The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for Controller Support

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the implentation. To add on with what was already said:
    • This is the most important for me personally: I cannot bind button combinations outside of trigger+trigger, trigger+bumper, and trigger+A. To mimmick my xpadder preference I would love to have the other combinations as well. XAB= 123 trigger+123 = 45 and ult
    • Some UI does not intermingle with Addons very well right now, but this may be due to it being untouched by addon devs
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a crude video testing out key binding I made Everything works fine except for fishing at the end.

(Oh and you can skip the middle,,, a combination of getting lost and a loading screen LOL)

https://youtu.be/LdHRwuS2720

fishing bug is at 12:03

I made a thread for the Bug Here
    Edited by Casdha on October 7, 2015 8:10AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *I am running into a bug or issue today where while fighting NPC's the abilities no longer work.

I suspect this is a bug because the controller still works and I can move around, and block but I cannot use any ability, attack, roll dodge after being able to do so for most of the fight.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Here are two big problems that I have found so far:
    • Camera's Invert Y-Axis option does not work with the Controller UI, and I cannot play without this option.
    • Using a PC command to open a menu does not automatically switch it over to the KB/Mouse UI- in fact- once you select the Controller Beta ON, the only menu you have access to is the controller UI; wasn't there supposed to be an 'on-the-fly' auto sensing UI switch so that you could go between the Controller UI and KB/Mouse UI?

Even though I'm using a PS4 controller via InputMapper, from what I've seen so far, the Controller UI seems to function well- other than what I noted above. I do HOPE that Addon developers will come up with overlays so that I can actually have PS4 toolbar icons versus the XBOX ones; I'm all about X & O, not A & B. ;)
    Edited by ADarklore on October 7, 2015 10:38PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *I am running into a bug or issue today where while fighting NPC's the abilities no longer work.

I suspect this is a bug because the controller still works and I can move around, and block but I cannot use any ability, attack, roll dodge after being able to do so for most of the fight.

This is an issue on live, have experienced it many times, and done /feedback. Started with IC. I have always used a controller, never had the issue before IC. Pretty frustrating trying to fight a sewer boss, and abilities lock mid-fight. All you can do is run to safety. /reloadui usually fixes this.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Even though I'm using a PS4 controller via InputMapper, from what I've seen so far, the Controller UI seems to function well- other than what I noted above. I do HOPE that Addon developers will come up with overlays so that I can actually have PS4 toolbar icons versus the XBOX ones; I'm all about X & O, not A & B. ;)
    That would probably be a simple thing to do (not for me, but for someone who does this sort of thing a lot). All the button icons are immediately available, so it would just be the case of someone swapping /xbox/ for /ps4/ in the icon call functions... or something.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on Windows 10 using a Xbox One controller and simply love love loving this!!

Two questions thou:

1) You can use the keyboard while in controller UI mode but you cant use the controller while in keyboard UI mode, is this intended? Would be nice if controller worked in normal UI too but understand if its not doable.

2) Are we able to re-bind the controller buttons, I couldn't discover where?

Thanks heaps for this update, way overdue but worth the wait!!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a bug with the controller interface: If you log out from a character while in controller mode then the character select screen becomes borked with your character hiding on the right side of the screen behind the character list.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) You can use the keyboard while in controller UI mode but you cant use the controller while in keyboard UI mode, is this intended? Would be nice if controller worked in normal UI too but understand if its not doable.

When you say that you can use the keyboard while in controller UI, are you able to access the menus with a mouse? Because that is the problem I found... while you could open a menu with the keyboard shortcut, you can't use the mouse to select or navigate menu items. When they talked about this back at Quakecon I believe it was, they said it would be a "auto detect" system that would automatically switch the UI between controller UI and KB/Mouse UI depending on what device you wanted to use... so if I hit a button on the controller, it would automatically switch to controller UI and if I pushed a button on the KB or Mouse, it would then switch to the KB/Mouse UI. As it is now, it is not an auto-detect system but a MANUAL system that locks you into one or the other. I would much prefer being able to use the Controller UI for combat and questing, but the KB/Mouse UI for navigating menus.

It is in under Controls, the same place you change keyboard commands. There are now four columns, and you CAN change all the controller buttons if you wish... which is the most awesome feature and is the entire reason I'm willing to drop the DS4/XPadder method I'm using now and switch to the new Controller UI... but ONLY if they fix the Invert Y-Axis. :wink:
    Edited by ADarklore on October 8, 2015 12:35PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS when you change a button binding in the menu, you need to force a /reloadui. When I was playing with this I could change a button but when I walked up to something with an action indicator it would show the graphic to the old binding but would not work with the old binding, it required the new one to activate. /reloadui would fix it, but I had to do it manually.
    Edited by Casdha on October 8, 2015 2:25PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say that you can use the keyboard while in controller UI, are you able to access the menus with a mouse? Because that is the problem I found... while you could open a menu with the keyboard shortcut, you can't use the mouse to select or navigate menu items. When they talked about this back at Quakecon I believe it was, they said it would be a "auto detect" system that would automatically switch the UI between controller UI and KB/Mouse UI depending on what device you wanted to use... so if I hit a button on the controller, it would automatically switch to controller UI and if I pushed a button on the KB or Mouse, it would then switch to the KB/Mouse UI. As it is now, it is not an auto-detect system but a MANUAL system that locks you into one or the other. I would much prefer being able to use the Controller UI for combat and questing, but the KB/Mouse UI for navigating menus.

It is in under Controls, the same place you change keyboard commands. There are now four columns, and you CAN change all the controller buttons if you wish... which is the most awesome feature and is the entire reason I'm willing to drop the DS4/XPadder method I'm using now and switch to the new Controller UI... but ONLY if they fix the Invert Y-Axis. :wink:

You can change y axis by opening option via your controller interface and in the controller interface switch y axis. If you use the normal option menu then it doesn't change the controller y axis only the mouse y axis.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change y axis by opening option via your controller interface and in the controller interface switch y axis. If you use the normal option menu then it doesn't change the controller y axis only the mouse y axis.

Thanks, you're a lifesaver!! :) I didn't even realize there was a separate controller configuration outside of the ESC main settings panel.

Now we just need to see about this 'auto-UI switching' issue. I would like to be able to continue navigating menus with the KB/Mouse without having to go into the main settings, turn off controller, etc. It is SO much easier with the KB/Mouse UI to drag and drop items, and the inventory IMO appears much easier with the KB menu because you can see a LIST... right now you have to go into individual menus... maybe some addon developers will work their magic with the controller UI- depends on if any of them plan to use a controller or not; I can't imagine someone would work on addons for something they don't personally use. I would definitely miss the paperdoll image with the inventory which shows at a quick glance everything you're wearing... as it is now, you have to look at each individual item in the menu separately. I suppose it's something a person could get used to, but again, I go back to what they told us originally about this controller UI and how it was going to be 'auto-sensing' and 'auto-switching'... which in its current form, it is not.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I was wondering why you decided to use the XInput API over something that works in Mac OS X as well like SDL?
    SDL also supports a lot of HID compliant gamepads including the DualShock 4 (even in Windows) whereas XInput lacks support for the DualShock 4.

Wasn't sure where to ask this, I apologize if it's out of place here.
    If you are trying to get Xbox controller to work with mac osx, google the xbox 360 driver for mac and the xbox hid driver for mac.

I did and was able to get the controller to function, but I am not sure if it will actually work with ESO on mac since at this time I am still downloading the PTS for my mac.

Make sure you download and install the 360 mac driver, not the xbox one mac driver. I can't get the xbox one driver to work with my xbox one controller, but the 360 driver works just fine for me.

On the other hand, If I misunderstood your comment, I am sorry and just ignore it, lol
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I just plugged my controller in and it instantly worked.

Overall I like it very much, may use it for relaxed exploring, for combat I'll probably stay with the keyboard. But it's great to have the option.

Some minor concerns:
    • As this thread shows, some settings, like for keybindings are hidden very well. it would be great to be able to access them from the actual gamepad option without having to go back to the pc setting. Or am I missing something?
    • Unless I missed something, there is no initial keybind for roll dodge? That seems very confusing to me, especially to new players who are not aware it should be there. Roll dodging is such an important mechanic.
    • I really like the vibration feedback, especially for the difference between light and heavy attacks and also the harvesting. But would it be possible to add some more? especially combat feedback, like when I'm being hit.
    • It would be greate to have a slight preview when switching through menu points. For example when choosing between windowed/windowed fullscreen/fullscreen, I went right and had to go windowed *blackscreen to apply* windowed fullscreen *balckscreen to apply* fullscreen when I could have just gone left to fullscreen had I known. So a preview or a seperate 'apply' button would be nice.
    Edited by Lalaeith on October 8, 2015 7:59PM
  • linuxfan3e8
    linuxfan3e8
    ✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »
    Hello, I was wondering why you decided to use the XInput API over something that works in Mac OS X as well like SDL?
    SDL also supports a lot of HID compliant gamepads including the DualShock 4 (even in Windows) whereas XInput lacks support for the DualShock 4.

Wasn't sure where to ask this, I apologize if it's out of place here.
    If you are trying to get Xbox controller to work with mac osx, google the xbox 360 driver for mac and the xbox hid driver for mac.

I did and was able to get the controller to function, but I am not sure if it will actually work with ESO on mac since at this time I am still downloading the PTS for my mac.

Make sure you download and install the 360 mac driver, not the xbox one mac driver. I can't get the xbox one driver to work with my xbox one controller, but the 360 driver works just fine for me.

On the other hand, If I misunderstood your comment, I am sorry and just ignore it, lol

I doubt it'll work since they used something that doesn't work on Mac OS X at all to implement controller support, and haven't mentioned OS X beyond saying it isn't supported. My comment was just asking why they did this since it doesn't really make sense when there's another option that does support OS X, as well as supporting other controllers like PlayStation ones out of box.

That said I'd be interested in knowing how that goes since they may have something up their sleeve that they aren't telling us.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it'll work since they used something that doesn't work on Mac OS X at all to implement controller support, and haven't mentioned OS X beyond saying it isn't supported. My comment was just asking why they did this since it doesn't really make sense when there's another option that does support OS X, as well as supporting other controllers like PlayStation ones out of box.

That said I'd be interested in knowing how that goes since they may have something up their sleeve that they aren't telling us.

My thought on this is that they did this because of MICROSOFT and WINDOWS, which I'm sure is much easier to integrate than Mac... as most gaming computers run Windows and possibly(?) their development computers as well.

Also, I'd like to thank ZOS for adding this feature because they have now given me a reason to order a custom PS4 controller (Cinch Gaming) thanks to their custom remapping of controls. ;)
    Edited by ADarklore on October 8, 2015 8:50PM
  • linuxfan3e8
    linuxfan3e8
    ✭✭
    My thought on this is that they did this because of MICROSOFT and WINDOWS, which I'm sure is much easier to integrate than Mac... as most gaming computers run Windows and possibly(?) their development computers as well.

Also, I'd like to thank ZOS for adding this feature because they have now given me a reason to order a custom PS4 controller (Cinch Gaming) thanks to their custom remapping of controls. ;)

They probably already used XInput on the Xbox One so it would have been easier in that case, but the issue isn't just controller support not working on OS X. Anything that doesn't work with XInput won't work without third party software, this includes PlayStation controllers.

Lack of support for both is pretty poor form, and they could have solved both issues by using something different. They decided to make ESO available on OS X so they should be supporting it rather than leaving features out.

I'm hoping they're working on this but all they've said so far is that it's not supported.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably already used XInput on the Xbox One so it would have been easier in that case, but the issue isn't just controller support not working on OS X. Anything that doesn't work with XInput won't work without third party software, this includes PlayStation controllers.

True... especially since the entire Controller UI screams XBOX as they use the X-Y, A-B buttons and XBOX controller mapping. With that being said, the majority of PC gamers who use controllers use XBOX controllers, as Windows has native drivers available for them. Since I use a PS4 controller, I have to use InputMapper to get my controller to work with the new Controller UI. On the current PC system, I have to use DS4Tool and XPadder to get my PS4 controller to work... at least with the new Controller UI, I only need one extra software program while the benefit is that the new UI allows for much easier customization of the controller.
    Edited by ADarklore on October 8, 2015 9:47PM
  • linuxfan3e8
    linuxfan3e8
    ✭✭

True... especially since the entire Controller UI screams XBOX as they use the X-Y, A-B buttons and XBOX controller mapping. With that being said, the majority of PC gamers who use controllers use XBOX controllers, as Windows has native drivers available for them. Since I use a PS4 controller, I have to use InputMapper to get my controller to work with the new Controller UI. On the current PC system, I have to use DS4Tool and XPadder to get my PS4 controller to work... at least with the new Controller UI, I only need one extra software program while the benefit is that the new UI allows for much easier customization of the controller.

The PlayStation controllers are HID compliant so they (should) work out of box on any modern operating system, it's just that developers love using XInput which doesn't support them (and is Windows only), so you need to trick XInput into thinking it's an Xbox controller. Games that use things like SDL for game controller support would support them just fine.

SDL may require more effort to support but I wager it would be easier to support than two separate APIs for different operating systems (assuming they ever support controllers on OS X). Also if Steam Machines are successful and they want to bring ESO to them it'll be less of a pain since they have built in support for SDL.

Thankfully though it is still relatively easy to get non XInput controllers working in Windows, and addons will take care of the Xbox buttons. Support would be nice though.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

This is an issue on live, have experienced it many times, and done /feedback. Started with IC. I have always used a controller, never had the issue before IC. Pretty frustrating trying to fight a sewer boss, and abilities lock mid-fight. All you can do is run to safety. /reloadui usually fixes this.

The problem tho is there is no reload UI in the controller menu (that I've seen)

I have to grab my keyboard and mouse which defeats the purpose of playing with a game pad in my opinion

*edit and the other crazier issue is even the keyboard stops responding for trying to fight ppl
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 8, 2015 11:28PM
  • KaneBunce
    KaneBunce
    It is bugged for me. It only lets me set combinations of buttons or holding a button. It won't let me set the press of a single button.

For the developers: I am using a Logitech F310. This controller has Xiniput.

Also, a question: how do I changed what gear is equipped when using the controller UI?
    "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole." - Wizard's 9th Rule.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaneBunce wrote: »
    It is bugged for me. It only lets me set combinations of buttons or holding a button. It won't let me set the press of a single button.

For the developers: I am using a Logitech F310. This controller has Xinput.

Also, a question: how do I changed what gear is equipped when using the controller UI?

Not sure why it won't let you set a single button press, I never had that problem with my PS4 controller using InputMapper. It allows me to set single, held buttons and button combos. It almost sounds like your controller button presses are being interpreted as 'held' instead of single button presses. You do have the F310 set to 'X' right? Just asking. Have you tried downloading and installing the XBOX 360 driver? I know I had to do that in order to even get my PS4 controller to be recognized even using InputMapper.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The problem tho is there is no reload UI in the controller menu (that I've seen)

I have to grab my keyboard and mouse which defeats the purpose of playing with a game pad in my opinion

*edit and the other crazier issue is even the keyboard stops responding for trying to fight ppl
    You describe the same issue I have in LIve using Xbox controller with Xpadder. When skills (but not movement) stop working on the controller, corresponding keys are also not working on K/B. I can't speak to the lack of /reloadui in the Controller UI, since I don't have that in Live. I've had no problems using a K/B for this....I keep a small one in arms reach for things that never worked as well using a controller.

edit: I've done /feedback on this, but never did a ticket through CS, since I don't want to deal with the inevitable 'remove all your add-ons'.
    Edited by Ourorboros on October 9, 2015 1:10AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You describe the same issue I have in LIve using Xbox controller with Xpadder. When skills (but not movement) stop working on the controller, corresponding keys are also not working on K/B. I can't speak to the lack of /reloadui in the Controller UI, since I don't have that in Live. I've had no problems using a K/B for this....I keep a small one in arms reach for things that never worked as well using a controller.

Hmmm so it's very odd. I have no add-ones or other programs running but who knows what the issue is. My thread was responded to by Gina Bruno and locked so maybe it's widespread
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it's an issue directly related to controller support, I thought I'd post this here too.

Some players have been getting an error when trying to launch the PTS which says that a certain file, XInput1_3.dll, is missing. To fix the error, you can either download an Xbox controller driver, or download the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35&40ddd5bd-f9e7-49a6-3526-f86656931a02=True I had the error, and downloaded the Runtime installer. This seems to have back-credited my (fully up-to-date) DirectX 11.2 with components of DX 9.0c, but now it's launching fine.

So why is something that is not in the recent release of DirectX (and therefore presumably deprecated) needed for controller support, and how do we explain to people that they need to download components of old DirectX versions from random Microsoft support sites in order to get ESO working again if this issue goes Live?

It would be better if ESO only searched for this XInput file if there was already a controller driver installed.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a wired Xbox 360 controller, and the controls are incredibly smooth! However, I had an error when I was in character creation and then went back out of character creation; it was a UI error and I had to manually close the game and restart. No biggie, just thought I'd report it.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • KaneBunce
    KaneBunce
    Not sure why it won't let you set a single button press, I never had that problem with my PS4 controller using InputMapper. It allows me to set single, held buttons and button combos. It almost sounds like your controller button presses are being interpreted as 'held' instead of single button presses. You do have the F310 set to 'X' right? Just asking. Have you tried downloading and installing the XBOX 360 driver? I know I had to do that in order to even get my PS4 controller to be recognized even using InputMapper.

Yes it is set to X. That was the first thing I checked. What happen with a single press is that the button I press appears in keybind and then vanishes. If I close Controls and try to use the new control nothing happens.

As for downloading the Xbox 360 driver, the F310 has its own driver, which has been installed. I will try removing my addons and then if that fails uninstalling it and reinstalling the Logitech driver.

EDIT: It turns out Logitech simply provided a Profiler tool, not a driver. Installing the Xbox 360 gamepad driver did not help either.
    Edited by KaneBunce on October 9, 2015 8:59AM
    "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole." - Wizard's 9th Rule.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is set to X. That was the first thing I checked. But what happen with a single press is that the button I press appears in keybind and then vanishes. If I close Controls and try to use the new control nothing happens.

As for downloading the Xbox 360 driver, the F310 has its own driver, which has been installed. I will try removing my addons and then if that fails uninstalling it and reinstalling the Logitech driver.

Did you /reloadui after setting your keybind? Apparently this needs to be done before the new keybinds will work- as reported by another player.

Now when you say that it appears in keybind and then vanishes- does it vanish before or after you select the 'bind' option? Because once you select 'bind' then it should be noted in the command location.

@Enodoc The problem is, this .dll may be required to run the console version UI, but as far as I know, the only time a program searches for missing files/drivers is upon an actual, full installation. Which would mean that every PC player would have to uninstall and reinstall the game in order for the program setup to search for the missing file and install it if missing. With ESO's patcher, as far as I know, it only patches missing game files, not Windows system files.

What I think may be happening is that ZOS is simply porting the XBOX One's console UI over to the PC version and somewhere along the line something is embedded in the console version coding that is looking for an XBOX controller being connected- not simply a generic 'Xinput' controller- hence the reason it may be looking for that Xinput1_3.dll.

• KaneBunce
    KaneBunce
    Yes it is set to X. That was the first thing I checked. But what happen with a single press is that the button I press appears in keybind and then vanishes. If I close Controls and try to use the new control nothing happens.

Did you /reloadui after setting your keybind? Apparently this needs to be done before the new keybinds will work- as reported by another player.

Now when you say that it appears in keybind and then vanishes- does it vanish before or after you select the 'bind' option? Because once you select 'bind' then it should be noted in the command location.
    It disappears before I press Bind. For example, if I press A, it flashes A being set with the warning that it is in use and then goes back to it being unset. It happens in less than a second so I do not have time to press Bind.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really weird problem involving gamepad mode which causes disconnect from server.
    Here are the steps to reproduce it (Xbox360 controller)
    • Re-bind "Ability 1" to the A button.
    • Re-bind "Interact With Environment" to LB (Left Bumper).
    • Re-bind "Toggle Mount" to LB + A.
    • Remove all conflicting binds.
    • Hold Left Bumper and press A button

About 50% of the time your character will correctly mount and dismount
    The rest of the time your character will freak out, doing a weird jittering animation until you get disconnected from the server for exceeding the the messaging limit. You can get it to stop, however, by doing a Roll Dodge.

This problem is likely to occur for any situation where you want to hold one button and press another button at the same time to do any action, especially if the second button press (in this example: A button) is also used on its own to execute an ability that does an animation. The game has a problem distinguishing between the two actions.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.