The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can not complete long live the king quest with 4 million bounty ps4

found1779
found1779
✭✭✭
So i get to the part where you got to buy the kings favorite ale and it won't let me cause the bar keeper won't give it to me do to a bounty it's annoying I've sent in a ticket and all they told me to do was get rid of my bounty then try i Can't it's 4 million gold i've been able to complete every other quest in the game with a bounty but not this one see here's a video of me showing what i mean https://youtube.com/watch?v=lgmb2a8wyiw can this please be fixed
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bro, if you wait long enough and not rack up more bounty, your bounty will fall off. Man I wish the guard system would come into the game so someone could collect that bounty on your head... scum.
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Digerati wrote: »
    Bro, if you wait long enough and not rack up more bounty, your bounty will fall off. Man I wish the guard system would come into the game so someone could collect that bounty on your head... scum.

Lol a 4 million bounty is going to take forever to go away i should be able to complete this quest with a bounty needs a fix lol
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, you're either a bad thief or assassin and now you have to face the consequences.
    If you can't afford your bounty, go to pvp for some weeks or play on another character untill it got lower.

It's not the only quest that you can't complete when you have high bounty and I actually like it that way. Otherwise the justice system would be pointless.
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you're either a bad thief or assassin and now you have to face the consequences.
    If you can't afford your bounty, go to pvp for some weeks or play on another character untill it got lower.

It's not the only quest that you can't complete when you have high bounty and I actually like it that way. Otherwise the justice system would be pointless.

I Don't think it's intended to stop players from doing this quest tho it's a mistake that needs fixed and i've been able to complete other quest that requires you to talk to a npc that is a merchant just not this one
    Options
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just pay the bounty
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, i feel not being able to complete quests because of bounties is what makes the justice system pointless. Not that i have a massive bounty but i understand that having a bounty can make even a short dash to the crafting stations much more tense and thus fun. If it means you can't progress in the game THEN it is pointless as nobody wants that.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, i feel not being able to complete quests because of bounties is what makes the justice system pointless. Not that i have a massive bounty but i understand that having a bounty can make even a short dash to the crafting stations much more tense and thus fun. If it means you can't progress in the game THEN it is pointless as nobody wants that.

A good criminal wouldn't have such a high bounty in the first place.

He made a decision to rack up such a high bounty (or made the decision to be a bad criminal that keeps getting caught), and now he has to live with the consequences of that.

He has the option of playing another character for a few weeks while it cools down. Don't like that? Then don't rack up 4 bloody million.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Just pay the bounty

Lol you got 4 million gold you can give me jk plus i like being a outlaw i shouldn't have to change the way i like to play just because of a mistake that i think wasn't intended to stop players with a bounty from completing this quest
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

He made a decision to rack up such a high bounty (or made the decision to be a bad criminal that keeps getting caught), and now he has to live with the consequences of that.

He has the option of playing another character for a few weeks while it cools down. Don't like that? Then don't rack up 4 bloody million.

I Don't think a bounty was intended to stop players from completing this quest tho i think it was a mistake cause i've been able to complete other quest that requires you to talk to a npc that is a merchant just not this one
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Good or bad at what he does makes no difference. It's a feature of the game to be able to play as a mean SOB. But it shouldn't stop him being able to progress the main story.
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could it be that you abused that bug where 1 person would respawn instantly for making quick gold? If thats the case then sry but lol buguser got what he deserves.
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be that you abused that bug where 1 person would respawn instantly for making quick gold? If thats the case then sry but lol buguser got what he deserves.

No
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by found1779 on November 22, 2015 11:11PM
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

No i accumulated it by killing npcs that Don't respawn instantly at giermunds hall mostly i liked being a werewolf there and grouping them up for there stuff then selling it really shouldn't matter how i got it a bounty is not suppose to stop you from completing a quest i bought orsinium to play it the way i want now i'm basically being told i can't complete the main story because of a mistake that needs fixed it every other dlc is going to do this also might as well stop playing all together i should be able to play the way that i want without this stopping me from doing so [/quote]

Edited by found1779 on November 22, 2015 11:17PM
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing the way you want and playing without consequences are two completely different things.

You had fun playing by your rules, now comes time to pay the price. (pardon the pun)
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    Playing the way you want and playing without consequences are two completely different things.

You had fun playing by your rules, now comes time to pay the price. (pardon the pun)

But having a bounty is not suppose to stop you from completing a quest i have been able to complete other quest that requires you to talk to a npc that is a merchant just not this one it's a bug and not suppose to be part of the justice system to stop you from completing quest
    Edited by found1779 on November 22, 2015 11:22PM
    Options
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    you keep saying that you don't THINK it's supposed to stop you... I think that it is.
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    you keep saying that you don't THINK it's supposed to stop you... I think that it is.

No see i completed a quest with a bounty in riften where usually the blacksmith Wouldn't talk to you but the one does still to this day cause i done a quest were you was required to talk to him to complete it even with a bounty he shouldn't still talk to me but he does i can even by from him but the other blacksmith beside him won't sell to me or nother you are suppose to be able to complete complete quest with a bounty so it's a error i think i can't complete long live the king quest with a bounty video of me showing what i mean https://youtube.com/watch?v=ocay1fgpsRM
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 12:04AM
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Please look at this development and patch it so we can also play the way we want
    Options
  • kurioskurion
    kurioskurion
    ✭✭
    Nvm I'm a noob... A noob without a 4 million bounty... But a noob none the less
    Edited by kurioskurion on November 23, 2015 12:50AM
    Options
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont you just let a guard kill you? Bounty will go away

I don't understand..
    N64 NA EP
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol you're never buying that ale in that character, ever. You should have rolled Kahjiit this one never gets caught.
    Edited by Catblade on November 23, 2015 12:56AM
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand..

Lol bounty doesn't go away unless you have the funds to cover it when a guard kills you it will still be there
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    found1779 wrote: »

Lol a 4 million bounty is going to take forever to go away i should be able to complete this quest with a bounty needs a fix lol

No. You need to stop doing things that rack up a bounty. Its a consequence.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 million gold? :open_mouth:
    Oh my, no offence, but looks like someone is really bad at stealing or killing.
    Seriously, I have no idea how its even possible (except that gold farming exploit in Reaper's). I have a char with maxed out "serial killer" and "steal 1 million gold" achievements, and only paid around 5k bounty in total...
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand..

Lol bounty doesn't go away unless you have the funds to cover it when a guard kills you it will still be there

Bounty does go away. Every day for something like 10k or so. My 1-Million bounty mass murderer psycho sorc knows best. Took 3 months to get rid of that. Without ever paying a single piece of gold.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

I don't understand..

Bounty does go away. Every day for something like 10k or so. My 1-Million bounty mass murderer psycho sorc knows best. Took 3 months to get rid of that. Without ever paying a single piece of gold.

At that rate it will take me a year for mine to go away plus i shouldn't have to wait for it to go away just to be able to do this quest it's bugged and not intended to stop players with a bounty from completing it other quest can be completed with a bounty see i completed a quest with a bounty where you have to talk to a blacksmith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocay1fgpsRM
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how experienced OP is at being a complete badass.

If it's possible in other areas of the game then it should be possible here.
    If the offending, mass murdering, psycho, werewolf fiend hadn't had this happen before, where story progression has been halted because of his gameplay style (if that's what you want to call it) then the justice system is broken. And, No. Playing something else should never be an option.

Live and let live.... Even the stark raving lunatics!!
    @ McAttack in game
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with op the guards are there to enforce bounty law etc. I don't think npcs that are required for quests should be part of that system. Especially key story line quests. It ought to be changed
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should stop committing crimes.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime.
    Unless you have gold to pay off the crime.
    No gold means you just have to do the time.
    So I guess waiting off the bounty is for you!
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
      Options