 18 is what i really want to talk about.

Impale is instant. And allows the NB to be very mobile. Very easy for the NB to get within range when need be and out of range as well. And they get increased speed when cloaked. You're not looking at the bigger picture.

Why would they look the bigger picture!
    They don't care as long as they are OP and they want a weak class to remain weak for ever( easy kills for them).

If RD gets a nerf then I will continue playing my NB and make my templar a crafter.
    Edited by Van_0S on May 17, 2016 11:25PM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Yup. It's long overdue and anyone who understands the game knows it.

Guess you have a lot to learn about Templars. Still.....

lmao Yea, go block radiant and see how well that goes for you. :lol:

Works for many. Any other things, too. Must you spout nonsense in another thread. Again...

Blocking a radiant will simply snare you and lock you down while the Templar channels over and over and his friends beat on you until you die. You sir are completely out of touch with day to day small group PvP against Templars.
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.

There

@Jules productions

Thank you for posting this. It's been a while since I've seen it. Gives me a good laugh at all the Templars still up in arms defending this stupidly designed skill. :mrgreen:
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    his friends beat on you until you die.

So what killed you?
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There

@Jules productions

its funny how in this video they use major sorcery and have empower buff when using radiant but none of the other executes

They do in fact have Rally up, look to the left of the maelstrom maul weapon and you'll see white dots floating up to the sky, that is Rally (Major Brutality).

Sorry that Entropy is so much easier to see than Rally, but I can't be your eyes.

The only execute in that video which might not have had a buff is the Mage's Wrath.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me crazy but the number of damned back line templars just spamming this behind 8 other people pelting you with ranged attacks is insane..... RD damage is fine. But when something has the undodgeable status it should at least be within range of a gap closer..... That way meelee builds can gap close and stun for counter. This would punish the temps for trying to use it when you arent cc'ed. Now its just fire away cos that guy is so far away he cant do jack *** but run out of range or block. Both cases there is 0 cost to templar.

Infact this skill needs a total re-work. Its pretty much a death sentence for me on my templar to use this stupid ability in a 1v1. It gets countered by any1 with half a brain. The only time it works is when im safe and nicely tucked away in a group... Id rather have an execute that has some use in both small and large scale please. Not something that allows me to cheese group play but is worthless in everything else...
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what killed you?

lololol
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Call me crazy but the number of damned back line templars just spamming this behind 8 other people pelting you with ranged attacks is insane..... RD damage is fine. But when something has the undodgeable status it should at least be within range of a gap closer..... That way meelee builds can gap close and stun for counter. This would punish the temps for trying to use it when you arent cc'ed. Now its just fire away cos that guy is so far away he cant do jack *** but run out of range or block. Both cases there is 0 cost to templar.

I feel that way about Snipe. A bunch of those in the back of the pack is a PITA and there's far less of a warning than RD. Granted, you can selectively dodge if the game isn't lagging and you actually have audio. (Yeah, right.) There's half a dozen Bosmer Snipe spammers behind every AD zerg.

Anything that can be spammed behind a meat shield in a zerg can be a problem. After RD got fixed a thousand templars got pulled off the shelf and they are just all over Cyrodiil right now. The herd will thin out in a while.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People overwhelmingly agreed that wrecking blow is an over-performing skill. That's going to get changed with DB. I won't tell you how long it took to get to the WB nerf point because you will cry when you will realize RD is in the game (as-is) for at least the next year....

I adapted. Sure, it's bad design when you have to adjust your builds for single skills, but that's ZoS in a nutshell.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »
    Wonder what version of the game the guy that made that video was playing. In the version I play, RD hits like a wet noodle til it hits execute range.

Meanwhile we got skills like Focused Aim doing 10k+ damage per hit. Why aren't people complaining about that instead? At least with RD, you have time to react if it somehow actually hurts you outside of execute range.

Focused Aim has a cast time and is dodgeable and reflectable. Radiant Destruction is a channel that connects with the target instantly, can't be dodged, and can't be reflected.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People overwhelmingly agreed that wrecking blow is an over-performing skill. That's going to get changed with DB. I won't tell you how long it took to get to the WB nerf point because you will cry when you will realize RD is in the game (as-is) for at least the next year....

I adapted. Sure, it's bad design when you have to adjust your builds for single skills, but that's ZoS in a nutshell.

VD is bad enough and it makes NB very OP!
    But VD is useless for a Magplar. So, RD is what overcomes the buggy toppling charge and no Expedition.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »
    Wonder what version of the game the guy that made that video was playing. In the version I play, RD hits like a wet noodle til it hits execute range.

Meanwhile we got skills like Focused Aim doing 10k+ damage per hit. Why aren't people complaining about that instead? At least with RD, you have time to react if it somehow actually hurts you outside of execute range.

Focused Aim has a cast time and is dodgeable and reflectable. Radiant Destruction is a channel that connects with the target instantly, can't be dodged, and can't be reflected.

Sounds like stam builds and DKs are great against snipe, and magicka builds and templars/nb are fantastic against jesus beam. It's almost like there are different strengths and weaknesses to builds and classes, how bizarre.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smh, so much misinformation in this thread.

They are both overperforming but neither deserve to be nerfed into the ground. This would not be balance for either.

The changes to death stroke and ambush - laughable, like @blabafat said. 4.5% is literally nothing. Hundreds of damage off your 10k+ ultimate, I think you manage.

Radiant just needs a range change so it is able to be reached by gap closers and thus interruptable as it is intended to be. Perhaps reallocate the damage of radiant to be more frequent ticks but leave the damage the same.
    Edited by Jules on May 18, 2016 4:02PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same arguments. Repeating them doesn't make them correct. If you can't come up with a real argument you really think ZOS is going to listen to you? These threads are just getting pathetic now.

Once again, LOL to this whole thread.

LOL
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL

Try harder.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick reminder that there are weapon skills that interrupt from range. If you are having difficulty, perhaps try one 9f those skills. They are in the game for a reason.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed

PC EU
    PvP only
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you missed the part where the director of eso said they looked at it and like where the skill is. He said it's meant to be strong. You could block though.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.