Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

shield stacking was never a problem, hardened ward is.

Lyar09
Lyar09
✭✭✭✭✭
Uploaded by Yoyuyi and commented by him as well. He doesn't have a forum account so I'm helping him get this message out there. To everyone about to comment: "I never said I SHOULD win this fight nor am I saying I even CAN win this fight. Yes, I am spamming wings and wings itself might need a nerf as well, but that is not the point of this thread. The point is about Hardened Ward and that's it."

Input?

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZLLB89kDY&feature=youtu.be
PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf all NERF threads!!!!

57178453.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the footage, it doesn't look like healing or shield's are the problem. It's resource sustain.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 7, 2016 6:35AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had fights with DKs go on forever like that... but why is that a problem? All your video shows me is that you and the other guy were evenly balanced.

Maybe the other player should post a thread begging for Scales to be nerfed so that he can Overload you in one shot! Is that the kind of fight you want?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had fights with DKs go on forever like that... but why is that a problem? All your video shows me is that you and the other guy were evenly balanced.

Maybe the other player should post a thread begging for Scales to be nerfed so that he can Overload you in one shot! Is that the kind of fight you want?

He's a very good player. If you read my input I said wings also might need a nerf but the point of this thread was about hardened. Learning sorc was the easiest thing I could have done in this game while still being effective compared to other classes. Just my input.
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the footage, it doesn't look like healing or shield's are the problem. It's resource sustain.

Totally agree. From both standpoints, I shouldn't be able to sustain so well the way I am and he shouldn't either. Well said.
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wings as in scales? no, it does not need a nerf. it was nerfed once already, it does not need a second.

in regards to the damage shield issue, yes it is indeed an issue. I have seen sorcerers CONSISTENTLY pull up 18-20K shields/shield stacks while still maintaining high offensive capability and seemingly never run out of mana, it would take entire groups or someone around the level of Sypher to kill them. However, the issue lies with the way resources are done in this game.

Of course someone is going to be able to constantly pull up damage shields when mana pools can go up to 30-40K and resource regain can be brought to the mid 2Ks-3Ks, im not even putting heavy attacks or potions into the mix; and the fact that hardened ward scales off of mana is the reason a sorcerer is able to do what he or she can do, having powerful shields AND offense at the same time. Do I want sorcerers nerfed? No, we do not need nerfs; instead the way resources work in this game needs to be looked at. I personally think soft caps should return; but that is just my opinion. Many people think constant damage shield stack/spam is a good thing, and they have the right to have that opinion, i just simply disagree with the majority in this issue.
    Edited by Cody on February 7, 2016 6:49AM
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    wings as in scales? no, it does not need a nerf. it was nerfed once already, it does not need a second.

in regards to the damage shield issue, yes it is indeed an issue. I have seen sorcerers CONSISTENTLY pull up 18-20K shields/shield stacks while still maintaining high offensive capability and seemingly never run out of mana, it would take entire groups or someone around the level of Sypher to kill them. However, the issue lies with the way resources are done in this game.

Of course someone is going to be able to constantly pull up damage shields when mana pools can go up to 30-40K and resource regain can be brought to the mid 2Ks-3Ks, im not even putting heavy attacks or potions into the mix; and the fact that hardened ward scales off of mana is the reason a sorcerer is able to do what he or she can do, having powerful shields AND offense at the same time. Do I want sorcerers nerfed? No, we do not need nerfs; instead the way resources work in this game needs to be looked at. I personally think soft caps should return; but that is just my opinion. Many people think constant damage shield stack/spam is a good thing, and they have the right to have that opinion, i just simply disagree with the majority in this issue.

Exactly man. The resource thing would not only solve shield spam, it would also spam wing spam. Love your explanation.
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya know what if sustain is such a problem for everyone that people are saying nerf this nerf that I can't insta kill him, Increase the damage table for all classes except Night blades since they don't need to sustain in a fight they avoid damage. That way every one can pop their jolly's about not being bogged down in combat & nightblades can still be the same prancing baster ds.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • FullBlownBeast
    FullBlownBeast
    ✭✭✭
    Both hardened ward and healing ward need to be toned down. These two skills are way to stupid. Things tipped to far in magicka builds favor with the CP changes and 0 changes to most stamina counter part of classes.
    Plain and Simple
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    'hardened ward is the problem' lmao. He couldn't kill you either.
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »

Read the input. He couldn't kill me because every other attack was him using Hardened Ward. He never fully committed to killing me before putting Hardened back on. Unlike other sorcs, who do actually use abilities to kill me.
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf everything, buff sticks and stones
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this game should be balanced around 1v1's but that's just my opinion.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I was on pts and had a few fights like that with dk. Problem is my sustain is pretty terrible with only like 1400 Magika recovery and the majority of my attacks are reflected. Therefore I run out of Magika and can't do anything but a little attack and hardened Ward. Annoying for both dk and me. I wil be adjusting my build when I get some time. Don't know how to get silk etc in pts or if I should even bother and just use template sets instead? So much fun dueling anyhow but I'm seeing some insane damage on me I've never come across though. 16k meteor. 12k assassins will or something for example.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardened Ward could be scaled back 10% and sorcs would be fine.

Healing Ward is actually the culprit and worst offender for shields.

The only reason why people QQ about Sorcs is because they have the mobility to use Healing Ward+Streak and reset the fight.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Edziu
      Edziu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cody wrote: »

Of course someone is going to be able to constantly pull up damage shields when mana pools can go up to 30-40K and resource regain can be brought to the mid 2Ks-3Ks......

ye, my few friends on sorc are trying to get 50k+ max magice, when now they have 45k-48k also on pvp so gg
    2. Prabooo
      Prabooo
      ✭✭✭✭
      Pinja wrote: »
      Increase the damage table for all classes except Night blades since they don't need to sustain in a fight they avoid damage.

Pardon my ignorance, please enlighten us how does a Nightblade avoid damage in a fight? Are you talking about the infamous and useless CLOAK?

3. Tankqull
      Tankqull
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
      tennant94 wrote: »

Read the input. He couldn't kill me because every other attack was him using Hardened Ward. He never fully committed to killing me before putting Hardened back on. Unlike other sorcs, who do actually use abilities to kill me.

and why does he have to use hardend ward every second abilitie usage because it provides so much mitigation that two consecutive attacks would leave him with his trousers down his knees...

and regarding your dmg you are either aswell a heavy sustain build or have missed entirely the existance of "shattering blows".
      spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
      Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

4. Forestd16b14_ESO
      Forestd16b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Said it once saying it again.

Shields just need to be brung into the major/minor system.
    5. Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be fine with this if they ALSO got rid of the Battle Spirit 50% shield nerf.
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    6. Cody
      Cody
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Pinja wrote: »
      Ya know what if sustain is such a problem for everyone that people are saying nerf this nerf that I can't insta kill him, Increase the damage table for all classes except Night blades since they don't need to sustain in a fight they avoid damage. That way every one can pop their jolly's about not being bogged down in combat & nightblades can still be the same prancing baster ds.

"NBs dont need to sustain in a fight" that is false.
    7. Cody
      Cody
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

I would be fine with this if they ALSO got rid of the Battle Spirit 50% shield nerf.

good sithis no, then we would have consistent 25-30K damage shields, maybe if shields were put into the major/minor system this could work
    8. Jsmalls
      Jsmalls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      "Nerf scissors, rock is okay. "
      Signed Paper.

I'm a sorcerer, and Wings are a huuuuuge advantage against Sorcerers. It takes away our main CC and damage dealer as well as force pulse and staff attacks. For most Sorcerers that 50% of their attacks. And that's leaves us with endless fury (damage is laughable) and curse. And that's just not enough to burst a good DK that's keeps up their wings.

Every class has its own defense. Surge was nerfed to unreliability, and hardened ward is expensive to keep casting. If you're a Magicka DK it's Harness Magicka that's your problem because it gives back resources and can be a hefty shield. But EVERYONE has access to that.

No offense to the creator of this thread but you might want to consider every side before asking for a nerf just because you can't beat another player.

And for the record I agree that Magicka Harness and hardened shouldn't stack, the amount of resource regain you get out of Harness also needs to be addressed.
    9. Bromburak
      Bromburak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1. Sorcs are the only solo class with no trade off.

Magicka Sorcs can have it all, Defense like a Fortress, Mobility like a rocket, very efficient CC and hit like a truck , all in the same build derived from class abilities only.

This class doesn't really fit in the current system, very simple.

2. I agree with GreenSoup2HoT
      "From the footage, it doesn't look like healing or shield's are the problem. It's resource sustain."
      Edited by Bromburak on February 7, 2016 5:28PM
    10. TheBull
      TheBull
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've had several 20 minute fights on my Dragon (Argonian DK) vs Sorcs. At the end, the draw, my damage recap would look something like 1.5 million dmg done. 1.2 million absorbed.

I won't even fight a sorc on my magicka NB anymore. Most likely it will be a stressful never ending battle. Avoid the sorc burst and hope they get over confident and don't re-Ward after every cast.
      Edited by TheBull on February 7, 2016 5:30PM
    11. Forestd16b14_ESO
      Forestd16b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Well to make up the fact you only get 1 shield now... well 2 but the ones from enchantments and potions are kinda..... bleh.
    12. Cody
      Cody
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      TheBull wrote: »
      I've had several 20 minute fights on my Dragon (Argonian DK) vs Sorcs. At the end, the draw, my damage recap would look something like 1.5 million dmg done. 1.2 million absorbed.

I won't even fight a sorc on my magicka NB anymore. Most likely it will be a stressful never ending battle. Avoid the sorc burst and hope they get over confident and don't re-Ward after every cast.

i am considering just not fighting sorcs at all on my stam blade, as almost every sorc i face constantly puts up consistent 18-20K shield stacks. it is almost impossible to get through them because sorcerers will not just stand there and let one wrecking blow them to death, they will use block,, streak, mines, dodge roll, etc. sniping them is pointless because the amount of damage they can do with frags and other skills eats me up. the only way I can think of to actually beat one without the help of 5 teammates is to use a mana DK with scales (ironic seeing how the mana DK is in one of the worst states in the game atm:D)

as I may have mentioned earlier, I am not calling sorcerers OP, nor do I want them nerfed.. ZOS needs to either put damage shields into the major/minor system, where one gets removed if another is cast. or softcaps should come back. Would they limit builds? perhaps, but we would see less of constant 24K shield stacks and endless WB and snipe spam, and the end of open combat non-crit 10K attacks. (and yes I have seen 20K+ shield stacks, I have seen consistent 24K shield stacks and even one non-emp player pull out a 27K shield stack, I am not lying, I do not lie about such things)
    13. Alucardo
      Alucardo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just try and walk around sorcs like they are diseased and focus someone else. I'd rather face a bulky nord in full heavy armour than a sorc wearing light.
    14. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Whats the problem with hardward? I never usually have a problem melting through it.

PC EU
      PvP only
    15. Pepper8Jack
      Pepper8Jack
      ✭✭✭

Absolutely couldn't agree more.

As for shields, hardened ward is hefty, but for a class with no innate survivability otherwise, it needs to be. The issue is stacking healing ward on top and getting health back, then throwing harness over both to get all of your spent magicka back.

So yes, the issue is still stacking.