Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarpy wrote: »
    What's even going on in this thread o:

Exactly what it looks like :D

48d.gif
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Greetings everyone!

I have been reading over the forums, and ... man! What's happened?? So much nastiness in here now.

Also, the PTS notes for 2.1.1 - some hidden gems!

I haven't browsed the forums since early this morning. Now I'm scared, is it bad out there?
    dangerous_297585.jpg

Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I just discovered Azurah... it's amazing and fits in so well with the default UI design :)
    Hmm, interesting. There are so many UI add-ons that I hate, but I think this one could be useful without looking super ugly to me like most of them do. Installing it now!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know how it goes URq. Would be interested in seeing what's what :) Tad bored with mine right now.

Soooooooooooo, lot's of fun things happening in the world, but not so much to forums.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and my favourite, relevant image from yesterday:

499.jpg

• Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safe place!
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I just discovered Azurah... it's amazing and fits in so well with the default UI design :)
    Hmm, interesting. There are so many UI add-ons that I hate, but I think this one could be useful without looking super ugly to me like most of them do. Installing it now!
    Yeah, it has HP numbers without them looking out-of-place (I tried a few before where they look odd or just don't work properly), and the different coloured health bars for "friendly" and "neutral" targets are clever. I should have expected as much from the author of Srendarr, considering how nicely that one fits with the UI as well.
    And then I was like :open_mouth: Azurah, S'rendarr... clever naming :D
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree (with the names and the quality) I use both of them.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unscheduled (?) PTS update loading. I thought it might be a character copy but seems big for just that.

When PTS update was 65% complete, NA suddenly popped up with the Repair button. What gives?!? :s

Browsing the forums and this PC thread while NA repair completes, then have to un-pause PTS download. Guess no ESOTU tonight (actually early AM PDT).

Too much ambient light to watch the Perseid meteor shower, despite clear skies and new moon..
    perseids-640x350.gif
    Image courtesy NASA/JPL
    Edited by Auldjohn on August 13, 2015 9:10AM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's EU copy and the new build. There's Patch notes up.
    Not sure what's up with your launcher...but then it is the ESO launcher lol.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    When PTS update was 65% complete, NA suddenly popped up with the Repair button. What gives?!? :s
    10 times out of 9 when that pops up you should ignore it and not repair. Exiting out of the launcher and going back in (might take a couple of times) will solve it (temporarily).
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    10 times out of 9 when that pops up you should ignore it and not repair. Exiting out of the launcher and going back in (might take a couple of times) will solve it (temporarily).

That's pretty much what I did.
    popcorn-png.47186
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, following up on the conversation about the Azurah add-on from a page or two ago... For some reason I assumed that after I installed it I would have to play around with the settings to activate the various features, and that it might take some doing to get it to look the way I like (I'm picky about the way my UI looks - I'm not one of the folks who insists on full immersion, but I also hate any UI elements that make the screen feel too busy and gamey - like all those hideous number clouds I see so many people use).

Yeah, no I had been logged on for a while before I realized that the add-on was already activated with the default settings, and that they fit in so nicely with the standard UI that I simply hadn't noticed. And yet there's all this helpful info now visible on my screen! In a totally unobtrusive way! I love this add-on!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, following up on the conversation about the Azurah add-on from a page or two ago... For some reason I assumed that after I installed it I would have to play around with the settings to activate the various features, and that it might take some doing to get it to look the way I like (I'm picky about the way my UI looks - I'm not one of the folks who insists on full immersion, but I also hate any UI elements that make the screen feel too busy and gamey - like all those hideous number clouds I see so many people use).

Yeah, no I had been logged on for a while before I realized that the add-on was already activated with the default settings, and that they fit in so nicely with the standard UI that I simply hadn't noticed. And yet there's all this helpful info now visible on my screen! In a totally unobtrusive way! I love this add-on!
    Yeah, I thought the same. I looked through the settings to see what was there, but the only changes I made were to set XP back to default and to add level-based colour to the target names. My view on UI vs. immersion is that I don't like things floating around in-world (like health bars and quest markers), but more info in the HUD (like Azurah's numbers and S'rendarr's buffs) is always nice.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys post a screeny of what you see right now, with Azu? Might install tonight when i get home.

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3gwpfl/data_mining_new_crown_store_items_from_211/

Hmm bites in cash shop, isnt that a little to radical solution to the problem?
    Edited by sadownik on August 14, 2015 10:38AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3gwpfl/data_mining_new_crown_store_items_from_211/

Yeah, but I'm not surprised to see it. That's definitely a "convenience". What I don't like is that lore-stretching pumpkin thing.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but I'm not surprised to see it. That's definitely a "convenience". What I don't like is that lore-stretching pumpkin thing.

There are many lore friendly possbile events, yes adding pumpkin is strange.
    Edited by sadownik on August 14, 2015 10:45AM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wait. November they will release an over sized horse, that looks like a reindeer, with a red nose, wearing a Christmas hat.

However..I LOVE the Breton Hero outfit.

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goats! Pet goats!!!

Also love the Breton Hero outfit.

That pumpkin head thing though ... Halloween event coming? Maybe if they do the actual in world Witches Festival as a holiday in the game?

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Breton Hero costume is really great.

I choosw to believe that the pumpkin polymorph is just Zeni trolling us and that it will never happen. I imagine it came out in a staff meeting, "I know how we can shut everybody up about stam regen and class imbalance for a few days..."
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Goats! Pet goats!!!

Also love the Breton Hero outfit.

That pumpkin head thing though ... Halloween event coming? Maybe if they do the actual in world Witches Festival as a holiday in the game?

Would be interesting to watch the world change in game by the real live events such as Christmas/Fall/Easter etc...
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Xendyn wrote: »
    To be honest, from what I've seen of the gear stats, the V16 gear is such a tiny amount better than V15, I'm not really planning on it being a "must have". I kind of look at it the same way I do CP...it'll come naturally while playing, not something to go out and grind for.
    Except maybe the monster sets, looks like Nerienth's is pretty awesome now.

And those big bosses in the city..yeh we got pretty toasted by that Lich one lol.

Oh yeah! I got half of that set last night because I went and spent all my gold keys lol. By the drops I got on the PTS I think I'll be quite happy when I hit VR16 and actually use them on live. Plus I should have quite a few more by then :) Yeah, I also am in the "take CP as it comes" crowd, which flows over into gear as well. It is a VERY small difference to VR16.

So the gold keys we're saving definitely return vr 16 gear once we reach vr16?

I was still VR14 when I used them last night, but I haven't seen anything to say they shouldn't. The gear you get scales to your character level when you open the chest - so they should. I planned on waiting but at this rate I won't be levelling on the PTS before they swap to EU, or if I do it'll be darn close, and I was in need of gear last night.

The pumpkin head polymorph is terrible. Why not a hagraven polymorph or something a little more lore-oriented?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pumpkin head polymorph is terrible. Why not a hagraven polymorph or something a little more lore-oriented?

FACT: People will pay for a character with a pumpkin on it's head.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Can you guys post a screeny of what you see right now, with Azu? Might install tonight when i get home.
    This is how it looks with default settings (I'm pretty sure I turned off the only other UI-related add-ons that I use). Frankly I doubt I'll bother playing around with the settings, because the defaults are pretty much exactly what I would want.
    Screenshot_20150814_071510_zpsu4oo09dg.png
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about buff timers? Does it have that option?

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Azurah and Srenarr add ons that can be used instead of FTC or do they work with FTC?
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Are Azurah and Srenarr add ons that can be used instead of FTC or do they work with FTC?

I use Srenarr for the buff timers and FTC for everything else.

In the addon settings you can pick an choice which elements are active.
    Edited by Sallington on August 14, 2015 3:10PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

UNFORTUNATE FACT: People will pay for a character with a pumpkin on it's head.

fixed that for you

PC/NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about buff timers? Does it have that option?
    I haven't played around with it enough to say for sure, but I don't think so. I use Srendarr for that (and I think Srendar and Azurah are done by the same guy, so I doubt they overlap on that), as it does buff/debuff timers nicely.
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Well I don't use FTC (I hate hate hate the default way it looks, and yes I know you can play around with it a lot to only use bits and pieces of it and change the way it looks, but when I installed it and tried to do that it just seemed like so much work to get it the way I wanted it, so I just ended up disabling it), so I'd say yes they can be used instead of FTC :)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)