Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Does anyone still use "common" racial motifs?

• negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    h0TaUR0.png
    I still like Khajiit. Just not the hat!
    Edited by negbert on March 11, 2016 6:13PM
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear my Racial styles.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still wearing full bosmer, but not for much longer.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't invested enough skill points into my equipment crafting to be able to use the fancier motifs, so at this point I'm limited to the basic racial styles and Imperial. But so far I've been quite content with the outfits I've put together from those styles. Each time I'm ready to craft a new set, I hit up ESO Fashion and mix and match pieces to get an overall look I'm satisfied with.

For my most recent set I considered boosting one craft to rank 9 to be able to use the motifs I've collected, but after looking over pictures of those styles I realized they didn't actually appeal to me all that much at that level. So I just went ahead and used the basic styles and I'm quite happy with how it all came out.

I don't have any clear screenshots of my current set, but I'll snag one next time I'm on.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    No matter what I craft elsewhere I always have a Dunmer belt with Ruby Throne Red.

It's my not to my race and past.

I do this EXACT same thing!!
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy Bosmer helmets actually annoy me.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eiagra wrote: »
    Largely, I use certain motif pieces for roleplay clothing, but provided I can reasonably dye-match, light and medium pants tend to have a few good, 'normal' looking meshes in common motifs. As well, a lot of Redguard armor looks classy without being overblown and weird.

Previously, I used Dwemer light armor. Lately, though, I use a combination of Merc (chest, shoulder), Imperial (gloves), and Yokudan (found set boots and belt -- wish I could craft this motif!). Looks good and classy to me.

tumblr_o3vj0ag9HD1upqrg6o1_500.jpg

Nice outfit :smiley:
    Btw... Which dye are you using for brown?
    A lot of brown dyes are too glossy, but this one looks really nice. :)

That particular dye on the Mercenary Light Robes (slot 1) is "Brewer's Ale Brown" which you can acquire by completing the Master Chef achievement. Important note: Mercenary clothes do not dye normally, and this shade of brown will look like a glossy, coppery-red shade on most clothes.
    Edited by Eiagra on March 11, 2016 9:11PM
          In verity.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My medium armor wearing sneaky Khajiit has

Dwemer jack
    Khajiit bracers
    Imperial boots
    Dunmer guards & cops
    Primal helmet & daggers

I forget what style the belt is, and I can't check because I can't get into the game until my new computer arrives.

In staves, I think the Bosmer style is best.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    robkrush wrote: »
    I like the mishmash idea in theory but in practice the dyes don't match between different styles. Ruins my immersion.... :D

Doesn't make it impossible, just more work.

I have to find the various versions of, say, red that "look similar" on different styles. Often it's worth a bit of effort. My current dunmer DK is wearing a mix of medium xyvkin and dunmer - it took some effort to get it reasonably well matched.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current character is a Redguard nightblade in Bosmer medium armor. Looks good in black mixed with Covenant blue and gray. I like the bony bits. Black, purple and red also work, but I like to fly the colors of the alliance the character is in.

My Nord Templar (now my crafting character) wears Orc armor in red, gold and black.

Craft it all myself with 4+4 or 5+3 set bonuses. Just never feels right using armor I didn't craft. Role playing, I guess.
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect them to sell
    Gold Company Commander
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than barbaric shirt and barbaric/glass staff, I'm all common.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR16 NB still uses Khajiit style, and my VR16 Sorc uses a mix of Khajiit and Akavair (Akavir robes, 1 pc kena, some random monster helm, and the rest all Khajiit)
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Heindrich;241322"]It seems to me like with every new fancy motif added to the game, everybody wants to be special and stand out... and in the end, nobody does because everyone (reasonably rich) is running around in Glass, Xivkyn, Mercenary etc armour and everybody poor either has a mish-mash of leveling gear or costumes. I almost never see anyone with a full set of gear in the "basic" racial styles like Breton, Altmer, Nord etc... With some nice colours, they can actually look really nice!

I was going to craft Akaviri style for my lowbie NB, but then I decided it was crazy to spend so much on dragon scales when I will be upgrading the gear once every 10 levels... So I remembered that I always liked the Covenant Scout costume, and decided to try out good ol' Breton medium armour. I was pleasantly surprised at the result :)

So... does anyone else stick with the "common" styles and managed to make it look nice? Got some good examples to share?
    [/quote]

Lol I am just about THE most unique armored toon out there. It took me MANY many individual armor pieces, lots of mixing and matching but I finally found a mix that I really love long ago AND literally no one looks even remotely like me. (Mix of Argonian/Bosmer).

What I would really love though is a fashion screen where you can do that w/o actually making the items in question.

Edited by PlagueMonk on March 12, 2016 1:44AM
  • Lyrebon
    Lyrebon
    ✭✭✭
    I use bosmer medium feet - tramp shoes. or wraps I should say. Other than that I have Daedric gear and a Soul-Shriven greatsword.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So here's the evolution of my Breton nightblade's crafted sets. All of them are heavy chest, light belt, and medium everything else.

Level 22 - Breton everything except Redguard chest and Altmer belt, in Obsidian Black, Pillager Purple, and Superior Blue (with Moonstone White for the belt):

ilsabetlv22crop.jpg

Level 32 - Imperial everything except Altmer belt (this was immediately after finding an Imperial motif at the crafting station):

ilsabetlv32gear.jpg

Level 42 - Redguard chest, Khajiit pants, Breton shoulders, and Imperial bracers, boots, and belt, in Covenant Blue, Tombstone Gray, and Superior Blue:

ilsabetlv42gear.jpg

Level V3 - Altmer chest, Khajiit pants, Dunmer belt, and Imperial shoulders, bracers, and boots, in Red Diamond Red, Hunding Gold, and Coldharbour Ash Black:

ilsabetv3gear.jpg

I especially like the last one with the angular features pulling everything together. That's the essence of what I go for with mixing and matching to come up with an overall look that I like. I've also had fun coming up with new color schemes for each set.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    What I would really love though is a fashion screen where you can do that w/o actually making the items in question.

And it should allow you to preview all motifs in game regardles if you know them or not. So you can decide what to work towards.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    always liked heavy chest piece from redguard, heavy leg and light shoulder from Breton. Khajiit and bosmer heavy chest pieces are pretty good too.
    b7ESOBu.png
    iA6PrMI.jpg
    vtN9JaZ.jpg
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes bbuutt it sorely badly needs cleaned up and or updated to look as nice as the new stuff
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a roleplayer, I find myself using the base racial styles quite often. I'll use some of the new stuff, but to be honest most of the new stuff hasn't been to my tastes OOCly and hasn't fit with my characters ICly. I've never liked Daedric armor in any of the singleplayer ES games, so I usually don't use Xivkyn or vanilla Daedric (except for Daedric light legs for the skirt/kilt look). Not to mention my most preferred role is tank and I only play Khajiit, and the Khajiit heavy armor is just awesome in all kinds of ways (at least at tier 4). Definitely my most used motif. The nice thing about it is that Khajiit heavy armor is one of the few heavy armor types that can look pretty good with some of the shinier, lighter, or more garish colors.
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on March 12, 2016 10:09PM
  • attackjet
    attackjet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got akaviri and xyvkin last night. Looks amazing!
  • Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy Redguard is one of the most beautiful armour in this game
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    attackjet wrote: »
    I got akaviri and xyvkin last night. Looks amazing!

Mostly I like Xyvkyn, but man the light chest ... kinda cheesy
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Orion_Sixx
    I was using common til I discovered barbaric and mercenary, now I mix them.
  • snoogadooch
    snoogadooch
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic styles and screen. Would love to see more.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah. My Covenant loyalist wears the standard Breton armour, but with a Khajiit helm (her nickname/title is "the Lioness", and the Khajiit heavy helm was pretty much the sole reason for that name XD)

I've got a Shadow Walker character who wears black Bosmer gear, and a Nord werewolf who is all about that fur armour and wears standard Nord gear and Orsimer legguards (they look like they've got more fur on them)

Also the Khajiit chest pieces, regardless of armour weight, look awesome imo.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    i still use the original orc motiff i love the light armor :)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main DPS, a bosmer stamblade, is rocking a heavy bosmer chest and the rest medium bosmer. My healer is running all breton. My tank though, all Xivkyn.

Nothing wrong with the alliance styles, but nothing wrong with the new stuff either! (Hope to get glass on my tank >.>)
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do.
    Vildebill wrote: »
    Mercenary is the new cheap hobo gear, must be the easist to get these days :P Selling my pages for like 500-1000g.

Argonian is fairly popular, and nord as well. I see a lot of bosmer too. Personally im running ancient orc but that one is expensive :)

True but the laurel needed to craft it isn't cheap or as easy to come by.
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try not to base what I do off of what other people are either doing, or not doing.
    \(^-,,-^)/