Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Time for Radiant Destruction to be nerfed

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If moves like teleport strike and death stroke are going to be nerfed, then radiant destruction is more than overdue.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont really bother me either way, and even as a nightblade main what bothers me more than the reductions to death stroke and teleport strike is the fact that they went back on the bone shield changes.

Here I was finally hoping my nightblade would have a good damage shield available to him, and it goes and gets yanked out from under him because 'reasons'.

This game has half a dozen magicka-based damage shields, and no stamina damage shields, not a one.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death stroke was nerfed by 4.5%.

4.5%

4.5%

If you were doing 10K with it, you'll be doing 9.55K

Ouch
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Here I was finally hoping my nightblade would have a good damage shield available to him, and it goes and gets yanked out from under him because 'reasons'.

This game has half a dozen magicka-based damage shields, and no stamina damage shields, not a one.

Medium armor passively mitigates more damage than light. A stamina player's primary active mitigation type is dodging and shuffle. Dodging makes a target harder to hit. A magicka shield by itself is a stationary target. So stamina has a weaker shield (via health-scaled shields); magicka users have limited ability to dodge to avoid damage.

If stamina classes had the same damage shield as magicka classes, they would have both stronger passive and active mitigation.

One can argue the precise costs and details, but giving stam users large damage shields on top of their other mitigation just did not make any sense from a balance perspective. At least not without giving light armor or magicka users more mitigation somewhere.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »

4.5%

4.5%

Ouch

It didn't even need a nerf. RD can kill people from 75% health for crying it loud. This ability is probably the most OP move in the game, and it's not even an ultimate. If any move needs to be adjusted, it's this one.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wont really bother me either way, and even as a nightblade main what bothers me more than the reductions to death stroke and teleport strike is the fact that they went back on the bone shield changes.

If you really cheered on for that stamina based shield, then you are part of the problem. I've been playing strictly stamblade for about 3-4 months now and see no need for a shield. At all. That is the most OP bs that could have happened
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop the nerfs
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't get that damage nerf. it makes no sense.... i didn't really consider death stroke to be op. and ambush was fine after they removed the *** root from gap closers.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 17, 2016 2:33AM
    Invictus
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

If you really cheered on for that stamina based shield, then you are part of the problem. I've been playing strictly stamblade for about 3-4 months now and see no need for a shield. At all. That is the most OP bs that could have happened

The problem is that every single balance change that happens in this game is pvp-focused, and ruins every option for the pve side of things.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Crit Rush! :P

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another nerf lobby group kicking dirt around again. These guys just won't stop till everyone is running around dealing 1dps with helmets on.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.

There

https://youtu.be/em46ajNfuTU

@Jules productions
    Edited by SanTii.92 on May 17, 2016 7:32AM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »

There

https://youtu.be/em46ajNfuTU
    Nice

Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what version of the game the guy that made that video was playing. In the version I play, RD hits like a wet noodle til it hits execute range.

Meanwhile we got skills like Focused Aim doing 10k+ damage per hit. Why aren't people complaining about that instead? At least with RD, you have time to react if it somehow actually hurts you outside of execute range.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4.5%

4.5%

Ouch

It didn't even need a nerf. RD can kill people from 75% health for crying it loud. This ability is probably the most OP move in the game, and it's not even an ultimate. If any move needs to be adjusted, it's this one.

Now it's 75%? Last week it was 40%. Damn, RD just keeps getting better and better :smiley:
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meteor rd combo is pretty much instant death.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4.5%

4.5%

Ouch

Now it's 75%? Last week it was 40%. Damn, RD just keeps getting better and better :smiley:

It is from 40%, which is still quite high. I don;t really care if it is nerfed or not as I hardly PvP, but I do think you should be able to roll dodge the skill or that the range of it should be reduced to be the same as charge skills.
    Edited by Grao on May 17, 2016 6:23AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »

Maybe if some idiot doesn't know how to block.

Meanwhile in big boy Cyrodiil, no it's not.

Everyone go make a templar. Spam Radiant on everyone. See how far you get.
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 17, 2016 6:24AM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Everyone go make a templar. Spam Radiant on everyone.
    Thats one solution to balance I suppose
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sometimes like to make space on my bar for J Beam, love the hate whispers. Yeah we get it, getting zerged by Cripple, Fear and J Beam isn't nice. If you're dying from it in smaller groups or 1v1, you need some practice.
    PC EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Learning to block is another
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ha lol you sound like the one with l2p issues getting all salty defending the most broken skill in the game. There's video evidence in this thread and yet you still defend it. even blocked those two skills from a templar specced for max damage are gonna put you dangerously low on health.
    neither skill is dodgeable or reflectable. I'll wait while you come up with another ulti /execute combo that you can say the same about.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup. It's long overdue and anyone who understands the game knows it.

You take roll dodge for granted.

lmao Yea, go block radiant and see how well that goes for you. :lol:
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Yup. It's long overdue and anyone who understands the game knows it.

Guess you have a lot to learn about Templars. Still.....

KenaPKK wrote: »
    lmao Yea, go block radiant and see how well that goes for you. :lol:

Works for many. Any other things, too. Must you spout nonsense in another thread. Again...