Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    It's highly likely that those players skipped the quest earlier, finished the rest of the AD quests (and so got the title) and are coming back now to try and get this one completed.

Serious question. Is this even possible?If I check my achievments, there is only this quest and the following wedding quest missing to get this achievement for the title.

I was farming the skyshards yesterday in Malabal Tor. I did this with my mount. So I went totaly accross the map. I didn't found any open quests there. Caves/Dungeons also all done. Maybe I'm missing something?

Is there a way to check ingame all completed quests for an area (PS4)?
    The Hero of the Dominion achievement is based solely on number of quests completed, not completion of story quests. These are recorded by the in-game "Adventurer" achievements (Auridon Adventurer, Grahtwood Adventurer, Greenshade Adventurer, Malabal Tor Adventurer, Reaper's March Adventurer). Completing all five Dominion "Adventurer" achievements gives you Hero of the Dominion. The achievements like "Matchmaker" do not count towards these.

There is no way to check in-game whether you've completed all the quests, as there are more quests in each zone than the Adventurer achievements account for; you can see whether you've completed all quests attached to a specific location objective (the icon turns white when you've done them all), but there are a number of quests in each zone that are not based on a location objective.
    Quests by Location: Aldmeri Dominion at UESP lists them all, so you can always go through that and check.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 24, 2015 9:49AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    @Enodoc
    Yes I know, the location turns into white, when I'm completed the sepcific quest there. I also have all locations solved in every Dominion region. It's a little weird then. I was running across the map yesterday for hunting the Skyshards and I've not seen any black questmarkers on the radar. I did not stick to the roads. I'll try my luck tonight. Thanks for your help.
  • Rayneman_421
    You have to read the description didn't realize it posted the video lol
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    It is not possible to get the hero of the dominion without completing this quest. You'll be stuck at 37/40 in malabal tor
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    phaseadept wrote: »
    It is not possible to get the hero of the dominion without completing this quest. You'll be stuck at 37/40 in malabal tor

Yes it's not possible. I'm stuck at 39/40. That's possible without the Prisoner. All remaining Quests depends on this one...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 45 quests in Malabal Tor (49 if it counts the ones in the Public Dungeon and Group Dunegon). Without Prisoner of Jathsogur, you can get 41 (45) of them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    You have to read the description didn't realize it posted the video lol
    Description: Log out inside the building log back in everyone will be gone attack her go downstairs talk to the silvanar.

Worked for a commenter, not for the other. I want to try it after work but....friday nights are probably the worst times for that kind of thing. I could also just focus on crafting and level up the other toons, but that does not fix anything now does it...
  • MikeyInBrum
    I've abandoned this quest - not only can I not complete it but every time I go anywhere to do something else the voice of the Silvenar appears telling me to head up to his dungeon on the hill meaning that I can't just get away from it!!!
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    I just want to know when we will be getting another progress update. After ZOS gave their last update they've gone darker than Sam Fisher after he shoots out the lights.....
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • Darklistener666
    Darklistener666
    Soul Shriven
    I completed the quest about 2 weeks ago.. it took me nearly 3 weeks to get it but all I did was log in and out downstairs about 30 times. Maybe 5 other people were with me in the instance when we all just killed the lady and went downstairs. Don't listen to anything that any of the other players in the room say about the lady needing to go down stairs or anything of that nature.. and if there are nearly 50 people in the room just give up and log in and out until you are in an instance where you are nearly alone. I almost cried when I reached the quest like this one in Reapers March... but i got through that one in only a few hours thank Sithis
    Here in the forest dark and deep. I offer you eternal sleep.

-Dread Father Sithis
  • Nebel
    Nebel
    Soul Shriven
    It's the end of the month. Has anyone heard about them getting the next patch certified through Microsoft/ Sony yet?
    There is no greater sorrow / Than to be mindful of the happy time / In misery

- Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy, (Inferno, Canto V, Lines 121-3)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The next console patch is tentatively scheduled for this week, but we'll toss up a forum banner with the maintenance schedule as soon as everything is approved and ready to go.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for the update! It is much appreciated :)
    PS4 NA
  • Rafeee
    Rafeee
    Soul Shriven
    The next console patch is tentatively scheduled for this week, but we'll toss up a forum banner with the maintenance schedule as soon as everything is approved and ready to go.

Looking forward to this fix. Also hoping The Moonlit Patch is patched as well as having problems there
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the patch coming with the maintenance Wednesday (PS4)? or will it be separate?
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    ×Maintenance for the week of July 27
    • No PC/Mac maintenance
    • Xbox One North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance - July 28, 6:00AM EDT (11:00 BST)
    • PlayStation®4 North American and European megaserver for patch maintenance – July 29, 6:00AM EDT (11:00 BST)
  • sasserdahl
    sasserdahl
    Soul Shriven

Abandoned this quest twice but stuck at level 40. Xbox one NA server, still can't complete this quest. Any update about the patch?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you guys have dismissed the notification banner, as phaseadept has quoted above, the maintenance for the patch is due for Xbox One on July 28, 6:00AM EDT (11:00 BST) and for PS4 on July 29, 6:00AM EDT (11:00 BST).
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    Finally guess I will just work on other characters until the patch comes out. Though I have a weird feeling the patch will be released and it will still be bugged...
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • Nebel
    Nebel
    Soul Shriven
    There are still too many people downstairs. They REALLY need to make this solo instance... Or at lease only allow a certain amount of people in at a time. This is ridiculous! At this rate, I won't complete it for months...

• Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    Nebel wrote: »
    There are still too many people downstairs. They REALLY need to make this solo instance... Or at lease only allow a certain amount of people in at a time. This is ridiculous! At this rate, I won't complete it for months...
    If you go up a bit you will see they should be fixing this with the new patch. How they are fixing it is the only thing that interests me. Will they make it so when you enter only you or your group will be inside? That would have been the best option, but we will see for PS4 tomorrow. I wonder if anyone on Xbox can see how it is fixed...
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • Nebel
    Nebel
    Soul Shriven
    I am on xbox one and the mob scene from what it was like just moved downstairs. I got tired of waiting on the enemies to spawn so I left the game on and did other things. When I came back about 45 min later, that quest is gone and I have another one in place. So, I'm not sure what happened.

• Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay downstairs and keep logging in and out. When you find an instance with just a handful of people wait a bit. I finally completed it that way. You just need to be in the room. I didn't fire a shot.

So the patch partially fixed it. It still seems to bug out if there's too many people around. Once I found an instance with only a half dozen or so players I got completion. Took five logins. Hallelujah, I get to go to the wedding. :smile:
  • Nebel
    Nebel
    Soul Shriven
    Appleblade wrote: »
    Stay downstairs and keep logging in and out. When you find an instance with just a handful of people wait a bit. I finally completed it that way. You just need to be in the room. I didn't fire a shot.

So the patch partially fixed it. It still seems to bug out if there's too many people around. Once I found an instance with only a half dozen or so players I got completion. Took five logins. Hallelujah, I get to go to the wedding. :smile:

Basically the same problem. I really don't know why they just don't make it a solo instance in the first place. No one should have to keep logging out and logging in to hope and pray to get only a handful of people. Make it a solo instance, put the first woman back and be done with it. I'm so very frustrated with this. I know that I can go on ahead but I am one of those people who like to stay in order. Plus, the next quests I have are in Reapers March. They are just slightly out of my reach level wise so I do need this quest to level up more. Most of my guild members are already in the veteran ranks and really have no desire to help unless really needed. I don't mind. They like to rush through and I like to read. So it works. Anyway, like I said, it will take much longer than needed to complete this quest because it was not made into a solo instance.

• chrystalwhite
    Its still bugged. But now at the bottom floor. Come on man
    Aldmeri Dominion, European server.

Aedric spear Templar V1
    Playstation 4
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    Well this quest still doesn't work. Been waiting downstairs with a huge load of people and nothing happens. Followed the Silvenar guy down also. Been over 30 minutes and absolutely nothing happening. Why couldn't they just make this section a solo area??
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy
    have you tried abandoning the quest? my friend abandoned it, picked it back up and is now passed this quest.
    Edited by Adamsy on July 29, 2015 7:57PM
  • ThisEndsWithUs
    I've abandoned the quest around 6 times, done all the progress up until "Defend the Silvenar", go downstairs. Nothing happens.
    Tried re-logging around 20-25 times, still nothing?
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    Yep, tried that also. This quest is destined to annoy me. I'm VR6 now and this quest is the only one giving me trouble