The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Yes to VR16!

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    vampiresnumero2small.jpg

Blade would fold him/her in half without effort. >:)

sif !

chainsawWire.jpg

Edited by OzJohnD on July 3, 2015 5:32AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Sausage wrote: »
    Havent they already worked months on the removal, it was meant to be in 1.6 already. I dont know what you VR-lovers want to achieve with this. CP is million time better, it doesnt cause separation in playerbase, and faster queues etc.

And I've been saying here for months that I was detecting a softening on their removal. Methinks they wanted to see how the other 400% (i.e. console players) felt about VR before pulling the trigger.

And yes, I have it on good authority that already 4X as many players play on consoles as PC/Mac.. it's a hit, folks and grats to ZOS..

Many PC players are long term players. Console players are quitters.

Ty for that

2516636-3150233916-24301.jpg
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could have added those extra things, without adding two VRs to grind through, which just further increases the disparity and imbalance in PVP, while also making many people lose a lot of money on their gear.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    They could have added those extra things, without adding two VRs to grind through, which just further increases the disparity and imbalance in PVP, while also making many people lose a lot of money on their gear.

Yeah I can understand that. My new motto for ESO; "Purple it, don't gold it"
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Itemisation has always been a terrible joke in this game.

The saving grace for this game has always been the combat, the really well done quests, the atmosphere and feel of the game as well as the great people that inhabit the game.

I couldn't care less what they have to do to fix itemisation, I just want it fixed. If people care about having a fulfilling MMO experience that makes sense to even be considered an MMO then they should know better than to complain.

Crafted gear is hideously strong, gear acquisition incentive is ridiculous, Undaunted gear merely distracted people for a time until the tragic RNG made individuals like myself not even login until itemisation was addressed, which should be next ESO Live.

BoP Tank gear which doesn't improve resistances, BoE tank gear which does improve resistances, absolute inefficient tragic joke.

Over 16 months and season gear is finally being introduced to combat the complete and utter lack of class quests as well as zero role quests which grant role gear. Apparently we should expect many item sets which complement specific roles.

But that's not all folks; expect all these item sets to be Breton style because it is the first letter in the alphabet which appears so in order to save time, they simply choose the first racial motif for gear, just like Warlock, just like Undaunted and many, many more.

Sad that people care more about complaining about "hurr durr muh immershun! Muh vetowan renks!" instead of the joke of a U.I, the elephant in the room which has been itemisation and stuff which actually matters like unique gear being placed in the Crown Store and not in the game world for likely 6 months minimum in order to drive sales due to unique gear only being able to be acquired from the Crown Store exclusively, for a time, possibly even permanently exclusive to Crown Store, who knows!

Nedic, Ashlander gear are two examples - the Ashlander medium set in-game? The heat is Breton style but everything else is Ashlander, seriously? Why? To improve monetisation?

And so many people are irritated by this "controversial" Veteran Rank addition, which is a dank meme in and of itself.

as BOP is bull excrements anyway who cares.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• delushin
    delushin
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just became useless and the amount of time they put into them?.

As this game grows expect each new addon or expansion to make your cap set crap. Carrying old cloths into new content would be boring, there would be no need to get out there and fight for the new stuff.

New content should mean new things to strive to make and invest in and new set items to build or raid for!

DO IT ZOS!

<3
    Raven Guard - PS4 [PvE/PvP] NA Server - Daggerfall Convenant
    #1 AUS/NZ Guild - http://ravenguardclan.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/delushin
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many people complaining lol. Take a breather and enjoy the game or quit? If you didn't think today's ESO live was fantastic news all around, you clearly have your head stuck in the sand. Good day to you. I SAID GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I got a dollar every time someone complained about something on this game, well I'd be pretty rich by now. I wish the complainers would realize if they are not forced to play the game, if they don't like it they can just go play another game.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I got a dollar every time someone complained about something on this game, well I'd be pretty rich by now. I wish the complainers would realize if they are not forced to play the game, if they don't like it they can just go play another game.

The game would still be a subscription if everyone who bought the game was happy with it.

It's B2P now.

connect the dots.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK guys you heard him. Everyone that's complaining about the game, leave now.

b87K4XG.gif[\img]
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people complaining lol. Take a breather and enjoy the game or quit? If you didn't think today's ESO live was fantastic news all around, you clearly have your head stuck in the sand. Good day to you. I SAID GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!

Thank you good sir and good day to you too. Just remember - last one turns off the lights.
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    When u reached at VR14 and attained Trail then you realise what low level armor and gear means to you. You cant beat bosses of HRC/SO with your level 50 bow and with 1k DPS.
    I know that but I don't do trials or pledges, I was preparing gold mats and materials for max level armor and after VR9 I was going to create and get new gear, it's just that PvE content in Cadwell's Silver and Gold is easy enough I don't need to worry about getting top end gear, but then again I am not a min/max player, I just play for fun and if it upsets some elitist, I don't care.

The fun ends when you repeat same content again and again over 1 year.
    Then go find a new game? I mean nobody forces you to play ESO and make 8 characters and level them all to VR14 and get them all the best Trial gear.

I am here since beta, nobody can tell me quit or go. I bought this game, supported game, spend hundreds of days So I have right to express my opinion what is right or wrong for me.

Dude you started ESO a month ago and telling people to leave, can u plz stop telling people to leave. We played this game when subscription was $15/month and we know what we get after B2P. 1st spend a year on ESO and I guarantee you will start raging on ZOS like others.

We play ESO cause we love this game, doesn't mean we remain silent if ZOS force something to us.

On B2P announce ZOS said "We listen fans so removed subscription" but mejority were agains B2P. Same things happening now, Majority are against VR16 without playable content. Try to understand feeling of fans who spend year on this ESO.
    Edited by GamerzElite on July 3, 2015 9:40AM
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When u reached at VR14 and attained Trail then you realise what low level armor and gear means to you. You cant beat bosses of HRC/SO with your level 50 bow and with 1k DPS.
    I know that but I don't do trials or pledges, I was preparing gold mats and materials for max level armor and after VR9 I was going to create and get new gear, it's just that PvE content in Cadwell's Silver and Gold is easy enough I don't need to worry about getting top end gear, but then again I am not a min/max player, I just play for fun and if it upsets some elitist, I don't care.

The fun ends when you repeat same content again and again over 1 year.
    Then go find a new game? I mean nobody forces you to play ESO and make 8 characters and level them all to VR14 and get them all the best Trial gear.

I am here since beta, nobody can tell me quit or go. I bought this game, supported game, spend hundreds of days So I have right to express my opinion what is right or wrong for me.

Dude you started ESO a month ago and telling people to leave, can u plz stop telling people to leave. We played this game when subscription was $15/month and we know what we get after B2P. 1st spend a year on ESO and I guarantee you will start raging on ZOS like others.

We play ESO cause we love this game, doesn't mean we remain silent if ZOS force something to us.

On B2P announce ZOS said "We listen fans so removed subscription" but mejority were agains B2P. Same things happening now, Majority are against VR16 without playable content. Try to understand feeling of fans who spend year on this ESO.

Well I've been here since beta too but I don't use it as a badge to try to prop-up silly statements like "without playable content." What part of these changes are coming with the Imperial City are you having a hard time understanding?

Do you know something about the IC being empty of content the rest of us don't know about?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im really disappointed they lie to us, maybe they wanted to show thers more people working on the game than there actually is.

If VR ranks stay, it means all scaled content become garbage. Vet Dungeons are already bad if theres lets say 2 vr 14 and its scaled to VR4. More VRs they add more scaled content we get, even Trials in the future.
    Edited by Sausage on July 3, 2015 9:50AM
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    @Isilin Who said VR16 is coming for Imperial City, do not assume dude, if yes then link plz. As I saw in ESO LIVE , all changes coming on 13 July with patch 2.0.14 and same day they will talk abt Imperial City . There is difference between release and sharing info.
    Edited by GamerzElite on July 3, 2015 9:58AM
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Im really disappointed they lie to us, maybe they wanted to show thers more people working on the game than there actually is.

If VR ranks stay, it means all scaled content become garbage. Vet Dungeons are already bad if theres lets say 2 vr 14 and its scaled to VR4. More VRs they add more scaled content we get, even Trials in the future.

erm group with ppl around your level how do you expect scaling to work?
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i cant agree on this OP for basically raised lvl cap should be done with a new expansion then im ok with but i would not call Imperial City a expansion it is more like content update which we on PC have wait for more then 6 month+ to get.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people complaining about replacing armour?

Last level upgrade I got to disenchant 20 odd yellows, this time it will be 50 odd.

About time I got some space freed up on my mules

This type of game is about progression both character and equipment. Preferably character, but whatever, it’s easier to release new levels of equipment than new levels of character.

From what I hear the kiddies screaming on the forums, they don’t want to spend time levelling between 50 and 64 and when they get to 64, they don’t want any future changes.

Yet they still scream for "new content"

If they got their way then they would be very board facing new content that (assuming new content is harder than the previous stuff) they can’t complete.

Anyway, I despise the WoW "epics" system of gear advancement; it splits the community down the middle between those that have access to it, and those that can never get hold of it.

It then makes an even bigger divide between PvP and PvE players, with PvE players having both better gear (and in ESO) more Champion points. Making the person who prefers PvE over PvP FAR more powerful in the PvP environment vs long time PvP fanatics who don’t like killing computer controlled mobs and brought this game on the back of the PvP expectations.

Already we face players who are so tricked out in Champ Points they may as well have a semi-emperor title

A fantastic future awaits ESO if it listens to the kids who, once they get their way, will get bored and disappear to the next L33t game that comes out, leaving those who played for over a year in a husk of a game.......
    Edited by Tors on July 3, 2015 10:17AM
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »
    From what I hear the kiddies screaming on the forums, they don’t want to spend time levelling between 50 and 64 and when they get to 64, they don’t want any future changes.

Well thing that VR is not normal lvls otherwise it would say lvl 51 and so on when ding after lvl 50 thing is that lvl form VR 1 to 14 take longer time then lvl from 1 to 50 and what most people dont want to do is work the butt off get 2 new VR just to make into to a new content for fact is that Imperial City is a content update not a expansion and this content have we been wait from over 6 months ++ to get on PC and think people would be more happy with new VR lvl if was a expansion we got not a content update.

It is big different between content update and expansion for expansion you get total new story and other thing like new class or new class ability, new crafting and so on. But content well it is just new content nothing else changes in game.

Good example of new expansion is the new one that is come to SWTOR that is call "Knights of the Fallen Empire" the add so much new thing to that game so that is real expansion and not content update.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Tors wrote: »

Well thing that VR is not normal lvls otherwise it would say lvl 51 and so on when ding after lvl 50 thing is that lvl form VR 1 to 14 take longer time then lvl from 1 to 50 and what most people dont want to do is work the butt off get 2 new VR just to make into to a new content for fact is that Imperial City is a content update not a expansion and this content have we been wait from over 6 months ++ to get on PC and think people would be more happy with new VR lvl if was a expansion we got not a content update.

It is big different between content update and expansion for expansion you get total new story and other thing like new class or new class ability, new crafting and so on. But content well it is just new content nothing else changes in game.

Good example of new expansion is the new one that is come to SWTOR that is call "Knights of the Fallen Empire" the add so much new thing to that game so that is real expansion and not content update.

pretty sure the content is not gonna be gated to v16.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Isilin Who said VR16 is coming for Imperial City, do not assume dude, if yes then link plz. As I saw in ESO LIVE , all changes coming on 13 July with patch 2.0.14 and same day they will talk abt Imperial City . There is difference between release and sharing info.

From Gina on Reddit:

"We'll talk more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including the newly added benefits and vision behind doing so, very shortly when we start going into specifics about Imperial City later this month."

https://reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3bwwem/vr16_confirmed/csqjmef

"in the next MAJOR content update" That's Upadate 7, NOT 2.0.14 From ESO live today @ 48:30

twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/6855053

See? the sky ain't falling.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Two choices:

1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.

Here is the thing though> We are talking about content that was "nearly finished" over a year ago. Remember, people on guild summit were able to see how ti works. So in my opinion you are just rationalizing the arguable to say the least descision of Z.

No you mean content that was completely changed by adding new animations, itemization, and new systems.You know stuff that players demand for but probably was not getting in the build they had last year. So you know you have to change because you keep changing the systems to please gamers but than you realize this content does not match what we have live. So we redo the build so that it correlate with what we want for the future. I mean it been a year right nothing could possibly be changed in that time period and what if it takes time to change it because we are trying to fix problems on pc and mac, launch on consoles, fix problems on consoles, and trying to make sure this future content do not just break the game.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two choices:

1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.

Honestly, you sound like a kid who's defending Santa Claus' legitimacy. Sorry to tell you it's all a lie bro. If ZOS wanted the benefit of the doubt that they were doing this solely for content, that they were still going to remove VR levels, then they should've been forthcoming. Don't lie to your community repeatedly and then still think they'll have a shred of trust or faith left in you. ZOS dug their own grave and they continue to do so. They change their minds like a girl changes clothes.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Two choices:

Honestly, you sound like a kid who's defending Santa Claus' legitimacy. Sorry to tell you it's all a lie bro. If ZOS wanted the benefit of the doubt that they were doing this solely for content, that they were still going to remove VR levels, then they should've been forthcoming. Don't lie to your community repeatedly and then still think they'll have a shred of trust or faith left in you. ZOS dug their own grave and they continue to do so. They change their minds like a girl changes clothes.

explain how them still removing vet ranks is changing their mind?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Two choices:

Here is the thing though> We are talking about content that was "nearly finished" over a year ago. Remember, people on guild summit were able to see how ti works. So in my opinion you are just rationalizing the arguable to say the least descision of Z.

No you mean content that was completely changed by adding new animations, itemization, and new systems.You know stuff that players demand for but probably was not getting in the build they had last year. So you know you have to change because you keep changing the systems to please gamers but than you realize this content does not match what we have live. So we redo the build so that it correlate with what we want for the future. I mean it been a year right nothing could possibly be changed in that time period and what if it takes time to change it because we are trying to fix problems on pc and mac, launch on consoles, fix problems on consoles, and trying to make sure this future content do not just break the game.

I think you need to read the post i was answering to again. IC was finished in its base long time ago. Any additional changes cannot excuse the amount of time for it to be released. Are we talking about 3 guys sitting in garage or multi milion dollar company?
    Edited by sadownik on July 3, 2015 12:38PM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Two choices:

Lol, are you sure they will? Stage 3/4 right? Willing to bet your fortune on it?
    No you're right. He flies through the air all over the world in one night, delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls. As long as you're asleep.

Simple thought process here: I'll believe it when I see it. Can't take them on their word anymore.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

1. XP needed for every VR rank reduced by 15%
    2. Quest XP increased by 50%
    3. Public Dungeons (Large group delves) Doubling XP
    4. Craglorn XP increased by 20%

It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)

Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

Sky is not falling.

Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.

You guys can spin it however you want, but how in the world did you think this would go over given how your playerbase feels about vet levels and how long you've left the current structure in place for XP? You guys finally admitted that the Craglorn XP nerfs were dumb, and yet what you hot-patched in one Saturday morning you leave in place for months until the next major update to undo what you broke? Can you see why players have zero faith in ZOS?

If you guys already made the decision to go with v16 there's nothing we can say or do that will change your minds. You guys USED to react to overwhelming player feedback and shift what was planned to address concerns, but that's something you seem to have abandoned after the first three months of the game (can you sense the implied guilt trip here? :smile: ).

As an aside, what genius planned this particular info drop right when you guys are heading off for the holiday weekend? The forums are going to reach some pretty impressive levels of venom over the next few days. For the most part I've learned to not get too upset about the awful decisions you guys make, because otherwise I'd need to quit the game or take up therapy. I've just reached a point where I try to step back and laugh at the train wreck, so I guess thanks for lining one up perfectly for me - this should blow up in your faces exquisitely.

Have a happy Monday guys! lulz.

Zheg. So much yes.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Two choices:

Lol, are you sure they will? Stage 3/4 right? Willing to bet your fortune on it?
    No you're right. He flies through the air all over the world in one night, delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls. As long as you're asleep.

Simple thought process here: I'll believe it when I see it. Can't take them on their word anymore.

would have saved you a lot of time just to admit you cant.
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

1. XP needed for every VR rank reduced by 15%
    2. Quest XP increased by 50%
    3. Public Dungeons (Large group delves) Doubling XP
    4. Craglorn XP increased by 20%

It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)

Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

Sky is not falling.

Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.
    So what happened to the veteran rank removal? This sounds like ZOS is going the wrong way towards that goal.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind about increasing to VR16.