Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice it's sharp decline since the Consolers were forced to use the same forums, being new to the game, asking all the same, repeated and washed requests...etc...

I'm not normally one to troll per say, but sometimes well.....I just can't help it :(

So how has/is everyones day?

I get to grind an additional 2 levels tonight, so I got that going for me :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    These forums used to be so good :neutral:

So, apparently, did the game.

Guess they are joined at the hip in a downward spiral.

All The Best

This is the trolling I'm on about right there ;)

I wasn't aware that speaking a genuinely held opinion was trolling.

But, hey *** - YMMV.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

But, hey *** - YMMV.

All The Best

We get that you don't like the game. Every post you make States this ;)

Maybe it would be healthier to move on back to SWTOR? Which I might add I've been tinkering around on. Not a bad game at all. Standard mmo stuff but I'm enjoying it so far.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We really need the "What if?" machine from Futurama to see how ESO would have ended up without consoles and B2P.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    We really need the "What if?" machine from Futurama to see how ESO would have ended up without consoles and B2P.

I'll grab the fing-longer to fire it up!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All The Best

But, hey *** - YMMV.

All The Best

Both of you need puppies. And these are even on a treadmill! Bring some planes!

6a00d8341bfd0953ef0148c793026c970c-pi
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess that demonstrates that you haven't been reading my posts that closely at all.

I like the game, a lot; I'd really like to the love the game - it has massive potential.

What I don't like is the current management of the game.

Two entirely different things.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

I'll take the puppies but the planes just confused me.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess that demonstrates that you haven't been reading my posts that closely at all.

I like the game, a lot; I'd really like to the love the game - it has massive potential.

What I don't like is the current management of the game.

Two entirely different things.

All The Best

Well, unless there's a drastic shake up to the management, things won't change. So there's that.

Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

I'll take the puppies but the planes just confused me.

From a few pages ago.
    GreySix wrote: »
    Can an airplane take off from a treadmill?

Yes or no?

And the standard chaos that ensued. .
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, what the flipping flip is going on in these forums? Endless trolling and shouting? Are these the Destiny forums or something? These forums used to be so good :neutral:

Remember when the shenanigans happened about giving everyone the exact same CP to start with? Reminds me of then.

Speaking of Bogdan, was happy, had a fellow guildee who wanted to vet pledges but said no one wants to group due to only being V2.. so, some of us grouped up for it, and it was the easiest Elden Hollow pledge I've ever done lmao. (Maybe, ya know, cuz it was scaled to V2 and it was a V2, 2 VR14s and a V11... haha) Oh, we even lent out our DPS to go heal another group when their healer rage quit on Bogdan. While that happened (since I'm a vamp temporarily) I logged off so I wouldn't become so vampy.. and worked on a new toon, finished Stros M'kai (everything except the pansy Orc quest) Oh, was also the first dungeon I tanked with my healer (yes, I planned it, so had appropriate gear)
    Hey! no arguing here.

Agreed.

Aww, cute puppies.

So, what's the plan tonight guys? If I don't end up on a boat, I think I'll work on that level 6, and maybe do a pledge if someone is looking (hopefully a low level one again where I can tank :D )
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, what the flipping flip is going on in these forums? Endless trolling and shouting? Are these the Destiny forums or something? These forums used to be so good :neutral:

I'm going to link a prediction I made back in January. I was pretty embittered and cynical at that time, and I'm glad I stepped back for a few months, but I wasn't entirely wrong.
    Reverb wrote: »
    This (and the other reasons). The f2p/b2p model caters to the lowest common denominator. The entire game, and these forums, will become what starter area zone chat was at launch.

But quality customers are burdensome, and the bumbling masses are profitable. Easy choice for most corporations.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to link a prediction I made back in January. I was pretty embittered and cynical at that time, and I'm glad I stepped back for a few months, but I wasn't entirely wrong.
    This (and the other reasons). The f2p/b2p model caters to the lowest common denominator. The entire game, and these forums, will become what starter area zone chat was at launch.

But quality customers are burdensome, and the bumbling masses are profitable. Easy choice for most corporations.

I have similar thoughts as well. The F2P/B2P model is terrible from an MMO community perspective and the longevity of the game. It facilitates an environment where people stop by for a month or two, spend some money in the cash shop, maybe get to max level where they realize there's nothing to do, and they move on to the next F2P game.

Normally, if you have a community paying a monthly subscription, they are dedicated to the game and tighter bonds are formed within the community. You don't have as many of these guilds where 450 out of the 500 members haven't signed on in 3 weeks or longer.

This just does it for me, because I mostly play MMOs for the community.
    Edited by Sallington on July 7, 2015 4:19PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Tonight I'll probably be leveling my Sorcerer, he's very close to Veteran Rank 3, so I might as well get him up. Other than that I'm still contemplating whether to side with Vanus Galerion or Virgar the Red during The Harvest Heart.

Yeh, my first couple of characters I made that decision based on getting more help at the end. Now everything's been dumbed down so much it doesn't matter. :/ (except I guess from an RP standpoint)
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Tonight I'll probably be leveling my Sorcerer, he's very close to Veteran Rank 3, so I might as well get him up. Other than that I'm still contemplating whether to side with Vanus Galerion or Virgar the Red during The Harvest Heart.
    Yeh, my first couple of characters I made that decision based on getting more help at the end. Now everything's been dumbed down so much it doesn't matter. :/ (except I guess from an RP standpoint)

The one thing that it seems can be counted on is that stats, rules, and game mechanics will change in an MMO. I make choices from an RP standpoint, so I have conveniently avoided a lot of the stress that seems to come from making a "game mechanic" based choice.

And Vanus, bless his well-meaning heart has got to be one of the most casually arrogant and subtly racist "good guys" in the game.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

And Vanus, bless his well-meaning heart has got to be one of the most casually arrogant and subtly racist "good guys" in the game.

and ain't That the truth lol

PC/NA
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    HELLO PC PPL! I miss you and that 4K ultra def gameplay!
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

The one thing that it seems can be counted on is that stats, rules, and game mechanics will change in an MMO. I make choices from an RP standpoint, so I have conveniently avoided a lot of the stress that seems to come from making a "game mechanic" based choice.

On my first character I picked whatever choices helped me lol. I was pretty bad when I started. Now I choose from an RP perspective, and not always the same. I like to think my characters all have different personalities :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz

Tonight I am to be gaining more CP's! Maybe some alt levelling. Maybe. If time allows.
    Edited by JD2013 on July 7, 2015 6:27PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz

Tonight I am to be gaining more CP's! Maybe some alt levelling. Maybe. If time allows.

Nice. I've still never not been enlightened, so I'll just take them as it comes. :) Playing my alts is fun, I love trying out new classes and whatnot. To be honest, one is a Templar, which my main also is.. but an Imperial so I'm trying to make her a tank. It brings on a whole different experience even though I've played the class before
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @MissBizz

Nice. I've still never not been enlightened, so I'll just take them as it comes. :) Playing my alts is fun, I love trying out new classes and whatnot. To be honest, one is a Templar, which my main also is.. but an Imperial so I'm trying to make her a tank. It brings on a whole different experience even though I've played the class before

I do like Imperial. I'm finding Bosmer fun. Fun little wood elves.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Notice it's sharp decline since the Consolers were forced to use the same forums, being new to the game, asking all the same, repeated and washed requests...etc...

I'm not normally one to troll per say, but sometimes well.....I just can't help it :(

So how has/is everyones day?

I get to grind an additional 2 levels tonight, so I got that going for me :D

That's because PCMR troll like sirs. They spend so much time online they are familiar and comfortable with the rules of battle online. One person trolls another trolls back, people get angry then laugh and move on because internet fights are like "Who's Line is it Anyway" where the questions are made up and the points don't matter. Those unfamiliar with internet combat skip the last few steps and just get stuck in rage mode.

Me I'm like
    giphy.gif
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We never did that bet thing... Coulda had a good one on 'stealing from my guild' posts....
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We never did that bet thing... Coulda had a good one on 'stealing from my guild' posts....

Well, I kinda feel bad. It's REALLY all or nothing over there. If a console player doesn't have withdrawl privledges.. they can't even see what's in the bank. So can't use the whole "ask an officer" thing
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, I kinda feel bad. It's REALLY all or nothing over there. If a console player doesn't have withdrawl privledges.. they can't even see what's in the bank. So can't use the whole "ask an officer" thing

Ouch. Well, that REALLY sucks. :/

Why? Why zeni, why?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch. Well, that REALLY sucks. :/

Why? Why zeni, why?

Yeah I know, brought Lone Wolf Help over there and the bank scenario is brutal
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who took all the potent nirn? I've been farming a bit the past couple of days as I need 3 pieces of potent nirncrux for the last few weapons I need 9 traits on. so far have found 5 fortified that I don't need and no potent.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in fairness if they're in a guild, they could just communicate via a website. A lot of goilds use VOIP anyways, not sure why it's different.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I hear, the more I'm glad I don't play console.

But I don't get why the two platforms aren't treated the same.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goooooood morning good morning good morning.

So, how is everyone today?

I'd be interested to see how your Imp Temp gets along MissBizz. I went Redguard and power grinded his ass up to v10 as of last night. Finally got a new set of redguard and he looks goooood so would be good to know how yours handles :)

In other news, it appears that the CP Debate is still raging, even though everyone seems to be getting the wrong end of the stick and then arguing their case *scratches head*. Allegedly Mr Lambert is watching it as well.

Meanwhile, time for some breakfast :)

waffle_popcorn_vodka-normal.jpg
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.