Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Show me Your sorcerer :P

• bhlegit
    bhlegit
    ✭✭✭
    must be a bug cant see any indication of kena proc or spell power cure, both of which one would need to get spell dmg this high
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one of my more recent tests. Power Surge buff and food.

2016-02-29-12-37-13_zpsw6butbxx.png
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 7, 2016 3:36AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LordSidious
    LordSidious
    ✭✭✭
    My build is absolute trash, hence why I've posted a thread here asking for advice haha. Here it is though (Level 39) :(
    S3nsvUv.jpg
    Admiral of the Salty Swordsmen
    "A man of the seas and I captain I be, 'ole Pinkbeard, a many booty I please."

Xbox One NA - Aldmeri Dominion
    Gamertag: Bogeh
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My build is absolute trash, hence why I've posted a thread here asking for advice haha. Here it is though (Level 39) :(
    S3nsvUv.jpg

@LordSidious man, you're too low leveled to be getting a hard time for your build.

You don't have a lot of stats yet, it's cool.

Don't worry about gear, you'll out level it in hours.

Your skills prob aren't leveled so you're gonna wanna use a lot of weird stuff.

Get up into the highet levels, then worry about stats, just have fun!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LordSidious
    LordSidious
    ✭✭✭

@LordSidious man, you're too low leveled to be getting a hard time for your build.

You don't have a lot of stats yet, it's cool.

Don't worry about gear, you'll out level it in hours.

Your skills prob aren't leveled so you're gonna wanna use a lot of weird stuff.

Get up into the highet levels, then worry about stats, just have fun!
    I appreciate it since I'm convinced I'm in the top five worst sorcerers alive haha. I'm on Xbox as well so I'll send you a friend request and maybe we'll run into each in Cyrodiil sometime.

Admiral of the Salty Swordsmen
    "A man of the seas and I captain I be, 'ole Pinkbeard, a many booty I please."

Xbox One NA - Aldmeri Dominion
    Gamertag: Bogeh
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TARAFRAKA wrote: »
    And does it affect tool tips etc? Please be detailed. Us console users have tons of glitches that we aren't aware of vs PC so I want to see if it's glitched. I've seen damage shoot to 15k on a friends sheet for no reason. I've noted in certain areas my numbers change wildy without any action from me (gear change etc) and the normal reasons don't apply like entering cyro.

You pretty much got it. For console it's just a random bug that effects our stat sheet. I posted a pic on a bugged out sheet earlier.

I think though, he thought u used this to get that high of spell dmg, or was referencing me.

Dunno, doesn't really matter.

How's your spell dmg so high? Wuts ur gear? :)

Aww now I understand why he was being so snide. On console we don't have many ways to see what is/isn't affecting our tool tips etc with no explanation unless you go digging like I did.
    I'm wearing 5pc Julianos/4 pc Magnus/Dual wield/resto/all v16 legendary with magicka enchants/willpower arcane x3 w/legendary spell damage enchants + buffs and 336 CP points. I was at 300 in that pic I think?
    Now I've traded helm/shoulder for legendary engine guardian in divine (thanks RNG) w magic enchants & dual wield 2x torugs pact. Oh and 5 L 1 M 1 H + undaunted passive obviously.
    I just want to find a way to see my REAL spell damage FOR SURE. Ideas?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And does it affect tool tips etc? Please be detailed. Us console users have tons of glitches that we aren't aware of vs PC so I want to see if it's glitched. I've seen damage shoot to 15k on a friends sheet for no reason. I've noted in certain areas my numbers change wildy without any action from me (gear change etc) and the normal reasons don't apply like entering cyro.

You pretty much got it. For console it's just a random bug that effects our stat sheet. I posted a pic on a bugged out sheet earlier.

I think though, he thought u used this to get that high of spell dmg, or was referencing me.

Aww now I understand why he was being so snide. On console we don't have many ways to see what is/isn't affecting our tool tips etc with no explanation unless you go digging like I did.
    I'm wearing 5pc Julianos/4 pc Magnus/Dual wield/resto/all v16 legendary with magicka enchants/willpower arcane x3 w/legendary spell damage enchants + buffs and 336 CP points. I was at 300 in that pic I think?
    Now I've traded helm/shoulder for legendary engine guardian in divine (thanks RNG) w magic enchants & dual wield 2x torugs pact. Oh and 5 L 1 M 1 H + undaunted passive obviously.

On console, the best we have is a "cold" look. What I mean is, after logging into the game, without activating any abilities, without changing gear, open your character screen. That's the most likely not to be bugged.

For me, the bug only really occurs after changing gear.

As for your spell dmg, I have the same gear at purp and gold. After surge Im running close to 3900 spll dmg. I am going to say yours hits 4k and a bit more. That's why I wasn't surprised by your spell dmg.

On a non procc set up I think highest possible is: x1 kena x5 julianos, x3 willpower, x2 Krag, x1 goldwill power sword (unless nirnhoned would increase stats) in terms of spll dmg stat. Running Apprentice (spll dmg right?) All divines gold.

Hit surge, I could see the stats saying close to 4700
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On console, the best we have is a "cold" look. What I mean is, after logging into the game, without activating any abilities, without changing gear, open your character screen. That's the most likely not to be bugged.

For me, the bug only really occurs after changing gear.

As for your spell dmg, I have the same gear at purp and gold. After surge Im running close to 3900 spll dmg. I am going to say yours hits 4k and a bit more. That's why I wasn't surprised by your spell dmg.

On a non procc set up I think highest possible is: x1 kena x5 julianos, x3 willpower, x2 Krag, x1 goldwill power sword (unless nirnhoned would increase stats) in terms of spll dmg stat. Running Apprentice (spll dmg right?) All divines gold.

Hit surge, I could see the stats saying close to 4700

Now that's what I needed to know! Once scrolling text comes it will make it a bit easier to actually see your damage like pc users knowing theirs precisely coming in at 10 to 20k dps etc and we have no clue. And yes of course, I'm running the apprentice stone in that pic. I'm going to try what you suggested tomorrow and see what my correct damage is, I'm extremely curious.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uQPUkBh.png

Almost Veteran 9 now, came across a couple Soulshine set pieces (which I have a set of four now) while questing and that's helped a bit. Also bought some staves from the Guild stores so I had proper spell damage.

I've also changed her armor to all black cause it looks better than an actual color. I love being a "Black Mage" even though I'm mainly a Storm Mage. I came up with the idea if I ever started a guild, it would be an all Khajiit group called the Black Cats. ;)
    Edited by ArchMikem on March 18, 2016 5:57AM
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far with 4 pieces desert rose and 3 bahramas curse, all purple gear/weapons, while I wait for a mate to craft some decent stuff, just too damn lazy myself ;) Using this build as an off-healer and damage dealer with overload

With bound armour for magicka buff

Screenshot_20160318_190443.png

without, because bound armour looks pony

Screenshot_20160318_190451.png
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why cant the Console version have the PC UI layout? It's so much cleaner and compact.

Also what does being a Plus Member give you in terms of buffs. Is it jut an xp gain boost and that's it?
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mixed v11/v12 gear, Julianos (x5) and Torugs (x3-4), soulshine x2, all purple magicka enchantment, all armours are blue (infused/divine), all weapons are purple.

with food and major sorcery buff
    xyK1Cg9.jpg
    lyuBDFb.jpg
    greylox wrote: »
    So far with 4 pieces desert rose and 3 bahramas curse, all purple gear/weapons, while I wait for a mate to craft some decent stuff, just too damn lazy myself ;) Using this build as an off-healer and damage dealer with overload

With bound armour for magicka buff

without, because bound armour looks pony

you can use the reward head costume from a main quest of Orsinium, it will hide the bound armour.
    Edited by crislevin on March 19, 2016 3:01AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem no buffs from eso membership, just xp boost gold finding boost and 10% reduction on research time. Those are the only in game benefits
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OcKdNns.png

I finally memorized the linked image code. :p

My numbers are getting better! Done some investing in armor sets. I have x3 Soulshine, and x3 Twilight's Embrace, all varying levels between VR7 and VR9 cause I don't have my clothing up to 50 yet and I could only find the appropriate level Soulshine chest piece in the guild traders. Put still I've been blazing through NPC mobs now.

I also did my first group dungeon tonight. I was VR9. The dungeon was scaled to VR16. I was a very, very scared Healer. I still have to do the Banished Cells for the Undaunted if anyone would like to hold my hand while I heal you?
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hows your skill line up for heal?
    Edited by crislevin on March 19, 2016 11:07AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Hows your skill line up for heal?

I just started using it a couple levels back, I think it's only up to 29? But I have Illustrious Healing, Rapid Regeneration, and Combat Prayer as my healing/buff abilities.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aSfZPKo.png

My numbers are getting higher. :)

Purple Lightning Staff of Flame
    x4 Soulshine
    x4 Twilight's Embrace
    ^will be five once i finish researching the last trait on my epaulets.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    aSfZPKo.png

My numbers are getting higher. :)

Purple Lightning Staff of Flame
    x4 Soulshine
    x4 Twilight's Embrace
    ^will be five once i finish researching the last trait on my epaulets.

do you use food buff?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    do you use food buff?

Not really. I got some crown fortifying meals for when I eventually went into Cyrodiil a little, but other than that no.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FcJyhOM.png

Leveled up in Cyrodiil. Those daily quests give you so much xp compared to the stupid side quests in the Alliance zones.

Still the same gear, but have a purple Vet11 Inferno staff now and all my Twilight's Embrace gear is Vet11.

Did another dye job too. Look like an actual Pact Baddass now. (even though I'm a crap player)
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    CVYxxLo.jpg

2x Heavy Peices
    5x Light

All divines except heavy reinforced molag kena helm

5x Law of Julianos
    2x Molag Kena
    2x Tourgs Pact
    3x Willpower

Orsinium Food
    Power Surge
    Boundless Storm
    Molag Kena Proc

I prefer this for PVP 1vX. High magika regen ftw.

r0FmwME.jpg
    Edited by aLi3nZ on March 23, 2016 11:20AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aLi3nZ A lot of your numbers are close to mine, but that spell damage though. Makes me envious.

I can't wait till I can craft better sets.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aLi3nZ A lot of your numbers are close to mine, but that spell damage though. Makes me envious.

I can't wait till I can craft better sets.

Molag kena proc adds 500ish spell damage. There are a lot of ways to get over 3k spell dmg thankfully.

Im trying to finish my new build, lower on spell dmg but focused on abilities.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DVfm0RV.png

Finished Cadwell's Gold, outfitted with new armor set, and ditched the Heavy pieces for all Light. Some of my numbers are a little higher now while others took a dive, and I'm still very squishy.

All Light Armor
    x3 Torug's Pact
    x4 Martial Knowledge
    x3 Soulshine (Jewelry)

I thought ahead and invested in some armor for when I get to Vet14 and 16, getting some higher level Martial Knowledge and Willpower items, stashed in the bank for later.

Also, spent two nights with a map of all the Lorebooks, filling out collection after collection until finally leveling Mage's Guild to 10 and unlocking Meteor.
    Molag kena proc adds 500ish spell damage.

So not only do you have to do the White Gold Tower, beat the final boss, and hope it drops, but also do a veteran dungeon plus it's challenge, and hope that drops, only to have something that gives you a spell damage boost only when it procs?

I'd rather spend time getting my number up permanently.
    Edited by ArchMikem on March 27, 2016 5:20AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DVfm0RV.png

Finished Cadwell's Gold, outfitted with new armor set, and ditched the Heavy pieces for all Light. Some of my numbers are a little higher now while others took a dive, and I'm still very squishy.

All Light Armor
    x3 Torug's Pact
    x4 Martial Knowledge
    x3 Soulshine (Jewelry)

I thought ahead and invested in some armor for when I get to Vet14 and 16, getting some higher level Martial Knowledge and Willpower items, stashed in the bank for later.

Also, spent two nights with a map of all the Lorebooks, filling out collection after collection until finally leveling Mage's Guild to 10 and unlocking Meteor.
    Molag kena proc adds 500ish spell damage.

So not only do you have to do the White Gold Tower, beat the final boss, and hope it drops, but also do a veteran dungeon plus it's challenge, and hope that drops, only to have something that gives you a spell damage boost only when it procs?

I'd rather spend time getting my number up permanently.

It's not a procc...you just activate it in your rotation, which wil net in an uptime of ~80%+...so it's a really high boost to spelldmg.
    Noobplar
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2016-03-28-12-50-15_zps4kmqu8tc.png

Hey guys. Here is my current work in progress. All purp armor so far, no undaunted yet. But there is a gold staff :)

Almost fully buffed

Edit: whoops had wrong pic up
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 28, 2016 6:51PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht That's actually pretty low spell resistance, though judging by your magic pool you probably just soak up everything using wards anyway.

Do you use Annulment and Hardened Ward, or just the Ward?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem I just use hardened ward. It procs my trinimac so spamming it, or refreshing it more often I should say, becomes a boon.

Resistance matter very very little to a sorc. Damage over flow from shield to hp is unmitigated by armor, resistance only plays a roll if you are taking a hit with no shield up at all, at which point you are sol already (basically) so I ignore resistance.

Ive only slotted annulment when I went 1v1 with a magicka nb emp. Stacking was my only hope and even then it came down to the wire.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SeventhJaff
    SeventhJaff
    ✭✭✭
    Removed.
    Edited by SeventhJaff on February 20, 2017 9:06PM
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    A FYI to all the sorcs looking at most of these 4k+ Spell damage builds... Almost all of those screenshots are tooltip bugs. Those stats are not correct
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...