Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Yes to VR16!

  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Tors wrote: »
    From what I hear the kiddies screaming on the forums, they don’t want to spend time levelling between 50 and 64 and when they get to 64, they don’t want any future changes.

    Well thing that VR is not normal lvls otherwise it would say lvl 51 and so on when ding after lvl 50 thing is that lvl form VR 1 to 14 take longer time then lvl from 1 to 50 and what most people dont want to do is work the butt off get 2 new VR just to make into to a new content for fact is that Imperial City is a content update not a expansion and this content have we been wait from over 6 months ++ to get on PC and think people would be more happy with new VR lvl if was a expansion we got not a content update.

    It is big different between content update and expansion for expansion you get total new story and other thing like new class or new class ability, new crafting and so on. But content well it is just new content nothing else changes in game.

    Good example of new expansion is the new one that is come to SWTOR that is call "Knights of the Fallen Empire" the add so much new thing to that game so that is real expansion and not content update.

    pretty sure the content is not gonna be gated to v16.

    And i take you have not see late ESO Live where that say that got to add 2 more VR lvl
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Isilin Who said VR16 is coming for Imperial City, do not assume dude, if yes then link plz. As I saw in ESO LIVE , all changes coming on 13 July with patch 2.0.14 and same day they will talk abt Imperial City . There is difference between release and sharing info.

    Now here we found the problem. The GamerElite does not know, how to listen. I am not surprised at all...

    Next content update is the date for VR15 and VR16. Get your facts straight befor you start a god damn riot!!!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Gipo
    Gipo
    ✭✭
    Lol. WoW and SWTOR do this every year.

    and that's one of the reasons we aren't playing wow or swtor
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gipo wrote: »
    Lol. WoW and SWTOR do this every year.

    and that's one of the reasons we aren't playing wow or swtor

    Spot on.
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    lathbury wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Two choices:

    1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

    I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.

    Honestly, you sound like a kid who's defending Santa Claus' legitimacy. Sorry to tell you it's all a lie bro. If ZOS wanted the benefit of the doubt that they were doing this solely for content, that they were still going to remove VR levels, then they should've been forthcoming. Don't lie to your community repeatedly and then still think they'll have a shred of trust or faith left in you. ZOS dug their own grave and they continue to do so. They change their minds like a girl changes clothes.

    explain how them still removing vet ranks is changing their mind?

    Lol, are you sure they will? Stage 3/4 right? Willing to bet your fortune on it?
    No you're right. He flies through the air all over the world in one night, delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls. As long as you're asleep.

    Simple thought process here: I'll believe it when I see it. Can't take them on their word anymore.

    You didn't trust them befor, else you would not take a: "we are changing thinks, but not now" into a "we changed our plans of removing the vetrangs". Come one Jules. Is that all you have got?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    lathbury wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Two choices:

    1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

    I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.

    Honestly, you sound like a kid who's defending Santa Claus' legitimacy. Sorry to tell you it's all a lie bro. If ZOS wanted the benefit of the doubt that they were doing this solely for content, that they were still going to remove VR levels, then they should've been forthcoming. Don't lie to your community repeatedly and then still think they'll have a shred of trust or faith left in you. ZOS dug their own grave and they continue to do so. They change their minds like a girl changes clothes.

    explain how them still removing vet ranks is changing their mind?

    Lol, are you sure they will? Stage 3/4 right? Willing to bet your fortune on it?
    No you're right. He flies through the air all over the world in one night, delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls. As long as you're asleep.

    Simple thought process here: I'll believe it when I see it. Can't take them on their word anymore.

    would have saved you a lot of time just to admit you cant.

    Kk ZOS white knight. I see logic escapes you so I won't continue to waste my time.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

    IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu



    Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »


    Kk ZOS white knight. I see logic escapes you so I won't continue to waste my time.

    You made up a world where "not now" means "never" and you insinuate him a lack of logic. Do you even remotely understand what you are doing? I have to doubt that sadly.

    Edited by SorataArisugawa on July 3, 2015 1:40PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jules wrote: »


    Kk ZOS white knight. I see logic escapes you so I won't continue to waste my time.

    You made up a world where "not now" means "never" and you insinuate him a lack of logic. Do you even remotely understand what you are doing? I have to doubt that sadly.

    Lol. I can't get enough of this. "Not Now" might as well mean never when you look at ZOS' tarnished history with their someday plans and flip floppy visions. They have straight lied to, deceived, and disappointed their player base on multiple occasions. To base your hopeful ramblings off of their *totally sound and pure word* is fundamentally illogical, yes. You want to continue to be blind, so be it.
    Edited by Jules on July 3, 2015 1:47PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

    IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu



    Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »


    Kk ZOS white knight. I see logic escapes you so I won't continue to waste my time.

    You made up a world where "not now" means "never" and you insinuate him a lack of logic. Do you even remotely understand what you are doing? I have to doubt that sadly.

    Lol. I can't get enough of this. "Not Now" might as well mean never when you look at ZOS' tarnished history with their someday plans and flip floppy visions. They have straight lied to, deceived, and disappointed their player base on multiple occasions. To base your hopeful ramblings off of their *totally sound and pure word* is fundamentally illogical, yes. You want to continue to be blind, so be it.

    Lets see:
    Promised switching from vet XP to normal XP - done
    Promised intruduction of Champion Points - done
    Promised removing of the Vetrangs - not done yet

    2 out of 3. So they did what they promised so far. The last point isn't denied. Just because it happen not fast enough (what they never promised, you know) you accuse them of lying. You making a fool out of your self...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

    1. XP needed for every VR rank reduced by 15%
    2. Quest XP increased by 50%
    3. Public Dungeons (Large group delves) Doubling XP
    4. Craglorn XP increased by 20%

    It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

    At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)


    Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

    Sky is not falling.

    Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.

    Maybe you should have considered doing this at the same time as announcing it, rather than attempting to justify it after announcing... That way it at least looks like you are doing this for a valid reason, rather than it looking like you are attempting to rectify a *** up.

    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »


    Kk ZOS white knight. I see logic escapes you so I won't continue to waste my time.

    You made up a world where "not now" means "never" and you insinuate him a lack of logic. Do you even remotely understand what you are doing? I have to doubt that sadly.

    Lol. I can't get enough of this. "Not Now" might as well mean never when you look at ZOS' tarnished history with their someday plans and flip floppy visions. They have straight lied to, deceived, and disappointed their player base on multiple occasions. To base your hopeful ramblings off of their *totally sound and pure word* is fundamentally illogical, yes. You want to continue to be blind, so be it.

    Lets see:
    Promised switching from vet XP to normal XP - done
    Promised intruduction of Champion Points - done
    Promised removing of the Vetrangs - not done yet

    2 out of 3. So they did what they promised so far. The last point isn't denied. Just because it happen not fast enough (what they never promised, you know) you accuse them of lying. You making a fool out of your self...

    What an arbitrary list to say 2/3 of. lol. Look, I can do that too!

    Other things they said:
    That v14 was the last level cap.
    That the game would be subscription model.
    That imperial city was coming.

    Get some.
    Edited by Jules on July 3, 2015 2:12PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

    IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu



    Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha I'm a white knight guess you never checked my post history
    Jules wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »


    Kk ZOS white knight. I see logic escapes you so I won't continue to waste my time.

    You made up a world where "not now" means "never" and you insinuate him a lack of logic. Do you even remotely understand what you are doing? I have to doubt that sadly.

    Lol. I can't get enough of this. "Not Now" might as well mean never when you look at ZOS' tarnished history with their someday plans and flip floppy visions. They have straight lied to, deceived, and disappointed their player base on multiple occasions. To base your hopeful ramblings off of their *totally sound and pure word* is fundamentally illogical, yes. You want to continue to be blind, so be it.

    Lets see:
    Promised switching from vet XP to normal XP - done
    Promised intruduction of Champion Points - done
    Promised removing of the Vetrangs - not done yet

    2 out of 3. So they did what they promised so far. The last point isn't denied. Just because it happen not fast enough (what they never promised, you know) you accuse them of lying. You making a fool out of your self...

    What an arbitrary list to say 2/3 of. lol. Look, I can do that too!

    Other things they said:
    That v14 was the last level cap.
    That the game would be subscription model.
    That imperial city was coming.

    Get some.

    they never said v14 was the last one
    it was a sub model
    imp city is coming

    this is fun moar list plz
    Edited by lathbury on July 3, 2015 2:37PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

    1. XP needed for every VR rank reduced by 15%
    2. Quest XP increased by 50%
    3. Public Dungeons (Large group delves) Doubling XP
    4. Craglorn XP increased by 20%

    It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

    At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)


    Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

    Sky is not falling.

    Thanks for sharing some of the specific details from today's show, @Elijah_Crow. To clarify, the Veteran Rank increase is planned to roll out with the release of Imperial City. In the coming weeks, we will be talking more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including vision behind the decision and the newly added benefits that go along with it.

    You guys can spin it however you want, but how in the world did you think this would go over given how your playerbase feels about vet levels and how long you've left the current structure in place for XP? You guys finally admitted that the Craglorn XP nerfs were dumb, and yet what you hot-patched in one Saturday morning you leave in place for months until the next major update to undo what you broke? Can you see why players have zero faith in ZOS?

    If you guys already made the decision to go with v16 there's nothing we can say or do that will change your minds. You guys USED to react to overwhelming player feedback and shift what was planned to address concerns, but that's something you seem to have abandoned after the first three months of the game (can you sense the implied guilt trip here? :smile: ).

    As an aside, what genius planned this particular info drop right when you guys are heading off for the holiday weekend? The forums are going to reach some pretty impressive levels of venom over the next few days. For the most part I've learned to not get too upset about the awful decisions you guys make, because otherwise I'd need to quit the game or take up therapy. I've just reached a point where I try to step back and laugh at the train wreck, so I guess thanks for lining one up perfectly for me - this should blow up in your faces exquisitely.

    Have a happy Monday guys! lulz.

    Do you not remember the CP fiasco where someone sneaked in ESO live... dropped a bombshell and legged it ?
    And let the forum members destroy themselves over the weekend.

    Well this is round two.... enjoy ;)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who has access to the privet channels in a trade guild and has seen the math going on will tell you people are excited about VR16 coming out lol With all the different XP boosts, enlightenment plus XP pots, easier to get XP and reduced XP needed for VR ranks crafters are talking about being VR16 in 2.5 - 5 hours lol

    I'm not quite sure what to think, people hate change even when they know it's needed and even when they were the ones that asked for it people still hate change.

    See you all at VR16 (^_^)

    Edited by Deathztalker on July 3, 2015 2:58PM
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still v8. Not sure I care anymore.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know what I'm gonna do. See if the new sets are any good and hopefully craft them. Then craft some runes for them. All using the mats we've been saving up. Okay I'm being a jerk here but is it really that bad guys. Half the people complaining about the cost will have these sets on day 1. Then what? You won't be able to buy that other thing you've had your eye on. Is this everyone's first mmo. If you think gear progression is moving fast here, never try another title, you will cry.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naysayers, get over it. Enjoy the more things to do before you get bored and quit.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    I just want to point out that many of these changes do NOT make up for the raise.

    +50% to quest xp? Okay but what about for the people who've already completed Cadwell's Gold and Silver? You're not going to retroactively reward that xp are you?
    You can't honestly expect to get retroactively compensated for every change made in an MMO. They are in a constant state of flux and change. It's just the nature of the beast. The idea isn't to compensate existing characters anyways, but rather to make it less painful for new characters trying to reach the cap.

    Arato wrote: »
    +100% to public dungeon xp? Great if you haven't already done all of them but if you have done all of them do you really expect people to just go in and grind mobs in them?
    Same thing applies here. It's meant for new characters to progress faster. That being said, yes, many people will appreciate this as an alternative way to grind/earn CP/XP

    Arato wrote: »
    -15% to xp needed to gain a VR, again, for people who've already done a lot of content and gotten up a lot of VR's unless you're going to retroactively adjust their VR to account for the new xp requirements, they've done more content and gotten less for it.
    Same thing here. The main complaint about vet ranks and increasing the number of vet ranks is the increasingly large gap between level 1 and the cap. The idea is to make it less daunting for alternate characters and new players to reach a level cap that keeps getting farther and farther away from level 1

    Believe me, I agree that they need to restructure the Vet Ranks into a more typical format, and I also agree that it's disheartening to see that delayed yet again. But the above changes do soften the blow quite a bit in my opinion.

    Edited by Alphashado on July 3, 2015 3:39PM
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    As most people just really struggle with their gear being so expensive, the best option to solve the biggest frustration for me is give more acces to legendary materials. It's way too rare and expensive. If you keep your lvl cap, it should be rare and expensive.

    But this is the second time, so many people 'wasted' their legendary materials in less than a year, and who knows how many more times to come? You nerfed the drop rate for legendary mats, buff it again because at this rate no one will ever use their legendary materials anymore. Now it feels like using legendary materials is a waste and a bad choice to do so, which results in everyone storing the mats but not using it. It should be a good (and useful) choice to use. Not at the point where eventually you lose more than you gain.

    This is actually my biggest concern about the lvl increase, because of which I 'wasted' 100+ legendary materials worth a fortune (and thus time).
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I'm still v8. Not sure I care anymore.

    Buck up! You're half way there. :smile:

    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimnaur wrote: »
    Troneon wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

    Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

    Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.

    That's how it works in all the other games. ESO was supposed be different.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    Grimnaur wrote: »
    Troneon wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

    Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

    Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.

    That's how it works in all the other games. ESO was supposed be different.

    And crafted gear was suppose to be the best in the game if I remember correctly?
    Edited by Troneon on July 3, 2015 5:29PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    Grimnaur wrote: »
    Troneon wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

    Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

    Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.

    That's how it works in all the other games. ESO was supposed be different.

    And crafted gear was suppose to be the best in the game if I remember correctly?

    They never really technically said that. What they said was that crafting will play an important role in the best gear. Meaning that alot of it drops in blue or purple and you have to be a crafter in order to upgrade it.

    That being said, crafted gear is currently very close to the best gear in the game. Sets like Hundigs Rage and Seducer are still very very good.

    Edited by Alphashado on July 3, 2015 5:32PM
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Tors wrote: »
    From what I hear the kiddies screaming on the forums, they don’t want to spend time levelling between 50 and 64 and when they get to 64, they don’t want any future changes.

    Well thing that VR is not normal lvls otherwise it would say lvl 51 and so on when ding after lvl 50 thing is that lvl form VR 1 to 14 take longer time then lvl from 1 to 50 and what most people dont want to do is work the butt off get 2 new VR just to make into to a new content for fact is that Imperial City is a content update not a expansion and this content have we been wait from over 6 months ++ to get on PC and think people would be more happy with new VR lvl if was a expansion we got not a content update.

    It is big different between content update and expansion for expansion you get total new story and other thing like new class or new class ability, new crafting and so on. But content well it is just new content nothing else changes in game.

    Good example of new expansion is the new one that is come to SWTOR that is call "Knights of the Fallen Empire" the add so much new thing to that game so that is real expansion and not content update.

    pretty sure the content is not gonna be gated to v16.

    Players making groups will gate it to VR16. Basically the same thing. Especially if you're a tank. Nobody wants to take a tank that isn't level capped with full legendary gear.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »
    Troneon wrote: »
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    Grimnaur wrote: »
    Troneon wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

    Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

    Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.

    That's how it works in all the other games. ESO was supposed be different.

    And crafted gear was suppose to be the best in the game if I remember correctly?

    They never really technically said that. What they said was that crafting will play an important role in the best gear. Meaning that alot of it drops in blue or purple and you have to be a crafter in order to upgrade it.

    That being said, crafted gear is currently very close to the best gear in the game. Sets like Hundigs Rage and Seducer are still very very good.

    Sorry but I call BS on you with proof they did say that.

    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/03/10/ask-us-anything-crafting
    How will crafted gear compare to dungeon loot and PvP rewards? I hope the crafting system won’t be there just to do something when you're bored, but that it will contribute to the economic health of the game.

    Crafted gear of the same level and same quality as gear found in the world is almost always better.

    Either way the crafted set bonuses and stats need a buff. The stuff found in world, pvp, dungeons and trails should all be mainly cosmetic, not as good slightly as crafted items and able to be crafted into better stats and bonuses...so master crafters can take the items from world, pvp, dungeons and trials and turn it into better gear for the crafting economy and entire game economy.

    That's what they made it out to be from the beginning, never happened. Just like VR removal will NEVER happen. It's all talk and BS.
    Edited by Troneon on July 3, 2015 5:54PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »


    Kk ZOS white knight. I see logic escapes you so I won't continue to waste my time.

    You made up a world where "not now" means "never" and you insinuate him a lack of logic. Do you even remotely understand what you are doing? I have to doubt that sadly.

    Lol. I can't get enough of this. "Not Now" might as well mean never when you look at ZOS' tarnished history with their someday plans and flip floppy visions. They have straight lied to, deceived, and disappointed their player base on multiple occasions. To base your hopeful ramblings off of their *totally sound and pure word* is fundamentally illogical, yes. You want to continue to be blind, so be it.

    Lets see:
    Promised switching from vet XP to normal XP - done
    Promised intruduction of Champion Points - done
    Promised removing of the Vetrangs - not done yet

    2 out of 3. So they did what they promised so far. The last point isn't denied. Just because it happen not fast enough (what they never promised, you know) you accuse them of lying. You making a fool out of your self...

    When you say you're going to do something, you don't do the exact opposite just because you aren't ready to do what you said you're going to do yet. Especially if it's going to make doing what you said you're going to do harder. The more VR's they add the more people are invested into the VR system, the more people will object to VR's being removed.

    IMO, ZOS is actually trying to reinforce VR's to the point where they finally admit it's impossible and a majority of their REMAINING players prefer VR's, then they won't remove them.

    I guess if ZOS is comfortable with keeping the servers open for a few tens of thousands of people who still play that's their choice. I guess those few tens of thousands will have to really spend a lot on crowns for $30 horses to keep the game going.

    But a lot of people will have already left by then, they just don't find endless vertical progression and gear grind fun, otherwise they'd still be playing World of Warcraft.
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    @Isilin Who said VR16 is coming for Imperial City, do not assume dude, if yes then link plz. As I saw in ESO LIVE , all changes coming on 13 July with patch 2.0.14 and same day they will talk abt Imperial City . There is difference between release and sharing info.

    From Gina on Reddit:

    "We'll talk more about the the Veteran Rank increase, including the newly added benefits and vision behind doing so, very shortly when we start going into specifics about Imperial City later this month."

    https://reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3bwwem/vr16_confirmed/csqjmef

    "in the next MAJOR content update" That's Upadate 7, NOT 2.0.14 From ESO live today @ 48:30

    twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/6855053

    See? the sky ain't falling.

    You are reacting like sky already fallen, plz watch twitch video again, She said we talk more about Imperial City, not rolling out Imperial city on 13th july..
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »
    Arato wrote: »
    I just want to point out that many of these changes do NOT make up for the raise.

    +50% to quest xp? Okay but what about for the people who've already completed Cadwell's Gold and Silver? You're not going to retroactively reward that xp are you?
    You can't honestly expect to get retroactively compensated for every change made in an MMO. They are in a constant state of flux and change. It's just the nature of the beast. The idea isn't to compensate existing characters anyways, but rather to make it less painful for new characters trying to reach the cap.

    Arato wrote: »
    +100% to public dungeon xp? Great if you haven't already done all of them but if you have done all of them do you really expect people to just go in and grind mobs in them?
    Same thing applies here. It's meant for new characters to progress faster. That being said, yes, many people will appreciate this as an alternative way to grind/earn CP/XP

    Arato wrote: »
    -15% to xp needed to gain a VR, again, for people who've already done a lot of content and gotten up a lot of VR's unless you're going to retroactively adjust their VR to account for the new xp requirements, they've done more content and gotten less for it.
    Same thing here. The main complaint about vet ranks and increasing the number of vet ranks is the increasingly large gap between level 1 and the cap. The idea is to make it less daunting for alternate characters and new players to reach a level cap that keeps getting farther and farther away from level 1

    Believe me, I agree that they need to restructure the Vet Ranks into a more typical format, and I also agree that it's disheartening to see that delayed yet again. But the above changes do soften the blow quite a bit in my opinion.

    But for people at VR14, or actually, anyone above VR10 or 11, they'll have exhausted the quests, and be stuck with daily repeatable grinding.

    It's good for new players just reaching VR1, as Cadwell's silver/gold will probably get them to VR16 without grinding repatables or aoe grinding mobs.

    But for people who've already completed that content?

    They just get screwed over.

    my highest is VR13.

    I had to go from VR11 to VR13 purely through Cyrodiil repeatable quests.. WHEN my alliance was doing well enough to make them available to me WHEN they weren't gank heavens, usually in the middle of the night when the activity was low.

    It's a pain in the ass and isn't even remotely fun, and the repetition of the same quests over and over makes it even worse.

    Now I'm going to have to do 3 more ranks of that, or just stop playing my main.

    Or just stop playing, I already told ZOS what I thought about their beating around the bush with my wallet.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level increases a part of mmo life, I just roll with it.. :)
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on July 3, 2015 6:00PM
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level increases a part of mmo life, I just roll with it.. :)

    No other MMO raises the cap without adding enough PVE content to account for it.
Sign In or Register to comment.