Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

I have to ask what is meant by "Average"; I would prefer to hear about the median; for example on PC (which I play on) what is the number of CP where half the players have above it and half have below it? Is the average a true bell curve or is there a tail? What are the "most common" amounts?

(apparently some of my statistics class actually stuck in my brain - who knew)
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

Ok, people that sticked with the game and played regularly since the release of Tamriel Unlimited, they for sure have 450-600+ CP average by now from just playing, but we're a rare breed :smirk: .

Not all of us.

I'm still subbed and I have 31 on one account and none on the other.

My husband has two subbed accounts also. He estimates around 90-110 on both accounts.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    quote [the average player (the ones who actually play the game everyday) have 400+ CP.]

the average player don't play everyday, the average player don't have 400+ CP, over 400 CP is probably more top tier ( and yes i know some people that got 1.5k + but these are rarity).

I had the 70 free CP and played everyday since launch, i'm sitting at 235 atm.

Why would you need more than 501 anyway, i think it's enough to build your toon properly

sucxs for the hardcore gamers that really put a lot of effort to get more than 700+, but it's not like it's gonna crippled ya into scrub mode
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Suru wrote: »
    You cant even max 2 sub sets in one tree lol. 600 would be more reasonable and 700 generous and more leeway towards people who play the game more seriously. Pretty Trashy~

This lessens the point of playing imo, but I'll keep playing, friends are friends, guilds are still my family.

501 is a terrible number. Most endgame guilds and players have near 500 and a bunch over 500. So when Orsinium their progress is immediately halted when they do reach said cap within a few CP. Unfortunate that there isnt anymore seperation between Veteran players and Newbies. If there was a hardcap at 1200 CP everyone would have a goal and a destination in terms of numbers. The point where you can max one whole tree line if you pleased. Extremist cap but yea.

I just hope with this cap scrubbles will finally realize how bad they actually are [at pvp] and that CP was not solely the reason their group of 10~15 got wiped by two nightblades.

erm... Newbies don't have CPs.

Obviously he meant newer players who haven't played the game as long as those who have been here pre-1.6, thus him calling those players "veterans."

I guessed as much, but by the time someone reaches Vet ranks, they can hardly be considered a newbie. For people that play the game as intended, it takes a lot of work to hit vet levels and to earn CPs.

No it doesn't. Plenty of people come to the game, grind a toon to veteran ranks, go into PvP, and then expect to be have any sort of advantage over a player who has played the game since launch, knows the game in and out, and is a seasoned ESO "veteran." Someone who has played this game a month compared to someone who has played it for over a year is, in my eyes, a newbie.

We still face-rolled these players in 1.5, we face-rolled them in 1.6, are still face-rolling them in 1.7, and will continue to face-roll them in the next patch. My point is that players who come into an MMO expecting to catch up quickly to someone who has played it for a long time are idiotic. CP cap or not they will still fail until they actually learn to play.

But as @Suru said, hopefully they will realize that it was never entirely CP that allowed us two nightblades to destroy their IC farming zergs, and that they just need to learn the game mechanics more and how to handle themselves in PvP better. At least I can stop getting ragetells accusing me of being a "no-life 1k+ CP farmer who deserves to die" when I'm sitting at half of that.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play this game far too much really, and i have only 375 cp

I mean i play everyday, do the daily pledge, than 4 to 5 hours of pvp

I have one main and since 1.6 i did a lot of pvp that does not give much xp, i got 10 million useless ap instead

Now i am leveling a alt and got 6 cp today in 9 hours running around in the sewers but this is unusual

Unless they hand out cp for horseriding in cyrodill i am not worried about the cap at all

I mean we had vr14 for a long time with no progression and we did not care, now they had to nerf our chars because content became too easy. I rather have a balanced game i can enjoy than more cp followed by more nerfs

And yes i like playing dk but the nerfs are just stupid ^^ i saw i nb in ic take out a 110 k health daedroth in 4 hits np
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Ok, people that sticked with the game and played regularly since the release of Tamriel Unlimited, they for sure have 450-600+ CP average by now from just playing, but we're a rare breed :smirk: .

Not all of us.

My husband has two subbed accounts also. He estimates around 90-110 on both accounts.

I don't even know how that's possible.
    Maybe you guys RP a lot? If so, then how you stack up vs the top tier pvp players might not be a huge concern.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Hey, I'm slightly above average.

Everyone in America is! Welcome to the club!

Yeah, but I play almost everyday for a couple hours at least. Have no idea if that's typical.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, I must be an elite hardcore player, I have like 479 cp and before Orsinium drops I know I will be way over 501. I know many people who are much higher than me.. way over 500 + and some border 700..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant even max 2 sub sets in one tree lol. 600 would be more reasonable and 700 generous and more leeway towards people who play the game more seriously. Pretty Trashy~

This lessens the point of playing imo, but I'll keep playing, friends are friends, guilds are still my family.

501 is a terrible number. Most endgame guilds and players have near 500 and a bunch over 500. So when Orsinium their progress is immediately halted when they do reach said cap within a few CP. Unfortunate that there isnt anymore seperation between Veteran players and Newbies. If there was a hardcap at 1200 CP everyone would have a goal and a destination in terms of numbers. The point where you can max one whole tree line if you pleased. Extremist cap but yea.

I just hope with this cap scrubbles will finally realize how bad they actually are [at pvp] and that CP was not solely the reason their group of 10~15 got wiped by two nightblades.

Obviously he meant newer players who haven't played the game as long as those who have been here pre-1.6, thus him calling those players "veterans."

I guessed as much, but by the time someone reaches Vet ranks, they can hardly be considered a newbie. For people that play the game as intended, it takes a lot of work to hit vet levels and to earn CPs.

No it doesn't. Plenty of people come to the game, grind a toon to veteran ranks, go into PvP, and then expect to be have any sort of advantage over a player who has played the game since launch, knows the game in and out, and is a seasoned ESO "veteran." Someone who has played this game a month compared to someone who has played it for over a year is, in my eyes, a newbie.

We still face-rolled these players in 1.5, we face-rolled them in 1.6, are still face-rolling them in 1.7, and will continue to face-roll them in the next patch. My point is that players who come into an MMO expecting to catch up quickly to someone who has played it for a long time are idiotic. CP cap or not they will still fail until they actually learn to play.

But as @Suru said, hopefully they will realize that it was never entirely CP that allowed us two nightblades to destroy their IC farming zergs, and that they just need to learn the game mechanics more and how to handle themselves in PvP better. At least I can stop getting ragetells accusing me of being a "no-life 1k+ CP farmer who deserves to die" when I'm sitting at half of that.

I said playing the game as intended, it takes a lot of work. I don't think they intended for people to skip all the quests and grind their way to vet levels within a few hours. If so, then that was a huge waste of development resources. I did play the game as intended and it took months for me to hit vet ranks and I find it insulting to be called a newbie after all that work. I earned my veteran rank and have a strong grasp on how the game works. TYVM.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a lot. Too much in fact. I did the grind to max level for the 70 CP, and I don't think I've missed more than a day or two playing even if it's only for an hour. I only have about 245 CP, according to my PVP guild that's more than most of them. Almost everyone in any of my guilds have full time jobs and families and other obligations. I can't see how anyone has so many CP, I thought my gameplay was bordering obsession,.

Don't underestimate people's motivation to grind once they have discovered a profitable grinding spot. I've never really grinded but I put that down to not really knowing any decent spots. Once I discovered how fast you could make cp in IC it was much easier to keep going.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I said playing the game as intended, it takes a lot of work. I don't think they intended for people to skip all the quests and grind their way to vet levels within a few hours. If so, then that was a huge waste of development resources. I did play the game as intended and it took months for me to hit vet ranks and I find it insulting to be called a newbie after all that work. I earned my veteran rank and have a strong grasp on how the game works. TYVM.
    I did all the quests to V1 1st time through, listened to all the dialogue ect. Took about a week.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

I did all the quests to V1 1st time through, listened to all the dialogue ect. Took about a week.

I don't see how that is possible. My experience was vastly different.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

LOL all you people that think you know what everyone has, just go ahead and keep spewing ***. God dam 93 on PC yet every one has over 300, you all are a joke lol. Even if this was including dead a counts I'm pretty sure ZOS still knows how many their effecting...
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 49 on NA and 3 on EU. I seem to spend more time on non vet characters....
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And you are not the kind of player I am discussing here, are you? No one is calling you a newbie, the "newbies" being referenced are exactly as I said, players who come to the game, grind a toon, and go into PvP and expect to roll over players who have played for a long time.

I know how the game was intended to be leveled in. I've played since launch, I have 6 vr16s, I've done Cadwell's Silver + gold multiple times. All of my characters are above PvP rank 20. I've earned my "veteran" status TYVM. So let's get to the point of the CP cap. Why the hell should someone who came to the game a few months ago be able to reach where I'm at when they've barely put the time in that I have? Since we're talking about "how much work" we've put in. Imagine how insulting it is when you get rage-telled by some bad player you've just killed with a low pvp rank telling you you're a "1k+ CP famer" which discredits all of the time you've spent in learning the actual mechanics for every class in the game. We can keep going if you really want to get into entitlement for "how much work" one has put in or not.

But digressing from all of that, my point still stands. CP cap or not, the players who have absolutely refused to admit to their lack of skill will still get facerolled by the players who know how to play well.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Too low. 720 would be better
    EP FOR LIFE
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you are not the kind of player I am discussing here, are you? No one is calling you a newbie, the "newbies" being referenced are exactly as I said, players who come to the game, grind a toon, and go into PvP and expect to roll over players who have played for a long time.

I know how the game was intended to be leveled in. I've played since launch, I have 6 vr16s, I've done Cadwell's Silver + gold multiple times. All of my characters are above PvP rank 20. I've earned my "veteran" status TYVM. So let's get to the point of the CP cap. Why the hell should someone who came to the game a few months ago be able to reach where I'm at when they've barely put the time in that I have? Since we're talking about "how much work" we've put in. Imagine how insulting it is when you get rage-telled by some bad player you've just killed with a low pvp rank telling you you're a "1k+ CP famer" which discredits all of the time you've spent in learning the actual mechanics for every class in the game. We can keep going if you really want to get into entitlement for "how much work" one has put in or not.

But digressing from all of that, my point still stands. CP cap or not, the players who have absolutely refused to admit to their lack of skill will still get facerolled by the players who know how to play well.

I get your point. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

I listened to all the dialogue go about level 10, got an email from sorcalin calling me to arms and the rest is history.

It wasn't until well after I hit Vet 10 (the first cap) that I started to believe that I had a strong grasp of how the game worked. Knowing all I know now I'd say that me was a scrub. I'm still learning every day over 130 days logged in playing this game.

Thinking about it there is now zero reason for me to continue my subscription. I'm max research, max CP by the time osrinium releases, there will be zero lasting reason for me to go into IC by the time my subscription lapses as it is a PvE zone. I have 10k crowns which will buy my next 4 DLCs. What reason now is there for me to continue supporting this game?

I think ZoS really needs to think about these things when the consider the caps. I'm fine with 500 but I know dozens of players who are already at or past that who are going to have little sense of progression starting next patch. For me it will be nice to be able to take a break without worrying about keeping up with the jonses. Gotta finish Witcher 3, got SCII coming out. Nothing to keep me logging in at that point.
    Edited by Ezareth on October 6, 2015 1:58AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually starting to believe the VR system will be removed now. Part of me feels this is an effort to clump together a lot of the crowd that started playing since PC launch and by extension with catch up mechanics even newer players. Imagine when the vr system is removed and a v16 playing from launch with 300cps has his gear effectively reduced to vr4 and someone playing since launch has a v16 with 800cps and has their gear effectively boosted to vr20. We all know not all time spent in game is created xp equal. If we're clumped, and with the assumed hidden number system (as in all daggers are level 50 with different values cp1-10 dagger with 100 damage, cp11-20 dagger with101) it will make things easier. Once the vr system is gone I can see seasonal caps being larger.

Running two vertical progression systems (I believe CP's are pretty vertical) isn't good. My opinion on caps is out until the vr system gets removed, which I have stated on these forums I didn't believe they could achieve because of how vr ranks are tied to itemization.

Another part of me fears this is the solution to having two vertical system; caps simple but effective and vr stays.

Either way I do feel for the people with bunches and bunches of CP's, even people who grind like mad. Nobody should ever be made to feel like their game time, and progression, has been worthless for months on end. I don't worry about cps, mine or others when I play.

Of course my own cp disclaimer: I'm at 246. I don't play every day anymore (wish I could) but I have spent hours reading lorebooks while fishing (this grants monster xp hehe). Idk if my sig is right or not since iI can see it on my phone but I have a vr14, vr10, vr8, vr9, 45, 44, 25, 25. Currently when I log on I play an orc templar healer, Krogmak, of course for the DC mostly pvp . Also trying to figure out how to get by the first boss in Spindle clutch, solo, I can clear the first two rooms without all the skills I want on my bar just haven't unlocked on a 25 yet.
    Options
  • Forcebuster
    Forcebuster
    ✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

will that average stay the same in a month? Cp system was released about 7 months ago so we will be expecting a raise of 500 cp every year or 7 months. What is the point of even keeping this system if it will take me 4-5 years to get to 3600 if the averages on pc and console are going to be put at 500 i find it unfair. Console players might need the 500 cp cap but Pc players will need a bigger cap since on PC cp system was released earlier just like you guys release updates 2 weeks apart for the consoles.
    There is no point for people to accumlate points if I cant spend them.No ill have to wait for the lazy ass player to catch up to me then its going to be ok for me to spend my points. Gl to the people with 1k-2k cp you will use ur cp in 3 years.

So @ZOS_RichLambert if u r saying that there is a very very very small number of people affected by the cap why do we even need a cap? just let players who have alot of cp have more exp needed or something, what is the chance of running into 93 players that have those amount of points. Isnt the catch up mechanic of that brain droth item is enough for people wit low cp?
    Edited by Forcebuster on October 6, 2015 1:05AM
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »

I agree with you completely, the average player (the ones who actually play the game everyday) have 400+ CP. These same players who will be at / over the cap on day 1, will have been punished and left with no progress for who knows how many months before an increase.

The feed us an average CP number that we have ZERO idea of how they came up with. For all we know the average CP number took into account DEAD accounts, and those of people who can't even be considered average players because they log in once a week.

I believe 600 cap makes much more sense. At the very least you get the ability to max 2 passives per constellation.

I guess I am doing it wrong. I usually log in everyday for a couple hours after work. I def don't have 400 CP. I'm like 190 or so.
    Options
  • Multavi
    Multavi
    ✭✭
    alright guys soo this 501 champion points thing is bull seriously I work 65+ hours a week and spent maby 2-3 hours a night pvp doing the daily that is it and some nighs I don't even play. I don't think people should just grind out cps like that and be super op but at the same time THE MORE TIME YOU PUT INTO YOUR CHARACTER YOU SHOULD BE REWARDARED FOR IT.all I'm saying it cut the average player some slack give us least 600-700 cps to use and let the baddies or the people who DONT PLAY AT ALL catch up that is all I am saying

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on October 6, 2015 4:53PM
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty amazing. So many people keep arguing about the numbers, what the supposed "average" Lambert threw out there really means, and discussing the cap itself as if it's this brilliant solution and the only viable way to correct what has been happening to the game. Seems to me another case of not seeing the forest for the trees....

This isn't a CP numbers only issue, or how fast or slow one can earn them. It has everything to do with how the system is hard wired to passives and combat bonuses which make no sense whatsoever being possible on a single build, and which completely ignore that build's chosen attributes, gearing and weapons.

To date, nearly every single issue raised by those of us opposed to the way in which the CP system was designed, issues we discussed at length before the CP system even launched, have all come to pass. All of them. Over the months people have brought up every single thing.

The system is not sustainable, not logical, and not conducive to balancing classes or content. Capping it now solves nothing other than placating a small segment of players under the delusion that limiting the CP number will balance the game and improve their chances at competitive play. It will not.

And adding insult to injury, they are now going to tether how you can earn it to the content delivery time table and justify that by saying the "average" number for PC or Console players in way less than 500 anyway. Sad. really sad.
    Options
  • Multavi
    Multavi
    ✭✭
    another thing is at 496 cp I beet people in pvp with 1400+ plus cp soo its still all about skill d cps just give u s small advantage
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only me wanting to know why 501 ? where did that 1 come from
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Devil's Advocate ALERT: Wouldn't it also make sense that for people that left might possibly be considering returning to tamriel when this DLC launches? Therefore, wouldn't the cap be more reasonable?

just thinking

EXACTLY. This is a B2P game now. People coming back after time off between patches is important to the devs very important.
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably represents a round number(+1 to be a multiple of 3) close to about 3 standard deviations or 1 in 1k players.
    Edited by Tyr on October 6, 2015 1:00AM
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We were all happy without the CP system. Now we want more of it? CPs dramatically un level the PvP battlefield. A cap at five hundred is probably fine. We may have a few months of pvp where the players have mathematically even stats. Imagine that.

Grinding goblins for extra power was pointed out as a huge problem over the last few months. We need new blood in pvp, and this is a good way to attract it. Make the catchup scaling quick.

Based on the averages rich posted, I'm out into the top few percent.

Edit: I would prefer pvp with a cap at 360, ability to reach one 120 pt passive in each tree. I'll take 500.
    Edited by Ishammael on October 6, 2015 1:01AM
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Not all of us.

I don't even know how that's possible.
    Maybe you guys RP a lot? If so, then how you stack up vs the top tier pvp players might not be a huge concern.

It's divisible by 3.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just raise it to 600, and all will be fine.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options