Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone still use "common" racial motifs?

• Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the nord staff motif. In my opinion it looks the best

Nord-Nightwood-Staff-Normal.jpg
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    I run around naked. Who needs motifs anyway.

So you are that guy I saw yesterday running around Cyro naked and getting killed by zergs. Nice to meet you. May I ask how did you get that Centurion rank? ;)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    I usually always match my character with their appropriate motif because immersion. Unfortunately most of them are too ugly so I put on my covenant costume and close my eyes at character selection screen.

Just to clarify.. Most are too ugly because shoulders and hip guards look ridiculous and float next to my body
    Edited by I55UE5 on January 15, 2016 6:10PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord style FTW ... until the make ancient nord like the Drauger wear then it be nord and ancient nord style FTW.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showing off your EP pride, nothing is better than Nord heavy chest.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a dark elf, and I've come to feel honor-bound to wear Dunmer armor.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    If I could craft high level gear with low level looks, I would use the common styles all the time.

Definitely!
    I had my main running around in Craglorn (back then at VR14 when this was the cap) for quite a while with an Argonian light chest piece made of Jute, just for the looks! And this combined with a Daedric skirt :) Another player in Belkarth even whispered to me that it looks good and where I got it, if it's a costume or something.. unfortunately I had to answer that it's just a low level item and not actually made for combat..
    So yeah, I too would love to craft higher level gear with low level looks^^

Aaaand, after searching my harddrives and different screenshot folders for hours now, I finally found one of this character with this armor:

TSEvWy7.jpg

:-)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My inner roleplayer resurfaced... I couldn't stand my lowbie NB (AD character) travelling through the (presumably hot) jungles and forests of Grahtwood and Greenshade riding a Snow Bear and wearing Daggerfall Covenant uniform. So I bought a gaur and got her some Bosmer gear to fit in better with the natives.

I am quite pleased with the result. :)

qgnwbRW.jpg

CdZvYST.jpg

M4DM0LW.jpg
    Everything is Bosmer Leather Medium except Shoulder and Boots which are Imperial Medium and Sash which is Imperial Light.

I don't particularly like the more "primitive" aspects of the Bosmer armour style, with the bones and stuff, and I felt the Imperial pieces fit in quite well aethetically and RP-wise (my girl is Imperial afterall)
  • forwardbias83
    forwardbias83
    ✭✭✭
    I wear mostly Khajiit light armor except for 2 pieces. I wear ancient elf shoulders, which are the smallest shoulders in the game. I also wear imperial gloves which don't have those weird elbow pads. Everything is dyed Superior Blue, which looks pretty nice on a stage 4 vampire.

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton is still the best light armor in my eyes, hands down
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

edited
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on January 17, 2016 4:53PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tend to mix and match all styles each time I make new clothes, and have come up with some really nice things :smile: What I REALLY want to know is, are we ever going to be able to craft in the style that is the succession set? I <3 that jerkin, and those shoes.... I would give anything to craft this style!

[img][/img]Screen%20Shot%202015-11-02%20at%2002.03.42_zpsorweanxl.png
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Kyozumi
    Kyozumi
    ✭✭
    Breton and Bosmer are one of my favs still xD But thats only because i have been unlucky finding the rare ones ;__; lol
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Argonian motif is my favorite for almost all styles. I wear full Argonian Medium armor with a Breton light hood, which completes my Shadowscale look.

I also wear full Argonian heavy and an Argonian light hood for my Shellback!

My Sorc, is full Argonian light :P.

Hell, even my Redguard Temp is in full Argonian heavy!
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    My VR16 magicka DK uses Mercenary light for her DPS gear, and Xivkyn heavy (Imperium) for her tank gear. My VR16 magicka NB uses glass for her tank gear, Xivkyn light for her healer gear (SPC), but for her DPS gear, she's still using good old Redguard+Breton:

C7dzE8R.png

I really like the look of Redguard light (well, except for the hat). It might be "common", but I think it looks better than most of the more exotic styles out there.

Those colours make that armor look good.

My Magicka NB has some khajiit light, some Breton and some Xivkyn.

My Templar had khajiit mostly until she got her Pariah set. I can't remember what the crafted pieces are, but I'll check.

My sorc is wearing a dropped set, so no choice there.

My orc DK and khajiit DK are wearing their own styles and my lowbie khajiit sorc is wearing Warlock right now, which is Breton.

When making v16 sets I craft a ton of samples and put them together to see what looks good for that character.

The Moot Councillor
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still using the Dunmer greatsword, because it looks like the Soulreaver. <3
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy using the common styles on levelling characters especially, because you get a sense of "status progression" each time the textures change (although not always for the better IMO). What I don't particularly like about the rare motifs is the fact that they use a single texture from level 1 to VR16, and some (like Primal and Barbaric) need an update, BADLY.

Plus, they're readily available, provide variety, and when you have as many characters as I do, you have to get creative in order to give them a unique look. :smiley:
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like Khajiit style, and some parts of other basic motifs (breton hood or imperial robe for example), but most of them have low quality textures. :( So its hard to mix them with the new motifs.
    Also there are styles that look really good at low levels and.. Well, not so good at vet ranks. Wood elf medium is the best example, I really hate those giant non-dyeable spikes at high level version.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, some of the classic racial motifs are still among the best in the game.
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Argoniam 2h sword looks amazing
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 Khajiit and they mostly wear Khajiiti armour... heavy, medium or light, it just feels appropriate and looks really nice.

Bosmer gloves and shoes are also something I craft for the light armour users, as the elbows and knee caps on light Khajiit hand/feet armour are left too far from the actual body part.
    PC-EU
  • Levefre
    Levefre
    Yes, mostly because I haven't got anything else yet. :)

I love the basic motifs and mixing and matching is fun to do, but I have to agree that the floatiness of the shoulders and leg guards annoys me at times. When I swim the right shoulderpad crawls down my arm and then back up again. Freaky! (Seen with Khajiit and Bosmer medium so far.)
    You are encumbered and cannot run.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton heavy armour with imperial swords since beta.
    Since i craft all my stuff, i never have problems with RNG. ^^
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I tend to mix and match all styles each time I make new clothes, and have come up with some really nice things :smile: What I REALLY want to know is, are we ever going to be able to craft in the style that is the succession set? I <3 that jerkin, and those shoes.... I would give anything to craft this style!

[img][/img]Screen%20Shot%202015-11-02%20at%2002.03.42_zpsorweanxl.png

I wasn't sure/haven't seen personally what the Succession set was so I googled it, most of the images returned looked to me like light Ancient Orc. If it's the Jerkin and boots in your image that you're talking about, they both look to me like medium Malacath.

Edited by Number_51 on March 10, 2016 8:05PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I use a mixture of xivkyn and daedric, nothing beats heavy Khajiit helms. I hate that I'm forced to use ugly monster helms to be competitive. I want my Khajiit heavy helm!
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The majority of my characters are wearing green or blue level armor, either picked up from drops or bought from guild traders. As far as i remember, all armor are 'common racial motif' styles.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often go to esofashion website, choose which styles I like and go craft them all - wear them and go to dye station, dye them individually with the rest of my armor, to figure out which one I like the best ....last time I couldn't choose, there were 2 chestpieces that I really liked, so I made a chestpiece with both styles -.- 1 bosmer that I mainly wear, 1 orc that I sometimes switch to!
    ....beside that, my resto staf is Khajiit style, my destro is Barbaric and my 2 swords are Redguard style.

My choices have been heavily limited by all the looted sets I have worn since 1.6 patch Q.Q Currently I wear Spell Power Cure and Overwhelming Surge << those two sets are Xivkyn style, so I have to adjust and match the rest to that.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    If I could craft high level gear with low level looks, I would use the common styles all the time.

+1
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Argonian, Bosmer, Breton and Imperial are wearing their culture's styles. The other 4 are wearing costumes with a mix of armor sets under it.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all medium Nord armor! With a light Daedric hoodie!
    Edited by Curtdogg47 on March 10, 2016 8:52PM