The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Yes to VR16!

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two choices:

1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.

Here is the thing though> We are talking about content that was "nearly finished" over a year ago. Remember, people on guild summit were able to see how ti works. So in my opinion you are just rationalizing the arguable to say the least descision of Z.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think.
    If they tracked our xp like they said they could,
    Some of us could hit v32 as soon as it happened.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimnaur wrote: »
    Troneon wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.
    Exactly, and there are so many already out on the MMO market. ESO had a chance to stand out from the crowd and provide something relatively unique, but alas they've fallen far short in this instance.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

1. XP needed for every VR rank reduced by 15%
    2. Quest XP increased by 50%
    3. Public Dungeons (Large group delves) Doubling XP
    4. Craglorn XP increased by 20%

It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)

Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

Sky is not falling.

Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it. They nerf the living b jebbus out of everything. Starve us for content for a year.
    Then right before raising the cap and releasing new stuff, they double everything?
    Won't that just make us Starve again, since we hit max so quickly?

Wouldn't it be better to make it take longer, giving everyone something to do untill the next drop, six months latter vs. Every single person hit max rank then stand around complaining, like we have for the last eight months?

I know I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on July 3, 2015 1:16AM
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we need a "Maybe to V16" thread. Cover all bases.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Two choices:

1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.
    3. Add new content without increasing the level cap.

Maybe there's a good reason why it couldn't be done, I don't know, I'm not an insightful person. Someone please explain.

One reason being, unlike Skyrim that is single player, MMOs have a heavy emphasis on level. It is a part of progression. Another reason being gold. New gear can be a gold sink.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)

Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

Sky is not falling.

Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.

You guys can spin it however you want, but how in the world did you think this would go over given how your playerbase feels about vet levels and how long you've left the current structure in place for XP? You guys finally admitted that the Craglorn XP nerfs were dumb, and yet what you hot-patched in one Saturday morning you leave in place for months until the next major update to undo what you broke? Can you see why players have zero faith in ZOS?

If you guys already made the decision to go with v16 there's nothing we can say or do that will change your minds. You guys USED to react to overwhelming player feedback and shift what was planned to address concerns, but that's something you seem to have abandoned after the first three months of the game (can you sense the implied guilt trip here? :smile: ).

As an aside, what genius planned this particular info drop right when you guys are heading off for the holiday weekend? The forums are going to reach some pretty impressive levels of venom over the next few days. For the most part I've learned to not get too upset about the awful decisions you guys make, because otherwise I'd need to quit the game or take up therapy. I've just reached a point where I try to step back and laugh at the train wreck, so I guess thanks for lining one up perfectly for me - this should blow up in your faces exquisitely.

Have a happy Monday guys! lulz.
    Edited by Zheg on July 3, 2015 1:45AM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to VR increase! Also anyone have a like to a streamer for todays eso live? I was at work and missed it unfortunately :p
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so if there is a 15% reduced XP cost to achieve each VR level, does that mean all current VR14's will automatically be scaled to VR16...?

i.e. 14,000,000 XP to get to VR14... 1,000,000 per VR Level. If that's reduced by 15% it's 850,000 per level then.

14,000,000 / 850,000 = 16.47 <-- So this would actually mean you have more XP than achieving VR16 would require?
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    so if there is a 15% reduced XP cost to achieve each VR level, does that mean all current VR14's will automatically be scaled to VR16...?

i.e. 14,000,000 XP to get to VR14... 1,000,000 per VR Level. If that's reduced by 15% it's 850,000 per level then.

14,000,000 / 850,000 = 16.47 <-- So this would actually mean you have more XP than achieving VR16 would require?

Ofc not are you new around here? Its Z. for you. And yes its official statement on Reddit.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sky is not falling.

vrgapineso.jpg
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

Ofc not are you new around here? Its Z. for you. And yes its official statement on Reddit.

once again in English? that sentence was more shaky than Michael J Fox playing "Operation".

PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • ZigaZuzek
    ZigaZuzek
    ✭✭✭
    No to Veteran Ranks! 1-50 is enough.
    Guilds:„„„„„ ● Hodor ● The Wabbajack ●
    Main: Vraan - EP, Nord, Dragonknight DD/Tank
    Alts: Saves-Many-Lives (EP, Argonian, Templar Healer), Nevos Salvani (EP, Dunmer, Sorcerer DD), Al-Jabbar (EP, Redguard, Templar DD), Do'Purr (EP, Khajit, Nightblade DD), Smargroth (AD, Altmer, Sorcerer DD)

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

once again in English? that sentence was more shaky than Michael J Fox playing "Operation".

Thou shall act not as a fool but shall look through Zenimax mortal coil. Alas my friend no vr 16 for you. As Elders scribed - "grind grind my child, its a mere 1.7 thousand of thousands of experience".

Thats the best i can do. Sorry.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thou shall act not as a fool but shall look through Zenimax mortal coil. Alas my friend no vr 16 for you. As Elders scribed - "grind grind my child, its a mere 1.7 thousand of thousands of experience".

Thats the best i can do. Sorry.

muchas gracias amigo

PC / NA - 1500 CP

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Needs to be done if they aren't ready to remove Veteran Ranks completely.

V15-V16 for Imperial City
    V17-V18 for Orsinium

Hopefully, they can pull Veteran Ranks out sometime in the next few months, but honestly, I would rather see a number of other changes first. Until then, they can crank up the Veteran Rank temperature every so often. Keeps things lively in the forums. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on July 3, 2015 3:25AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Orsinum will scale. Imperial city needs to be a little different however. Especially if everyone is scaled up for PVP.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wonder how this will affect current end-game. Trial gear, aside from the SO stam set and a few other jewelry sets, is completely useless. If trials are not buffed to VR16, they are pretty much killing off all current end-game. VDSA can be looked at the same way. Why run it over and over again for a rare V14 master weapon when I'll be able to craft a V16 weapon that is just as good or better?
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to say that after hearing all of the details, I am ok with it. It was initially disheartening news, but all the xp buffs lighten the blow some. I want to believe they still intend to restructure the current format. Time will tell I guess.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping trials are tweaked to VR16 and drop that level gear, and Vet Dungeons will scale. Though the thought of doing VR14 VetDSA as a VR16 is appealing. ;)
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    I just wonder how this will affect current end-game. Trial gear, aside from the SO stam set and a few other jewelry sets, is completely useless. If trials are not buffed to VR16, they are pretty much killing off all current end-game. VDSA can be looked at the same way. Why run it over and over again for a rare V14 master weapon when I'll be able to craft a V16 weapon that is just as good or better?

got a funny feeling the best gear in the next patch will be crafted 10 trait. he mentioned new itemisation being the counterplay to shield stacking another trait has been mentioned before and also they want to buff high level crafting.
    so my money would be on a shield pen trait and some desirable 10 trait gear.
    so v14 masters will have a place untill folks can make 10 trait stuff.
    i could be way off base though
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. While they are at it raise it by two every three months or so.
    I have never played a MMO that was so slow to keep things progressing.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    Yes please. While they are at it raise it by two every three months or so.
    I have never played a MMO that was so slow to keep things progressing.

Lol. Why don't we just keep it at once a year for bit. Lol. Okay, maybe twice. More to achieve.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong but according to my quick and dirty calculations, it currently takes 13,000,000 XP to go from VR1 to VR14. With the 15% XP needed reduction it will now take 12,750,000 to go from V1 to V16... almost the same as currently going V1-V14.

The interesting part to me that I haven't seen answered is if we'll get credit for all current earned XP applied to the new VR levels. IF so, anyone who is currently V13 3/4 and up should be an instant V16.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You will be VR 14 and you will have to earn 1.7 mil xp. Which is about 4.25 champion points. But all quests will give 50% more xp all the way up so someone starting after the increase in cap will level faster doing the same content than we did originally.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. You will be VR 14 and you will have to earn 1.7 mil xp. Which is about 4.25 champion points. But all quests will give 50% more xp all the way up so someone starting after the increase in cap will level faster doing the same content than we did originally.
    You sure? Was that officially said in the ESO live? (I didn't watch the whole thing)
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    You sure? Was that officially said in the ESO live? (I didn't watch the whole thing)

its how it was before with the other updates so i'd agree its a safe bet
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent they already worked months on the removal, it was meant to be in 1.6 already. I dont know what you VR-lovers want to achieve with this. CP is million time better, it doesnt cause separation in playerbase, and faster queues etc.
    Edited by Sausage on July 3, 2015 4:21AM