Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - NO SHOWCASE OF NEW CONTENT THIS FRIDAY'S ESO LIVE ?

• Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, get off their case. Both of the developers still left at ZOS are really busy right now with bug fixes.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »
    All dedicated Bethy fans, will have a new home
    Not until TES VI. I'm not buying Fallout 4. I'll be playing Original Sin Enhanced Edition and Tides of Numenera....
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Hey, get off their case. Both of the developers still left at ZOS are really busy right now with bug fixes.

May I remind you what the last patch fixed?
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 2, 2015 1:59PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reften wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.
    Here's the full schedule for ESO Live this Thursday, July 2nd:

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news
    Life at ZOS with Sound Designer Bill Mueller
    Ask Us Anything, featuring your questions from the forums
    Upcoming ESOTU community events
    Gameplay Update with Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel
    Giveaways throughout the show!

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.

The DLC better be more like $20 at the MOST. I'm not dropping $60 for a DLC pack unless it's basically a whole new game. Were talking it would HAVE to include the Thiefs Guild, The Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, Orsinium AND Wrothgar all in one DLC to constitute that kind of a cost....

I've been paying for this game since early release, better not cost me a fricken penny more.

You must still have ESO Plus(subscribed) then, in which case your DLC is supposed to be free. I cancelled my sub as I didn't want to lose any DLC if I dropped the sub at a future time. I will buy the DLC as long as it's REASONABLY priced so I never lose it.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be on the lookout here in July, when we'll begin our full pre-launch Imperial City coverage.

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

I have had enough of this non sense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

You will be so content-starved by the time they launch the Imperial City, that you will pay $60 for it and be sincerely happy.

The DLC better be more like $20 at the MOST. I'm not dropping $60 for a DLC pack unless it's basically a whole new game. Were talking it would HAVE to include the Thiefs Guild, The Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, Orsinium AND Wrothgar all in one DLC to constitute that kind of a cost....

I've been paying for this game since early release, better not cost me a fricken penny more.

You must still have ESO Plus(subscribed) then, in which case your DLC is supposed to be free. I cancelled my sub as I didn't want to lose any DLC if I dropped the sub at a future time. I will buy the DLC as long as it's REASONABLY priced so I never lose it.

Subscribers "renting" DLC is the biggest slap in the face I've seen so far.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

You must still have ESO Plus(subscribed) then, in which case your DLC is supposed to be free.
    It annoys me that people keep calling it "free". You can choose to buy it or rent it, but it's never free.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

or quit playing like the other 90% of the launch community. i log in every 30 days to all five of my guilds that were thriving 60 days after launch to me being the only one on. thats 2500 players have not touched the game in 10 plus months. Dont think that cycle wont continue to happen. the PC community is disposable now. they milked the subs now they are just selling copies.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In the meantime, they have sneaked out a couple early teasers about Imperial City in the last week or so. They are taunting us.

Had to pull this just because of the wording.

They have Overtaunted and lost aggro on the mobs. The new Adds can still be taunted but the mini bosses are running amok. ZOS' DPS is too low to pass the check and their healer needs to start spamming BOL before everyone dies.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    They have Overtaunted and lost aggro on the mobs. The new Adds can still be taunted but the mini bosses are running amok. ZOS' DPS is too low to pass the check and their healer needs to start spamming BOL before everyone dies.
    Breath of Life is not going to be enough. DOT's hit too hard and they need to purge asap. But well, that's the kind of skill you get by actually playing the alliance war...

Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 2, 2015 2:15PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they announced IC since before release and shown IC content to a guild meeting a year ago and it seemed near complete, we can assume that IC is ready since over 6 months and been held since then to make have to pay for it in terms of dlc.

Which means, if they make me pay for a dlc for content that was supposed to be released 6-12 months ago back when ppl had to pay to test a bug filled game, then it will be the last nail in the coffin for me as it shows total lack of moral and integrity.
    Edited by Kupoking on July 2, 2015 2:26PM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really afraid they are going to do the DESTINY/GW2 expansion pack all over again. But anyway, we will see.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

The game just released on consoles less than a month ago, and they've spent a year fixing issues from the initial release. Maybe let them ensure the actual foundation is secure before they start building?

in theory thats how it should have been. But when the same quests and issues arose and broke when console launched you can tell they wasted a year and didnt fix anything.
    The player base has accepted this game will barely hold on and function we just want to see something new. And not a 2014 E3 rehashing.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know what they are planning for the show today. The forum downtime today as well makes me think maybe they are planning on saying something - then again maybe not - we just won't know until they come out with it.

I think they are going to clean up the forum a bit, because it seems to be getting out of hands rapidly, especially the PC/Mac part, which is just endless stream of gripes about no content and lag in Cyrodiil, only occasionally interrupted by bazillionth whale request for race/faction/whatever change.

Rapidly? PC/Mac crowd has been waiting 8 months for console to launch so ZoS can fix the dam game. The forums are a direct representation of the state of the game. All these console crowd comeon and go "why are you complaining game just released" which is false they over hauled a UI for console fixed next to nothing save a lighting error over an 8 month period.
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

• reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

huh? Explain this to me? I am ESO+ Now. Does this mean, that after DLC comes out, I get my DLC, and I cancel my ESO+...I loose that DLC unless I pay for it? (basically pay again for it?)
    Edited by reften on July 2, 2015 2:36PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [quote="reften;1968778"

huh? Explain this to me? I am ESO+ Now. Does this mean, that after DLC comes out, I get my DLC, and I cancel my ESO+...I loose that DLC unless I pay for it? (basically pay again for it?)[/quote]

Yep
    Which is why a lot of us don't sub anymore. No real benefit, you can even get a better deal just buying the Crown packs.
    Edited by Xendyn on July 2, 2015 2:38PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Not until TES VI. I'm not buying Fallout 4. I'll be playing Original Sin Enhanced Edition and Tides of Numenera....

What are your feelings on Bethesda's plans to potentially start up a new IP after Fallout 4, rather than going to work on TES VI?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    Yyyyyup.

i_told_you_so_stephen_colbert.gif

EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 49 - Stamina Templar
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

PSN: KMT_Drahc
    Left Eye Gang dueling guild recruiter, join us!
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

The game just released on consoles less than a month ago, and they've spent a year fixing issues from the initial release. Maybe let them ensure the actual foundation is secure before they start building?

I remember when I was young to ZOS ways and naive enough to only see through my ESO colored glasses :'(

Sometimes I wish I could go back...
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

huh? Explain this to me? I am ESO+ Now. Does this mean, that after DLC comes out, I get my DLC, and I cancel my ESO+...I loose that DLC unless I pay for it? (basically pay again for it?)

That is correct. Any DLC that you gain access to will go away if your drop your sub, and you will need to purchase it.
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

What are your feelings on Bethesda's plans to potentially start up a new IP after Fallout 4, rather than going to work on TES VI?
    Depends on the setting and if it means they'd give up on the Elder Scrolls franchise altogether, but generally moderately positive. It could be interesting to see them try their hand at something new. However, I'd strongly prefer it if they kept TES and the new IP, and passed Fallout to another developer instead.

Do we have any rumors about it, though?
    Edited by Rosveen on July 2, 2015 2:46PM
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indifferent.

As long as ZoS gets around to earning any of this money theyve made off of lies and silence.

• Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience young grasshopper. At least we have a Enlightment system (whats way too short, please add Crown store service for 1-3 month) so you can take break from the game. Players must realize, devs cant make content so fast as players consume it, Imperial City comes, 2 week and they are whining for new content.
    Edited by Sausage on July 2, 2015 3:02PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Depends on the setting and if it means they'd give up on the Elder Scrolls franchise altogether, but generally moderately positive. It could be interesting to see them try their hand at something new. However, I'd strongly prefer it if they kept TES and the new IP, and passed Fallout to another developer instead.

Do we have any rumors about it, though?

No rumors as to what the plans is, but there was mention of plans to move to something new before going back to Elder Scrolls.
    After finally showing Fallout 4 gameplay footage at E3 this week in Los Angeles, executive producer Todd Howard sat down to discuss Bethesda's development strategy, and possible future routes the studio might take.

During Bethesda's inaugural press conference, Howard presented a number of changes to Fallout's open world, post-apocalyptic formula: a crafting and customization system, a pre-war storyline and an extensive reel of insane combat techniques. And despite the newfound innovations and iterations, Fallout 4's development team isn't that much bigger than the one that made The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

"I wouldn't say we want to alternate [between Fallout and Elder Scrolls], per se," Howard told IGN. "We have lots of ideas. We don't want to get a ton bigger. We only have eight more people on the team than when we did with Skyrim. But we want to do more stuff,
    and I think, if you look at Fallout Shelter, that's an example of us doing something else. So I think going forward there are more things we could do, but we'll see what happens."

When Bethesda acquired the Fallout IP, it was an already-existing license. Howard and the team adapted it to fit the open-world RPG structure as we know it today. But going forward, as they did with The Elder Scrolls franchise, Howard said the team is more likely to create its own IP than to build on an existing one.

"We're like anybody else," Howard said. "You have tons of ideas over time, and it's just a matter of which one you decide to put your full effort behind. But, I don't think we'd go out and get another IP, given what's out there and who we are. You never know, though. I'm not making any demands like, 'Go acquire this.'"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-bethesda-discusses-possible-plans-after-fallout-4

Not sure how ambitious they would plan the new IP to be or anything -- he drew a parallel with Fallout Shelter, which could mean that whatever they have planned is minor.
    But it is supposedly a whole new intellectual property, so that means they are looking at something new before getting back to work on Elder Scrolls.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would lie if I said I wasn't worried at all, I disagree with some of their recent decisions (voiced protagonist with an extensive backstory in FO4, another (timed?) exclusivity deal), but I'm willing to wait and see what new setting they can come up with. Just don't expect me to buy it if it's a mobile game...
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had enough of this nonsense. If you think we are going to wait endlessly and be willing to pay 30$ or even more for your DLC, you are fooling yourself.

$30? Yeah, right. They are charging $30 right now for a simple ice-blue horse skin on the Crown store.

Try $80 or $90 dollars.

Welcome to the reason I refuse to buy anything in the Crown store or continue to sub until they give me a reason. ESO+ bonuses are meaningless (you get more XP bonus from a PVP buff server), and buying cosmetic stuff on the Crown store just tells the suits they can get away with not prioritizing investing in new development by spending 15 minutes in Photoshop doing a texture skin.

When you have a spoiled child throwing a tantrum you don't give them what they want. You take their cookie away until they learn that behavior will NOT be rewarded.

Psych marketing works both ways, Suitimax.

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all will b****, whine & complain, but you'll wait and you'll buy it no matter what it costs! So sayeth your Z Overlords!

Okay, may y'all won't, but I will. :wink:
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

That is correct. Any DLC that you gain access to will go away if your drop your sub, and you will need to purchase it.
    So, what I'm getting from all of this is that the subscription is absolutely pointless? So why am I spending $14.99 a month? I keep hesitating to turn it off even though I have the Imperial edition. Are there no benefits other than 1500 crowns a month?
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

So, what I'm getting from all of this is that the subscription is absolutely pointless? So why am I spending $14.99 a month? I keep hesitating to turn it off even though I have the Imperial edition. Are there no benefits other than 1500 crowns a month?

Whatever the bonus XP gain or whatever is, but yeah that's about it.
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

Maybe they should have, y'know, done that before releasing the game...
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

Fan creations showcase
    Official ESOTU news

Whatever the bonus XP gain or whatever is, but yeah that's about it.
    Disappointing.