The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yes to VR16!

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    kinski_med.jpg

V42
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gipo wrote: »
    Lol. WoW and SWTOR do this every year.

and that's one of the reasons we aren't playing wow or swtor

Where did you ever get the impression that ESO would not be increasing Level Caps? Did you read something for GW2 and get the games confused? Lol. You are in the wrong place.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeon XP is getting increased by 100%

Keep in mind public dungeons as well as Craglorn and other group oriented zones had an xp nerf a while back, so this is almost bringing back to where it was before.... almost.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First news about a content update in a long time, and ZoS decisions are as disappointing as I remember.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on July 3, 2015 7:30PM
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Needs to be done if they aren't ready to remove Veteran Ranks completely.

V15-V16 for Imperial City
    V17-V18 for Orsinium

Hopefully, they can pull Veteran Ranks out sometime in the next few months, but honestly, I would rather see a number of other changes first. Until then, they can crank up the Veteran Rank temperature every so often. Keeps things lively in the forums. :smile:

Imperial City is the added content that was suppose to be in Cyrodiil shortly after launch.... there is no need to add 2 more VR levels for this content!!!1 NO need at all. Plus you would need pve content to justify an increase to everyone's levels.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear reset is good for the game. Period. For the economy, for giving top players something new to peruse, etc.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

1. XP needed for every VR rank reduced by 15%
    2. Quest XP increased by 50%
    3. Public Dungeons (Large group delves) Doubling XP
    4. Craglorn XP increased by 20%

It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)

Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

Sky is not falling.

They are making it about gear progression, ESO isn't actually a gear progression game. Most of the best builds use uncommon, but not hard to get sets to get the highest value. In my eyes ESO is a skill progression game, the further increase of levels is contrary to that. There is nothing that says adding new content necessarily has to involve a higher level cap, nor is there anything saying that new gear can't just be implemented at current max level. And let's face it, the trials gear is 95% trash, most of it has no real application and certainly doesn't warrant the difficult spent getting it. As for PvP "gear progression" it is absolutely asinine, it is effectively progression through spinning the RNG wheel of fortune for gear.. And for f**k sake the majority of the best gear is Bind-on-equip, further proving there is no actual gear progression. Just because other MMOs do gear progression this doesn't mean that ESO has to follow suit.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    @Isilin Who said VR16 is coming for Imperial City, do not assume dude, if yes then link plz. As I saw in ESO LIVE , all changes coming on 13 July with patch 2.0.14 and same day they will talk abt Imperial City . There is difference between release and sharing info.

From Gina on Reddit:

"We'll talk more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including the newly added benefits and vision behind doing so, very shortly when we start going into specifics about Imperial City later this month."

https://reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3bwwem/vr16_confirmed/csqjmef

"in the next MAJOR content update" That's Upadate 7, NOT 2.0.14 From ESO live today @ 48:30

twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/6855053

See? the sky ain't falling.

You are reacting like sky already fallen, plz watch twitch video again, She said we talk more about Imperial City, not rolling out Imperial city on 13th july..

I'm not saying anything about the new content going live on July 13... you are.

They haven't announced THAT date just the date when they will reveal the details of the IC. But if you listen to what they did say, all of the stuff they talked about in the ESO live is happening together with Update 7, NOT increasing the ranks to V16 "without any new content" which is what you have been ranting about.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Isilin Who said VR16 is coming for Imperial City, do not assume dude, if yes then link plz. As I saw in ESO LIVE , all changes coming on 13 July with patch 2.0.14 and same day they will talk abt Imperial City . There is difference between release and sharing info.

From Gina on Reddit:

"We'll talk more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including the newly added benefits and vision behind doing so, very shortly when we start going into specifics about Imperial City later this month."

https://reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3bwwem/vr16_confirmed/csqjmef

"in the next MAJOR content update" That's Upadate 7, NOT 2.0.14 From ESO live today @ 48:30

twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/6855053

See? the sky ain't falling.

You are reacting like sky already fallen, plz watch twitch video again, She said we talk more about Imperial City, not rolling out Imperial city on 13th july..

I'm not saying anything about the new content going live on July 13... you are.

They haven't announced THAT date just the date when they will reveal the details of the IC. But if you listen to what they did say, all of the stuff they talked about in the ESO live is happening together with Update 7, NOT increasing the ranks to V16 "without any new content" which is what you have been ranting about.

I'm always thankful for another voice of reason. Iselin you rock. And when posting on MMORPG.com you save me from having to make half of the comments I otherwise would!
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea that they are dropping v16 with new content. I don't see the issue with it.

Just one man's opinion :)

All the best :)
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear reset is good for the game. Period. For the economy, for giving top players something new to peruse, etc.

I trully udnerstand players, who sit on vr 14 or often few in BIS gear since few months without anything to do or strive for.

Could it be setteled by adding more gear variations, more crafting options (recrafting, upgrading items), jewlery crafting, customization instead of adding another vr ranks? I would love some vr 14 players to answer, although i completley udnerstand that the decission is final on Z. side.

But for me adding 2 more ranks is like building even higher on rotten foundations. In my opinion it will hurt the game and im not yet so unconcerend by the game itself to not post those messages even if just out of curiosity.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Alphashado wrote: »
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    Grimnaur wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.

That's how it works in all the other games. ESO was supposed be different.

And crafted gear was suppose to be the best in the game if I remember correctly?

They never really technically said that. What they said was that crafting will play an important role in the best gear. Meaning that alot of it drops in blue or purple and you have to be a crafter in order to upgrade it.

That being said, crafted gear is currently very close to the best gear in the game. Sets like Hundigs Rage and Seducer are still very very good.

Sorry but I call BS on you with proof they did say that.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/03/10/ask-us-anything-crafting
    How will crafted gear compare to dungeon loot and PvP rewards? I hope the crafting system won’t be there just to do something when you're bored, but that it will contribute to the economic health of the game.

Crafted gear of the same level and same quality as gear found in the world is almost always better.

Either way the crafted set bonuses and stats need a buff. The stuff found in world, pvp, dungeons and trails should all be mainly cosmetic, not as good slightly as crafted items and able to be crafted into better stats and bonuses...so master crafters can take the items from world, pvp, dungeons and trials and turn it into better gear for the crafting economy and entire game economy.

That's what they made it out to be from the beginning, never happened. Just like VR removal will NEVER happen. It's all talk and BS.

"Crafted gear of the same level and same quality as gear found in the world is almost always better. For instance, if you find a level 22 sword of fine quality, but your friend crafts a level 22 sword of fine quality, the damage done by the crafted sword is going to be slightly better. However, some of the gear you find in the world will have unique enchantments or set bonuses crafters cannot replicate. Still, a crafter might be able to take that dropped item and make it even better while retaining the unique enchantment."

"Almost" being the key word here. They never said that all crafted gear would be better than all dropped gear. So I call BS on your BS. The above quote is taken directly from the link you provided, and says exactly what I said.

I will say it again. There are crafted pieces that are very good and still used in endgame regularly like Hundig's and Seducer. Plus Morag Tong, Healers Habbit, etc still require a crafter in order to upgrade them to Legendary. Also exactly what I said.
    Edited by Alphashado on July 3, 2015 9:55PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why they are doing this for what 3 new vet dungeons, or is it 2? New zones, meh. Why they need gear scaling before there is any new challenging trials content is beyond me. I understand why the cap needs to go up when they want to introduce a new trials, but for non-competitive PVE what is the point? People want a way to grind to vr14 from vr10, why not just make orsimer or whatever it is called vr11-14 and then people can bypass grindlorn.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS raises the cap when there is no new content and wont be for another six months in order to keep people around.
    I've done every quest, all but 3 last trials. I've maxed all crafting skills. Fishing puts me to sleep. So what else is there?
    This time last year I loved the game, 8 hours daily minimum. It was awesome. Now I may check in once or twice a week.
    I've been doing the provision daily once in a while, but that's not playing.

I see the pure notion of a raise, after saying deletion for so long, as a last ditch effort to keep numbers up before this fall when stuff should release. I also see this grasp at straws as a good sign that things are not going as plan and we will not see anything new until next year.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS raises the cap when there is no new content and wont be for another six months in order to keep people around.
    I've done every quest, all but 3 last trials. I've maxed all crafting skills. Fishing puts me to sleep. So what else is there?
    This time last year I loved the game, 8 hours daily minimum. It was awesome. Now I may check in once or twice a week.

I see the pure notion of a raise, after saying deletion for so long, as a last ditch effort to keep numbers up before this fall when stuff should release. I also see this grasp at straws as a good sign that things are not going as plan and we will not see anything new until next year.

New VR will be in game along with IC so there will be new content with new lvls
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS is going for the leveling road they should just give high lvl crafters the option to upgrade

It is funny, game genres like FPS(s), RPG(s), MOBA(s) and others don't have that kind of gear resets. Even GW2 is purely cosmetic based, and some of those are doing just fine without laying down any extra artificial time barrier.

The only people who will enjoy the extra 2VR lvls are those who are addicted to the idea they permanently need a goal to work toward and can't just enjoy a game for its core element : Gameplay.

You guys want more progression and more gear, but by increasing the VR Cap, you are decreasing, yet again, viable gear variety because every previous gear now underleveled by those changes is render completely useless.

Those extra 2VR levels won't change anything for people still leveling their characters since the exp curve is lower overall and exp gained increased in some areas. It will only affect those currently at VR14 who invested time and effort to min/max a character by investing time in both PvE and PvP to create a full set of legendaries.

We will get extra new content too, but also some extra unecessary busywork (which is not part of the fun).

If you like chasing the holy carrot, its your right to do so, but do not discredit everyone else who doesn't like to do so. Most gamers have matured. They now have a work, a family and play casualy. Those players would like to play the way they want instead of feeling forced to repeat the same old content over and over to reach their personnal goal...
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on July 4, 2015 8:33AM
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why they are doing this for what 3 new vet dungeons, or is it 2? New zones, meh. Why they need gear scaling before there is any new challenging trials content is beyond me. I understand why the cap needs to go up when they want to introduce a new trials, but for non-competitive PVE what is the point? People want a way to grind to vr14 from vr10, why not just make orsimer or whatever it is called vr11-14 and then people can bypass grindlorn.

" Why they need gear scaling" Gear scaling and the lack of gear scaling for some classes after 1.6 is what has caused some of the itemization issues. They didn't want to make changes to the existing gear in game and *** people off or devaluate the existing items. Their solution to solving this problem was to bump us up to VR16 which allows them fix some of the itemization issues (by adding in new gear sets) that are currently going on in the game.

I agree with you, if you are not VR14 or if you are doing non-competitive PVE (Meaning no group dungeons with others where they may need to carry you because your gear is holding you back.) then these changes may not matter to you.
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of complaining from people about 'wasted materials' in their gear, but in many MMOs, gear is outdated the moment a new DLC is released. Perhaps with ESO being out so long (PC speaking), the 'veterans' have gotten complacent because they haven't received a DLC and understood that gear progression is one aspect of most expansive MMO DLCs. In DCUO, it was all about the gear grind, gear is what leveled us, so every DLC meant your old gear was outdated and had to be replaced. This meant all the money or mats you spent in mods were gone- unless you used a complete recovery kits. But the point is, I don't understand how anyone would believe that any gear set is permanent when DLCs typically mean 'progression' in all things, including gear.

Even if they removed VR ranks, there would still be progression in each DLC, including gear progression. So don't think when VR is removed, that gear progression suddenly will end.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New VR will be in game along with IC so there will be new content with new lvls

OK, I thought the raise was coming before content release in September.

I still don't get why though?
    Does Christopher Walken work there?
    "Needs more veteran levels".
    "We are going to get rid of the veteran system, by adding more veteran system."
    "I got a fever, and the only cure, is more veteran system".
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on July 4, 2015 9:20AM
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)

Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

Sky is not falling.

Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.

What I fail to understand is this:

If you can produce 2 new vet ranks and gear to go with it, why can you not scale everything down to level 50, scale the players back to level 50 and then give us new gear that is (get ready for it!) level 50.

You are happy to use the sledge hammer to nerf (might as well have said 'remove') xp from Craglorn/delve/dungeon kills but then you pussyfoot around with the vet ranks. It is silly. It is inefficient and frustrating because you are forcing us toward another artificial goal that you have stated that you will remove. This is different from other 'theme park' games because they keep their extra levels.

Save us this hassle of re-gearing to vet 16 and then re-scaling to 50.

Just get on with it and bash us down to 50. First.

Calculator.

stats / level * 50

there. done. (the sledge hammer way).
    Edited by Frawr on July 4, 2015 10:58AM
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im so glad they are adding more lvls.

This could mean that when they come to actually removing VR, they wont nerf everyone to lvl 50 setting people back for like months of progress but we might actually see more lvls, maybe even up to 80 regular lvls.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh goody. More grindy grind to play main and alts THAT IS IN THE END GOING TO BE REMOVED....WTF?

This is getting beyond stupid.

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Oh goody. More grindy grind to play main and alts THAT IS IN THE END GOING TO BE REMOVED....WTF?

This is getting beyond stupid.

Actually all those, who scream in extasy that they will have a chance to grind new gear (which in most cases be exactly the same gear but 2 ranks higher) simply dont belive that vr ranks will be ever removed. And frankly speaking i loose hope for that too. I think those of us who still be playing will see vr 20 in game.

Can you imagine all those rage threads when removing v. ranks will be announced?

"Its because all that crybabies want everything for free!"
    "Damn kiddies with that participation trophy mentality!
    "I demand 300 cp for all the time i put to get there"
    "How about giving us crowns for all the gold gear we are loosing?"

Yeah, i really doubt vr ranks will be removed, Z. just dont know how to spill it out.
  • Proteus1
    Proteus1
    ✭✭
    Lol. WoW and SWTOR do this every year.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems very different than what WoW does.

When WoW releases an expansion, there's a progression reset of sorts. The new quests and dungeons in the new expansion zone will offer gear that is on par with raid gear from the previous tier. The new raids have lock-out timers, so the elite progression guilds can only progress through the new content at a fixed rate. So, if you are far behind the bleeding edge progression people, you have a chance to be on a more even field for a time when an expansion drops. PvP also gets a reset with new arena seasons and new PvP gear

This sort of format gives average people the potential to catch up a bit and not just fall further and further behind the folks who play the game like it's a job. It also gives newer hardcore players the ability to catch up and submit apps to elite raiding/pvp guilds.

This reset is a big draw for people and I think it's a big part of what has made players continually come back to WoW for a decade. If there is no progression reset feature, most people would just eventually be so far behind the people at the top that there would literally be no way to catch up.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the champion point system combined with increasing VR levels does the exact opposite of what WoW does. It makes it even more difficult for people to catch up. This isn't going to bring people back to the game, in fact it will probably deter them. I understand that veteran leveling will be faster now, but that still doesn't offer any sort of reset.

I'm not complaining here; I've played this game very casually since release and I'm not at all invested in its future. I couldn't care less if you are VR 200. I just wanted to point out that this is really nothing like what other MMOs do with their expansions.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight. You guys want to stay the same level forever. Same gear forever. Do the same dungeons forever. Really? Ive been dying for something new to do I cannot wait for the new VR ranks. Honestly sounds like a bunch of spoiled children in here to me. Luckily the forums represent the minority.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Becoming lethargic about this issue.

Frankly, I spend probably five times as much time on these forums than in the game itself anyway.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »

Frankly, I spend probably five times as much time on these forums than in the game itself anyway.

Maybe youd enjoy the game better if you actually played it...
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »

Maybe youd enjoy the game better if you actually played it...

At least for me, it has become too repetitive, especially playing Cadwell's silver. So I switch over to my arsenal of SP games for a while, then play a little bit of ESO or SWTOR ... then come here.

Coming here to post is just more fun.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »

Sky is not falling.

Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.

What I fail to understand is this:

If you can produce 2 new vet ranks and gear to go with it, why can you not scale everything down to level 50, scale the players back to level 50 and then give us new gear that is (get ready for it!) level 50.

You are happy to use the sledge hammer to nerf (might as well have said 'remove') xp from Craglorn/delve/dungeon kills but then you pussyfoot around with the vet ranks. It is silly. It is inefficient and frustrating because you are forcing us toward another artificial goal that you have stated that you will remove. This is different from other 'theme park' games because they keep their extra levels.

Save us this hassle of re-gearing to vet 16 and then re-scaling to 50.

Just get on with it and bash us down to 50. First.

Calculator.

stats / level * 50

there. done. (the sledge hammer way).

I think that what you are missing here is that they have said clearly that even when Veteran Levels are removed, gear will still be tiered.

Think of it in terms of other games such as SWTOR or WoW. One set of gear might have a rating of 150 and the next tier has a rating of 165 and the values on the armor / weapons is higher. From my understanding this has always been intended. Currently the "gear value" is tied to the VR Ranks. When they remove the VR Ranks, they will assign a score or link to a champion rank, or some such mechanic in order to be able to use it. Or they may put the availability behind a content wall such as higher tier gear only drops from dungeons on x difficulty, and in order to complete it you may have to have gear just below this.

Tiered gear and gear progression are a planned part of the game, even if the VR levels are not.This is why they have chosen to release new content and new gear with the current Vet rank system instead of first re-doing the full itemization as it will take months to complete.

Better to release content now with a new vet tier of gear (raise the level cap) and let us enjoy this while they work on the re-itemization and removal of veteran ranks.