The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could have easily set it at 702 or 801 to not shove it in the players that have been loyal to the game from the starts faces that their money is worthless to you. As the patch notes are now, I will not be buying orsinium.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Yaewinn wrote: »
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Active Accounts?

What's active?

My friend with 70ish points that has logged in and played with me for a couple days at two points since TU launched? He's signed on and done stuff and played, so he would be "active", but he does not play the game and shouldn't be counted in a pool of "average" players. BUT I bet you players like him are counted in this number. lol

I'm so disappointed that they pull stuff like this.

I've pretty much only played this game for the last few months solid whilst recovering from back surgery, so I've pumped a fair few hours into this (around 6 hours a day, for around 4 or even 5 days-a-week) and yet I'm only at 42 (xbox). I have no idea how it's even possible to get to 500. I really hate to think how those handful of players who have around 2k got to that number. Their day must literally involve the following; wake at 7am - go to the loo - play ESO - 12pm grab a bite and go to the loo again - 12.15pm play ESO - 6pm grab a bite and to the loo - 6.30pm - 2am ESO. Some must even pull all nighters.

Not really that hard. Those of us that started when the system rolled out with (edit: maxed out) vet characters already had 70 points. From there is was just playing (remember you spent a lot of that time getting a guy up to vet first before you got CP, then you started earning). I finished leveling a couple guys in quests when not playing pvp when I had time to game and you get good xp from doing quest turn ins. After that I just pretty much did pvp when my group was on and that was it. When stuff like IC came out, we played a bit more b/c of the new stuff and everyone excited and all. I even have several xp pots and never use them.

BUT, there have been times when I haven't played much at all and have a few days of enlightenment built up. And when IC came to PTS, we tested it quite a bit (getting 0 cp in that time) as we will probably test Orsinium as well. I don't grind for CP, I dont play ten hours a day. Today in fact, I was logged in (after doing crafting writs) and just running around Rawl'ka talking to a couple friends in TS as we watched the stream and that consisted of my several hours of "playtime" today. Maybe we will pvp some tonight, but if you looked at my playtime for the day it might show twice as much hours played as actual time I spent earning anything. It's really not that hard to earn CP just playing the game.
    Edited by xaraan on October 5, 2015 11:12PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    . Leaving it fair for the players that have played continually since the launch of the champion system but still giving and advantage to people that have come late to the game.

I have played since just afterward and I have 31.

You can probably tell I'm not a grinder
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

I find this PC average really hard to believe.

That's because it's not taking into account things like players that quit playing and maybe logged in a few times to see how the game is and then left again. Average me with one of my friends (who still has a sub btw and doesn't play lol) and we are like half way to the cap. But players like him are not a genuine representation of players that are even somewhat consistently playing the game.

Something tells me they are smart enough to include or exclude certain things when they make their calculations. He just gave us an average. Some are below that and some are above that average. I found out that I fall within the average, and I am a very active player when my life allows it.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

The big question is... When will it be increased? the next big update in 3 months? every 6 months?. Now will the amount be doubled? or just increased by 200?
    Options
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with it at that! I was expecting between 360 - 500 anyway
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

That's because it's not taking into account things like players that quit playing and maybe logged in a few times to see how the game is and then left again. Average me with one of my friends (who still has a sub btw and doesn't play lol) and we are like half way to the cap. But players like him are not a genuine representation of players that are even somewhat consistently playing the game.

Something tells me they are smart enough to include or exclude certain things when they make their calculations. He just gave us an average. Some are below that and some are above that average. I found out that I fall within the average, and I am a very active player when my life allows it.

I seriously doubt they changed the numbers in any way other than maybe exclude someone that hasn't logged in for months (and I say a strong MAYBE).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Hey, I'm slightly above average.

Everyone in America is! Welcome to the club!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

@ZOS_RichLambert, Can you elaborate on this a bit more? I'm interested in these kinds of things if you would be so kind as to indulge.
    • Is this an average, or a median?
    • Is this based on "active" accounts, or does it include stale \ non-playing accounts (I would assume the PC number would be much lower if stale accounts were included).
    • What percentage of accounts have 0 CP? (There seems to be a portion of the pop that keeps rerolling once they hit VR).
    • Any playtime \ hours played stats on those with over 500CP?

Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that play for hours everyday surpirsed they are already at or nearing cap. Thats exactly the amount of play time the cap is aimed at. Its not going to be at a point where people playing that amount of time are still going to have room to progress by hundreds more CPs. If you play for hours everyday, get used to being at cap everytime its raised.

WAI

And talking about lack of progression for those at cap, what exactly did you do before 1.6? Not play the game? The cap isn't going to change the way you play other than you might not spend a couple of hours everyday in CWC.
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with 501. Surprised by how low the PC average is though.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity..where you currently at in CP levels Teargrant?
    I'm at 404. That's from exclusively PvPing, no grinding - outside of grinding my DC to V14 when I rerolled from red & IC sewers a couple weeks for v16 mats. For the most part I just get the CP from elightenment XP, very seldom do I go over that.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

That's nice and all, how about you include some more information w/ those statistics so that the player community can actually extrapolate useful information from it? Because Just that seems like a PR stunt.

Please tell us:
    - Are those averages arrived at from calculating based on EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT IN THE GAME, regardless of account activity? If not, then what criteria did you use to select your sample?
    - Did you eliminate outliers for this calculations (ie. accounts w/ 0 CP)?
    - How do your calculations for PC take into account the fact that vet accounts were automatically given up to 70 free CP in 1.6? This would result in many many many inactive PC accounts having up to 70 CP, skewing any 'average' calculation that included them.
    - Aside from the Mean, what is the Median?
    Edited by Teargrants on October 5, 2015 11:26PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44
    @ZOS_RichLambert Assuming that's the mean average... could you give us the median and upper quartile as well? :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    501 is perfect. thank you zos.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving this part...
    • The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.

If you don’t have any Champion Points, you will earn them very quickly.
      If you have a lot of Champion Points, you will earn them slower.

This will help those of us who are severely below average in the CP department able to gain some ground.

As for those who say that the mentioned average CP for PC is counting players who "just logged in to try the game"... well to reach even 1 CP they'd have to have taken a character to at least VR1- which takes a LOT more time than just "logging in and trying the game". So anyone who has reached Veteran Rank should be counted, because it notes a level of dedication in playing the game; I know of a coworker who never even made it past level 8 before he quit.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that is why Rich doesn't talk numbers.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    . Leaving it fair for the players that have played continually since the launch of the champion system but still giving and advantage to people that have come late to the game.

I have played since just afterward and I have 31.

You can probably tell I'm not a grinder

Those players that had v14 characters when the champion system launched all got 70cp for free. Daily enlightenment means you can get one every day for less than an hours playtime. You can easily earn 2 per day without grinding. I can earn about 3 per day just by pvping for 4 hours per day. I can take a few days off and catch up in a day. I work full-time and don't grind but do play a lot on my days off and I have 280.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    p.
    Ezareth wrote: »
    The cap would be fine if there wasn't a catch-up mechanic implemented as well. It's basically negating any work anyone who has been in the CP system since the launch of it has put in and handing new players a free 6 or so months of time while taking away the value of time we who have been playing have already put in. Majority of players that I know and play with (and, no, not just mega-leet players, and most are PvPers as well) are at 400-500 CP right now. So this means that when the cap comes out not only will we all not have any sort of progression to look forward to, there's not really going to be any in a forseeable future. I think a CP cap is important to put in, but I find it to be too low for the PC player base. 600-700 would have been much better and a lot more lasting for a first CP season. I say this ONLY because we've already had the CP system for so long, and will have to wait an extended time for the second season anyways, so, naturally, the cap for the first season should have reasonably been higher. It feels like everything is just going to stall out on the PC side of things. I don't have much over 500, so the cap isn't going to affect my gameplay much at all, I will always be a good player because I understand the mechanics of the game, but I don't like being told my time ingame was meaningless.
    Oh well. At least now people can't rely on CP as something to blame for them losing. Though I will miss the "you're a damn 1k+ CP farmer" from people. Wonder what they're going to blame next. :#

Yeah I'm at 430 CP or something and I took a month off the game since CPs were introduced. I'll be hitting 500 CPs just as Osirinium is launched. Pretty much all of the active players who have been earning 2-3 CPs a day (not grinding) are going to have zero sense of progression.

I think 600 CPs for PC is much more reasonable (and is divisible by 3) with another 75 CPs being added a month (means the game would be capped out in 3.33 years which is probably the length of the planned development cycle (was originally slated to be 5 years).

Remember the entire point of a CAP was to eliminate the players who spent ridiculous time grinding CPs to break the system while not punishing the players who actually just played the game as it was intended.

With a Catch up mechanic implemented, the CP cap should be set reasonably and increased regularly.

I agree with you completely, the average player (the ones who actually play the game everyday) have 400+ CP. These same players who will be at / over the cap on day 1, will have been punished and left with no progress for who knows how many months before an increase.

The feed us an average CP number that we have ZERO idea of how they came up with. For all we know the average CP number took into account DEAD accounts, and those of people who can't even be considered average players because they log in once a week.

I believe 600 cap makes much more sense. At the very least you get the ability to max 2 passives per constellation.
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. I'm at 180 on PC but I started playing on July. Nobody should be mad about 500, it's very reasonable and good for the longevity of the game as new players won't have a mission impossible. We'll also have a more balanced game, especially pvp wise. We'll see who really is skilled.
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
    Options
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cant even max 2 sub sets in one tree lol. 600 would be more reasonable and 700 generous and more leeway towards people who play the game more seriously. Pretty Trashy~

This lessens the point of playing imo, but I'll keep playing, friends are friends, guilds are still my family.

501 is a terrible number. Most endgame guilds and players have near 500 and a bunch over 500. So when Orsinium their progress is immediately halted when they do reach said cap within a few CP. Unfortunate that there isnt anymore seperation between Veteran players and Newbies. If there was a hardcap at 1200 CP everyone would have a goal and a destination in terms of numbers. The point where you can max one whole tree line if you pleased. Extremist cap but yea.

I just hope with this cap scrubbles will finally realize how bad they actually are [at pvp] and that CP was not solely the reason their group of 10~15 got wiped by two nightblades.

Suru
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting 200-300. 501 isn't too bad. The real question is how far they are going to move it for the next update.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

I don't. Basically 90% of my old guildies and friends only logs in like once a month and asks "is the game fixed yet". Than they log out lol. They dont have a lot of CP.

Ok, people that sticked with the game and played regularly since the release of Tamriel Unlimited, they for sure have 450-600+ CP average by now from just playing, but we're a rare breed :smirk:

Cap: I'm fine with it. I will most certainly have way over 501+ by the time Orsinium comes out. I wont be able to use all my CP, but it doesn't matter. Just happy that the endless grind is gone. No more feeling stressed out about gaining X amount of CP everyday, just to keep up.
    Options
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    CP in this game never bothered me. I'm not one of the players with vast amounts (approaching 290). Still come to the conclusion a lot of concern about CP stems from PVP. Perhaps trials too, as another poster mentioned in a discussion.
    The cap is being introduced, such is life. Once again though, it seems like pvp is dictating the rest of this game.

Hmmm, while no doubt a lot of CP angst comes from the PvP issues, I am getting more and more of a feeling that the whole game is starting to be balanced around having a certain number of CP...
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    You cant even max 2 sub sets in one tree lol. 600 would be more reasonable and 700 generous and more leeway towards people who play the game more seriously. Pretty Trashy~

This lessens the point of playing imo, but I'll keep playing, friends are friends, guilds are still my family.

501 is a terrible number. Most endgame guilds and players have near 500 and a bunch over 500. So when Orsinium their progress is immediately halted when they do reach said cap within a few CP. Unfortunate that there isnt anymore seperation between Veteran players and Newbies. If there was a hardcap at 1200 CP everyone would have a goal and a destination in terms of numbers. The point where you can max one whole tree line if you pleased. Extremist cap but yea.

I just hope with this cap scrubbles will finally realize how bad they actually are [at pvp] and that CP was not solely the reason their group of 10~15 got wiped by two nightblades.

erm... Newbies don't have CPs.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

501? That's going to be a much larger portion of players at cap than they let on. I just recently passed that, so doesn't impact me in a way that's going to lower what my character is now, but gives me no room to grow.

So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Should have given more points so people have actual room to grow over the coming months.
    If you don't enjoy the game, why not find a game you enjoy instead of seeking a carrot to chase?

Also, did you actually read the post before commenting on it?

"You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised."

So, no, the XP will not be wasted.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Obviously he meant newer players who haven't played the game as long as those who have been here pre-1.6, thus him calling those players "newbies" and the latter "veterans".
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on October 5, 2015 11:55PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP should have been horizontal not vertical in the first place, I don't think the dev's liked how the cp's were trivializing the pve content, I am sure it will be ok in the long run.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EXACTLY! This is the same point I brought up earlier but some people continue to disregard because they don't like the reality that Rich pointed out. Some have said, "the PC average that Rich pointed out includes players who logged in, tried the game, and quit"... but those players would have had to have played for quite some time to even reach VR1- which is when you start accumulating CP. So thinking that so many players invested the time to reach VR level only to turn around an quit, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me- seems that if they were going to quit, most would have done so before reaching VR rank.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    I play a lot. Too much in fact. I did the grind to max level for the 70 CP, and I don't think I've missed more than a day or two playing even if it's only for an hour. I only have about 245 CP, according to my PVP guild that's more than most of them. Almost everyone in any of my guilds have full time jobs and families and other obligations. I can't see how anyone has so many CP, I thought my gameplay was bordering obsession,.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously he meant newer players who haven't played the game as long as those who have been here pre-1.6, thus him calling those players "veterans."

I guessed as much, but by the time someone reaches Vet ranks, they can hardly be considered a newbie. For people that play the game as intended, it takes a lot of work to hit vet levels and to earn CPs.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options