The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

That's it for Templars?

• Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we didn't get nerfed! :D
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Well, we must see it in-game coz, ya know, ZOS loves ninja nerfes like Eclipse ninja-nerf in 2.1.
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Officially retiring my Templar for now. I've played through beta up till now, but there's just really no point anymore.

My level 18 Nightblade is already better in PvP than my VR 14 Templar ever was. My VR 5 Sorc destroys my Templar. Why swim against the stream when it's never going to change course?

Sad, but it will mean a lot less heartache.
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on August 12, 2015 8:59PM
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Officially retiring my Templar for now. I've played through beta up till now, but there's just really no point anymore.

My level 18 Nightblade is already better in PvP than my VR 14 Templar ever was. My VR 5 Sorc destroys my Templar. Why swim against the stream when it's never going to change course?

Same here buddy. I've played my Templar since beta and I'm also giving up. My nightblade I started a couple days ago will be VR1 by the end of the week.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't speak too soon.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw RD crit bug is not fixed...
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't speak too soon.

Most likely in next patches there will be nerfs, but this patch is good for templars, no butchered skills.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Btw RD crit bug is not fixed...
    Lol

Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Templars are strong, just need to play right
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not there yet. Templar performs good in this patch, not because they buffed it but they made the game more user friendly other than some buggy piece of ***. Nirn is fixed, and thankfully sharpened weapons will be fixed as well. Insta gib is less common, thus heals become more imprortant. But certain skills performs stupidly well than any other templar heals such as healing ward. Even after the fix that percentage bug on it, it will sill be powerful than BoL no doubt. So, nothing templar specific here.

This fact should not neutralise the fact that templar desperately needs better blazing shield and radiant aura plus an aoe cc. Since it usually sits in the hearth of the battle unlike mobile classes, it should be more defensive by default. And dks too.
    Edited by Soris on August 13, 2015 8:20AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I may focus on other classes for a while. While I don't mind the stam while blocking change, the simple fact is Templar is the one most effected by the change, I could adapt or just use any other class which can keep their resources going...path of least resistance and all that. Along with no response or action to any of the issues and recommendations I just don't see a burning desire to carry on when simpler options are available. Guess I am just getting lazy these days.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone done a side by side comparison of tool tips for the latest version of the PTS for Templars?

It looks like some Sorc change were left out of the patch notes... http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/206857/sorcerer-changes-that-were-not-mentioned-in-the-patchnotes

Edited by tinythinker on August 13, 2015 11:27AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    after test on pts ...bah...

You 'll use Magicka or stam ?

temp magicka - low heals , low damage ecc..ecc...(certainly more resistance/survivability than the stamina )
    temp Stam - ( i play templar stam in live over 1 year )and now oos oos oos oos oos ( over 2k stam regen in pts ) . Nerf roll dodge had to be done at NB , not all class ....
    On pts i try another class ... , NB is still competitive , nerf at the Sorc is negligible and Dk is still " strongh "

I think I will leave the game for a little time...

p.s

Sorry for my English :disappointed:
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on August 13, 2015 12:59PM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
    Options
  • Nallenil
    Nallenil
    ✭✭✭
    Purifying Light does crit, I can get up to 20k crits with it, just saying.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Nallenil wrote: »

uhh really? sweet baby jesus
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Ludof
    Ludof
    ✭✭✭
    Is that true or a joke??
    Can you post some screenshots?
    [EP-EU]
    [Cloud Chasers]
    Ludof - Dragonknight EP
    Ludo-Fly-High - Warden DC
    Irenilde Bantrel - Templar EP
    Edd Bastian - Sorcerer EP
    Lvdof - Templar EP
    Nadia Brown - Templar EP
    Ludof Shadowblade -Nightblade EP
    Lùdof- Templar DC
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some small buffs to fotm class? - sure
    Some ninja buffs to OP class? - sure
    Some buffs to weakest class? - sorry, this is L2P issue.
    Don't know where this came from but PL could crit since 1.6 already.

Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to publicly announce this.
    The best set for templars in the new update as of current is 5x v10 soul shine, while all the other spell dmg sets were nerfed, the 5th piece bonus of "grant x sp dmg while casting or channeling a spell" did not get a nerf.
    This set is OP for templars.
    Biting jabs & radiant destruction are both channels which permenantly increases spell dmg via the 5th bonus by a hefty amount. Testing showed burst of up to 45k dps.
    Have fun templars; you're welcome.

-a nb
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    The best set for templars in the new update as of current is 5x v10 soul shine, while all the other spell dmg sets were nerfed, the 5th piece bonus of "grant x sp dmg while casting or channeling a spell" did not get a nerf.
    Biting jabs & radiant destruction are both channels which permenantly increases spell dmg via the 5th bonus by a hefty amount. Testing showed burst of up to 45k dps.

-a nb

It wouldn't work for Stamplars though, would it? Do the stamina morphs of class abilities count as spells?

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • Supernovas
    Supernovas
    ✭✭

-a nb

it has already been announced, but thank you regardless.I was thinking about using this as heals too.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supernovas wrote: »

-a nb

it has already been announced, but thank you regardless.I was thinking about using this as heals too.

That's a little frustrating to hear as I told a very select few people over the past few weeks about this & ask them to keep quiet or at least give me credit for coming up with this when everyone laughed at me for mentioning a v10 set =/
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Supernovas
    Supernovas
    ✭✭

-a nb

That's a little frustrating to hear as I told a very select few people over the past few weeks about this & ask them to keep quiet or at least give me credit for coming up with this when everyone laughed at me for mentioning a v10 set =/

Hee hee well, I will just pretend that I herd it from you first ;)
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine could definitely be a fun set but I'd be curious to see how it compares to a vr16 setup. I'm sure we will fine out in September.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for only pve I guess. I've never see over 10k in pvp. Even 10k is stupidly hard to reach when solo since you need to do at least 30k damage in 6 seconds

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Supernovas
    Supernovas
    ✭✭
    Just for fun, a big <3 to all us sad templars out there.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

-a nb

Step 1 of keeping a secret is not doing what I have bolded above.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-a nb

It's no secret if even I've been using v10 Soulshine for quite some time ;)

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

-a nb

It's no secret if even I've been using v10 Soulshine for quite some time ;)
    I've used Soul Shine in the past (still have my set from last summer), but, I am not getting why a single 169 bonus to spell power is OP. Even if other sets get nerfed some, it seems like two spell damage bonuses from Light of Cyrodiil rings would match or beat it. Just how bad are other sets being toned down?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kaithuzar, @Supernovas, @Grunim:
    Are you just joking or are you serious that the additional 40-50 spell power on the 5 pc bonus of Soulshine over a normal VR14 set bonus gives Templars an advantage?

I was sure kaithuzar was just trolling when I read 45k burst dps for Templars, but with the others chiming in...

I still believe that it would be awesome if there were new sets offering bonuses while channeling and casting. If this is the way the devs want templars to be, it would be nice if we had sets to make use of our slow and sluggish skills.
    Edited by Kaliki on August 14, 2015 7:20AM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    @kaithuzar, @Supernovas, @Grunim:
    Are you just joking or are you serious that the additional 40-50 spell power on the 5 pc bonus of Soulshine over a normal VR14 set bonus gives Templars an advantage?

I was sure kaithuzar was just trolling when I read 45k burst dps for Templars, but with the others chiming in...

I still believe that it would be awesome if there were new sets offering bonuses while channeling and casting. If this is the way the devs want templars to be, it would be nice if we had sets to make use of our slow and sluggish skills.
    Maybe someone is trying to create a market for Soulshine pieces... :tongue:

Options