The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Official Feedback Thread for Controller Support

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have there been any updates to the whole controller support in any of the updates? Anything mentioned in the patch notes? Or, is it still the same - untouched from 2015?

Other than text or a slight UI fix, nothing. I actually have just played on Xbox one now as it's far better than PC in respects to the UI in game pad mode.

Perhaps major overhaul will come next year
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ESOARMY
    ESOARMY
    Soul Shriven
    Contorller Sensitivity
    Hello, I have been playing Xbox since the beginning as DeathAdvice. Now, I switched over to PC last week and decided to use the beta mode so I didn't have to relearn the controls. (Thanks for that BTW) One issue that has been irking me is the limit on turn speed and controller sensitivity. Even with my sensitivity at max its nothing compared to bumping the mouse and doing a 360 degree turn. I feel like this gives the mouse and keyboard an unfair advantage. Please increase the maximum controller sensitivity setting.
    Voice Chat for Area
    Also, totally unrelated, I had no idea that voice chat was not a built in part of the PC game. I assumed that everything would be just like console. You can imagine my surprise when I found out that I could not simple talk to people in area to ask for assistance. I have millions of gold with max crafting on Xbox and I guess I just take that stuff for granted. Simply typing "I need help" doesn't come across the way it should and the responses I am getting could probably get someone banned. Just saying. Trying to explain a dungeon to someone you just met with group finder makes me not want to use group finder. So add voice chat to PC to give me the ability to talk in area.

I know you probably won't do either suggestion or maybe you won't even read this post, but you know what they say.
    "If you try you risk failure, if you don't you ensure it."

Have a great day and thanks for making such a great game. If I owned your company I would give everyone a raise!!! lol
  • mhasanbulli
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get an update on this? Is there any active development for the Controller Support? Thanks.
  • crazykrypto
    crazykrypto
    ✭✭
    Nothing works. No idea why it is so difficult to implement a controller as it is for xbox or ps. Can't you just make it so i plug the damned controller in and it recognised it and i just get the controls like an xbox player would.

You all make everything so damn complicated. I just want to plug the thing in and play. Not spend hours searching settings and fine tuning for a game i actually pay monthly fee for this is rediculous...
    I used to be a dragon once, then I took an adventurer to the knee...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing works. No idea why it is so difficult to implement a controller as it is for xbox or ps. Can't you just make it so i plug the damned controller in and it recognised it and i just get the controls like an xbox player would.

You all make everything so damn complicated. I just want to plug the thing in and play. Not spend hours searching settings and fine tuning for a game i actually pay monthly fee for this is rediculous...
    What doesn't work? It worked fine when I tried it.
    1. Plug in (XInput-compatible) controller
    2. Install drivers (and XInput emulator if required)
    3. Start ESO
    4. Enable Gamepad mode
    5. Done :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • mhasanbulli

If you are on PC, using an XBox controller should just work as soon as you connect the controller to the PC via cable, or, wireless receiver. Then, you simply enable the gamepad mode in game. Everything should work.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm turn speed with controller is TOO SLOW even when maxed. This gives mouse and keyboard users a severe advantage in areas like vet Maelstrom where they can run around like 360 degree robot turrets (same is true of FPS genre in general).

As someone that has a hand injury from my teenage years that prevents using a mouse/kb to game anything more complicated than a point and click adventure, it makes the experience in games like this extremely frustrating as no matter how good I am with a controller, there are limits placed on us for going the controller route, and vet Maelstrom is a prime example where turn speed assists the m/kb players as evident in every single video where that's all people use.

Also PLEASE patch in a toggle on/off option for 1st/3rd POV in the settings for controller support. You have NO idea how irritating it is when doing vet trials, vet dungeons, normal dungeons, etc. when the 360 controller's d-pad decides to go into 1st person POV instead of switching weapon bars.

PLEASE FIX the potion pop with controller. I pop a stam potion, the sound effect fires, but it doesn't actually apply the potion. Have to sometimes stop, stand perfectly still, and spam the d-pad 5+ times and actually stare at the potion icon until it actually applies as intended. Not cool when you are in the middle of a boss fight and stam is depleted and healer doesn't know what shards are.
  • MetaHooman
    MetaHooman
    Soul Shriven
    Hello.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue but I've been using a steelseries stratus XL for windows 7 for a couple of months now and somehow when I switch between stealth by pressing R3 when I'm going through a thieving rampage, it just somehow sprints my character in random intervals. It's hardly a nuisance since I can use keyboard and mouse but nothing beats using a controller while going on quests and on my usual thieving spree and it feels more "immersive" when I'm using a controller. I'm hoping anyone can help me on this.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MetaHooman wrote: »
    Hello.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue but I've been using a steelseries stratus XL for windows 7 for a couple of months now and somehow when I switch between stealth by pressing R3 when I'm going through a thieving rampage, it just somehow sprints my character in random intervals. It's hardly a nuisance since I can use keyboard and mouse but nothing beats using a controller while going on quests and on my usual thieving spree and it feels more "immersive" when I'm using a controller. I'm hoping anyone can help me on this.

If you have the keyboard button for sprint or stealth mapped to the controller through a third party application, and the other mapped to the controller in the game, this would be a result.
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Can we PLEASE get any kind of update? I have been complaining about this forever, when you have controller turned on your loot will pop up behind the chat box. I have to turn off the loot history option and use a add on so I can actually use it. Also at least 3 interaction types are VERY slow. First off in werewolf, when you go to feed, you have to stand over the corpse and stare at it for a good 2 seconds before it prompts to feed. Synergy skills many times will just plain not work, and my biggest grip, when trying to do the second boss in imperial city dungeon, when the green pods pop up and you have to throw them at the incoming zombies going to the pool you run into the same issue as werewolf, you will have to wait up to 2 seconds, which is a HUGE amount of time and can cause a wipe very easy.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since this is already necro'd. I'd like to see the controller interface made a little more PC friendly. You generally don't need things so freakin huge. Try for something like the SkyUI mod for Skyrim. The following addon was great but started to become buggy and is now abandoned: http://esoui.com/downloads/info1272-BetterUIGamepadInterfaceImprovements.html#info

pvw4285.png
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdicusDio wrote: »
    Also PLEASE patch in a toggle on/off option for 1st/3rd POV in the settings for controller support. You have NO idea how irritating it is when doing vet trials, vet dungeons, normal dungeons, etc. when the 360 controller's d-pad decides to go into 1st person POV instead of switching weapon bars.

PLEASE FIX the potion pop with controller. I pop a stam potion, the sound effect fires, but it doesn't actually apply the potion. Have to sometimes stop, stand perfectly still, and spam the d-pad 5+ times and actually stare at the potion icon until it actually applies as intended. Not cool when you are in the middle of a boss fight and stam is depleted and healer doesn't know what shards are.

These problems have been in the PS4 interface since launch and haven't been addressed since then (plus a few other nuisances as well). A fix/change would really be welcome, also allow us to remap weapon swap to something more sensible then dpad-left.

Greevir wrote: »
    Since this is already necro'd. I'd like to see the controller interface made a little more PC friendly. You generally don't need things so freakin huge. Try for something like the SkyUI mod for Skyrim. The following addon was great but started to become buggy and is now abandoned: http://esoui.com/downloads/info1272-

Please don't. The gamepad GUI is the same code as used on Console and don't fall into the trap of making GUI elements to small to read on a TV set. A lot of cross platform title suffer from that already ....
  • Hiro_Kintsugi
    Hiro_Kintsugi
    ✭✭
    I know I am late to the punch, but hopefully this wont be missed and the suggestion not taken lightly. To be completely Blunt, the Gamepad UI is horrible, from a desktop point of view. I would use the controller to sit back and relax and nothing more. Almost every interaction with any menu I would still use the Keyboard. Controller would only be for character movement/fighting. We play games on PC for a reason, more control. Console games are always so compact and annoying at times.

So my suggestion, add an extra option NOT change the UI when the Gamepad is enabled, and retain full Keyboard support. Id like it to be like other games when you can just use both at the same time.

I agree. I like the controller, however I hate the Gamepad UI. So still stuck with xpadder when I want to use a controller which can have serious lag. It seems a really easy thing to add.
    Bosmer Wolfrider