Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loading Screens, an update

• Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night In Crodill was a sad sad affair.

4 Long loading screens from within Cryodil for no reason.

Sadly this was not just me experiancing this. A number of people in TS had the same thing. Some had it worse than me.

We all enter a loading screen, some droped out of that in under 5 minutes, me about 10 minutes, someone else over 15 minutes........

30 mins play in the hour, things are getting better!!

Morning Zos employee reading this btw, I dont think we have said hello before, but its nice that your lurking. Ill just pretend that your not there so we don't embarress you.
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Embarress?
    I think they are already ashamed of themselves to the point of ignorance.
    Edited by Van_0S on November 5, 2015 11:59AM
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok sorry, embarrass then.

My fail in English in no way lessens the anger many are feeling with both the loading screens and the lack of communication on the behalf of Zos
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm not going to be playing today either. I did wait five minutes before giving up.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I found people in my TS raid that had it worse than me, one person was singing the "Loading Screen Song" for 15 minutes......

Sadly, this was one of those random "LOADING SCREEN FOR NO REASON ON KEEP TAKE!!" so not avoidable by running.

5 of us got this at the same time when we captured a keep. Kind of prooves this is server side.

Also all players have been around for the last (almost) two years

Should we just delete our old characters and play new ones if the issue is the old toons? maybe Zos could help by cloneing this characters then deleteing the old ones and giving the clones the same name?

Dont know, probably the unique ID isnt the name, but still, throw us a bone here Zos

Morning @ZOS_GinaBruno btw, sorry forgot to say that at the start, I dont wish to sound rude. Maners cost nothing after all.

(a bit like a 20 second post giving whatever information you have on the issue)

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I dont see WHY older characters should be affected more, I have tried moving everything I can into a guild bank, away from my own bank and character inventory.

No dice.

is this to do with achievements or collectables being added to my character loading time?

If so, why me and not the annoying people who zone in 30 seconds (which isnt great either btw, but still)

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is weird, I never got longer loading times than max 2 - 3 minutes...I am VR1. Not even to Cyrodiil
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This loading screen issue really needs to be fixed. It takes me over a minute just to get into and out of the temple in Orsinium. I feel like I'm doing more waiting than gaming these days.

This started with IC and is STILL not fixed.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    this is weird, I never got longer loading times than max 2 - 3 minutes...I am VR1. Not even to Cyrodiil

While many have longer loading screens than you, for me personally even 2-3 min is absolutely not acceptable. I mean i remember 30 min loading on my first Atari 65 xe, but the hardware advanced a little bit.
    Edited by sadownik on November 6, 2015 10:55AM
    Options
  • Olivierko
    Olivierko
    ✭✭✭
    If anything it's gotten worse for me since the last patch, I'm getting endless loading screens when porting/reviving between keeps in Cyrodiil, had to restart my client entirely twice last night and once the night before due to this.
    Addons:PointificatorRaidificator

1. Dar'diov ★ AvA 25 ★ Nightblade
    2. Tig'ger ★ AvA 9 ★ Dragonknight
    3. Ba'bushka ★ AvA 28 ★ Sorcerer
    4. Hails-To-Putin ★ AvA 18 ★ Templar
    5. Ba'boon ★ AvA 13 ★ Sorcerer

6. PC EU ★ Aldmeri DominionYoutube
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly you dont need to restart the client. The correct process is

Enter loading Screen

Then either:-
    1. Complete Expenses for the week
    2. Do 3 set of 15 press ups
    3. Make a coffee
    4. Phone mum to remind her your still alive
    5. Run Minion on the off chance auto invite is updated since you last looked
    6. Post on the forums

Since IC and because of ESO
    • All my accounts in order
    • I have the ability to do 50 pressups with my daughter standing on my back (without being sick!)
    • I shake and sweat if I dont have a coffee
    • My mum has blocked my number
    • My addons are all up to date to the last 15 minutes
    • My post count on the forums is rising to new levels

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was patches, big update, maintenance and so what? Loadscreens continue to kill the game. 2+ months without fix. I hate it.
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax is quiet like always...
    Edited by Malmai on November 6, 2015 12:35PM
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »

Hmm i would say Z. is quieter than usuall. Call me paranoid but there is something fishy going on and it has nothing to do with perfect roe.

Look here
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/229391/zenimax-what-is-the-game-you-actually-play-with-us
    Options
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Malmai wrote: »

Hmm i would say Z. is quieter than usuall. Call me paranoid but there is something fishy going on and it has nothing to do with perfect roe.

#1: 60%-90% loading screen time is waiting for zone-server respond for success make synchronization, when you change zone.

#2: If you ride/run too fast at zone, you can take loading screen, because game client is 32bit and use only ~2GB RAM.

That is two main loading screen issues.
    loading_screen_by_lopez_the_heavy-d4fvf6d.jpg
    Still waiting for Sithis.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well yesterday was interesting.

I managed to Zone into the game in under 3 minutes.

From logon screen to Wrothgar in 2:36

sadly one quick ride later RANDOM LOADING SCREEN!!!

7 mins later.........

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was almsot enough to make me rage-quit.

EVERY port from within Cryodil takes 9 mins +

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »
    Since @ZOS_BrianWheeler told us there was some kind of fix in the works

1425w5v.jpg

We have not seen any improvement, or much word from the Devs.

A news blackout.

Was his reply to the original post misjudged? Is the reason for zero additional comment a sign that this will NEVER be fixed? At least not in the foreseeable future?

This issue is game breaking for many, if it wasn't for a large guild I am part of, I would have moved on to a different game.

5-10 minutes every time I change zone (or heaven forbid, I crash in Cyrodiil and its full when I try to zone back in, giveing 2 loading screens in serial, 10-20 mins)

Give us some kind of official response instead of closing posts, telling us there are enough posts on the subject, none of which have any comment from the Devs.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler we need your answer...
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »

@ZOS_BrianWheeler we need your answer...

I think @ZOS_BrianWheeler said something he was not meant to and was slapped down by Zenemax

Hence there being NOTHING since that little white lie

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys at Zos at least know what the cause is.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the affects?

As non-vet and low vet characters dont feel this issue nearly as much, are there items in our inventorys that if we deleted we could speed up load times?

Achivements that are loading up that are slowing things down>?

I would willingly let you delete these if this was the case

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was bad.

Normally it would be the first zone in Cryodil that takes time, any subsequent port would be almost instant.

But last night many people in the raid would face loading screens that would force them to alt f4 when they took a transit portal.

On A number of occasions, multple people in the same raid would get a random loading screen once a keep was taken or a wall was repaired. This could take up to 10 mins and all players were locked out.

Weirdly all players came back at exactly the same time.

All from different places in the EU and the UK. So England, Germany, Holland and Turkey (and Yorkshire)

So all different ISP's(from 2 mb all the way to T1), Client OS's/Harware (some crappy laptops like mine, some awesome Skylake Monsters) and different levels of Addons etc (some players have none, some have extreme UI modifications)

The issue is at Zenemaxs end, not the customers.

Why are we not getting spoken to? This issue affects a noticable % of your playerbase.

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler thank you for letting us all know that ZOS is aware of the loading screen issues. After the last patch i have not really noticed an improvement. As im sure you know, loading screens can be very frustrating. If you can, please provide us with an update reguarding the progress of fixes for loading screen time issues.

Thank you
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
    Options
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »
    Fun stuff, logged in today from work, I had 25 minutes free.

14 of them were spent on the logon screen

This left me with 11 minutes.

This is pretty much my experience when it comes to picking up all of my hireling emails on nine characters (spread over two accounts) twice daily. I pretty much ceased playing the game a month ago due to not being able to take it anymore. I logged in when Orsinium came out just to go there and look around then, when it took nearly 2 minutes to enter a building, I logged for the night. Tried again yesterday after 2.2.5 hit and same problem. Enough for me for now.
    Edited by nathan_bri on November 10, 2015 7:07PM
    Options
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    My theory is they downgraded their server infrastructure due to less revenue—gotta cut somewhere—and this is the nasty byproduct.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged out after getting FOUR long loading screens in a row just trying to ride my tiger through Orsinium. Load screens are FREQUENT, seem to appear for no reason at all, and ALL load screens, the unexpected random ones AND those you expect to encounter while using a Wayshrine or traveling to another player TAKE FOREVER.

ZOS PLEASE tell us you actually KNOW about this and ACKNOWLEDGE it as a problem that you are actively working on fixing. These constant load screens are killing my desire to play this game at all.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I just logged out after getting FOUR long loading screens in a row just trying to ride my tiger through Orsinium. Load screens are FREQUENT, seem to appear for no reason at all, and ALL load screens, the unexpected random ones AND those you expect to encounter while using a Wayshrine or traveling to another player TAKE FOREVER.

ZOS PLEASE tell us you actually KNOW about this and ACKNOWLEDGE it as a problem that you are actively working on fixing. These constant load screens are killing my desire to play this game at all.

Mine seemed to have improved at least some after yesterday's maintenance.
    The Teach - AD Templar
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jep its worse than before. now even releasing to a keep in cyrodiil is connected to a 2-5+min loadingscreen...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you hear about the bear in the Crown Shop? Check that out!
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest they at least take the "unusually long load time" text off... It is only calling attention to the problem. At least we could enjoy the art for a couple of minutes. XD
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rayste wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Mine seemed to have improved at least some after yesterday's maintenance.

Mine was improved week ago after Orsinium kicked in. First night was ok. Then back to old ways.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options