Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Time for Radiant Destruction to be nerfed

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    meteor rd combo is pretty much instant death.

Everyone go make a templar. Spam Radiant on everyone.
    Thats one solution to balance I suppose

Learning to block is another

ha lol you sound like the one with l2p issues getting all salty defending the most broken skill in the game. There's video evidence in this thread and yet you still defend it. even blocked those two skills from a templar specced for max damage are gonna put you dangerously low on health.
    neither skill is dodgeable or reflectable. I'll wait while you come up with another ulti /execute combo that you can say the same about.

I guarantee you if I wasn't CCed a meteor Radiant combo would not kill any of my toons. Never. Meteor does like no damage if you block. So full health Radiant still does nothing.

I play everything in stam and magica. Pretty equally. So I get radiatnted more than I Radiant. Nothing salty here. I just don't see a problem with it.
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 17, 2016 7:23AM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ha lol you sound like the one with l2p issues getting all salty defending the most broken skill in the game. There's video evidence in this thread and yet you still defend it. even blocked those two skills from a templar specced for max damage are gonna put you dangerously low on health.
    neither skill is dodgeable or reflectable. I'll wait while you come up with another ulti /execute combo that you can say the same about.

I guarantee you if I wasn't CCed a meteor Radiant combo would not kill any of my toons. Never. Meteor does like no damage if you block. So full health Radiant still does nothing.

I play everything in stam and magica. Pretty equally. So I get radiatnted more than I Radiant. Nothing salty here. I just don't see a problem with it.

so your claiming that after blocking meteor your still at full health. even if that were possible without shields the video shows what 2 rd's do to someone at full health and I'm still waiting for that comparable ult execute combo.
    Edited by lathbury on May 17, 2016 7:33AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

so your claiming that after blocking meteor your still at full health. even if that were possible without shields the video shows what 2 rd's do to someone at full health.

If you block meteor it actually does like nothing.

And "that video" is buffed up, no idea what spell damage is being used, no idea of resistances, they're not blocking and not healing. It means nothing.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so your claiming that after blocking meteor your still at full health. even if that were possible without shields the video shows what 2 rd's do to someone at full health.

And "that video" is buffed up, no idea what spell damage is being used, no idea of resistances, they're not blocking and not healing. It means nothing.

they arent blocking or healingthe other executes either for a proper demo though they should have shown the spell/weapon damage mag/stam pools etc and the resistances of the target dude. I may do it as belive it or not I have a templar. would need to level a sorc though as I only have a lowbie
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    Death stroke was nerfed by 4.5%.

4.5%

4.5%

If you were doing 10K with it, you'll be doing 9.55K

Ouch

It didn't even need a nerf. RD can kill people from 75% health for crying it loud. This ability is probably the most OP move in the game, and it's not even an ultimate. If any move needs to be adjusted, it's this one.

Now it's 75%? Last week it was 40%. Damn, RD just keeps getting better and better :smiley:

I don't use one. I get my information from my friend that plays as one. She states that the move is OP, and she usually casts the ability when her opponent is at 75% health. When she PvPs with another templar they both spam RD on a single target and murder them. This move is not balanced. Not even slightly
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The video is a direct comparison between all the executes in the game. It's crystal clear how they are tested on the same characters, meaning same resistances in all scenarios and also the only buff applied by the attackers is major brutality / sorcery.

Make whatever conclusion you want from it, just don't misrepresent facts.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • GoodOlPinkly
    GoodOlPinkly
    ✭✭✭

so your claiming that after blocking meteor your still at full health. even if that were possible without shields the video shows what 2 rd's do to someone at full health and I'm still waiting for that comparable ult execute combo.

Can we get another video showing sets used, oh and while your at it can we get (empower)+maj sorcery/Brutality buff on all the other excutes not just the RD.... Yeah before we deem this video as proof.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »

The video is a direct comparison between all the executes in the game. It's crystal clear how they are tested on the same characters, meaning same resistances in all scenarios and also the only buff applied by the attackers is major brutality / sorcery.

I didn't state it isn't.

My point is that two Radiant DO NOT kill a real player.

Let's do another video. Templar ults vs other ults. Templar gap closer vs other gap closer damage. So Radiant hits more than others. Other classes have other stuff that hots harder.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

4.5%

4.5%

Ouch

It didn't even need a nerf. RD can kill people from 75% health for crying it loud. This ability is probably the most OP move in the game, and it's not even an ultimate. If any move needs to be adjusted, it's this one.

Now it's 75%? Last week it was 40%. Damn, RD just keeps getting better and better :smiley:

I don't use one. I get my information from my friend that plays as one. She states that the move is OP, and she usually casts the ability when her opponent is at 75% health. When she PvPs with another templar they both spam RD on a single target and murder them. This move is not balanced. Not even slightly

Your friend is a bad player who probably stands at a back of group doing it while other people damage the person. You can't balance around that.

If you friend did that 1vs1 they would die all the time.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

4.5%

4.5%

Ouch

Your friend is a bad player who probably stands at a back of group doing it while other people damage the person. You can't balance around that.

If you friend did that 1vs1 they would die all the time.

Incorrect. She actually duels quite often, and wins. She also uses that move in duels. The only thing that's bad is your judgment.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It isn't a direct comparison. Damage isn't the only thing when comparing executes. You must compare the classes as well. Radiant is not instant. It is a channel which snares the caster and opens them up to being interrupted and dazed. It is used by a class which has absolutely zero mobility. Radiant can also be purged, los'd, and out ranged.

You fail to see the bigger picture. Please go roll a Templar and see for yourself the bigger picture.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On average I die to RD maybe twice or three times in a 6hr game session, and I frequently get hit with 3+ beams. It is on average 5 or 8 times on my death cap per session, not being the killing blow.

In fact I tend to prefer to stick to "Jabs" for the finish rather than switch to RD, since it has a numbingly long pause before the channel actually starts, and 70% of the time I can just watch the health bar go up on my enemy while I'm pausing right before RD goes off (á la Templar Class defining).

My Explosive Charge and Reflective Light are possibly more common killing blows on people's death caps than RD. Also, the majority of the players I have encountered recently have clearly learned that blocking and purging/cleansing are the way to go against RD. [In fact, I'm preparing a gigantic post to demand RD not being blockable, with maths, diagrams, spreadsheets, videos and lots of tears... (*joke)]

If you refuse to use block and/or (a) Purge/cleanse , there is no reason at all why you wouldn't keep getting hit by RD.

People can't just have a perma dodge rolling shuffle build and expect it not to have any sort of counter. I bet RD is the only skill that hits dodge roll/shuffle spammers since they are busy rolling around instead of blocking, but blocking isn't part of the win button I guess.
    Edited by Idinuse on May 19, 2016 1:24PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    On average I die to RD maybe twice or thee times in a 6hr game session. It is on average 5 or 8 times on my death cap, not being the killing blow. In fact I tend to prefer to stick to "Jabs" for the finish rather than switch to RD, since it has a numbingly long pause before the channel actually starts, and 70% the time I can just watch the health bar go up in my enemy while I'm pausing right before RD goes off.

My Explosive Charge and Purifying Lights are possibly more common killing blows on people's death caps than RD.

If you refuse to use block and use (a) Purge, there is no reason at all why you wouldn't keep getting hit by RD.

People can't just have a perma dodge rolling shuffle build and expect it not to have any sort of counter. My bet RD is the only skill that hits dodge roll/shuffle spammers since they are busy rolling around instead of blocking, but blocking isn't part of the win button, I guess.

so a permablock build is the answer then lol I see your point though the amount of times I die to dodge roll or shuffle is immense hate those damn permarollers its almost as if there are no stam shields or something
  • earth_angel
    earth_angel
    ✭✭
    It didn't even need a nerf.

Ambush into death stroke is hard to fight back because it goes so fast. Even on live my bosmer stamblade get easy kills with that. And if burst does not work use mirror image generate ultimate, rince and repeat... and she still wear VR9 armor with no set agility since she is only VR13 and VR rank removal is near (I still can't believe how hard she hits on PTS with proper gear... 21K rentless focus anyone?)
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Zheg wrote: »
    lol
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Lol
    Sallington wrote: »
    lol
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    lol
    lol
    #MOREORBS
  • earth_angel
    earth_angel
    ✭✭

Incorrect. She actually duels quite often, and wins. She also uses that move in duels. The only thing that's bad is your judgment.

if she duels and the opponent does not interupt her when she use RD 1v1 then I wonder who that opponent is. At full health I have more than enough time to react.

RD is only a problem in group fight when the RD user is hard to see / target. And even in that case I die far more from being sniped while focusing someone else than from RD.
    Edited by earth_angel on May 17, 2016 10:02AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

if she duels and the opponent does not interupt her when she use RD 1v1 then I wonder who that opponent is. At full health I have more than enough time to react.

Yeh, I don't buy it either. If someone is getting killed by Radiant in a duel and they aren't CCed and at like 30% health then they are really really and players.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    On average I die to RD maybe twice or three times in a 6hr game session, and I frequently get hit with 3+ beams. It is on average 5 or 8 times on my death cap per session, not being the killing blow.

In fact I tend to prefer to stick to "Jabs" for the finish rather than switch to RD, since it has a numbingly long pause before the channel actually starts, and 70% of the time I can just watch the health bar go up on my enemy while I'm pausing right before RD goes off (á la Templar Class defining).

My Explosive Charge and Reflective Light are possibly more common killing blows on people's death caps than RD. Also, the majority of the players I have encountered recently have clearly learned that blocking and purging are the way to go against RD. [In fact, I'm preparing a gigantic post to demand RD not being blockable, with maths, diagrams, spreadsheets, videos and lots of tears... (*joke)]

If you refuse to use block and/or (a) Purge, there is no reason at all why you wouldn't keep getting hit by RD.

People can't just have a perma dodge rolling shuffle build and expect it not to have any sort of counter. I bet RD is the only skill that hits dodge roll/shuffle spammers since they are busy rolling around instead of blocking, but blocking isn't part of the win button I guess.

^^ Very true.
    You also forgot to mention exploits( speed hacks, 95% dodge chance, passing through walls), also.
    Edited by Van_0S on May 17, 2016 10:25AM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Crit Rush! :P

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.

There

https://youtu.be/em46ajNfuTU

@Jules productions

Videos like this prove nothing. It is merely a surface example of multiple abilities. A true test takes into account the stats of each of the individual players involved. Not to mention gear, champ point amount and allocation etc. This video shows nothing. For all we know stats were high damage and low mitigation for Rd and opposite for the others. Not saying this is the case. Just playing devils advocate here. Videos like this may be well intentioned, but in reality don't show anything useful. It is merely something for the masses to point at and say see look I told you. Again, just playing devils advocate here. Stats go a long way when testing. Without those numbers made availavle, no one can prove anything from this.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

Where's Jules with that video showcasing execute's. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on RD.

There

@Jules productions

like this prove nothing. It is merely a surface example of multiple abilities. A true test takes into account the stats of each of the individual players involved. Not to mention gear, champ point amount and allocation etc. This video shows nothing. For all we know stats were high damage and low mitigation for Rd and opposite for the others. Not saying this is the case. Just playing devils advocate here. Videos like this may be well intentioned, but in reality don't show anything useful. It is merely something for the masses to point at and say see look I told you. Again, just playing devils advocate here. Stats go a long way when testing. Without those numbers made availavle, no one can prove anything from this.
    @bowmanz607, Very true!!

Also, why did he have to use entropy before using RD. Well, obviously he wants the RD to be nerf to ground and those abilities for NB and Sorc are not OP moves.
    @sAnn92,
    OP abilities:
    Sorc= crystal frags.
    NB= Grim focus morphs.( 1 shot kill)

So, use those abilities in that video and then compare.
    Edited by Van_0S on May 17, 2016 10:52AM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »

There

@Jules productions

like this prove nothing. It is merely a surface example of multiple abilities. A true test takes into account the stats of each of the individual players involved. Not to mention gear, champ point amount and allocation etc. This video shows nothing. For all we know stats were high damage and low mitigation for Rd and opposite for the others. Not saying this is the case. Just playing devils advocate here. Videos like this may be well intentioned, but in reality don't show anything useful. It is merely something for the masses to point at and say see look I told you. Again, just playing devils advocate here. Stats go a long way when testing. Without those numbers made availavle, no one can prove anything from this.

Very true!!
    Also, why did he have to use entropy before using RD. Well, obviously he wants the RD to be nerf to ground and those abilities for NB and Sorc are not OP moves.
    OP abilities.
    Sorc= crystal frags.
    NB= Grim focus.( 1 shot kill)

nb grim focus 1 shot kill are you sure
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »

There

@Jules productions

Very true!!
    OP abilities.
    Sorc= crystal frags.
    NB= Grim focus.( 1 shot kill)

nb grim focus 1 shot kill are you sure

Yep!
    Tried it and it nuked them.
    Note: you need 2xkena sets to get that 1 shot kill otherwise it will take 2 shots to kill the target.
    Edited by Van_0S on May 17, 2016 10:57AM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and 4 shots to even proc it its comparable to frags and can also be dodged and reflected so not a good comparison to rd nice try though
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and 4 shots to even proc it its comparable to frags and can also be dodged and reflected so not a good comparison to rd nice try though

its arguably worse then RD since you aren't alerted by a giant beam and it can hit people at full health, you're blind if you can't see that
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its arguably worse then RD since you aren't alerted by a giant beam and it can hit people at full health, you're blind if you can't see that

It does less damage requires 4 shots to proc it can be dodged reflected back and cloaked but yeah loads more effective than RD. I should add its only buffed by mighty not thamaturge as well so when the caps move if ever it will be even weaker by comparison.
    Edited by lathbury on May 17, 2016 11:16AM
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does less damage requires 4 shots to proc it can be dodged reflected back and cloaked but yeah loads more effective than RD. I should add its only buffed by mighty not thamaturge as well so when the caps move if ever it will be even weaker by comparison.

1 shot instant kill (plus 3 light attacks) > 2.5 second channel that doesn't one shot

Burst damage is better than a channel
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1 shot instant kill (plus 3 light attacks) > 2.5 second channel that doesn't one shot

Burst damage is better than a channel

post a video of a 1 shot from that skill on a tool tip with 3500 weapon damage and 32k stam its on showing 12k non crit thats will be halved in pvp. also while it may be a channel rarely does it take the full 2.5 sec to kill someone.
    Edited by lathbury on May 17, 2016 11:37AM
  • earth_angel
    earth_angel
    ✭✭

Yes but it is a burst attack. Also if you are not fighting a DK or a templar then the only reflect you have to fear is the shield tree one which is easy to outplay 1v1 (and the templar bubble is pretty obvious). On the other hand, grim focus can be countered in 1v1 (like RD). In group fight, grim focus can be very hard to avoid.

The 4 light attacks are not so hard to get with a bow. On the other hand with a bow equip you have snipe which is easier to use in group fights...
    Edited by earth_angel on May 17, 2016 11:55AM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    getting weapon damage high enough on a bow to 1 shot someone with spectral bow would require probably clever alchemist procced, kena procced, a maelstrom bow and mark target up. even then I doubt its possible to do 22k damage on it against a player with normal pvp resistances. But as I said post a video of it. again you say 1 shot when its in fact 5 shot and with the gcd being 0.9 seconds thats 4 and a half seconds to do and any of the light attacks and the cast can be dodged or reflected.
    Edited by lathbury on May 17, 2016 11:51AM
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol

4% nerf... u poor poor guy but yea,
    nerf it because its a stupid skill that should never have been introduced in the first place. It is too easy!