Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.1.2

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    KriHavok wrote: »
    Does this fix include the interactable objects in some of the Imperial City daily quests that you can't interact with?

It should, yes. Things like the ballistae, Ogrim traps, some doors, crafting tables, etc.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS once again ignores massive negative feedback on "0 stamina regen while blocking" issue.
    Good job ZOS. Im sure ignoring players feedback, feedback from players who actually do PVE tanking is "good for long term health of game"

Actually they are listening to their players because MORE people are for 0% regen while blocking and it is better for the game.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on August 18, 2015 9:03PM
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we see a fix together with the final patch or rather much later?
    "Known Issue: Certain enchantment procs will still remove stealth from Shadow Cloak, even if they miss. This will be fixed in a future update."
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is VERY pleasing. Particularly the Cloak changes.

I played a lot of PTS. Stamblades might still be a bit weak but with a working cloak we will see how we get on. Personally I think the high 33% might need looking at slightly but can't tell until cloak is live :)
    Downloading now. Thanks.

P.S.
    The 1 piece Morag is very welcome, too.

P.P.S
    I still hate detection potions but I'm happy if these items counter cloak and not random gap closers / skills and such.
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh also if say a heavy attack lands on a NB who uses cloak they'll sill take damage but will go stealth correct? Or is cloak the new "i win button" to dodge all damage and make the player invisible.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more than happy about Zenimax' work. You guys are really listening to us :) Thank you very much, keep it up.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    12.5 for detection.......omfg great job. Now useless.
    Thoughtfully balanced.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "General
    •Reduced the maximum duration (before passives) for detection potions to 12.5 seconds from 43 seconds, as they previously proved too effective to foil any means of stealth."

Is this change only for the detection bonus? Or the spell power too? Can anyone confirm?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    "General
    •Reduced the maximum duration (before passives) for detection potions to 12.5 seconds from 43 seconds, as they previously proved too effective to foil any means of stealth."

Is this change only for the detection bonus? Or the spell power too? Can anyone confirm?

It says detection potions right there...
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Restr
    Oh also if say a heavy attack lands on a NB who uses cloak they'll sill take damage but will go stealth correct? Or is cloak the new "i win button" to dodge all damage and make the player invisible.

You mean the skill that makes you go invisible and become untargetable? As in, that's... what the skill does, and was always meant to do?

If the target goes invisible before the heavy attack lands, the NB (according the the changes) will turn invisible and take no damage, as intended.

Any DoT damage or AoE's will continue to knock the NB out of stealth, as always.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "General

Re-read pls....I'm talking about the same potion. The detection potion provides detection and major prophecy....the question is...does this nerf also effect the major prophecy buff timer on the detection pot as well?
    Options
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    "General

Re-read pls....I'm talking about the same potion. The detection potion provides detection and major prophecy....the question is...does this nerf also effect the major prophecy buff timer on the detection pot as well?

No. Why would it?
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit although I am dubious of the whole battle-spirit and various "band-aid" measures against active defenses that fail to address the core problem of infinite resources, these patch notes on the whole look encouraging.

My specific comments:
    • "Improved the rewards you get for defeating the deadly monsters that sweep the Imperial City's streets and sewers." - This is welcome.
    • "Weapons will have the following traits (powered)" - This is one of the bad traits nobody wants
    • "Molag Kena" - If you though too many people we wearing Valkyn Skoria sets, you need not worry about that anymore because we will all be wearing this.
    • "Restoration Staff and Lightning Staff heavy attacks can now critically strike" - It took 18 months, but tanks for finally fixing this.
    • "Anyone who previously obtained multiple Mundus Stone buffs without the Twice-Born Star item set will have them removed upon login" - Thank you!
    • "Fixed an issue which was allowing you to benefit from toggled abilities that were not active on your current skill bar" - thank you!
    • "Several abilities which have damage, damage shield, or healing components that scale off each other will no longer be hit multiple times by Battle Spirit’s reductions. This includes the following abilities" - Still don't like Battle Sprirt, but appreciate the attempt to make it work.
    • "Radiant Destruction: This ability and its morphs can now critically hit" - I think you should make it so Surprise Attack, Crystal Fragments, and Flame Whip are incapable of scoring a critical hit since people who play other classes seem to think attacks not critting is desirable.
    • "Reduced the maximum duration (before passives) for detection potions to 12.5 seconds from 43 seconds, as they previously proved too effective to foil any means of stealth" - I find this fair but I'm sure NBs will still complain.

What I'd like to see before Live:
    • Templar Eclipse skill able to affect multiple targets. Gratuitous and undocumented nerf that nobody asked for that ignores the fact this is an AvA format where templars must contend with multiple opponents.
    • Every comment I have seen questioned the wisdom of giving us boring and suboptimal jewelry sets that fail to expand competitive build possibilities
    • Heavy Lightning attacks do not damage 6 nearby enemies as it should according to the Tri-focus passive. Only the "shock pulse" does.
    • DK igneous weapons is overly cumbersome to use Vs. human opponents. As of last PTS it didn't need increase the effect of heavy channeled attacks. Please have your combat team look into this.
    • I still think the itemization set-bonuses are not balanced with respect to another. +spell/magic damage is too good. +health, +token resistance, +4% healing taken, and most 5 piece bonuses in the game are not competitive. More variety here and more bonuses to stuff like mobility, ultimate generation, and overall utility would be most welcome.
      Options
    • Cuyler
      Cuyler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ipsius wrote: »
      "General

No. Why would it?
      Thanks...i guess. Did you actually check it or are you extrapolating info from a patch note that only refers to the "maximum duration for detection potions"?
      Edited by Cuyler on August 18, 2015 7:55PM
      Options
    • Ipsius
      Ipsius
      ✭✭✭✭
      "General

No. Why would it?
      Thanks...i guess. Did you actually check it or are you extrapolating info from a patch note that only refers to the "maximum duration for detection potions"?

No potion effect with a duration other than 43 has ever limited the duration of other effects. The duration of the added effect is always linked to the separate effect.

If they changed it specifically for the detection effect so that it brings down any other effects in the potion, that would be... bizarre.
      Options
    • Hiero_Glyph
      Hiero_Glyph
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      "General

No. Why would it?

No potion effect with a duration other than 43 has ever limited the duration of other effects. The duration of the added effect is always linked to the separate effect.

If they changed it specifically for the detection effect so that it brings down any other effects in the potion, that would be... worth testing.

Fixed.

Options
    • TBois
      TBois
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can we please get Vamp and WW fully leveled for template characters on next PTS patch
      PC/NA
      T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
      An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
      Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
      Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
      Options
    • Ipsius
      Ipsius
      ✭✭✭✭
      "General

No. Why would it?

If they changed it specifically for the detection effect so that it brings down any other effects in the potion, that would be... worth testing.

Fixed.

I guess. Sorry if I was brusque. It just sometimes seems like people are actively looking for things to complain about, no matter how unlikely or how far you have to stretch a statement to make a negative assumption.

But then again, that's me making a negative assumption... Dangit!
      Options
    • Docmandu
      Docmandu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wonder if something should be done about the chickens that stand on their spawn and shoot arrows, it's silly seeing that on a PTS server.. imagine how it will be on live.
      Options
    • Cuyler
      Cuyler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      that would be... bizarre.

All relative m8. When you've been around here as long as I have you learn some things....like don't trust tooltips, nubs on the forums (edit: not you just in general ;) ), or what ZOS says is supposed to happen. #Goactuallytest I just don't have the time today unfortunately
      Edited by Cuyler on August 18, 2015 8:08PM
      Options
    • Ipsius
      Ipsius
      ✭✭✭✭
      that would be... bizarre.

All relative m8. When you've been around here as long as I have you learn some things....like don't trust tooltips, nubs on the forums, or what ZOS says is supposed to happen. #Goactuallytest I just don't have the time today unfortunately

Yes, tooltips are often wrong and effects sometimes don't do what you expect , but the statement said "Reduced the maximum duration (before passives) for detection potions..." when it should have said, "Reduced the maximum duration (before passives) for the detection effect in potions..."

Taking that to mean OMG WTF NERF to every effect in a potion because it has detection as part of it, contrary to how effects with different cooldowns have always worked in the game when combined in a potion, is kind of a stretch, or pessimism, or something. Whatever the case, the issue will be put to rest soon.
      Options
    • Cuyler
      Cuyler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Taking that to mean OMG WTF NERF to every effect in a potion because it has detection as part of it, contrary to how effects with different cooldowns have always worked in the game when combined in a potion, is kind of a stretch, or pessimism, or something.
      Woa slow down partner...hyperbole much? it was a simple question before I started getting trolled....step back...breathe and have a :cookie: Who's screaming OMG NERF you or me? lol
      QFC
      snip
      the question is...does this nerf also effect the major prophecy buff timer on the detection pot as well?
      Edited by Cuyler on August 18, 2015 8:20PM
      Options
    • ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager
      Soulac wrote: »
      Will we see a fix together with the final patch or rather much later?
      "Known Issue: Certain enchantment procs will still remove stealth from Shadow Cloak, even if they miss. This will be fixed in a future update."
      We're doing our best to get the rest of the changes in as soon as possible. :)
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Options
      Staff Post
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Those undaunted sets.....are pretty effin strong in pvp, and you need to do pve to get them, that makes so much sense...(not)

So much for hoping this game wouldnt be all about itemization. Its getting bad now imo.

PC EU
      PvP only
      Options
    • Ipsius
      Ipsius
      ✭✭✭✭
      Taking that to mean OMG WTF NERF to every effect in a potion because it has detection as part of it, contrary to how effects with different cooldowns have always worked in the game when combined in a potion, is kind of a stretch, or pessimism, or something.
      Woa slow down partner...hyperbole much? it was a simple question before I started getting trolled....step back...breathe and have a :cookie: Who's screaming OMG NERF you or me? lol
      QFC
      snip
      the question is...does this nerf also effect the major prophecy buff timer on the detection pot as well?

Tee hee. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'll go find some mats on the Pts and get a conclusive answer.
      Options
    • Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So...

Buffs to Nightblades and Sorcs as usual.

Options
    • Ipsius
      Ipsius
      ✭✭✭✭
      Nb is just making shadow cloak like it's supposed to have been since beta. Sorcs got some awesome stuff though. Crazy good
      Options
    • Rune_Relic
      Rune_Relic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That's some impressive fixes ZOS.
      Nice work.
      Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
      Options
    • Alcast
      Alcast
      Class Representative
      olsborg wrote: »
      Those undaunted sets.....are pretty effin strong in pvp, and you need to do pve to get them, that makes so much sense...(not)

So much for hoping this game wouldnt be all about itemization. Its getting bad now imo.

It always was about itemization...
      https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
      https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
      https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
    • aco5712
      aco5712
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      guess my 2x torug pact becomes 2x molag kena xD and the grind begins
      Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
      #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
      Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
      Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
      Youtube: CorESO
      DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
      Options