Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Four hours to go? Did I read that right?

Edit: OH NOES I FORGOT ABOUT THE COLLECTIBLES THING

Wait, what about the collectibles? I've been a bit out of the loop.

They're character bound now. Which means if I happen to find a Gossamer Wing or w/e on a throwaway alt, I can't transfer it to my main where it would be appreciated. Same for rare fish, though I can just abstain from fishing on alts.

Oh that, ok yeh. Thx for replying :)
    Thought I'd missed something I needed to do before the update.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭

They're character bound now. Which means if I happen to find a Gossamer Wing or w/e on a throwaway alt, I can't transfer it to my main where it would be appreciated. Same for rare fish, though I can just abstain from fishing on alts.

I suspect (hope) it's only going to adversely affect a few people. It's not that big in the grand scheme of things, but still. I like my fishes and trophies.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect (hope) it's only going to adversely affect a few people. It's not that big in the grand scheme of things, but still. I like my fishes and trophies.

I don't like it :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See you guys on the other side. B)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Fixed an issue where the fishing line would appear to not be aligned correctly with the top of your fishing pole

Wait... so my fishing line will actually be attached to my pole now?

WHAT IF IT GETS TANGLED?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there was a crazy windstorm in my neck of the woods over the weekend, and my power was out for about 24 hours (which led to a notable lack of being online).

While the power was out and the wind was raging, I decided it would be a good idea to wander around outside in the wind. I ended up having to dodge-roll to avoid getting hit by this:
    IMG-20150829-WA0008_resized_zpsmoq6ribf.jpeg
    Man, it's way harder to stay out of the red in first-person. I didn't even see the red AoE for this one - if I hadn't had my volume turned up so that I could hear the audio cue, I wouldn't have known to dodge and I probably would have been one-shotted! Even if I had been blocking I probably would have taken a ton of damage.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    So there was a crazy windstorm in my neck of the woods over the weekend, and my power was out for about 24 hours (which led to a notable lack of being online).

While the power was out and the wind was raging, I decided it would be a good idea to wander around outside in the wind. I ended up having to dodge-roll to avoid getting hit by this:
    Man, it's way harder to stay out of the red in first-person. I didn't even see the red AoE for this one - if I hadn't had my volume turned up so that I could hear the audio cue, I wouldn't have known to dodge and I probably would have been one-shotted! Even if I had been blocking I probably would have taken a ton of damage.

giphy.gif

Good thing you have power back, and glad you didn't get hurt. (See, video games ARE good for you)

We didn't even really have a "windstorm" and I saw a tree crushed a fence when I was driving by a school on my way to work today 0.0
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

giphy.gif

Good thing you have power back, and glad you didn't get hurt. (See, video games ARE good for you)

We didn't even really have a "windstorm" and I saw a tree crushed a fence when I was driving by a school on my way to work today 0.0
    We had about 500,000 people without power... Trees down all over the place, traffic lights out, cats and dogs living together in harmony, it was madness! Oh yeah, we also had more rain over the weekend than we've had all summer long.

I'm just glad I got power back in time to export all of my character profiles via chardump so that I know where to put all of my skill points on all 16 of them after the forced respec with today's patch.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon all!

Happy Imperial City day! (Well, tomorrow for us EU folk . . .)

Do we have plenty of popcorn ready for the incoming posts about TV Stones and the crafting of V16 and the such?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, it's way harder to stay out of the red in first-person..

OH dear god you just made my morning.....

I've been on EU playing around with my 5th level orc/goblin, Pirondil's Bane. I realize now how much I love my alts, my friends, my guild stores.....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, UrQuan, glad you had enough Stam for that (I do, however, wish you'd been recording lol)

We had a heck of a lot of rain this weekend, too. Now the darn weeds are sprouting again :s *grumbles

Prepared for popcorn!

Kitten12.jpg
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, UrQuan, glad you had enough Stam for that (I do, however, wish you'd been recording lol)
    Well, I can confirm that the new dodge-fatigue mechanic that makes it more costly to try to dodge-roll again within 4 seconds is firmly in place. :p
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, people are already ingame
    I'll be lucky to play this afternoon sometime.

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, people are already ingame
    I'll be lucky to play this afternoon sometime.

I didn't leave my pc on this morning (I figured I'd turn it on at lunch) well, I'm in.

The log-in screen looks... zoomed in.. lol Maybe it's just the new picture?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost crying I'm laughing so hard at the responses

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212253/zeus-y-u-do-u-hate-tanks#latest

I'm really trying to look for threads I can be helpful in.. but.. none :(
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair to the OP of that thread, Achilles was probably the top tank of the ancient world, and after the way Zeus intervened to keep him from sacking Troy, I can understand why someone might assume that Zeus hates tanks... I mean I don't believe it (Zeus helped Achilles too!) but I can see why someone might think so.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't even... LOL!

shwgrl.gif
    Edited by likelolwhat on September 1, 2015 12:47AM

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure there will be addons soon.

:sunglasses:

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, that thread seems a little low-key to be called a riot. I mean, maybe a quiet riot I guess :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, that thread seems a little low-key to be called a riot. I mean, maybe a quiet riot I guess :D

Riots start quiet ;)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Riots start quiet ;)
    https://youtu.be/Haypxj24_Uw
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, IC kinda owns once you get inside and stuff.

Got my first kill on some taco that was trying to get through my 20k shield B)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Fixed an issue where the fishing line would appear to not be aligned correctly with the top of your fishing pole

Wait... so my fishing line will actually be attached to my pole now?

WHAT IF IT GETS TANGLED?

Legit. My fishing line doesn't magically start a couple inches away from the rod anymore.. :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did we allow this thread to drop all the way to page 8? I'm very disappointed in all of us...
    This was the first picture that came up when I googled "disappointed popcorn":
    QtzAYzq.jpg
    I... guess it's popcorn shrimp?

Anyway, I just needed a place to relax and take a break from all the threads about stamina nerfs, changes to collectibles, lag, always-on health bars, "ZOS stole my XP" and everything else going on here at the moment...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did we allow this thread to drop all the way to page 8? I'm very disappointed in all of us...
    QtzAYzq.jpg

Anyway, I just needed a place to relax and take a break from all the threads about stamina nerfs, changes to collectibles, lag, always-on health bars, "ZOS stole my XP" and everything else going on here at the moment...

It's a madhouse out there.

Chocolate-Popcorn.jpg

Have some chocolate popcorn to the party to calm our rustled jimmies.
    Edited by JD2013 on September 1, 2015 9:51PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    QtzAYzq.jpg

It really is. I'm out in the thick of it. Causing mayhem, calming mayhem, and helping :)

If I ever order popcorn shrimp at a restaurant and get that.. I would throw a fit.. and then laugh thinking of this... lol
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    QtzAYzq.jpg

I'm not going to pretend I'm not contributing to the madhouse atmosphere... But even the inmates need a break from the asylum every now and then. Or at least that's what i keep telling the nice men in white coats.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wasn't able to get in last night so I'm reassigning points and wondering where the heck my Magicka regen went.

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't able to get in last night so I'm reassigning points and wondering where the heck my Magicka regen went.

Right? It's craziness. Remember to check if your Mundus stone went MIA - quite a few people noticed their's was gone.

I didn't even try for IC last night. I was too busy contributing to the madhouse with my own complaints, lol. Tonight I will quest my little life away.. maybe hit up IC in a week.. when I can actually get into a campaign quickly.. hehe
This discussion has been closed.