Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - NO SHOWCASE OF NEW CONTENT THIS FRIDAY'S ESO LIVE ?

Sotha_Sil
Sotha_Sil
✭✭✭✭✭
Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.
Here's the full schedule for ESO Live this Thursday, July 2nd:

Fan creations showcase
Official ESOTU news
Life at ZOS with Sound Designer Bill Mueller
Ask Us Anything, featuring your questions from the forums
Upcoming ESOTU community events
Gameplay Update with Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel
Giveaways throughout the show!

I have had enough of this nonsense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.
Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we don't lack daily "new-content-whining" threads on the forums.....

Really folks, if some of you are angry and frustrated by the waiting up to the point that it helps you letting it out on the forums, at least please use some existing thread...
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we don't lack daily "new-content-whining" threads on the forums.....

Really folks, if some of you are angry and frustrated by the waiting up to the point that it helps you letting it out on the forums, at least please use some existing thread...

Edited topic's title to fit accordingly with your request....
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • QueenAyrenn
    QueenAyrenn
    ✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

The game just released on consoles less than a month ago, and they've spent a year fixing issues from the initial release. Maybe let them ensure the actual foundation is secure before they start building?
    "Except the story about the bear. That one's true."

- Queen Ayrenn
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

The game just released on consoles less than a month ago, and they've spent a year fixing issues from the initial release. Maybe let them ensure the actual foundation is secure before they start building?

If only they would do that and fix ***. But they don't. I can list atlest ten GAMEBREAKING bugs that are in the game right now. And they don't give a ***.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.

No matter how bad it is.

And that is the whole point of making us wait.

Take a look at Cyrodil... ...does anyone really think Imperial City is going to be anything other than another huge PvP Fail-fest?

So they have to keep us hanging until we are so starved for something new that no matter how truly horrible the steaming pile of muck they serve up is we'll be happy.

After Console™
    After E3™
    After QuackeCon™

Followed by

After Thanksgiving™
    After Christmas™
    After New Year™

Yeah, right.

Fool me once...

Anyone still believing Zenimax's quite obvious lies is letting themselves be taken for a fool.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on July 2, 2015 11:22AM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

Good point, it has only been what...a good 6 months+ that PC players have been waiting for them to start building again?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And they showcased IC in Quakecon 2014 then in guild summit 2014... so what you are saying is irrelevant. They started building a long time ago...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 2, 2015 11:23AM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After Console™
    After E3™
    After QuackeCon™

Followed by

After Thanksgiving™
    After Christmas™
    After New Year™

Yeah, right.

Fool me once...

After Fallout 4&#8482
    No, wait, come back, we weren't done taking your money yet&#8482
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know what they are planning for the show today. The forum downtime today as well makes me think maybe they are planning on saying something - then again maybe not - we just won't know until they come out with it.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people think they are going to be paying for imperial city? I don't understand how they make such a drastic change to Cyrodiil and only allow players who bought imperial city in. I'm sure they will have paid DLC but I doubt any changes to Cyrodiil will be paid for. They would have to make seperate campaigns for players who paid for imperial city and those who did not. If they do charge I don't see how ZOS Will block out players who didn't pay.

• BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If unhappy. Quit. :smile:
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think they are going to be paying for imperial city? I don't understand how they make such a drastic change to Cyrodiil and only allow players who bought imperial city in. I'm sure they will have paid DLC but I doubt any changes to Cyrodiil will be paid for. They would have to make seperate campaigns for players who paid for imperial city and those who did not. If they do charge I don't see how ZOS Will block out players who didn't pay.

Easy. Imperial city will be another zone. No DLC, can't enter. Simple.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They could just make the sewer entrances to the Imperial City map paygates; no Plus, no cash, no pass.
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

They could just make the sewer entrances to the Imperial City map paygates; no Plus, no cash, no pass.

We'll see. But I highly doubt we'll be paying for IC

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

We'll see. But I highly doubt we'll be paying for IC

Well, personally have a policy of maintaining a Plus subscription at least until November.
    If they manage to get Imperial City out before then, it will not matter to me one way or another.

It was considered to already be virtually ready back when we got phase 1 of the Justice System -- they said they decided to hold back on releasing it due to how much content was already in that update.

They could have just pushed it back and be planning to give it to everyone for free.
    Or, they could be planning their first actual content expansion to also be their first DLC and have been waiting all this time for that reason.

Either way, we have been hearing about Imperial City for almost a year,
    Have been informed that it was virtually completed around 6 months ago,
    And are still waiting for any information about an actual release.
    That is the core of the problem; if ZOS decides to make it a paid DLC after all this waiting, it will be little more than a slap in the face rather than a core issue.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy to pay $30 to own a dlc. I play on PC.

But not so sure I'd pay $30 to rent a dlc.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

People wonder why the summers fly by so fast. This is proof that July is only 2 days long. :smile:

Seriously, anyone that has a history with ZOS knows that "July" could be anywhere from the first of July through early August. They will get to it, but they do it on their schedule, not ours. Waiting always fills.

In the meantime, they have sneaked out a couple early teasers about Imperial City in the last week or so. They are taunting us.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    I would be happy to pay $30 to own a dlc. I play on PC.

But not so sure I'd pay $30 to rent a dlc.

If it is a DLC worth owning, would use the Crowns that have accumulated from my months of subscription time to cover the cost of it in the event that my subscription drops.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

If I had to pay that *** much after waiting this *** long, for something worthwhile, I'd be gone never to come back to this game.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't "official ESOTU news" cover new content? Or am I reaching? In any case, I have zero hype left in me, give me release date and price or gtfo.
    Edited by Rosveen on July 2, 2015 12:11PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Couldn't "official ESOTU news" cover new content? Or am I reaching? In any case, I have zero hype left in me, give me release date and price or gtfo.

THIS^
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0364b50df024cb2a69c6d1cc2d27fffe90a765e0f5f832f4d73684118235ee1e.jpg
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    give me release date and price or gtfo.

Exactly.

Any more crap about Soon, or After XYZ is justy Zenimax admitting that don't give a damn about us, or the game, and are just gouging the playerbase for as much as they can get before they pull the plug.

They need to announce the following:

1) Fixed release date that will be met.
    2) Price.
    3) Date to expect a Release Candidate to be available for PTS testing.

These need to be set in stone. No prevarication, no more BS.

Customer value two things in my experience: Honesty and Value For Money.

So far Zenimax are delivering neither.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be under the "News" section.

But, the pessimist in me says that it won't be and we will continue to wait and wait for anything more than short videos and tiny scraps of news on Imperial City. A year after it was first shown.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't "official ESOTU news" cover new content? Or am I reaching?
    Doubt it. I think this kind of announcement will be spoken out loud.
    BlackEar wrote: »
    After waiting so much for a content that never really comes, I think it's what we ought to do in the end. I'll watch trailers of content instead of playing the game and will get evenly satisfied.

ZOS seems to be waiting for competition to announce new stuff so they can put IC and all DLC plans in motion to keep their playerbase. But everyone is losing at this game.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 2, 2015 12:34PM
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at Cyrodil... ...does anyone really think Imperial City is going to be anything other than another huge PvP Fail-fest?

It depends on design and content, darkness falls and shadow lab was an enrichment in daoc and objectives and content were different from frontier zones.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    After waiting so much for a content that never really comes, I think it's what we ought to do in the end. I'll watch trailers of content instead of playing the game and will get evenly satisfied.

ZOS seems to be waiting for competition to announce new stuff so they can put IC and all DLC plans in motion to keep their playerbase. But everyone is losing at this game.

It is probably bad that upon reading this comment my reaction was "well, Imperial City is a Cyrodiil extension, so likely the trailers at least won't be laggy."

Still holding out hopes that Imperial City is lag free and somehow manages to bust up the Cyrodiil lag.

My hopes are still unreasonably high, all things considered.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know what they are planning for the show today. The forum downtime today as well makes me think maybe they are planning on saying something - then again maybe not - we just won't know until they come out with it.

I think they are going to clean up the forum a bit, because it seems to be getting out of hands rapidly, especially the PC/Mac part, which is just endless stream of gripes about no content and lag in Cyrodiil, only occasionally interrupted by bazillionth whale request for race/faction/whatever change.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is they can clean up the forum as much as they want while it is live.

Only reason I can think to bring it down would be design changes - maybe background change or adding new categories etc.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/