Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.1.2

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, any possibility of getting the proc chance on leeching strikes changed to be the same conditions as 1.6 Siphoning Attacks (chance to proc on All Attacks) before IC goes live?
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    ok time to get my sorc ready. 40k dps over 2min no problemo now.

Buff Molag Kena wtf....just wtf....
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are all Molag Kena now. Errr or we all will soon be. Unless of course the RNG shoulder piece god hates you.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I'll be going for this set. If I can get my hands on it, I might even swap out dual swords for a master's fire boom stick. But this is going to be like Skoria on steroids. Everybody in pvp is going to want this. Or am I missing something?
    Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on August 18, 2015 6:12PM
    Options
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    Really? So I can't use surge from bar 2 (buff bar) and switch back to bar 1 for the bonus for weapon damage?! WTF is this neo-nazism?
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    So armor pieces (other than shields) from Trophy Vaults still can have crappy traits?

I don't think you get armor from Trophy Vaults. Aren't the Trophy Vaults weapon + jewelry "mini-sets"?

Of course, I am not sure what traits can be on armor from PvP Tel-Var mystery bags, from PvE boss drops, etc. Hopefully those will be updated also to not offer traits that are useless at endgame.

Ahhh I think you're right. Hopefully they carry this over to all other end-game sets!
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mrdankles wrote: »
    Really? So I can't use surge from bar 2 (buff bar) and switch back to bar 1 for the bonus for weapon damage?! WTF is this neo-nazism?

Surge is not a toggle.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are all Molag Kena now. Errr or we all will soon be. Unless of course the RNG shoulder piece god hates you.

For real. Guess they really needed to turn people to fork over cash for IC by further buffing the new sets (limiting traits on Trophy Vaults also counts as a buff over 'old' sets).
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I guess its rerolling Sorc now or gtfo and look for a new game.

this:
    04d20241034d7a0cea43be081fb5d913.png

+insta cryst frags and bb enemy
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    ok time to get my sorc ready. 40k dps over 2min no problemo now.

Buff Molag Kena wtf....just wtf....

All hails #DPSmasterRace

All who oppose DPS are subject to nerf
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this:

Those stats wont work well in pvp tho. Your regen is terrible for sustain. Sure the overload build in PvE will continue to be the main source of DPS for Sorcs, but that only brings them up to par with other classes now.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wahnsinn. Reiner Wahnsinn.

Edit: Temporary spelling insanity
    Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on August 18, 2015 6:28PM
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this:

Show me your sets! :smiley:
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this:

You need moar Magieschaden :smiley:
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you fix the progression-blocking Vat of Acid interaction bug in the Elven Gardens quest The Lock and the Legion?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another things:

Anyone who previously obtained multiple Mundus Stone buffs without the Twice-Born Star item set will have them removed upon login.

Double mundus stone exploit fix?!

Fixed an issue which was allowing you to benefit from toggled abilities that were not active on your current skill bar.

Overload bar fix?!
    Guild

Addons & Guides

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those stats wont work well in pvp tho. Your regen is terrible for sustain. Sure the overload build in PvE will continue to be the main source of DPS for Sorcs, but that only brings them up to par with other classes now.

I don't know. I think I could make those work as a magicka nb. Sure the regen is a problem as I normally roll with 2k but I would just have to go back to the pre 1.6 days and be choosy about my targets, hit hard and fast and then run like hell. No more loitering around looking for more targets. My concealed weapon and crippling strike would hit hard with 5k spell power. Timing that prox detonation would be tricky. Would definitely have to go destro on the main bar.

I'm wondering how you get 5k? Molag proc + Scathing proc + inner light, + maj sorcery + all jewelry spell power enchants. ???

Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on August 18, 2015 6:21PM
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering how you get 5k? Molag proc + Scathing proc + inner light, + maj sorcery + all jewelry spell power enchants. ???

I will know it too. :smile:
    Guild

Addons & Guides

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can we please get a fix to the Obsidian Shard and DK Chain abilities that I have detailed for the past couple of weeks? I would like them to be buffed in the ways that I have specified too, but can they at least be fixed?

So you don't have to find my old writing on these abilities.

Obsidian Shard - Currently only heals the caster despite the tool tip states it heals party members.

Desired Buff - Make the skill able to heal anyone and increase the range of the heal. Increasing the range of the skill isn't super useful if the range of the heal is extremely small. This would be a cool skill if it calculated it's heal the same way that Breath of Life does.

DK Chains - Has had an on going issue with targets being "too high or too low." This is especially true while in the Imperial City and should be fixed so that it always works.

Desired Buff - Have the gap closing effect be either a morph of the skill or only work while the caster of chains is not blocking. Being pulled to a CC immune enemy is one of the most jarring and worst feeling things in the game.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on August 18, 2015 6:31PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Did you fix the progression-blocking Vat of Acid interaction bug in the Elven Gardens quest The Lock and the Legion?

We just identified a fix for this issue, which is a more global issue with interactable objects not being responsive in the Imperial City. The fix will be in the next PTS patch.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC will be an empty place because all play NB and all are sneaking no one will see the enemy xD

The stats on the screenshot are not the stats of Alcast, Senaxu post it in another thread but not which equip he wear.... ^^
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh joy RD can crit Jesus beam is still Jesus beam great.......... really wonderful.........................
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just identified a fix for this issue, which is a more global issue with interactable objects not being responsive in the Imperial City. The fix will be in the next PTS patch.
    Great, thanks! Hopefully we won't have to wait till next week for that fix....
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Werewolf
    • Werewolf transformation now grants Spell Resistance in addition to Physical Resistance, and the bonus Physical and Spell Resistance has been increased to 151 per level/Veteran Rank from a base of 20 per level/Veteran Rank.
      • For example, a Veteran Rank 14 player character would get 9664 Physical and Spell Resistance during their transformation.
    [/list]

Also, how does this work with battle leveling?
    Options
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭

Does this fix include the interactable objects in some of the Imperial City daily quests that you can't interact with?
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the need to activate the Molag Kena set more easily, and even the addition of spell damage to the first trait, but why buff it again by reducing the magicka drain from 50% to 33%? Heck, they didn't even lower the first or second trait bonus to compensate. Compare this to Lord Warden set that got a single buff and two nerfs and I'm not sure what ZoS is thinking. Note that I'm not saying the Lord Warden changes are bad, only that it was already more situational than Molag Kena.

Anyway, combinedd with the buff to Energy Overload and we definitely have a new burst DPS meta for Sorcs. Sadly they needed it since their PvE damage was just bad. How this will affect PvP has yet to be determined but we will find out soon.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on August 18, 2015 6:56PM
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue where you could not interrupt channeled abilities by using block or entering a UI menu."

Bless ZOS and and @ZOS_GinaBruno for this fix!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Storm Calling
    Expert Mage: This passive now grants 1/2% weapon damage per Sorcerer ability slotted in addition to its previous effects.

Mages Fury: This ability and its morphs can now critically hit.
    Thundering Presence: Fixed an issue where lower ranks of Thundering Presence were dealing too much additional damage during the initial bonus period. We also clarified the tooltip to indicate the bonus damage is in addition to the normal damage.

Daedric Summoning
    The Daedric Protection passive now grants 10/20% bonus stamina recovery in addition to its previous effects."

This is great! Now that sorcerers have a few passives that stamina users can actually make use of, maybe we can get some sorcerer abilities that stamina can make use of so those nice new passives don't go to waste ^_^
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Great, thanks! Hopefully we won't have to wait till next week for that fix....

Unfortunately, that's exactly what it means. Sorry. :(

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Radiant destruction can crit ...
    Sure, it was so weak an ability ...

it crits on live, the patched messed it up, they fixed it. there is no reason for anything not to crit sooo....
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »
    "Storm Calling
    Expert Mage: This passive now grants 1/2% weapon damage per Sorcerer ability slotted in addition to its previous effects.

Mages Fury: This ability and its morphs can now critically hit.
    Thundering Presence: Fixed an issue where lower ranks of Thundering Presence were dealing too much additional damage during the initial bonus period. We also clarified the tooltip to indicate the bonus damage is in addition to the normal damage.

Daedric Summoning
    The Daedric Protection passive now grants 10/20% bonus stamina recovery in addition to its previous effects."

This is great! Now that sorcerers have a few passives that stamina users can actually make use of, maybe we can get some sorcerer abilities that stamina can make use of so those nice new passives don't go to waste ^_^

With luck, whatever Eric was talking about a little while back will make it into the update and it will include that.
    Options