Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Can not complete long live the king quest with 4 million bounty ps4

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you effing serious? You sent in a support ticket because a merchant refuses to deal with you for have a 4 million gold bounty? Quit wasting their time and either clear your bounty, or skip that quest ffs.
    Just when I thought I had seen all the stupidity the world had to offer, this post came to light.
    Edited by Alucardo on November 23, 2015 6:20AM
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Are you effing serious? You sent in a support ticket because a merchant refuses to deal with you for have a 4 million gold bounty? Quit wasting their time and either clear your bounty, or skip that quest ffs.
    Just when I thought I had seen all the stupidity the world had to offer, this post came to light.

No it isn't stupid because i accumulated my bounty playing the game the way i wanted and up until this point i haven't had a problem completing quest that even requires you to talk to a merchant to Finnish it but this quest i am so it's a bug i don't want to get rid of my bounty just to Finnish a quest i should be able to Finnish with a bounty it's bugged and needs fixed
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    found1779 wrote: »

No it isn't stupid because i accumulated my bounty playing the game the way i wanted and up until this point i haven't had a problem completing quest that even requires you to talk to a merchant to Finnish it but this quest i am so it's a bug i don't want to get rid of my bounty just to Finnish a quest i should be able to Finnish with a bounty it's bugged and needs fixed

The quest is in a city, crawling with guards as said for the millionth time, where guards will kill you on sight.

It is not a bug, you have a massive bounty, which, just as in real life, which is gonna make the local populace not like you very much.

I really am not surpised Zeni told you to pay off your bounty and are basically ignoring you, you are wasting their time.

It is common sense that real life criminals do not exactly go about in the open in the public eye, and people are not gonna talk to them.

Same ingame too, in towns etc , it is different for quests, as its meant to be places of law and order, out in the field, its different.

Enjoy waiting for the "bug" to be fixed.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you've been lucky to get through the game with a bounty up until now does NOT mean it's a bug. You have a bounty - making you a wanted criminal.
    You can't even talk to guild traders with a bounty. It's not a bug - it's part of the game. Move on with your life and accept your fate as a criminal scum.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on November 23, 2015 7:19PM
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

The quest is in a city, crawling with guards as said for the millionth time, where guards will kill you on sight.

It is not a bug, you have a massive bounty, which, just as in real life, which is gonna make the local populace not like you very much.

I really am not surpised Zeni told you to pay off your bounty and are basically ignoring you, you are wasting their time.

It is common sense that real life criminals do not exactly go about in the open in the public eye, and people are not gonna talk to them.

Same ingame too, in towns etc , it is different for quests, as its meant to be places of law and order, out in the field, its different.

Sarcasm at it's worst
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's play as you want - where there are actual consequences for each action. Killing thousands upon thousands of innocents shouldn't let you still be able to do whatever you want. Granted, it's annoying to not be able to finish the quest because your bounty is that large, but it's just the same as in Morrowind where if you're a Vampire 90% of people attack you on sight - even quest givers/receivers. The advice they gave to clear your bounty is good in that you should still be able to do the quest easily if you did that, but obviously you're at the point where you can a). wait it out and play an alt whilst this is happening, b). somehow earn the 14mil needed to pay it off, or c). keep complaining to Customer Support until they clear your bounty which may or may not happen.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sarcasm at it's worst

Truth at its best actually.

And was said to yet again highlight the utter ludicrousness of your OP, and the fact that pretty much everyone on the thread says basically the same, might actually mean something?

I completed the quest, so have many others? have you?

Oh yeah, that`s right......

As I said before, your whole thread is a classic example of how a life of crime does not pay.

And yet you wonder why Zeni is ignoring you?

Lol, just lol.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    It's play as you want - where there are actual consequences for each action. Killing thousands upon thousands of innocents shouldn't let you still be able to do whatever you want. Granted, it's annoying to not be able to finish the quest because your bounty is that large, but it's just the same as in Morrowind where if you're a Vampire 90% of people attack you on sight - even quest givers/receivers. The advice they gave to clear your bounty is good in that you should still be able to do the quest easily if you did that, but obviously you're at the point where you can a). wait it out and play an alt whilst this is happening, b). somehow earn the 14mil needed to pay it off, or c). keep complaining to Customer Support until they clear your bounty which may or may not happen.

I don't want my bounty cleared i just want to be able to complete the quest like all the other quest i can complete with a bounty even the one's where you talk to a merchant i can complete just not this one
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you've been lucky to get through the game with a bounty up until now does NOT mean it's a bug. You have a bounty - making you a wanted criminal.
    Now I'm not sure if you're just trolling or if you're really this stupid, but you can't even talk to guild traders with a bounty. It's not a bug - it's part of the game. Move on with your life and accept your fate as a criminal scum.

Dude i'm aware you can not talk to guild traders with a bounty but this is a regular npc merchant if the merchant gives you a quest you can complete it by talking to them hints why i should be able to Finnish this quest the same way see i'm allowed to talk to this blacksmith with a bounty after i completed a quest for them in riften there are others also in the game where you can complete it by talking to a merchant so this one should be no exception it's not part of the justice system it's a bug nothing else https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocay1fgpsRM
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 6:44AM
    Options
  • McSwaggins
    McSwaggins
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't even believe this is a post. You rack up a 4 million gold bounty, by killing innocents, stealing, etc. And then you expect to be able to walk into a highly populated town, with guards everywhere, and expect not to be targeted, or to talk to a merchant without them not wanting a criminal with a 4 MILLION GOLD BOUNTY in their store. IM pretty sure if someone walked into a store you owned, who has killed many innocents, you wouldn't want to serve them either. Maybe just refrain from killing innocent people....
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    McSwaggins wrote: »
    I honestly can't even believe this is a post. You rack up a 4 million gold bounty, by killing innocents, stealing, etc. And then you expect to be able to walk into a highly populated town, with guards everywhere, and expect not to be targeted, or to talk to a merchant without them not wanting a criminal with a 4 MILLION GOLD BOUNTY in their store. IM pretty sure if someone walked into a store you owned, who has killed many innocents, you wouldn't want to serve them either. Maybe just refrain from killing innocent people....

I'm allowed to play however i want and it's not part of the justice system to be able to not complete a quest with a bounty
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 6:47AM
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm allowed to play however i want and it's not part of the justice system to be able to not complete a quest with a bounty

...says the person complaining that he can't talk to an upstanding businessman because he's killed thousands of innocents needlessly.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • McSwaggins
    McSwaggins
    ✭✭✭

Yes it's play how you want, but that doesn't mean playing your certain play style means that you get away with everything and have no consequences. If you steal and kill innocents, it is expected that gaurds will not let you in their town, because guess what, GUARDS ARE A PART OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM. And as you would expect, guards will spread the word to locals, that there is a person with a god damn 4 million gold bounty in town, and that includes, you guessed it, merchants. They will not want a god damn serial killer in their store. How can you not get this through your head?
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

...says the person complaining that he can't talk to an upstanding businessman because he's killed thousands of innocents needlessly.

No says the person who has had this bounty for awhile now and been able to complete every quest up until this point even ones where you talk to a merchant to complete it but i can't this one it's a bug otherwise other quest would be the same way but they ain't just this one
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one is disputing the fact that you cannot play how you want, fair play to you, play how you want.

Where myself and many others have tried continually to educate you is thusly the fact that you are a wanted criminal, and yet you expect the same priveleges that normal players share.

I.E the ability to speak to anyone in the towns etc and not be accosted by guards or w/e, it is a natural karmic state of you being a criminal, the only bug as you said, is the fact that you have got away for so long doing quests and yet somehow completing them when you have such a towering bounty of excessive size hanging over you, most npcs do not talk to criminals.

As stated many times, you are going into a populated area and convinced despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary that you deserve the same rights as a law abiding citizen/player in the game to be able to operate as they do, when you are a criminal, you have no rights, you are as the Ordinator guards said in the classic Morrowind - Criminal Scum.

Pay your debt to the ingame society and then you can move freely round the towns and cities once more and then you will have no problem completing the quest as most of us have already done.

You are to blame for your problem, not Zeni, not anyone else

You.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

Yes it's play how you want, but that doesn't mean playing your certain play style means that you get away with everything and have no consequences. If you steal and kill innocents, it is expected that gaurds will not let you in their town, because guess what, GUARDS ARE A PART OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM. And as you would expect, guards will spread the word to locals, that there is a person with a god damn 4 million gold bounty in town, and that includes, you guessed it, merchants. They will not want a god damn serial killer in their store. How can you not get this through your head?

Cause other quest i can complete where i talk to a merchant to complete it but not this one so i know it's suppose to happen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocay1fgpsRM
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

No one is disputing the fact that you cannot play how you want, fair play to you, play how you want.

Where myself and many others have tried continually to educate you is thusly the fact that you are a wanted criminal, and yet you expect the same priveleges that normal players share.

I.E the ability to speak to anyone in the towns etc and not be accosted by guards or w/e, it is a natural karmic state of you being a criminal, the only bug as you said, is the fact that you have got away for so long doing quests and yet somehow completing them when you have such a towering bounty of excessive size hanging over you, most npcs do not talk to criminals.

As stated many times, you are going into a populated area and convinced despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary that you deserve the same rights as a law abiding citizen/player in the game to be able to operate as they do, when you are a criminal, you have no rights, you are as the Ordinator guards said in the classic Morrowind - Criminal Scum.

Pay your debt to the ingame society and then you can move freely round the towns and cities once more and then you will have no problem completing the quest as most of us have already done.

You are to blame for your problem, not Zeni, not anyone else

You.

An as i have stated it's not part of the justice system to not allow you to complete a quest with a bounty see so i should this one also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocay1fgpsRM
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 6:57AM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are abusing this "play how you want" statement in too many arguments. If people could truly play however they pleased this game would be an insufferable mess.

Edited by Alucardo on November 23, 2015 7:00AM
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess you finally had your karma catch up with you is all I'll say. We've all said multiple times that this is due to the bounty you have, and the fact that you can still talk to other merchants is dumb luck.

People have been asking for more consequences to the justice system, so I guess we have them

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enjoy the karma OP, as numerous people have tried multiple times to educate you in common sense.

And why do you keep posting that ridiculously bad video every 2 mins, no one cares, not even Zeni cares seemingly.

Your choices are simple, pay the bounty off, of which, you are completely to blame.

Or level a alt or park your char in Cyro for the next millenium.

You are a criminal, enjoy the fruits of your labours and stop blaming Zos for your continual mistakes, your quest lies in a city, you are not welcome there.

Your fault, your bed, lie in it.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess you finally had your karma catch up with you is all I'll say. We've all said multiple times that this is due to the bounty you have, and the fact that you can still talk to other merchants is dumb luck.

People have been asking for more consequences to the justice system, so I guess we have them

No it isn't dumb luck it's intended this way just like the long live the king quest is suppose to be but isn't it's bugged
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree they need to fix this. You should have encountered a problem much sooner.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

I agree they need to fix this. You should have encountered a problem much sooner.

Thank you at least someone here has common sense lol
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all agree with his statement. I said it two pages back in my first post on here.

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even in this you are wrong, think he/she means that you should have encountered your current issue way way sooner than now, and the common sense is shown from almost every poster here, and Zeni..

Wrong again:}

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Options
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you willing to have ZOS have all the justice system achievements removed from your account and all the money and items from fencing goods even if that puts you in -gold? if not then you want to have your cake and eat it.
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who racks up a 4mil bounty?

I mean, after laughing, my sympathies.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow absolutely 0 compassion for OP in this thread. Certain people should feel ashamed that they would rather bicker and LARP about what is acceptable behavior in a video game rather than support OP in their enjoyment of the game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , any chance for a work around to be introduced for this issue?

Hmm hardly deserving of compassion IMO, as to me and others it is a simple matter of common sense.

Imagine a mass murderer in RL, they are hardly going to go into a major city and go into Pizza Hut or something in the open, where people/authorities are gonna recognise them and subsequently get busted.

It is the Justice system after all, and people with bounties made the conscious choice to be in that criminal category.

It is not a bug that OP cannot complete the quest when hes in a city crawling with guards and NPCs who reflect normal people, normal people are not gonna talk to criminals.

Ye its a game, but jeez, lets have some sort of realism in the game, especially with a laughable 4 million gold bounty, if phase 2 of Justice system ever gets implemented, how long do you honestly think the OP is gonna last without being lit up by bounty hunters?

Are they gonna care that he cannot understandably complete a quest?

Nope they are not, they are gonna light him up and enjoy the payday and rightly so.

I have no problem with OP enjoying the game as he sees fit, but some parameters of common sense needs to come into play regarding stuff, that is why we have underground sanctuaries for the more criminally minded, and I dare say everyone who has partaken in criminal activities in the game are not gonna go into guard populated areas lightly, they are gonna go in sneak and try to stay alive to get to the sanctuaries, and pay off bounties or go to Cyro and park there for a while till the accrued bounty goes down.

TBH , OP I have never even heard of anyone having that high a bounty ever in this game, so you are definitely famous sir:}

Well played haha.

I do hope you manage to complete the quest in like half a thousand years tho:P

But the rest of Orsinium is open for ya, enjoy it, so you are getting to play what you paid for, just not all:P

@SHADOW2KK

>Common sense
    >All quests able to be done despite bounty
    >Suddenly a quest can't be
    >Common sense
    >Realism
    >4 million gold bounty
    >Realism
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert , it it intended for players to not be able to complete quest lines if they have a bounty?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Zilch
    Zilch
    ✭✭✭
    If it's not possible to complete a quest in a DLC, due to a bounty, they should probably inform people about that...
    It's time for an overhaul of the current loot system!
    Implement a Token-System, so people get rewarded for their time invested!
    RNG^RNG is both tedious and undesirable!
    Options