Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.1.2

• Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cuyler

I collected numerous alchemy materials and crafted potions with all alchemy skills (including increased duration passives) and "Star Dew", the v10 water readily available in Craglorn.

Corn Flower, Wormwood, Lady Smock:

-Detection +20 meters for 14.5 seconds
    -Major Sorcery for 44.2 seconds
    -Restore 7103 mp, Major Intellect for 44.2 seconds

For comparison, I also made a potion you can make on live (but with cloud mist instead of star dew):

Columbine, Bugloss, Namira's Rot:

-Unstoppable for 14.5 seconds
    -Restore 7840 HP, Major Fortitude for 44.2 seconds
    -Restore 7103 MP, Major Intellect for 44.2 seconds

The test concludes that the changes made to Detection do not treat potions any differently than they ever have been treated; that is, potions with multiple effects that have differing durations treat all durations and effects separately.
    Edited by Ipsius on August 18, 2015 9:15PM
    Options
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    well u did removed multiple munduses on pts... finaly something good ..lets hope other exploits are fixed aswell...
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Those undaunted sets.....are pretty effin strong in pvp, and you need to do pve to get them, that makes so much sense...(not)

So much for hoping this game wouldnt be all about itemization. Its getting bad now imo.

And Morag Tong is so weak sauce in PVE...

It would be nice if every set dropped everywhere and at every level, but it doesn't. Some good sets are in pvpland and some are in pveland and this is not new. It is annoying that monster sets are BoP, but how else are the going to get us running the dungeons over and over.

My Templar will at least be wearing the MK shoulder if the RNG gods are willing.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »
    "Storm Calling
    Expert Mage: This passive now grants 1/2% weapon damage per Sorcerer ability slotted in addition to its previous effects.

Mages Fury: This ability and its morphs can now critically hit.
    Thundering Presence: Fixed an issue where lower ranks of Thundering Presence were dealing too much additional damage during the initial bonus period. We also clarified the tooltip to indicate the bonus damage is in addition to the normal damage.

Daedric Summoning
    The Daedric Protection passive now grants 10/20% bonus stamina recovery in addition to its previous effects."

This is great! Now that sorcerers have a few passives that stamina users can actually make use of, maybe we can get some sorcerer abilities that stamina can make use of so those nice new passives don't go to waste ^_^

I'm not a stamina sorc but I'm happy for them too!( incidental bonus for magicka sorcs)

@ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom : Thank you ZOS for listening to player feedback and helping stamina sorcs. I appreciate that it's a tricky to balance adding options for stamina sorcs without reducing options for magicka sorcs(never mind balancing how those changes affect PVE /PVP!). I think these changes will benefit the class as a whole , and hopefully give players more opportunity to "play the way they want to":smile: A great step in the right direction!

*Hands out celebratory champagne to stamina sorcs *

Options
  • xANTIxMATTERx
    xANTIxMATTERx
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix whatever is wrong with Dawnbreaker of Smiting before this update goes live. Everything else looks good!
    Anti-Matter | Nightblade | AR 40 | Flawless Conqueror | Former Emperor x 2
    Anti-Psychotic | Stamplar | AR 25 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Matter | Stam DK | AR 18 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Gravity | Stam Sorcerer | AR 10 | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Freeze | Magicka DK | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-One | Magicka Sorc | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Matter | Magplar | Shehai Shatterer

Officer of Haxus | NA
    Member of The Order of Mundus | NA
    Former Member of Havoc, IR, Learn 2 Play and Crown Store Heros
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, all the crying Magicka Nb's got the 12 second detect potion's. Good thing magicka det is worse. 12 second's is not enough in my opinion.

I pretty much have to slot caltrop's now. :/
    So is the reactive Armour set / standard of might / bolstering darkness damage mitigation's working as intended? You only touched on some skill's like mist form/etc. Are they still additive or multiplicative.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 18, 2015 11:06PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Great, thanks! Hopefully we won't have to wait till next week for that fix....
    Unfortunately, that's exactly what it means. Sorry. :(
    Aw shame. Hopefully there's no character copy scheduled for next week then, otherwise all progress up until that quest will be lost anyway, and nobody will be able to test the final story quest or the dailies without starting over.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Jessicafolsom please go have a look at my thread "Orc Passives". There has been alot of testing done in a valid manner that shows the Swift Warrior passive isnt working consistently and does not apply to many "melee" attacks in the game.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2158962#Comment_2158962

My main issue is that it affects only certain class skills while skills such as Surprise Attack and Killers blade in the NB skill line are unaffected. Additionally DW skills have no rhyme or reason as to their bonus. For example Rapid Strikes shows no bonus but Blade Cloak does???

Duuk
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    No more racial passive changes? I know last time they didn't get added to the notes until later

Is this the last update before pts goes live?

The racial passives that are on the PTS now are what we plan to stick with for the Imperial City live game patch. We will, of course, continue to evaluate how they're doing and encourage your feedback.

Edited by Duukar on August 19, 2015 12:37AM
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 second's is not enough in my opinion.
    Why don't you just shout to remove Dark Cloak at all?
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »
    "Storm Calling
    Expert Mage: This passive now grants 1/2% weapon damage per Sorcerer ability slotted in addition to its previous effects.

Thundering Presence: Fixed an issue where lower ranks of Thundering Presence were dealing too much additional damage during the initial bonus period. We also clarified the tooltip to indicate the bonus damage is in addition to the normal damage.

Daedric Summoning
    The Daedric Protection passive now grants 10/20% bonus stamina recovery in addition to its previous effects."

This is great! Now that sorcerers have a few passives that stamina users can actually make use of, maybe we can get some sorcerer abilities that stamina can make use of so those nice new passives don't go to waste ^_^

I'm not a stamina sorc but I'm happy for them too!( incidental bonus for magicka sorcs)

@ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom : Thank you ZOS for listening to player feedback and helping stamina sorcs. I appreciate that it's a tricky to balance adding options for stamina sorcs without reducing options for magicka sorcs(never mind balancing how those changes affect PVE /PVP!). I think these changes will benefit the class as a whole , and hopefully give players more opportunity to "play the way they want to":smile: A great step in the right direction!

This is what they've managed with all the time and feedback since February. Yes, these passives are nice but with Thundering Presence being rather lack luster and the passives requiring a good number of class skills that stamina sorcs need to gimp themselves to do there is more progress that needs to be made. Its finally a step in the right direction, but there are still glaring flaws and whatever "surprise" Eric was teasing us with before that we haven't seen since.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipsius wrote: »
    Nb is just making shadow cloak like it's supposed to have been since beta. Sorcs got some awesome stuff though. Crazy good

The detect potion change is very bad for this game
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    "Storm Calling

Daedric Summoning

This is what they've managed with all the time and feedback since February. Yes, these passives are nice but with Thundering Presence being rather lack luster and the passives requiring a good number of class skills that stamina sorcs need to gimp themselves to do there is more progress that needs to be made. Its finally a step in the right direction, but there are still glaring flaws and whatever "surprise" Eric was teasing us with before that we haven't seen since.

You can't be serious as the stamina regen passive bonus is an insult to Stamina Sorcs and benefits Magicka Sorcs even more. Stamina Sorcs need proper Stamina morphs for skills (as you noted), not some afterthought fix that does little for them and even more for Magicka builds. I mean ZoS went through all of the trouble to remove the Wereolf bonus that everyone was using just for the 15% stamina regen and then goes and gives it to Sorcs with an added 5%. Yeah, talk about a bandaid fix for a much larger problem. While I agree that Stamina Sorcs definitely need to be improved, this is not the way to do it and it causes more harm than good due to Magicka Sorcs being even harder to run out of stamina now.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on August 19, 2015 2:16AM
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite thing out of all of that is...

"Several abilities which have damage, damage shield, or healing components that scale off each other will no longer be hit multiple times by Battle Spirit’s reductions"
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. Molag Kena is now a required set for... All builds.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Wow. Molag Kena is now a required set for... All builds.

Sadly yes,now if you wanna make or copy the "big name " builds it will be a must,that annoyed me about skoria.no one set should trump them all
    Options
  • coyteriarwb17_ESO
    So this update is basically a nerf sorcerer update? Shield breaker has made the sorcerers only defense useless. Really all sorcerers are capable of is dying? You've made a set specifically designed to kill sorcerers. STOP TRYING TO BALANCE THE GAME BECAUSE SORCERERS ARE ALWAYS GETTING THE SHORT END OF THE STICK.

You made a set bonus that can cancel sorcerer shields on top of that, youre making it so we can have one shield at a time and on top of that its critable? What about a set that detects stealthed players within an 100m radius? That's how drastic the sorcerer nerf is.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 19, 2015 3:34PM
    Options
  • coyteriarwb17_ESO
    Apologies about my previous posts. Apparently the critable shields is not happening and I've been looking everywhere for info on shield stacking but I'm starting to believe its a rumour everyone is believing.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Storm Calling

Daedric Summoning

You can't be serious as the stamina regen passive bonus is an insult to Stamina Sorcs and benefits Magicka Sorcs even more. Stamina Sorcs need proper Stamina morphs for skills (as you noted), not some afterthought fix that does little for them and even more for Magicka builds. I mean ZoS went through all of the trouble to remove the Wereolf bonus that everyone was using just for the 15% stamina regen and then goes and gives it to Sorcs with an added 5%. Yeah, talk about a bandaid fix for a much larger problem. While I agree that Stamina Sorcs definitely need to be improved, this is not the way to do it and it causes more harm than good due to Magicka Sorcs being even harder to run out of stamina now.

I said a step, its more than nothing but then again nothing isn't much. Until ZOS directly works on the problems plaguing the class any buffs will benefit the already decent to strong magic based builds more. I just hope whatever Eric 'has planned' will be good enough.
    Options
  • hackforjub17_ESO
    So this update is basically a nerf sorcerer update? Shield breaker has made the sorcerers only defense useless. Really all sorcerers are capable of is dying? You've made a set specifically designed to kill sorcerers. STOP TRYING TO BALANCE THE GAME BECAUSE SORCERERS ARE ALWAYS GETTING THE SHORT END OF THE STICK.

You made a set bonus that can cancel sorcerer shields on top of that, youre making it so we can have one shield at a time and on top of that its critable? What about a set that detects stealthed players within an 100m radius? That's how drastic the sorcerer nerf is.

Is this a troll post? A set already exists to counter stealthed players... It's called Sentinel's. It gives an extra 20 meters of detection (on top of your normal detection range and any potions / Radiant Mage Lights you have active) AND an extra 20% damage against those stealthed players.

And yet, very few people use it, and very few people will use this "anti-sorc" set after the dust settles.

...EVERYONE will be using Morag Kena's set now though. It was fine the way it was: a niche set for a niche build, that would mostly be used as a 1-piece.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 19, 2015 3:34PM
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Nirnhoned? I mean, it is the current end game item and this USED to be the CAPITAL CITY and CENTER of trade. It would make sense for it to be avail in Imperial CIty.[/quote]

Because of the rarity of Nirnhoned, chances are, all the daedra took it, or the owners stashed the nirnhoned items away... Who knows
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
    Options
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mages fury can crit! Praise the divines!
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies about my previous posts. Apparently the critable shields is not happening and I've been looking everywhere for info on shield stacking but I'm starting to believe its a rumour everyone is believing.

It might be a be a good idea to first read what is actually changed before you start raging about stuff that isn't even happening...
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    ok time to get my sorc ready. 40k dps over 2min no problemo now.

Buff Molag Kena wtf....just wtf....

Yea this set is freaking OP, its gonna be the new fotm set for pvp and you can only get it from pve, wich is a joke.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Ludof
    Ludof
    ✭✭✭
    "Storm Calling

Daedric Summoning

You are totally right.
    20% free stamina regen= infinite break free for magicka sorcs.
    If magicka sorcs can cast , they will keep on refreshing shields=it's almost impossibile to kill 1 vs 1.

Stamina Sorcs need other buff and Stamina Morph.

[EP-EU]
    [Cloud Chasers]
    Ludof - Dragonknight EP
    Ludo-Fly-High - Warden DC
    Irenilde Bantrel - Templar EP
    Edd Bastian - Sorcerer EP
    Lvdof - Templar EP
    Nadia Brown - Templar EP
    Ludof Shadowblade -Nightblade EP
    Lùdof- Templar DC
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    ok time to get my sorc ready. 40k dps over 2min no problemo now.

Buff Molag Kena wtf....just wtf....

Yea this set is freaking OP, its gonna be the new fotm set for pvp and you can only get it from pve, wich is a joke.

You lose potential dmg on the first rotation, so the overall dmg increase isn't that high.
    It's good for burst tho.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭

DKs reflect a maximum of 4 projectiles..its not limitless as you stated in one of your posts as well. It was nerfed a long time ago.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipsius wrote: »
    @Cuyler

I collected numerous alchemy materials and crafted potions with all alchemy skills (including increased duration passives) and "Star Dew", the v10 water readily available in Craglorn.

Corn Flower, Wormwood, Lady Smock:

-Detection +20 meters for 14.5 seconds
    -Major Sorcery for 44.2 seconds
    -Restore 7103 mp, Major Intellect for 44.2 seconds

For comparison, I also made a potion you can make on live (but with cloud mist instead of star dew):

Columbine, Bugloss, Namira's Rot:

-Unstoppable for 14.5 seconds
    -Restore 7840 HP, Major Fortitude for 44.2 seconds
    -Restore 7103 MP, Major Intellect for 44.2 seconds

The test concludes that the changes made to Detection do not treat potions any differently than they ever have been treated; that is, potions with multiple effects that have differing durations treat all durations and effects separately.

I'd give you an awesome and an insightful if I could :) Cheers
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • hackforjub17_ESO

You lose potential dmg on the first rotation, so the overall dmg increase isn't that high.
    It's good for burst tho.

This is sarcasm, right? Any halfway decent DPS is light weaving every ability. To sneak in one extra light attack will barely impact their overall DPS, but having an extra 656+ Weapon/ Spell Power will absolutely impact their DPS. 33% cost is NOTHING to any halfway decent DPS in PVE, and in PVP it's going to be god mode... And everyone will want it. We will see more of this Morag Kena than we ever saw of Valkyn.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the Patch notes for 2.1.0, you stated that:
    Reduced the cost of class stamina abilities by 20% so they are equivalent to weapon abilities.

We are up to 2.1.2 and the reduction on PTS continues to be about 2%, not 20%. Did someone miss a zero when making this change? The weapon lines have the cost reduction passives as acknowledgement that stamina is used for more than just skills. Adding it to stamina morphs makes sense, but I think there is a bug in the implementation.

Also, speaking of class skills,
    Repentance will also scale identically whether you have more Magicka or Stamina.

On PTS, it still scales only off max magicka.
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't pvped since 1.5, but didn't detect pots use to be very short duration anyway? I seem to remember having very little time to find NBs once they cloaked, like less than 10 seconds. Then they just got buffed up to the 45 seconds with all the other potions in 1.6.
    Options