Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    I might as well ask here, you guys sound like an helpful crowd and have that PTS thing going...

How many points do you need to have to unlock the new materials tier for each craft? Anyone knows? So far pre-IC it's 40 except for Alchemy where it is 48. Just out of curiosity... does anyone know?

Hmmm good question.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might as well ask here, you guys sound like an helpful crowd and have that PTS thing going...

How many points do you need to have to unlock the new materials tier for each craft? Anyone knows? So far pre-IC it's 40 except for Alchemy where it is 48. Just out of curiosity... does anyone know?
    No! We're not helpful! We're jerks! Oh wait, that might just be me...

Um, I don't know the answer, but if nobody has come up with an answer by the time I get a chance to log on tonight I'll check on PTS for you.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • GhostShadows
    GhostShadows
    ✭✭✭
    this is how console players fell with the log in problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyeNRbbKBw
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it bad that I knew exactly what video/song that was just from the preview image?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Is it bad that I knew exactly what video/song that was just from the preview image?

Yes
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure it says somewhere in the patch notes it says50 @Khenarthi I just remember reading them and thinking "oh! A reason to be level 50 in crafts!"
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thanks @MissBizz I somehow read the PTS Patch notes and missed that bit entirely.

Hmm... I wonder if this means no new tiers will be added with Orsinium... we'll wait and see.
    PC-EU
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Khenarthi I was paranoid I was mis-remembering, but I found where it said...
    Added new ranks to the Metalworking, Solvent Proficiency, Tailoring, Potency Improvement, and Woodworking passives, reflecting the higher-level objects created.
    These ranks require their respective trade skills to be at Level 50.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since other than enchanting, which is still a PITA to level, shouldn't be that hard for most to get everything to 50.

I've always kinda wondered why people stopped early on some of the crafting. Again except enchanting. ;)
    I got 2 of my characters to 50 in enchanting....and I have no idea why I figured I need a second one.

Head + Brick wall...but I was SURE it wouldn't hurt if I did it just once more. I'll never learn

PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »
    Well since other than enchanting, which is still a PITA to level, shouldn't be that hard for most to get everything to 50.

I've always kinda wondered why people stopped early on some of the crafting. Again except enchanting. ;)
    I got 2 of my characters to 50 in enchanting....and I have no idea why I figured I need a second one.

Head + Brick wall...but I was SURE it wouldn't hurt if I did it just once more. I'll never learn
    Let's see, last I checked I have 1 character at enchanting 50, 1 at 42 (I leveled to 40, then just this weekend ended up reading 2 skill books for enchanting), 1 at 35, 5 at 30-34, and 8 at 10-15. I keep leveling it on my alts because I might as well do something with the white glyphs that drop, and because higher levels means I can have higher potency runes coming from my hirelings.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »

Yeh people stopped because there was no reason to get to 50...now there is.
    All of my characters get leveled in all crafts to a certain extent: for getting the most out of decon without having to pass stuff around, for hirelings and for top-end writs. My "spares" don't bother with points in Keen Eye, researching or improvements.

For example, because I had 5 leveled to max in Provisioning, I was able to do a large number of writs for the new XP pot recipe. Still took me weeks lol but I can imagine I'd still be trying if I was only able to do 1 a day.

Likewise, once you have a full enchanter (or other crafter) and are leveling a Vet it's much easier to level crafting on alts as you can just pass them stuff to decon, (made or found) plus feed them mats that may be easier to gather on a vet than a lowbie.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too tired to think of something clever.

So I went for cute:

V39YvQ2.png
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if Spiderman was NOT born in a town?

Edited by P3ZZL3 on August 11, 2015 8:26AM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    What if Spiderman was NOT born in a town?

Very nice! Thanks for the pre-work laugh :)

Hitting the Start button now....popcorn for everyone..SOON (tm)
    Popcorn_bag_unpopped.jpg
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So much nastiness on the forums these days. Apparently just for the sake of being nasty, not even anything to contribute.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    So much nastiness on the forums these days. Apparently just for the sake of being nasty, not even anything to contribute.

It started with the game going Buy To Play and then the console launch. Now we have players here who don't even play the game, who write and comment on the forums.

The consoles introduced us to a lot of new players, who had to struggle and start out in a world where the economy is run by the ones who transferred their accounts from PC..... alongside them being complete noobs, starting out in an already well established world economy who's run by experienced players - it's hard to get a foot into a good guild, and on top of it ESO is soon going to change with a big patch, so a lot of builds will change - the consoles have no where to go, to seek information for builds, because all the information is outdated. They don't even have the luxury of all the addons we do to test builds for themselves.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered Azurah... it's amazing and fits in so well with the default UI design :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    11hbfoo.gif

Splendidly......

Reading forums and making up drinking games.

I find popcorn gets stuck in my teeth.

Actually play ESO?

Nooooo Forums are way more entertaining! >:)

lol im a console player but the drinking game sounds fun

take a shot for every thread that talks about the need of text chat for consoles.

or is it better for every thread/post that supports voice chat? we'd all be really hung over the next day :P

Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chieve wrote: »
    11hbfoo.gif

Splendidly......

Actually play ESO?

lol im a console player
    exit-get-out.gif
    but the drinking game sounds fun

take a shot for every thread that talks about the need of text chat for consoles.

or is it better for every thread/post that supports voice chat? we'd all be really hung over the next day :P
    Oh wait, no, your ideas fit in just fine here! OK, you can stay B)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    11hbfoo.gif

Splendidly......

Actually play ESO?

lol im a console player
    exit-get-out.gif
    but the drinking game sounds fun

Oh wait, no, your ideas fit in just fine here! OK, you can stay B)

lmaooooooooooooooo i knew someone would say "gtfo" or something :P
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read over the latest PTS patch notes.. I likey.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Just read over the latest PTS patch notes.. I likey.

Aye, looking a bit better. I'm especially happy about Sorcs getting a little love. There were some undocumented goodies in there.

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone!

I have been reading over the forums, and ... man! What's happened?? So much nastiness in here now.

Also, the PTS notes for 2.1.1 - some hidden gems!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Greetings everyone!

I have been reading over the forums, and ... man! What's happened?? So much nastiness in here now.

I haven't browsed the forums since early this morning. Now I'm scared, is it bad out there? Should I get bourbon and popcorn before venturing out? I'll settle in and read natch potes while the PTS update finishes.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Greetings everyone!

I haven't browsed the forums since early this morning. Now I'm scared, is it bad out there? Should I get bourbon and popcorn before venturing out? I'll settle in and read natch potes while the PTS update finishes.

Just...nasty comments for the sake of it. Not on topic, not even arguing, just bleh.

Then there's this....
    worth a watch.
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/206926/the-differently-geared-standing-in-stupid#latest

PC/NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Greetings everyone!

Just...nasty comments for the sake of it. Not on topic, not even arguing, just bleh.

Then there's this....
    worth a watch.
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/206926/the-differently-geared-standing-in-stupid#latest

I laughed. Then I read the comments and laughed when I saw Tristan (the mod) comment "poor Jim".
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's turning pretty nasty out there, by the looks of it.

Let's settle in here with popcorn, and await August 31st when I bet things will *really* kick off with Imperial City release . . .
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We may need one of these...

par-1104380-3080380-500x500.jpg

PC/NA
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We may need one of these...

par-1104380-3080380-500x500.jpg

does it come in industrial size?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Sarpy
    Sarpy
    What's even going on in this thread o:
This discussion has been closed.