Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - NO SHOWCASE OF NEW CONTENT THIS FRIDAY'S ESO LIVE ?

• GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also get 10% reduced research times, 10% extra inspiration, and 1,500 crowns for each month.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot complain about how long it is taking for the promised new content to appear.

BECAUSE I STOPPED PAYING A MONTHLY FEE.

I'd love to see new content because most of what the original poster said is true but then again, I choose NOT to subscribe monthly because I see no value in it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter what they announce tonight. It could be a release date next week for 10 new zones, 6 new different PvP scenarios, duelling, cross-alliance adventuring, text chat for consoles, and an improved trading system, all to be offered with free lifetime access and still people would find stuff to complain about.
    Edited by Tandor on July 2, 2015 4:02PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what they announce tonight. It could be a release date next week for 10 new zones, 6 new different PvP scenarios, duelling, cross-alliance adventuring, text chat for consoles, and an improved trading system, all to be offered with free lifetime access and still people would find stuff to complain about.

Yeah, maybe.

But we wouldn't be complaining about things they promised a year ago would we.

Reductio ad absurdum is, as always, absurd.

I genuinely thought you better than this weak defence of Zeni.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, maybe.

But we wouldn't be complaining about things they promised a year ago would we.

Reductio ad absurdum is, as always, absurd.

I genuinely thought you better than this weak defence of Zeni.

All The Best

I wasn't defending ZOS, rather reflecting on the constant whining that dominates the forum. It's nothing to do with what was talked about or when, it's just a constant stream of complaints from people who profess to love the game but can't stop dissing it. I get that some people are unhappy at the lack of new content, what I don't get is why they don't go and play something else and then come back when the new content is here, instead of just parking up here and complaining endlessly about it. We know it's coming, hopefully tonight's announcement will tell us more about when.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    reften wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.
    Here's the full schedule for ESO Live this Thursday, July 2nd:

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news
    Life at ZOS with Sound Designer Bill Mueller
    Ask Us Anything, featuring your questions from the forums
    Upcoming ESOTU community events
    Gameplay Update with Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel
    Giveaways throughout the show!

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.

The DLC better be more like $20 at the MOST. I'm not dropping $60 for a DLC pack unless it's basically a whole new game. Were talking it would HAVE to include the Thiefs Guild, The Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, Orsinium AND Wrothgar all in one DLC to constitute that kind of a cost....

I've been paying for this game since early release, better not cost me a fricken penny more.

You must still have ESO Plus(subscribed) then, in which case your DLC is supposed to be free. I cancelled my sub as I didn't want to lose any DLC if I dropped the sub at a future time. I will buy the DLC as long as it's REASONABLY priced so I never lose it.

Subscribers "renting" DLC is the biggest slap in the face I've seen so far.

I couldn't agree more! That's why I cancelled my Sub. Why pay it if there's a chance that I lose any DLC content received while on it. The ESO Plus Bonuses are no way near worth the monthly Sub fee.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    I have had enough of this nonsense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

$30? Yeah, right. They are charging $30 right now for a simple ice-blue horse skin on the Crown store.

Try $80 or $90 dollars.

Welcome to the reason I refuse to buy anything in the Crown store or continue to sub until they give me a reason. ESO+ bonuses are meaningless (you get more XP bonus from a PVP buff server), and buying cosmetic stuff on the Crown store just tells the suits they can get away with not prioritizing investing in new development by spending 15 minutes in Photoshop doing a texture skin.

When you have a spoiled child throwing a tantrum you don't give them what they want. You take their cookie away until they learn that behavior will NOT be rewarded.

Psych marketing works both ways, Suitimax.
    wow 30$ for a mount..i think 10$ is reasonable price for mount and if it is looking really cool with some animations it would go up to 20$ maximum..with 30$ i can buy some good games on steam lol.
    Edited by parpin on July 2, 2015 4:20PM
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    reften wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.

The DLC better be more like $20 at the MOST. I'm not dropping $60 for a DLC pack unless it's basically a whole new game. Were talking it would HAVE to include the Thiefs Guild, The Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, Orsinium AND Wrothgar all in one DLC to constitute that kind of a cost....

I've been paying for this game since early release, better not cost me a fricken penny more.

You must still have ESO Plus(subscribed) then, in which case your DLC is supposed to be free. I cancelled my sub as I didn't want to lose any DLC if I dropped the sub at a future time. I will buy the DLC as long as it's REASONABLY priced so I never lose it.

Subscribers "renting" DLC is the biggest slap in the face I've seen so far.

I couldn't agree more! That's why I cancelled my Sub. Why pay it if there's a chance that I lose any DLC content received while on it. The ESO Plus Bonuses are no way near worth the monthly Sub fee.

so what do you want them to do add some stupid *** u can only get through ESO plus? like don't complain about the service, just don't use it lol
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't defending ZOS, rather reflecting on the constant whining that dominates the forum. It's nothing to do with what was talked about or when, it's just a constant stream of complaints from people who profess to love the game but can't stop dissing it. I get that some people are unhappy at the lack of new content, what I don't get is why they don't go and play something else and then come back when the new content is here, instead of just parking up here and complaining endlessly about it. We know it's coming, hopefully tonight's announcement will tell us more about when.

Ok, my apologies for misunderstanding your intent.

You say "we know what's coming", well sort of. WE've know IC and Wrothgar were coming for almost 12 months, but they still aren't here.

We know that some the Justice System has arrived but no has a clue when the rest will.

We know VR are being toned down and eventually removed, but no idea when.

All promise and no delivery is the root cause of this constant stream of complaints. So forgive for not really giving a damn what they say tonight; because unless it is "We are releasing the new content tomorrow" it is all just more empty words that they have no intention of delivering on.

Honestly, if an @ZOS name posted that today was 2nd July 2015 I'd go check a source I trust; that's how shallow their words are.

And the reason I am here mentioning this is so that other newer players are made aware of Zeni's dishonesty before they commit to much time and money to the game; if we all just went away and played another game (which I am doing BTW SWTOR is at least 5 times better than ESO) Zeni win - they get to keep telling their lies to another influx of players who know no better.

And that is exactly what they want to be able to do.

All The Best
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had enough of this nonsense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

Don't speak for me. $30 for a dlc is stupidity even for really deep storytelling and quality dungeons and raids. We haven't even seen what's included in the DLC yet you're offering price point suggestions? Please, stop.

I do agree with the notion that it's near damn time for them to release something that isn't a stupid mount or a worthless costume.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We don't want to promise you all the moon (or would it be "moons" since we're in Tamriel? ;)), but Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel will be sharing quite a bit of new information in today's ESO Live show. (Not about Imperial City, specifically, but about many fixes and improvements coming with that patch.) We encourage you to tune in at 4PM EDT today. And if you're unable, we will provide a link and timestamp after the show so you can watch his full segment.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

Seriously, anyone that has a history with ZOS knows that "July" could be anywhere from the first of July through early August. They will get to it, but they do it on their schedule, not ours. Waiting always fills.

That's discouraging and probably a part of the problem. Remember when they sold the game under the 4-6 weeks promise? Damn, that 4-6 weeks is starting to look like 32+ weeks for a new 4 man piece of content and 40+ weeks for a new trial or large group instance.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive stopped giving a *** honestly.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    so what do you want them to do add some stupid *** u can only get through ESO plus?
    Something like that.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't want to promise you all the moon (or would it be "moons" since we're in Tamriel? ;)), but Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel will be sharing quite a bit of new information in today's ESO Live show. (Not about Imperial City, specifically, but about many fixes and improvements coming with that patch.) We encourage you to tune in at 4PM EDT today. And if you're unable, we will provide a link and timestamp after the show so you can watch his full segment.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It's maybe too late but I think I'm not alone in appreciating the fact that you don't want to further promise more than you can deliver. Zenimax Online Studios already promised the "moon" back when ESO was set for pre-order in 2014 through interviews. The marketing of 4-6 week updates and Cyrodiil "Supporting hundreds of players on the screen" ended up being false. Very false.

• Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    You want to show ZOS you want content. Cancel your sub if you have it and don't spend another crown until they release it. If they stop getting any income that will put a spark in their ***.

Spending crowns on mounts, repair kits and xp pots encourages them to work on that "content", not real stuff worth your money.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While I appreciate that you don't want to promise things that will not be delivered immediately, will we at least be getting official confirmation that Imperial City will be delivered to all players in a patch as part of the next major update, as has been implied in a couple of recent staff posts including this one (not as paywalled DLC)?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frankly I am tired of hearing "in the next major patch". Why does everything have to go into one massive patch somewhere probably 2 months from now before it hits live? Why can't the many fixes, improvements and PvP changes go in an earlier, smaller patch. Why? Why?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Njag wrote: »
    Don't you all have anything better to do than cry like a little girl?

Many of us veterans play the only game we are left with - forum. But what are you doing here i wonder? Couldnt connect to server? Looking for someone to play with because you took too much immersion in area chat?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

From this description, one might get the impression that Imperial City will be free-for-all as part of the next major patch? Is it so, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? Or is it just so that the major patch will coincide with the release of Imperial City as separate DLC?
  • Njag
    Njag
    sadownik wrote: »
    Don't you all have anything better to do than cry like a little girl?

Many of us veterans play the only game we are left with - forum. But what are you doing here i wonder? Couldnt connect to server? Looking for someone to play with because you took too much immersion in area chat?

None of the above. Just scanning the forums. Don't have any problems with the game.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't have any problems with the game.

So you only started playing this week then?

All The Best
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IC is not even on PTS yet. If you think it will be live before September or October you are fooling yourself. That or if it is it will be released without testing and will be a disaster. So it seems to me they will require at least 4-6 weeks on PTS before they push it to the live servers. That means even if they put it on PTS tomorrow we are looking at mid august. Since we havent even heard hardly any details I somehow doubt it will hit PTS before August. So looking at Sept maybe early October.

We will get apologies about Orsinium and it will be out next year sometime.
  • brindemavieb16_ESO
    brindemavieb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I am not so much angry as I am disappointedly sad about the fact that there still is no new content and the way things are handled and communicated.

I well know of the recurring argument that they focussed on console launch which, to my mind, is a weak one, considering that the PC players' (justified) reaction to that was genuinely foreseeable, and the damage could have easily been mitigated if they'd released some major content, real content, things to do and to explore, just before console launch to keep us busy. Now, my subscription based client status is long gone, I can merely receive a monthly amount of crowns and a few ingame perks which, don't get me wrong, is nice, but apparently not enough that I am taken seriously enough as a client to get priority over the company's plans to expand to other platforms.

Even that does not really anger me so much as it disappoints me, especially seeing that I, a paying client from day one, apparently have earned no priviledges but a few vanity items for my loyalty. But be that as it is, I am currently able to enjoy a game without paying a monthly subscription -- except that I cannot really enjoy it, because I reached the cul-de-sac that is Craglorn (which again, don't get me wrong, is masterfully done as a region, but the pace of it is just horrid for solo players who enjoy stories and environments), and am basically limited to doing PVP which was basically broken for the last few months, and I couldn't bring myself to risk another look so far.

The reason I cannot be angry about this, either, is that the problem lies entirely in my play style -- a play style, though, that was encouraged from lvl1 through to VR10. Then apparently came the day that those who yearned for more group content finally got their wish granted, and deservedly so. And I didn't even care when the game mechanics where changed so much that my beautiful hybrid build just wasn't viable anymore, because it brought new challenges and welcome changes with it. Except only half of the challenges and changes anticipated, Justice System is still awaiting the "future update" when it will be completed, and I reckon that we will be waiting for that for a few more months.

But even that I could get my head around, balancing is a great issue and I took so much pride in hearing that devs made a big point carefully implementing the system as to not compromise the game experience that I was even consoled for what in my eyes was meant as a cheap way of keeping players grinding and repeating the same content over and over again -- the Champion System. I knew it meant that new content was still farther in the future, but my loyalty to the game would not waver: In my eyes, it was and still is a masterpiece.

That masterpiece lost its shine, that is, it lost my attention almost entirely, and I don't even bother to come online to merely feed my horse anymore. And I am disappointed that it has reached this point, because the only reason for my lack of interest is the lack of new content: I am still a big fan of the game and of what it represents. I may not be entirely happy with a lot of the decisions of the last few months, especially when it comes to the crown store and the payment model, or game mechanics being changed to the point where the freedom of choice -- a freedom that made this game so great -- is limited to a few working builds. But I understand that these decisions are being made with the betterment of the game in mind, and that to my fellow players these decisions are welcome and useful.

One of the reasons I put my heart and my money to playing this game was the announcement of regular updates of content -- that promise won my attention, since the thing that bothered me about e.g. WoW was the big gaps of content before expansions, and the repetitiveness of things to do (namely daily quests). So we got Craglorn and we got some new systems and mechanics, which once again, don't get me wrong, is nice and I enjoyed as much of it as I could.

But now I have waited for ZOS to finish the console release, for months I have waited, feeling like the second best costumer who has to wait until the cashier finally gets off the phone with her other job and then procedes glancing at me, but without saying a word as if I have to just understand this, as if this is not worth a mere and simple "Sorry, I know I kept you waiting. How can I help you?" I know that stuff gets done right at the moment, and I know that the devs keep constantly improving the game; I do read the patch notes. I recently thought to myself: "Oh, sound improvements, that's nice; should check them out!" -- and then: "What's the point, anyway. You log in, have a new sound experience -- or not, who knows --, but everything else is basically the same: Nothing new to do for you, nothing new to explore ..." Yes, explore. That game once was advertised as something huge to explore with a lot of new things to see.

I loved this game. Now I am sad and disappointed, and I realise that it has been this way for several months now, fearing this won't change even when there will be new content, finally.

I loved this game, it was a masterpiece to me. Past tense.
    Edited by brindemavieb16_ESO on July 2, 2015 5:38PM
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, my apologies for misunderstanding your intent.

You say "we know what's coming", well sort of. WE've know IC and Wrothgar were coming for almost 12 months, but they still aren't here.

We know that some the Justice System has arrived but no has a clue when the rest will.

We know VR are being toned down and eventually removed, but no idea when.

All promise and no delivery is the root cause of this constant stream of complaints. So forgive for not really giving a damn what they say tonight; because unless it is "We are releasing the new content tomorrow" it is all just more empty words that they have no intention of delivering on.

Honestly, if an @ZOS name posted that today was 2nd July 2015 I'd go check a source I trust; that's how shallow their words are.

And the reason I am here mentioning this is so that other newer players are made aware of Zeni's dishonesty before they commit to much time and money to the game; if we all just went away and played another game (which I am doing BTW SWTOR is at least 5 times better than ESO) Zeni win - they get to keep telling their lies to another influx of players who know no better.

And that is exactly what they want to be able to do.

All The Best

Well said my friend!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would just like some content because as of right now there is absolutely nothing more I want to spend my Sub crowns on. I've bought enough cosmetic items to outfit all my characters with cool pets and mounts, but now the left over crowns are just being unused. I could spend them on consumables but I can get most of the gold purchasable equivalents fairly easily. I don't think anyone who continued subbing after the ESO:TU went live were expecting to be left out in the cold for so long. One can only buy so many adorable cats before the novelty wears off.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would just like some content because as of right now there is absolutely nothing more I want to spend my Sub crowns on. I've bought enough cosmetic items to outfit all my characters with cool pets and mounts, but now the left over crowns are just being unused. I could spend them on consumables but I can get most of the gold purchasable equivalents fairly easily. I don't think anyone who continued subbing after the ESO:TU went live were expecting to be left out in the cold for so long. One can only buy so many adorable cats before the novelty wears off.

This encourages them to work on cats instead of new zones.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they have something new for us to do soon. New zones, new quests, new content, new dungeons, new loot, new achievements, new collectibles, new anything.

More importantly, after you've added them, please give us a reason to want to continue doing these things after you've added them. Delves and those Craglorn dungeons like Shada and Rahni'za for example, run once for quest and shard and that's it. Don't nerf loot or XP into uselessness. Add rewards for doing these things. Make a daily pledge system or something to make us want to see and explore these places and content again. It's just so saddening to see these beautifully constructed areas being used once then forgotten forever.

So much wasted potential imo.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You may not be promising the moon, but this is really your chance to sell the actual game back to some disgruntled players rather than more cosmetics and more waiting.

Hope it goes well. Think I have told all my friends in SWTOR that I like ESO better, but not the state it was left in after TU.
    Edited by technohic on July 2, 2015 5:52PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax cant hear you over the stacks of cash console got them. they'll be back from vacation with a dlc pack in november and spriggan pet
    Edited by Nifty2g on July 2, 2015 5:52PM
    #MOREORBS