Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - NO SHOWCASE OF NEW CONTENT THIS FRIDAY'S ESO LIVE ?

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    We don't know what they are planning for the show today. The forum downtime today as well makes me think maybe they are planning on saying something - then again maybe not - we just won't know until they come out with it.

I think they are going to clean up the forum a bit, because it seems to be getting out of hands rapidly, especially the PC/Mac part, which is just endless stream of gripes about no content and lag in Cyrodiil, only occasionally interrupted by bazillionth whale request for race/faction/whatever change.

Imagine how awesome the forums could be if ZOS gave us something new to talk about, rather than "cleaning up" threads because we have nothing new to say. :)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    We don't know what they are planning for the show today. The forum downtime today as well makes me think maybe they are planning on saying something - then again maybe not - we just won't know until they come out with it.

I think they are going to clean up the forum a bit, because it seems to be getting out of hands rapidly, especially the PC/Mac part, which is just endless stream of gripes about no content and lag in Cyrodiil, only occasionally interrupted by bazillionth whale request for race/faction/whatever change.

Imagine how awesome the forums could be if ZOS gave us something new to talk about, rather than "cleaning up" threads because we have nothing new to say. :)

Yeah, I can imagine...flying Pegasus mount! That would keep you guys busy for months.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I can imagine...flying Pegasus mount! That would keep you guys busy for months.

But that wouldn't be lore friendly and would break muh immersions! :wink:

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is they can clean up the forum as much as they want while it is live.

Only reason I can think to bring it down would be design changes - maybe background change or adding new categories etc.

The addition of new filters to prevent negative comments?

The purging of whole threads, not only from our visible front end but also from the back-end?

There's many reasons for taking down a database of this size.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After Console™
    After E3™
    After QuackeCon™

Followed by

After Thanksgiving™
    After Christmas™
    After New Year™

Yeah, right.

Fool me once...

After Fallout 4&#8482
    No, wait, come back, we weren't done taking your money yet&#8482

After fallout 4 i don't care how long they make people wait for dlc.
    fallout 4 is gonna be the shiz and i need to beat my in game record of 1200+ hours on vegas.

Fallout4 + mass effect 4 for a good rpg story line and exploring and star wars battlefront for pvp.

Yeah im good :D
    Edited by Heromofo on July 2, 2015 1:11PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The content drought is pretty sad at this point. I know I keep mentioning it when I find the time to browse through the one or two threads in the forums lately, but the content drip is so slow at ZOS that we'll be seeing a lot of the exact same content this year at QuakeCon that we saw last year. Not only that, it's not like it's being released to coincide with QuakeCon. It's going to be released months afterwards.

What's sadder, unless they decide to pack it all up for us and announce it at QuakeCon, we're not even getting an expansion. It'l be close to a year without even a single zone, and we'll probably just be given a single zone.

It's been awhile since I've bothered with ESOLive, do they still show the Wrothgar preview video before each show? How sad is it that they have to use an 11 month old video as hype because nothing else is available.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax, it isn't August yet.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    give me release date and price or gtfo.

Exactly.

Any more crap about Soon, or After XYZ is justy Zenimax admitting that don't give a damn about us, or the game, and are just gouging the playerbase for as much as they can get before they pull the plug.

They need to announce the following:

1) Fixed release date that will be met.
    2) Price.
    3) Date to expect a Release Candidate to be available for PTS testing.

These need to be set in stone. No prevarication, no more BS.

Customer value two things in my experience: Honesty and Value For Money.

So far Zenimax are delivering neither.

All The Best

Regarding 1: Don't build your castle on this foundation. This is not how ZOS likes to work.

Regarding 3: They never put release candidates on PTS. What is put on live is always one version later than what we have seen on PTS. That said, they never give a date for when stuff will hit PTS. It will be "Soon," followed by "next week some time," followed by "we meant the next week, not this week," followed by "tomorrow" or "today."

The "set in stone" that you are looking for will be most reliable on the day that they do it. This is just the way they have always done it and it is not reasonable to expect them to change after all this time.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    What's sadder, unless they decide to pack it all up for us and announce it at QuakeCon, we're not even getting an expansion. It'l be close to a year without even a single zone, and we'll probably just be given a single zone.

Oh hey, maybe you just cracked the code.
    When they said "pre-launch information in July."
    What they meant was "we'll have an Imperial City trailer at Quakecon."

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    After Console™
    After E3™
    After QuackeCon™

Followed by

After Thanksgiving™
    After Christmas™
    After New Year™

Yeah, right.

Fool me once...

After Fallout 4&#8482

fallout 4 is gonna be the shiz and i need to beat my in game record of 1200+ hours on vegas.

Fallout4 + mass effect 4 for a good rpg story line and exploring and star wars battlefront for pvp.

When fallout 4 comes it'll be a expansion release contest. Zos and Bethesda will be trying to pump out content more than the other hopefully. Which is good for us
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More likely information on IC this month, more camera panning of Wrothgar at Quakecon, a rehash of the armor motifs at Quakecon.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.

I have had enough of this nonsense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

You see how it says "lookout here in July"? Well July JUST started so relax and see what comes this month regarding announcements. They didn't say looking here on July 2, they said in July so their is still 4 more weeks before the month ends so relax! I know waiting sucks but console just released a month ago so they said July, so that is soon...ish so take it easy and see what follows later this month.
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.

No matter how bad it is.

And that is the whole point of making us wait.

Take a look at Cyrodil... ...does anyone really think Imperial City is going to be anything other than another huge PvP Fail-fest?

So they have to keep us hanging until we are so starved for something new that no matter how truly horrible the steaming pile of muck they serve up is we'll be happy.

After Console™
    After E3™
    After QuackeCon™

Followed by

After Thanksgiving™
    After Christmas™
    After New Year™

Yeah, right.

Fool me once...

Anyone still believing Zenimax's quite obvious lies is letting themselves be taken for a fool.

All The Best
    This.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

More likely information on IC this month, more camera panning of Wrothgar at Quakecon, a rehash of the armor motifs at Quakecon.

Quakecon is the 23rd-26th of this month though, so an Imperial City trailer would be the ZOSy way out. ;)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    After Console™
    After E3™
    After QuackeCon™

Followed by

After Thanksgiving™
    After Christmas™
    After New Year™

Yeah, right.

Fool me once...

After Fallout 4&#8482

When fallout 4 comes it'll be a expansion release contest. Zos and Bethesda will be trying to pump out content more than the other hopefully. Which is good for us

Yeah not bothered as much see fallout has always been first on my list followed by mass effect then elder scrolls.
    Fallout is the type of game where i won't miss a thing from Collecting items and hording and choices to be made ( had to do the game 4 times over to get them all). Then with fallout 4s town builder and sending traders out and etc i believe that everything i have wanted is found there.

Throw in mass effect 4 for my space crave and seriously the multiplayer side that's the kind of repeatable content i loooove.
    then throw in star wars battlefront for star wars crave and gaint pvp.

Man im one happy chap then Elder Scrolls six when ever that comes out.
    I would like to see some content for ESO before then though just something new to do.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quakecon is the 23rd-26th of this month though, so an Imperial City trailer would be the ZOSy way out. ;)

Ohh for some reason August kept coming to my mind for QuakeCon. Yep, I agree. Throwing us an IC bone at QuakeCon at the end of the month is definitely the plan.
    Edited by BBSooner on July 2, 2015 1:30PM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    You see how it says "lookout here in July"? Well July JUST started so relax and see what comes this month regarding announcements. They didn't say looking here on July 2, they said in July so their is still 4 more weeks before the month ends so relax! I know waiting sucks but console just released a month ago so they said July, so that is soon...ish so take it easy and see what follows later this month.
    ESO live is a bi-weekly show so it's either on the 4rth of the 18th they make this kind of announcement if they still do as planned in July. Meaning we have to wait 16 more days at best as it this week's show won't showcase anything...

ZOS' presence @ Quakecon is not officially confirmed afaik.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 2, 2015 1:36PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want to go fishing? :s
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    They haven't listened to the player base in months. The issues that have plagued us since launch are still around (lag, infinite loading screens, lack of any type of actual MMO features), and they still haven't listened. The lag was blamed on the pvp style that they designed for and wanted (massive fights) and they told us to stop that. Infinite loading screens? Console gets a warning saying that it's gonna be a long one. PC gets nothing. Ui without addons? Disgusting mess that would be only barely acceptable as an Rpg Ui.

Distract us with the lack of new content so we can forget all the lack of actual updates that we get. But don't give us any actual info that we haven't known for months. Most of which I can only assume has been scrapped for 'immersion'.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Quakecon is not officially confirmed afaik.

http://www.quakecon.org/

The dates have been confirmed since September last year.

Was disappointed that the 2015 Competitions page does not have an ESO 3v3v3 tournament scheduled. :(
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding 1: Don't build your castle on this foundation. This is not how ZOS likes to work.

Regarding 3: They never put release candidates on PTS. What is put on live is always one version later than what we have seen on PTS. That said, they never give a date for when stuff will hit PTS. It will be "Soon," followed by "next week some time," followed by "we meant the next week, not this week," followed by "tomorrow" or "today."

The "set in stone" that you are looking for will be most reliable on the day that they do it. This is just the way they have always done it and it is not reasonable to expect them to change after all this time.

And as contrast this: http://www.starwarstheoldrepublic.com/fallen-empire/rewards is how SWTOR does it.

A clear concise, dated path to the release: including the loyalty reward thresholds for being subbed prior to the release of the ExPac.

Which do you think a) makes most business sense, b) keeps players happy, and c) generates most revenue.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was disappointed that the 2015 Competitions page does not have an ESO 3v3v3 tournament scheduled. :(

I meant ZOS' presence @ Quakecon. It's what someone from ZOS said on this forum...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I meant ZOS' presence @ Quakecon. It's what someone from ZOS said on this forum...

Ah, fair. Missed that then.
    Thank you for clarifying.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Witcher 3 couldn't pull me from a stale ESO....Fallout 4 will.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI
    We're discussing it, but a decision hasn't been made yet. We'll let you know as soon as we have more details. :)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/183519/quakecon-2015
  • Suntzu1414
    I have waited long enough (PC/MAC).

Zeni has burned all of my good will...
    When Fallout 4 comes, they won't need to worry about server lag.

All dedicated Bethy fans, will have a new home

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New threads on lack of content should be created daily to keep pressure on devs.

Man, we should make those on other forums that covers eso. Maybe the bad press will end up making them stop sitting on them hands...
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI
    We're discussing it, but a decision hasn't been made yet. We'll let you know as soon as we have more details. :)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/183519/quakecon-2015

That info from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom was on 06/22. I'm sure more info will be released...

GsE3k.jpg
    Edited by nastuug on July 2, 2015 1:46PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.
    Here's the full schedule for ESO Live this Thursday, July 2nd:

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news
    Life at ZOS with Sound Designer Bill Mueller
    Ask Us Anything, featuring your questions from the forums
    Upcoming ESOTU community events
    Gameplay Update with Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel
    Giveaways throughout the show!

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.

The DLC better be more like $20 at the MOST. I'm not dropping $60 for a DLC pack unless it's basically a whole new game. Were talking it would HAVE to include the Thiefs Guild, The Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, Orsinium AND Wrothgar all in one DLC to constitute that kind of a cost....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Here's the full schedule for ESO Live this Thursday, July 2nd:

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news
    Life at ZOS with Sound Designer Bill Mueller
    Ask Us Anything, featuring your questions from the forums
    Upcoming ESOTU community events
    Gameplay Update with Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel
    Giveaways throughout the show!

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

The DLC better be more like $20 at the MOST. I'm not dropping $60 for a DLC pack unless it's basically a whole new game. Were talking it would HAVE to include the Thiefs Guild, The Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, Orsinium AND Wrothgar all in one DLC to constitute that kind of a cost....

I've been paying for this game since early release, better not cost me a fricken penny more.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.