Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loading Screens, an update

• Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artheiron wrote: »
    Loading screen durations are indeed longer than other mmos but it's ok. The issue is really long (+5 mins/ssd/high end pc) and sometimes even infinite loading screens randomly appear. Especially when you leave cyrodiil, switch to another campain and return back to cyrodiil. When I alt f4 the game before re-entering cyrodiil usually fixes this for me temporarily.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this one. Anything over 15 seconds in today's gaming world is too long
    Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You devs want to know what loading screens should look like? Go check out ffxiv, swtor, lotro, wildstar, wow.. Any of them really. When you switch, port, change zones its almost instant, couple of seconds at most. The 10 to 15 second loads remind me of everquest 1.

This should not be happening with a modern mmo. Period. Bad coding someplace i am assuming.

Zenimax doesn't need to go check out other games because this problem was introduced BY Zenimax some 6 or so months ago. Previous to that, loading screen were quick, usually 5-15 secs no matter where you were going or what you were doing.

(and if your loading screen are 10-15 secs, then you have nothing to complain about (see below for REAL problems))
    Divinius wrote: »
    I've posted this before in other loading screen threads, but if this is the "official" one, I'll include it here too:

I have a beast of a gaming rig. The game is installed on an SSD. I have 50 Mbps internet, and have confirmed with a speed check that I do actually get 50 Mbps. The problem is NOT ON MY END.

I have 8 characters, all created within a month of PC launch. Two of them are in the Vet Ranks. I've actually timed (with a digital timer) a lot of loading screens on all of them.

Whenever I am loading one of the Vet Rank characters, it takes between 1 and 3 minutes to load the zone -- usually closer to 1 minute (60-90 seconds). This includes initial character load into the game, any load between zones (including into and out of dungeons), and "travel to player" loads even in the same zone. The only loading screens that happen quickly are wayshrine-to-wayshrine teleports within the same zone. Those happen in well under 5 seconds (thanks to my SSD) -- they are virtually instant.

My NON-Vet characters can load new zones in around 20-30 seconds. This still seems like it's a bit longer than it was before the IC update, but not much. My level 3 mules seem to be about the same as my higher-level non-vet alts.

Something else to note... You know how the loading screen shows those little blurbs at the bottom while loading? The first is typically some lore info about the zone you are loading into, and then it switches to a generic unrelated "game tip" of some sort. Well I can say that even on the minute-plus long loading screens that my Vet characters get, the "lore info" tip stays on the screen for only about a second (usually not long enough for me to even be able to read it), and then switches to the generic tip that stays on the screen for the rest of the loading time.

This indicates to me that the trigger to swap the displayed tip from the "zone lore" one to the "game tip" one apparently happens at some specific stage of the zone load process, and that whatever is broken is obviously in the second stage.

I hope some of this info helps. Combined with the fact that the loading screens broke during one specific update (the initial IC one), I would think that this should not be an issue that would take 2.5 months to fix. Obviously, ZOS changed something about zone loads during that update, and those changes should be the first place to look.

This is pretty much my experience right down the line.......My system is top notch less than a year old, game on a SSD, fast connection (though not 50 mbps), using Win 7, 16 gigs of ram, etc.....and my loading screens are MINUTES. Loading from Cyr to IC, player to player and porting into a dungeon are the always the absolute longest.

I also have a problem changing areas in IC when grouped. We will be on TS and everyone will announce when they appear and I will always be dead last by as much as 30 secs (really sucks when you appear and the group has decided to move on leaving you all alone)

One thing that might explain why this is not a universal issue however may be geographical location. Depending on how their server system is set up, the further some of us are away from a hub will have an effect on speed.

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANY update om the loading screens which are as bad as ever and possibly getting worse????
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect a hidden queue system on server shards, due to load balancing.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    ANY update om the loading screens which are as bad as ever and possibly getting worse????

Yes, I changed the initial post to reflect the information given to us by Zos

Monday/Tuesday nights patch for the US/EU has some change, but how affective it is, we will have to wait and see. Rich Lambert cautions us that it is not the end of the road but should help
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    its makin pvp a pain ppl r stop play after too many
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this one. Anything over 15 seconds in today's gaming world is too long

Forget what I said before. I've got bad news, I was on EU server for a while, I downloaded/updated US client, purchased dlcs, managed addons/settings etc.

orsinium-temple-orsinium is a 5 min+ journey thanks to the loading screens!
    fresh install, administrator mode, nothing helped. This is really annoying.
    Edited by Artheiron on November 16, 2015 5:12AM
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forget what I said before. I've got bad news, I was on EU server for a while, I downloaded/updated US client, purchased dlcs, managed addons/settings etc.

@Artheiron ,

I'm confused here, you say you ran the US client, on the EU servers?

The issue is not with the client, it is the way the servers interrogate the databases (or the processes involved with that function)

Fully patched or not it would not include the server side patch going into the US data center tonight.

Neither the US nor EU data centers have had the fix applied to my knowledge.

The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »

@Artheiron ,

I'm confused here, you say you ran the US client, on the EU servers?

The issue is not with the client, it is the way the servers interrogate the databases (or the processes involved with that function)

Fully patched or not it would not include the server side patch going into the US data center tonight.

Neither the US nor EU data centers have had the fix applied to my knowledge.

my eu was fresh download, us was there since beta never uninstalled. got 2 seperate accounts... that's all I can say.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok then you are just prooving that the issue is all server side.

Give them a chance to patch before screaming fail.

I will wont bother to scream, Ill just buy something else for the first time in 2 years and forget all about ESO.

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    US patch is in progress, hoping one of the colonists can report sucess or otherwise on completion.

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    I will wont bother to scream, Ill just buy something else for the first time in 2 years and forget all about ESO.

Really the most sane response to game issues. ESO problems caused me to go back to WoW and Diablo for a while.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the US is suposedly complete.

Anyone able to tell us if it made a difference?

Someone who had a high 5 mins + load time confirm times on zoneing to normal zones and/or into Cryodil.

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, yes.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/231321/load-times-improved#latest
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, yes.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/231321/load-times-improved#latest

Brillaint, good reports from there.

My load times were 10 mins plus. So I am waiting with baited breath!!

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, yes.

Brillaint, good reports from there.

My load times were 10 mins plus. So I am waiting with baited breath!!

Just be aware, they only fixed one of the issues that are causing the slow loading screens, although a majority of people are seeing 15 to 20 second loading times again, there's still some seeing 50 second to 1min loading screens which are better than before but still bad, they're hopefully still looking into other causes.
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just timed zone hoping to five zones and thieves den loading nothing exceeded 15 seconds besides the initial log into my account then into the game, other than those 2 loading points I say great job ZoS! I'll test more after work.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the long loading screens can't be related to how many quests a character has completed as the loading times I experience is the same on my level 9 character as my vet10 character.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so excited a little bit of wee came out

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the long loading screens can't be related to how many quests a character has completed as the loading times I experience is the same on my level 9 character as my vet10 character.

It may be linked to the amount of quests completed on the account. It could also be tied to achievements.
    Options
  • NightRibon23444
    They have done nothing to fix this game. All they did was fix a section of the game. Now there are even more section that need fixing and they aren't doing it.
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massive improvements indeed, I even played Cyrodil today during primetime, and I didnt disconnect even once, even though it was very very laggy, cant they just already overhaul Cyrodil, its obvious they cant never make this work like this, just remove everything what causes lag, like dolmens, public dungeons, monsters, wildlife, and while they are it, make it stand-alone F2P game, add new siege weapons, like ladders, siege-towers, mammoth-gate-destroyers, different castles/keeps for each alliance, 4 upgrade to each castle and keep to bring variety. Also add Loyal, Mercenary and Pacifist system, Mercs are sent to low pop alliance to fix Campaign Population.
    Edited by Sausage on December 7, 2015 5:33PM
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    So let me see what we got here: the game load faster indeed BUT instead the world is popping loading screens all over the place?
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    So let me see what we got here: the game load faster indeed BUT instead the world is popping loading screens all over the place?

No, totally wrong.

The game allways hit you with random loading screens within Cryodil.

Just they were fast so you never really noticed.

They performed some kind of fix, I wont go into this any further for fear of picking up another ban.

This fix is affective for a few days after each maintainance/reboot.

A few days after a maintainance and people in Cryodil raids start to drop out because they cant be bothered to sit through 5 minute loading screens on transit shrine ports/death resurections.

People even prefer to ride rather than risk a loading screen.

This game is dead the moment a viable alternative comes out

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway one year ago no such problems existed... and i was referring to pve more. :)
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well even after fix, the loading screens in Cryo are still terrible.

Admittedly i'm on Az EU which is high pop, but still .....

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's vet ranks and champ points causing all the lag spikes and loading screens... it will only get worse as more and more players reach these heights.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • gen_reynard2050
    gen_reynard2050
    ✭✭✭
    223lSYs.gif

"What the lion cannot manage to do, the fox can".
    Options
  • Humor
    Humor
    ✭✭✭
    So, after I stopped for half a year, and come back to check out what's new, and how the game has improved... Well, maybe that's the wrong word. In fact, it doesn't seem like this game has improved at all, as a matter of fact, it seems like it's gotten worse...

Yeah don't mind me, just sitting here at this long, probably infinite loading screen...Again, which was an issue WAY BACK WHEN, which has still not been fixed yet. By the way, found yet another bug with your game while i'm at this loading screen issue, turns out when you go into Mavos's (or w/e his name is) vision to figure out how to seal Balreth, the funniest thing happens when you ALT+F4 when trying to escape the infinite load screen. Get this.... It puts you back into the vision, and REMOVES the PORTAL you're supposed to use to leave his vision, and you end up having to spend actual GOLD to teleport out, which the game has no problem taking, but decides to throw you in another infinite looped loading screen.

Swear to god, sometimes I feel Bethesda should just get rid of Zenimax, and hire competent programmers, and developers to continue on with Elder Scrolls Online, Zenimax is starting to feel like the fat *** friend people only keep around, because they don't want to hurt their feelings.

And what's worse, they threw in a "Free to Play" weekend to try and attract potential customers, with the very same existent issues, which will not only drive them away, but probably drive even more players away from Elder Scrolls Online.
    Edited by Humor on December 11, 2015 12:39AM
    Options
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Endless loading screens in PvP still
    Options