Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can not complete long live the king quest with 4 million bounty ps4

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    found1779 wrote: »
    I don't understand why so many seem to not understand it was a bug not intended to stop people with a bounty from completing this quest people with a bounty are suppose to be able to complete quest even the ones that requires you to talk to a merchant to Finnish it hints why it's getting a fix no need to be hostile towards me when all i was doing was trying to get something fixed that wasn't suppose to happen in the first place

Well yeah you know I'm having the same issue andI just don't understand why people are mad about this. It makes no sense. People don't understand that this is a game and that I didn't murder 100000 people in Real life.

I AM NOT A TERRORIST!

Thank you!

But don't you think that you progression should be halted in order to give more of a realistic game to people that will most likely never notice that realism?

why do YOU even care about how realistic the game is towards other people.

Getting a bit pissed at this kind of behaviour. It is as if people would want me and fellow outlaws to not be able to progress and quit the game. Honestly. Stop messing with other people's way to play a game. It's not your business. And we all know it is intended to still be able to play the game also as an outlaw. What would be the sense of a system that makes you quit a game because you can't progress?
    Edited by Xantaria on November 24, 2015 8:48AM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @found1779 - You have been a very BAD BAD Boy/girl........

Wish i could get that bounty when i kill you... we could split it..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    @found1779 - You have been a very BAD BAD Boy/girl........

Wish i could get that bounty when i kill you... we could split it..

Can we split too? I'm at 77 Mill.

• Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why so many seem to not understand it was a bug not intended to stop people with a bounty from completing this quest people with a bounty are suppose to be able to complete quest even the ones that requires you to talk to a merchant to Finnish it hints why it's getting a fix no need to be hostile towards me when all i was doing was trying to get something fixed that wasn't suppose to happen in the first place

I know that it is a bug, but regardless of that, it SHOULD be intended, and on all NPC's except the fences in my opinion, there needs to be a downside to criminal activity and the downsides we have so far aren't enough.

They should do a one of reset of bounties and then change it so merchant NPC's refuse to deal with you, quest or not.
    Edited by Belidos on November 24, 2015 10:13AM
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Belidos
    Why does there need to be a huge downside on top of guards hunting you and taking your money + no easy access to vendors / banks? It does not give you an advantage. Having a high bounty is basically just a RP option. Stealing items to sell them to the fence takes so much time you will get money faster by just farming plants or whatever.

But I aggree with you that there should be a bounty reset when mechanics like that change. Otherwise it's just not fair. I would not have murdered whole Tamriel if I knew that not being able to finish quests due to that was a thing.
    Edited by Xantaria on November 24, 2015 11:40AM

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol @Belidos "there needs to be a downside"..... really? There is a downside, try it and see how long you can go without easy access to repairs/bank/vendor. being hunted by the invincible city guards

I really don't get why so many players have taken a seemingly ridiculous point of view on this topic. You are actually infavor of retroactively penalizing players for a choice made based on the consequences as they were at the time of making these playstyle choices?

imagine If suddenly they bring in a new area and by the way anyone that made the mages guild final quest option that gave 2 skill points, cant do or complete the quest. Would you not be like....umm what?
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @Belidos "there needs to be a downside"..... really? There is a downside, try it and see how long you can go without easy access to repairs/bank/vendor. being hunted by the invincible city guards

I really don't get why so many players have taken a seemingly ridiculous point of view on this topic. You are actually infavor of retroactively penalizing players for a choice made based on the consequences as they were at the time of making these playstyle choices?

imagine If suddenly they bring in a new area and by the way anyone that made the mages guild final quest option that gave 2 skill points, cant do or complete the quest. Would you not be like....umm what?

Finally Somebody who thinks before he writes. Completely Agree.

• aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably are that guy that kill all the citizens for giggles when you are bored.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not retroactively penalizing anyone, hence the one time clearing of bounties before implementation. It's resetting you to the point where you can make the decision again with the new rule set in mind.

I did forget to add one caveat in my post though, move all quests to non merchant npc's, that way you can still do quests.

I have a character that has a high bounty which I play as a criminal too, and as far as i'm concerned the penalties for committing crime is too minor. It's way too easy to get around them. I would be fine with more restrictions.

As to your mage guild idea. That would be awesome if done right. I've long felt that your decisions in game should effect your quest progression and how you play more. They should have made fighters/mages/legerdemain as either/or choices and had different branches of the main quest lines for each, with multiple choice decisions throughout.
    Edited by Belidos on November 24, 2015 2:21PM
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally Somebody who thinks before he writes. Completely Agree.

Or thinking in preconceived absolutes with no wiggle room or imagination :p
    Edited by Belidos on November 24, 2015 2:22PM
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he is not a criminal
    he is not a bad thief
    he is not a bad hitman
    he is an exploiter who used killing instant spawn NPCs to level up and rack up bounty
    PC EU

• Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

. Stealing items to sell them to the fence takes so much time you will get money faster by just farming plants or whatever.

That's a very grey area, yes you can get more money with less initial effort, however not in shorter over all time. You have to wait for them to sell first on a guild trader first, whereas by stealing you sell it straight away. I do a nice little route, takes about 30 minutes and fence immediately I walk away with a pocket full of gold, or I farm plants for half an hour, stick them on a trader and wait a couple of days for maybe half again the that amount. I know which I prefer.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps yes when the Thieves Guild is up and in operation there could be an occasional quest to remove your bounty? An alternative way of clearing your name if the bounty is so high that even a giant could not reach it to bring it down?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing I can say.
    These two guys are probably going to be King of the Hill when Thieves Guild and DB come out lol.

Practice makes perfect and all that ;)

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    One thing I can say.
    These two guys are probably going to be King of the Hill when Thieves Guild and DB come out lol.

Practice makes perfect and all that ;)

HA! maybe :')

And to the other guys: Yes I do kill NPC's when I'm bored. I'm wiping whole towns. Why?

Why NOT?

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why people are mad about this. It makes no sense. People don't understand that this is a game and that I didn't murder 100000 people in Real life.

I AM NOT A TERRORIST!
    In real life, of course not.
    But IN GAME, YOU ARE! ;)

People want your face on a wanted poster to get the reward.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true thief or master assassin does not declare themselves to be so in front of the whole world.

Oh look - over there - an enchilada ..... *waves paws casually in the air going nowhere near pockets*

Yours with paws (and goodies)
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be interesting once they introduce player enforcers. With bounties in the millions, outlaws will be targets for years!
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be interesting once they introduce player enforcers. With bounties in the millions, outlaws will be targets for years!
    Thankfully, this will never happen.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    Thankfully, this will never happen.

They are slow to introduce things. But they did say they were still working on it. Maybe with Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLC.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Tamriel needs loan sharks. You borrow the money... pay back a bit at a time. If you don't pay, they send goons after you to collect your knee caps. They kill you, over and over and over again. Each time you die at their hands your bounty goes down by a bit. Each time you kill them completely, it goes down a bit more.

Hahah @Gidorick or bail bondsmen! Pay up, or you'll have Dog after ya! Take away the sun glasses and he already looks like an NPC.

dogart.jpg
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what you get for adding something like the justice system months after the game is released. This should be a part of the whole leveling process - some ways of completing quests should become unavailable to criminals but others should open up. It would take some extra work tho. The story of a mass murdering *** saving Tamriel should play out differently than that of a genuine, selfless hero.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on November 24, 2015 7:49PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well yeah you know I'm having the same issue andI just don't understand why people are mad about this. It makes no sense. People don't understand that this is a game and that I didn't murder 100000 people in Real life.

I AM NOT A TERRORIST!

Thank you!

But don't you think that you progression should be halted in order to give more of a realistic game to people that will most likely never notice that realism?

why do YOU even care about how realistic the game is towards other people.

Getting a bit pissed at this kind of behaviour. It is as if people would want me and fellow outlaws to not be able to progress and quit the game. Honestly. Stop messing with other people's way to play a game. It's not your business. And we all know it is intended to still be able to play the game also as an outlaw. What would be the sense of a system that makes you quit a game because you can't progress?

But everyone should have to conform and adapt in order to achieve their goals! If you have a 77 million gold bounty, then the only thing you can currently do in game to advance in this blocked quest is to adapt to the situation by paying that bounty off. Adapting is a sacred cow, is it not?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero ****s given by this OP. Pure gold, Found for Pres.

Even stealing in the videos... love it.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, another action with no consequence mechanic.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true thief or master assassin does not declare themselves to be so in front of the whole world.

Oh look - over there - an enchilada ..... *waves paws casually in the air going nowhere near pockets*

Yours with paws (and goodies)
    Santie Claws

I'm not trying to act like a master assassin or thief. I'm a ruthless murderer who kills anything and everything he sees. someone who likes to be evil and likes to see friendly units suffer.
    Edited by Xantaria on November 25, 2015 1:45PM

• TotterTates
    TotterTates
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killing npc's and acquiring a bounty is an RP option?

Well, it's time to RP those consequences. You just murdered half the town and you expect a resident of that town to speak to you?

You get zero sympathy from me. Enjoy the wait!
    Cuppincakes
    • Imperial Dragonknight (Tank)
    • Pre-TG vMA Score: 459,636 [55:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    • Post-TG vMA Score: 537,328 [53:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    Bäby Spice
    • Altmer Sorc (DPS)
    Alisaeri
    • Dunmer Dragonknight (Healer/DPS)
    Church
    • Argonian Templar (Healer)
    Moon Moon
    • Khajiit Nightblade (DPS)

My Twitch Channel: TotterTanks
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they let you pay for your crimes by spending a long time in jail then Santie will visit and bring you a sweetroll. Well it might be half a sweetroll by the time Santie gets there. This one gets hungry on long journeys - short journeys too. This one is also hungry when standing perfectly still.

More likely though they will hunt you down and you will fall in a messy hail of arrows - or be taken down by a baying mob armed with pitchforks. Or maybe you will be granted a very public execution. This one likes these as no one is watching Santie ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMadAussie wrote: »
    Some of the shite I've seen in this thread. DAYUM. No wonder the community of this game is buggered.
    It's poor game design to for quests to be impossible to finish while you have a bounty.
    Poor.
    Game.
    Design.
    No more, no less.

All you clueless galahs telling OP to "pay the consequences etc"... seriously? Why not just stop OP from logging in 'til his bounty expires. You're all idiots, srs. :trollface:

No worries. They are fixing it so that no matter how evil you are, quest related NPC'S will talk to you and give you what you need. Nevermind they should be running for their lives.

Love the Justice system btw. I think they should add more alternative methods for quests for those who tread the darker paths.