Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loading Screens, an update

• Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder when I receive the "ELDER SCROLLS OF LOADING MASTER" badge. Together with the "zappenduster" color style.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we finally have an update for you on this issue. As we've mentioned previously, in the past few patches we've been adding code to the backend to track this issue and give us more data. We're happy to let you know that we have a fix going into Monday's PC incremental patch that should fix the long loading screens - turns out it was tied to anyone that had completed a lot of quests.

Thanks for staying patient with us while we tracked this one down!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we finally have an update for you on this issue. As we've mentioned previously, in the past few patches we've been adding code to the backend to track this issue and give us more data. We're happy to let you know that we have a fix going into Monday's PC incremental patch that should fix the long loading screens - turns out it was tied to anyone that had completed a lot of quests.

Awesome! Thanks for the update :)
    Options
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Yipppppy!!!

Dear Gina Bruna, you made me a happy gamer. :)

Awaiting the patch. Uhm....will this effect consolers too pre-new DLC?

EDIT : Just read, that it's a PC patch. Stupid me. When is this going to hit us Consolers lagging behind?
    Edited by Winterpsy on November 11, 2015 2:34PM
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
    Options
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Thx for the hard work. When will console players get this patch if all goes well?

CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I mentioned a while ago in one of the first threads on this issue that LotRO had this exact same problem, and it turns out to be the jackpot.

edit: fyi LotRO fixed it by slowly loading the quest info in the background AFTER your character had already loaded into the world. It worked there so if you guys are having a hard time with it there is some good info for you.
    Edited by danno8 on November 11, 2015 2:36PM
    Options
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Nice! I hope you will do the same with Cyrodill lag!
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job L3/L4 teams!!

I know from experience some issues are very hard track and find.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has cheered me right up! :) Thanks Gina
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That makes sense. I have completed the quest achievement long time ago. Thx for this update.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭

I teared up of joy.
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
    Options
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    As a heads up - next weeks update (11/16) on PC will have a fix for one of the major causes of the long load screens. This won't fix every load screen issue, but resolves the most frequent cause. We'll continue to work on the issue until we get the load times back to acceptable levels.

Console players, this fix will unfortunately not make Orsinium launch next week. It will go in the first incremental patch which we're targeting for the 2nd week of December.

-rich
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally some good news. Thanks Gina & Rich!
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a heads up - next weeks update (11/16) on PC will have a fix for one of the major causes of the long load screens. This won't fix every load screen issue, but resolves the most frequent cause. We'll continue to work on the issue until we get the load times back to acceptable levels.

Console players, this fix will unfortunately not make Orsinium launch next week. It will go in the first incremental patch which we're targeting for the 2nd week of December.

-rich

Hey you need not rush it Rich take all the time you need to! And don't listen to anyone that says otherwise because they would just be ungrateful lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 11, 2015 2:46PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • drserkan85
    T.Y.
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's no way this is related to number of quests completed, unless the threshold is hilariously low or it's taking into account all quests completed throughout all characters at the same time.

My magicka sorc (main character since launch) has completed hundreds of quests and the load times on that one are the same length as my second sorc (a character I made about 3 months ago), with absolutely zero quests completed.

It's the same with my DK, NB, and Templar. The only quests they've completed on them are Main/FG/MG/CH/Cads Silver and their load times are just as bad as my main.

sooo... inb4 the "fix" doesn't fix anything
    Options
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭

-rich

Hope, once it hits consoles, you've had identified even more causes for the longerthanusual issue.

If not, here's something: just let us read some lore on those screens. I mean some paragraphs from the in game books. Anything that makes the time goes swifter. ( on consoles load screens are around 1:30-2 mins, which are definitly longer than pre-IC, but not long enough to start any different new activity)

Good job, btw. :smiley:
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this fix actually does what it is planned to do, and I get my 10-15 second loading times back?

... I will be one happy gamer. This has been the major stumbling block in my enjoyment of the game, as late, and to see it resolved (albeit eventually) will be great. If it actually happens (colour me wary at the moment).
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Yeah there's no way this is related to number of quests completed, unless the threshold is hilariously low or it's taking into account all quests completed throughout all characters at the same time.

My magicka sorc (main character since launch) has completed hundreds of quests and the load times on that one are the same length as my second sorc (a character I made about 3 months ago), with absolutely zero quests completed.

It's the same with my DK, NB, and Templar. The only quests they've completed on them are Main/FG/MG/CH/Cads Silver and their load times are just as bad as my main.

Well your experience is much different from mine. I have a VR5 Tank that has just barely started Silver and his load times are much shorter than my other V16 characters who have completed everything. That's the report I've seen from others as well.

Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So, you are removing all quests from the game, I take it? ;)
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see this being a cause if it looked at quests completed to pull up a list of loading screens. I did find it curious that they started to push toward the Crown Store on a lot of the loading screen text now. That was starting to make me think it was intentional. I guess they were just trying to make the best of a bad situation.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news and eagerly awaited.

Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
    Options
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-rich

Thank you. I appreciate the hard work put into trying to fix this.

That being said, 2nd week of December...

So not loving life right now :cry:
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well something has changed since Orsinium for me at least on PC.

Leading up to this patch I could not run all of my previous addons that worked fine before 1.7 and got progressively worse after 2.xx. Long character load if in at all and immediate 999+ ping if I did.

Since Orsinium patch and these last few days, I have been able to put back ALL my addons and although first character login of a session can be long-ish, no 999+ ping and once I'm in /reloadui and character swaps and zoning have been very reasonable to fine.

So whatever tweaks you have been doing @ZOS_RichLambert they have definitely improved my case at least. Thank You
    Edited by SpAEkus on November 11, 2015 3:18PM
    Options
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

I hope you are not right...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good news that they at least have a thing to try.

As for whether this really fixes the crazy load screens... Well, please forgive me if I don't believe it until I see it.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting minimal change, as I'm not convinced that they truly found the root cause.

This is one of those cases where I will be thrilled to be proved wrong though! :smile:
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking about long loading screens, I've recently been popping on and off of SWTOR to speak to a few old friends and apparently for the last couple of weeks, since the last DLC content they've had, they've been having similar issues with super long and even infinite loading screens LOL, it's not just ESO then :D
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    Very good news that they at least have a thing to try.

As for whether this really fixes the crazy load screens... Well, please forgive me if I don't believe it until I see it.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting minimal change, as I'm not convinced that they truly found the root cause.

This is one of those cases where I will be thrilled to be proved wrong though! :smile:

I'm with you there, i'll believe it when I see it.

However, their explanation that it's tied to the number of quests competed does make sense and correlates to nearly all the reports people have made.

We know that it seems to be effecting higher level character more, with the higher the level of the character the worse it is. That would make sense because the higher the character level the more quests they would have done, unless they were grinding to their level.

Which is another correlation because my vr3 character levelled by questing and has longer load screens (not as bad as many say they have), but my vr2 character levelled mainly via grinding and only followed the main story, and he loads in much quicker.

I also remember that another mmo I played had a similar issue, I can't for the life of me remember which, I think it was LOTRO, for ages there were long loading screens and lots of complaints, it turned out to be an error in the quest log code that basically made the client go through and check every completed quest in the log during loading screens meaning if you had a lot of quests completed it would take ages.

So yeah I could believe that number of quests completed could be a factor in this issue.
    Edited by Belidos on November 12, 2015 9:59AM
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that when I log-in during the AM hours I load-in VERY fast.

Then in the evening it takes about a minute or two.

Doesn't bother me, but if I had to wait 5 minutes+ like some I would be questioning things. Instead, my friends and I have talked about how impressed we were that we can TP to anywhere on a Map (that we're already on) and it doesn't need to load anything.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-rich

This is hands down the best news for the past weeks. Thank you! You have made me so very happy!
    Options