The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

That's it for Templars?

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to make Sun Shield, Obsidian Shield not effected by the 50% shield reduction from battle spirit, or at the very least reduce that reduction to 25% on damage shields that scale from health.

Both of those shields are tiny unless you invest a ton in health, and investing everything into health has the trade off of not being able to kill anything that has a brain.

furthermore, they took away 50% of the damage Blazing Shield does with this nerf directly nerfing our core class ability and damage and directly nerfing magicka Templar;s who are already subpar to begin with in the DPS department compared to Sorcs, DK's and all other stamina builds.

Blazing shield on PTS is exactly how it is on live now. They unnerfed all the skills that were affected twice as much by the battle spirit thing. Soon as I fixed my fps stuttering issue on PTS today, I realized that templars are in a good spot right now, at least on the PTS. It feels nice :smiley:
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they just fixed that double nerf effect on it. Its explosion is non affected from battle spirit anymore but shield is still too tiny.
    But I agree templar dps is much better than live.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumped. Really guys were on page 2 of the PTS forums. Make more comments keep it critical and make suggestions.

Dear ZOS. Since you made blazing shield and its morphs scale off health and then nerfed it by 50% plus made it a deal damage every time it is re-casted based on the incoming damage. Its only good for AOE type damage. Please adjust the cost of this ability to under 1k magic so we can spam it over and over and over. Yes I am serious reduce the cost of this ability.

With 31k health the shield is roughly 5k pointless unless its dealing 5k AOE damage to everyone around me every second with no cost so it can be spammed against the DK's lava whip and the night blades whatever.

Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Cinbri on August 21, 2015 12:55PM
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could get the Mana recovery from Rune focus added to one of our passives instead, why don't we have a passive resource regeneration? Then add stamina and health recovery to Rune focus? I would love for some more stamina morphs too, Blazing shield stamina morph? Luminous shards stamina morph? Pretty please.

Also please remove the animation delay from Toppling charge and make it a stamina morph.

Also enduring rays should not lower dps, and it would be great if Eclipse did not become useless if the target is CC immune, and why can we only use it on 1 person? Why is reflective scales so much better...

Any tweaks are welcome really just stop nerfing us. Balancing should be done with buffs and small nerfs not this huge sweeping 50% nerf stuff. Everyone wants to be STRONGER not weaker every patch.
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    I wish we could get the Mana recovery from Rune focus added to one of our passives instead, why don't we have a passive resource regeneration?

We used to have the equivalent in beta (Restoring Spirit), then ZOS decided that Templars were too powerful and nerfed it before launch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1zwa6u/an_in_depth_look_at_the_restoring_spirit_nerf/

You could say that Templars have never recovered. I say you could, but ZOS won't.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield is junk now. activate 6 seconds of disappointment, reactivate 6 seconds of disappointment and so on. better to run absorb magicka or its sister morph than BS. I seen it used in a tank video but that's about it. I doubt it did any thing from what I seen due to its Decreased radius. I did not see it even connect in the video.
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also please add spell power to Balanced Warrior passive, it sucks that this passive is useless for Magicka Templars.

And more stamina morphs...for real...2 is like nothing.
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also please add spell power to Balanced Warrior passive, it sucks that this passive is useless for Magicka Templars.

And more stamina morphs...for real...2 is like nothing.

3*

Agreed on the spell damage boost, they gave Molag Kena spell damage, Sorc passive weapon damage, why not share the love for Templars?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about power of the light cause I never use it...I don't like the no critting part. Also can't it be purged? That's so dumb.
    Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about power of the light cause I never use it...I don't like the no critting part. Also can't it be purged? That's so dumb.

as far as I know it can crit and even if it doesnt thats a nice skill for pve boss fights
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
    Options
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    contact.opiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]

Nice troll bro'
    Edited by ZOS_MaryB on August 27, 2015 11:30AM
    Options
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx alot for the patch notes, Zenimax... Still nothing!
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭

as far as I know it can crit and even if it doesnt thats a nice skill for pve boss fights

I dont know why people say that it can crit.
    I have never seen it do critical damage above the cap in the tooltip - sometimes FTC does say it is a crit though, but it never does more damage than the cap. Has anyone else got more insight into this?

Although I am using it in my single target rotation, don't really like the skill as it only scales off of magicka. I would prefer if it scaled off of magicka and spell power to make it viable on builds that don't stack magicka (or stamina for the other morph).
    Edited by Kaliki on August 27, 2015 10:56AM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    It can crit, but it can NOT go over the limit, so the crit is 100% useless gg
    Edited by Alcast on August 27, 2015 11:31AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Thx for the clarification. Really wish it could truly crit though. Would be an awesome burst skill then.
    Its such a thin line between useless and powerful...
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Kaliki wrote: »

Thx for the clarification. Really wish it could truly crit though. Would be an awesome burst skill then.
    Its such a thin line between useless and powerful...

yep, if it could crit then it would be freaking awesomo.

Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And then you look at something like Velocious Curse which has a similar delayed damage mechanic and you wonder why Purifying Light has a damage requirement followed by a cap that can't even be critted over.

Actually we all know why....Templar.

Hey it looks like Sorcerers are going to have Encase fixed to actually be 6 meter width not the crappy 1 meter width it is currently bugged with. So they will have a pretty strong AoE root before Templars get any kind of AoE CC!

Why do we....oh wait yah...Templars.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You remind me of funny fact that i almost forgot:
    On long-forgotten 1.6 PTS crit was able to go over the limit.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Cinbri wrote: »

Really? Damn, never noticed that lol. Why did they change that :/
    Edited by Alcast on August 27, 2015 1:50PM

Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont know why people say that it can crit.
    I have never seen it do critical damage above the cap in the tooltip - sometimes FTC does say it is a crit though, but it never does more damage than the cap. Has anyone else got more insight into this?

Although I am using it in my single target rotation, don't really like the skill as it only scales off of magicka. I would prefer if it scaled off of magicka and spell power to make it viable on builds that don't stack magicka (or stamina for the other morph).

Maybe it just cant goover the cap damage so the crit is just usefull for situations where you dont reach the cap like in pvp or solo
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it just cant goover the cap damage so the crit is just usefull for situations where you dont reach the cap like in pvp or solo

Well, even solo one reaches the cap easily...
    Guess you are right with PvP though, if you can't hit your target well and if the target does not purge it then you might be able to do a bit of damage.
    Lots of "ifs".
    Options
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    contact.opiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a "fix", as every "fix" for templars it means "ninja nerf". Why ? Because Templar...
    Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭

Guess you are right with PvP though, if you can't hit your target well and if the target does not purge it then you might be able to do a bit of damage.
    Lots of "ifs".

Thats true mine has a cap around 18-19 k even as healer I reach that cap easily
    Well is it purgeable? Because shadow mantle does not remove it so it pulls all the nightblades out of stealth which is quite useful
    PC,EU, EP
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of "ifs".

Well is it purgeable? Because shadow mantle does not remove it so it pulls all the nightblades out of stealth which is quite useful

Cloak only removes "Damage over time" effects according to it's tooltips, unlike Templar Purge which is stated to remove "any negative effect"
    Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Lots of "ifs".

Cloak only removes "Damage over time" effects according to it's tooltips, unlike Templar Purge which is stated to remove "any negative effect"

True but I think I hears something about skills purifying ritual removes but purge doesnt maybe it is one of these. If thats the case only templars can remove it. Although I dont know if its true never tested it myself.

But if the enemy wants to purge it evrytime he will run out of magicka very soon because purge is expensive and power of light is basically for free
    PC,EU, EP
    Options
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

And then you look at something like Velocious Curse which has a similar delayed damage mechanic and you wonder why Purifying Light has a damage requirement followed by a cap that can't even be critted over.

Actually we all know why....Templar.

Hey it looks like Sorcerers are going to have Encase fixed to actually be 6 meter width not the crappy 1 meter width it is currently bugged with. So they will have a pretty strong AoE root before Templars get any kind of AoE CC!

Why do we....oh wait yah...Templars.

#justtemplarthings

Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Templars.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could get the Mana recovery from Rune focus added to one of our passives instead, why don't we have a passive resource regeneration?

We used to have the equivalent in beta (Restoring Spirit), then ZOS decided that Templars were too powerful and nerfed it before launch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1zwa6u/an_in_depth_look_at_the_restoring_spirit_nerf/

You could say that Templars have never recovered. I say you could, but ZOS won't.

Its really funny too because in the first PTS build they increased High Elf Magic regen passive to 12% then by the next patch to PTS they dropped it back to 9% can anyone explain this move? I'm just saying what was the point.

Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to post this hear because it will another nerf to Templars. Purifying light can not be purged. It will always hit the target and debuff them. No sorc can avoid it with ball lightning. No DK can flap flap and reflect it. It has a capped damage which is fine and frankly that's probably a good thing right. It is a ticking time bomb. It stacks or at least it appears to stack graphically. I have been on live for a few weeks now testing this and spamming it on targets. if I spam it 6 times on a target 1 second intervals the target will take 6 explosions when the timer runs out. Because the damage is capped you can essentially bomb them to death. It will only place one healing circle on the ground. They will not stack. This works well in group play as long as others are doing the damage. Someone with better math skills than I should actually test this out to make sure what I see graphically is actually causing damage.

This will certainly be nerfed if it is working like this.
    Options