Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Controller Support

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree - I would love to be able to play with the controller and do everything else with the KB without turning off the controller.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know I am late to the punch, but hopefully this wont be missed and the suggestion not taken lightly. To be completely Blunt, the Gamepad UI is horrible, from a desktop point of view. I would use the controller to sit back and relax and nothing more. Almost every interaction with any menu I would still use the Keyboard. Controller would only be for character movement/fighting. We play games on PC for a reason, more control. Console games are always so compact and annoying at times.

So my suggestion, add an extra option NOT change the UI when the Gamepad is enabled, and retain full Keyboard support. Id like it to be like other games when you can just use both at the same time.

Are you using BetterUI add-on? It goes a long way to addressing some of the Gamepad UI issues. I used to switch to PC UI for almost every menu interaction, but this add-on means fewer and fewer reasons to have to switch UI.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill check it out - thx for the tip.
  • Kainos98
    Kainos98
    ✭✭✭
    Love playing ESO with the Xbox controller, however the bank UI and conversations annoy the hell out of me, the UI should be toggle to show the default pc layout yet still show the button functions for the controller. not having a filter for stuff looking in the bank is annoying and I tried the Add-On but didn't care much for it, looking for ZOS to update the UI for ESO on pc for gamepad :)
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be having a strange glitch lately with the Xbox controller I use. When I am in dungeons and there is alot of action the camera rotation is sometimes very clunky, like it is lagging, slow to respond. I have only noticed this to be the case the last week approximately. Not sure if this could be controller side but it seems to be pretty specific when it happens.
  • twobitcoder
    twobitcoder
    Soul Shriven
    This thread is disturbing to me as a former game developer and PC/console gamer. Inviting fans in to participate behind the scenes is one thing--gives them a false feeling of being on the "inside" for a while. But using them for your missing QA dept is unprofessional. Discussing things like XInput and whether the controller even works on a commercial game forum is disturbing to me.

I'm not trolling. Don't even bother flaming me. This is my opinion. I just bought this game last night after spending 2 weeks downloading the game client, and this is the first forum thread I've visited for TESO. Still had my old beta characters and I only spent a few mins so far in-game. It looks gorgeous, that's my first impression so far. What I do not want to see, especially during my first perusal of the forum, is team members engaging fans as to whether something works or not. But hey, it's not my project, I'm just one guy. But as far as I know, this isn't that dreadful neverending Ultima remake, Shroud of the Avatar, I foolishly sponsored 3 years ago on KS. That's the impression.

• dominicdercoleb14_ESO
    dominicdercoleb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would like the ability to use the old mouse and keyboard UI and use the gamepad for it. I noticed when you turn the gamepad on, most of my addons that affect my inventory disappear. I'm sure this is because the modder has the mod change the traditional UI and when you turn the gamepad on and get the new UI the mod is not compatible.
    Example:
    - research mod that provides a color code system to show which armor/weapons have traits I've researched already. When the gamepad is turned on, in my inventory, this color coding system disappears.

Basically, I would like the option to do this:
    - turn the gamepad on, but also be allowed to select to use the old or traditional UI

I think this will help people who like the "gamepad" UI or those who prefer the traditional style. Other than that, I use a Logitech F310 wired controller. I don't really have any issues with it while playing, except:
    - I get a bug that causes me to have to hold down the button to sprint instead of just clicking it to do a constant sprint. If I do a roll, it will fix it. Not sure why a roll fixes it, but it does
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone using a controller get an issue like this - my charachter gets stuck moving in a direction and I cant do anything about it except disconnect controller and replug, then it is fine. I had this a while ago and it went away - now it is back.
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    Anyone using a controller get an issue like this - my charachter gets stuck moving in a direction and I cant do anything about it except disconnect controller and replug, then it is fine. I had this a while ago and it went away - now it is back.

I've been playing with a controller since GPad mode dropped and I've never had this issue.

Are you sure it's not your controller?
  • Shuichi
    Shuichi
    ✭✭✭
    What i dont understand is the lack of availability to change Gamepad controls on PS4/XBOX the way we are able to on PC. Seems as if there is not enough trust for console players to not screw up their entire gamepad layout, which is pretty frustrating. I basically wont be playing on consoles until I can change my controls to my liking.
    Hand of Sithis - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vidahr wrote: »

I've been playing with a controller since GPad mode dropped and I've never had this issue.

Are you sure it's not your controller?

I have no idea - I only play this game on the PC with it. I suppose it could be. It did it in the past and then went away for a long time, just came back this past week. I so prefer the controller.

• adamt88yep
    Everything works perfect :)
    Xbox One [ EU ]
    Gamertag - Adamt88yep
    Stamina Nightblade - Dark Elf - EP
    Stamina Templar - Argonian - EP
    Magicka Sorcerer - High Elf- EP
    Magicka Templar - Breton - EP
    Magicka Dragon Knight - Dark Elf - EP
    Magicka Nighblade - Breton - EP

PC [EU]
    Adamt88yep
    Magicka Templar - Breton - DC
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess - I will just hope it goes away again.
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Guess - I will just hope it goes away again.

If you have some pawn shops in your area, pick a wired controller up. I got mine for $5, I don't have a console.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a wired xbox1 controller - i really like it. Thx for the suggestion. Any problems synching it up with the game or was it plug - n play?
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is a wired xbox1 controller - i really like it. Thx for the suggestion. Any problems synching it up with the game or was it plug - n play?

I have W10 and it is a wired Microsoft-branded controller, like just the normal wired one. It worked out of the box! No issues.
    Edited by Vidahr on June 27, 2016 5:27PM
  • ntblood
    ntblood
    Soul Shriven
    How do you enable controller support on PC? I don't have anything under Settings except for Video and Audio.

Thanks
  • ntblood
    ntblood
    Soul Shriven
    * I do have my Xbox One controller connected.
  • ntblood
    ntblood
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, it has to be once you're in-game to set this. Doesn't work in the character menu before loading into the game. Would be nice if some documentation said this (I can't find any).

I was only able to find this,"To switch to gamepad mode, navigate to the Gameplay menu in Settings and plug in your controller."
    Well please tell us that this doesn't work unless in game-play mode to save people the hassle.
    Edited by ntblood on June 28, 2016 6:49PM
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried with my xbox one controller and wired xbox 360 controller just to see if this would work and I can't get either of them to work. I went into settings and pressed f to key map to the controller but nothing is working.

Is it a different controller you recommend or does it not work on the PTS right now?
  • karios525
    karios525
    ✭✭✭
    Encountered an issue with the game randomly changes default settings so when i try and switch weapon sets my character just puts his weapon away, and also sneak gets changed as well, getting really frustrating I can tell you, tested on my 360 controller, steam controller, and a brand new xbox one wired controller, anyone got any ideas why default controller settings keep getting changed? Have tested with and without addons from starting a fresh game from desktop, same issue, always happens if i log out and log back in and sometimes if i am fast travelling or a long load for a dungeon, really hoping somebody can help me with this, anyone? Lol Thanks for any and all attempts to help
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea - sorry. I hope the issues I have are just b/c it is not all sorted out yet.
  • Triddle
    Triddle
    ✭✭✭
    DobbaDeuce wrote: »

Also, it seems by default the interface shifts to the console interface when Gamepad Mode is turned on. I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be neat if you could set which one you wanted or if it switched based on which control scheme you used last. For example, if I press "I" on my keyboard, it shows the standard PC interface. The switch to the console interface can be a bit jarring.

This is my main concern with the gamepad integration. It seems to work great, but I don't want to sacrifice my interface in order to use it. For me, and I would wager a lot of the PC user base, we're still sitting here with a mouse and keyboard. I want to be able to control my character with the controller, then navigate the interface with my mouse. Personally I end up going play play play, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad off, interact with interface, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad on, oops, forgot to do something, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad off, fix thing, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad on, play play play.

Besides this, I have no complaints. If there was a setting for 'keep PC interface' under the gamepad setting, the implementation from my perspective and experience would be pretty spot on.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triddle wrote: »
    Personally I end up going play play play, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad off, interact with interface, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad on, oops, forgot to do something, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad off, fix thing, settings -> gameplay -> gamepad on, play play play.
    That can go a bit faster if you set a keybind for Gamepad On/Off. I have mine on NUM-(dot).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Triddle
    Triddle
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    That can go a bit faster if you set a keybind for Gamepad On/Off. I have mine on NUM-(dot).

That sounds like a really handy work around. I don't see a way to do this in the controls though. Did you make a macro or something?

EDIT: Forget that, there is infact an option in controls. My mistake.
    Edited by Triddle on July 12, 2016 2:21PM
  • xlWASP
    xlWASP
    No rotation speed option in-game.

When your targeting reticle glides over an enemy you're turn speed will be drastically reduced.

When enemies are behind you, not even under reticle, your turn speed will still be adjusted and reduced. So, in PvP, if someone's behind you and you're using a controller.. it puts you at a MASSIVE disadvantage.

Only option there is for now is to NOT use a controller in Cyrodiil.

Add an option to turn off aim-assist and to adjust turn speeds. Thanks.
    Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Going through this thread, how has no one brought up the annoyance that is the loot and experience popping up UNDER the chat window? Seriously, how has a simple problem like this not been addressed, if you turn off the controller loot pops up on the right, why would you move it to the left UNDER the chat box????
  • Alphoter5
    Alphoter5
    For me everything is ok but that i cant interrupt. My xbox one controller dont do anything when i keep block pressed and then press attack.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »
    Going through this thread, how has no one brought up the annoyance that is the loot and experience popping up UNDER the chat window? Seriously, how has a simple problem like this not been addressed, if you turn off the controller loot pops up on the right, why would you move it to the left UNDER the chat box????

Move the chat box?
  • mhasanbulli
    Have there been any updates to the whole controller support in any of the updates? Anything mentioned in the patch notes? Or, is it still the same - untouched from 2015?