Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    So... anyone else experiencing this?

Normally, my game is really stable.. but.. this past week.. I have crashed a lot.. weirdly I am always on my horse.. riding from the Crag bank to head out for writs.. it happens like.. RIGHT before I pass by the grocer. And, it doesn't actually crash.. just stops responding.

Now I just need to pay attention on if it's always this character... lol

You are definitely not the only one. I have run into a lot of this since we updated to TU. I also find it happens more and more after a new patch. I had it happen four times yesterday. Things would just stop responding in the world. I had to close the game and sign back in. Super annoying.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    So... anyone else experiencing this?

Normally, my game is really stable.. but.. this past week.. I have crashed a lot.. weirdly I am always on my horse.. riding from the Crag bank to head out for writs.. it happens like.. RIGHT before I pass by the grocer. And, it doesn't actually crash.. just stops responding.

Now I just need to pay attention on if it's always this character... lol

You are definitely not the only one. I have run into a lot of this since we updated to TU. I also find it happens more and more after a new patch. I had it happen four times yesterday. Things would just stop responding in the world. I had to close the game and sign back in. Super annoying.

Yeah but mine isn't random.. It's in the exact same spot every time.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    In similar circumstances (ie. just logged on to do writs and galloping towards where I need to go to grab the writ) I often get a sudden loading screen which only lasts briefly, and then everything's back to normal. So not quite the same as what's happening to you, but potentially the same underlying cause.

Galloping up the steps towards the bank at Davon's Watch crashes my game every time. It was doing it even before I knew anything at all about add-ons.

Also the steps up from the harbour at DW crash as well sometimes. And the ones between the stable and the bank in Mournhold.

The common factors are "steps" and "galloping", although I've had it happen once with "running" as well.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    In similar circumstances (ie. just logged on to do writs and galloping towards where I need to go to grab the writ) I often get a sudden loading screen which only lasts briefly, and then everything's back to normal. So not quite the same as what's happening to you, but potentially the same underlying cause.

Galloping up the steps towards the bank at Davon's Watch crashes my game every time. It was doing it even before I knew anything at all about add-ons.

Also the steps up from the harbour at DW crash as well sometimes. And the ones between the stable and the bank in Mournhold.

The common factors are "steps" and "galloping", although I've had it happen once with "running" as well.

All The Best

Threre are few spots in the game that when im on the mount and try to get through them my game is instantly crashing. Nothing really serious, not main paths but still slightly annoying.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmm I have the same problem sometimes in Rahwl while heading to the consumables writ board. Game just goes Non responding.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning All & Happy Thursday - Let's see what's going on in the world of ESO Today. Over to you Trisha.

Thank you Tom....

As you can see, the PS4 players are starting to gather behind me. They don't look happy.
    1345265_1392991468991_full.jpg
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on June 25, 2015 9:03AM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see they rescheduled the Login Maintenance for Console.

Someone probably suddenly had a light-bulb moment and went "Oh, hang on guys that would mean that console would be down for two significant periods of time in one week, that may make them unhappy".

Two question arise from this:

1) Why did it take them half a day to figure that out; was it Console players sending @ZOS PMs that did it?

2) Why it is OK to keep the Red-Headed Stepchild (PC) unhappy, but not the Consoles?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_m85p5gIldT1qm3ilm.gif
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back everyone after the break.

Trisha, what have you found out so far?

Well Tom. I managed to find out that there have been significant delays to the download and install of the new patch for the PS4. I've managed to find one person who has successfully downloaded the patch and I'll be back with a report shortly...

500px-Dres1.png

• coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Welcome back everyone after the break.

Trisha, what have you found out so far?

Well Tom. I managed to find out that there have been significant delays to the download and install of the new patch for the PS4. I've managed to find one person who has successfully downloaded the patch and I'll be back with a report shortly...

500px-Dres1.png

LOL well played sir.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another day.....

1qj2o2.gif

Really?

Let me just wake myself up....

34qmcgk.gif

Hi everyone! :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and @MissBizz I've been working on my fishing acheesements and am up to 15 perfect roe. I usually do it while watching a movie and I use that jail house door sound to alert me of a fish on the line so all I have to do is press e and r then e. I barely have to look at the screen. Awesome sauce. That fishing add on is great. I also love how all the water in cold harbor is foul water, nice touch there.

LOL but 36 provisoning writs in and i have 0 recipe fragments.

@PBpsy I have a ww bite if you're AD.
    Right there with you.

They should at least make an achievement for it: Misfortune Seeker

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://mashable.com/2015/06/25/batman-arkham-knight-pc-pulled/

Not many companies have the balls to do it. Credit to WB to be honest.

Also, anyone else see the post about the Trade in companies only offering £3 for TESO??? I've looked on CEX in the UK and it's £21 - so a nice bit of scaremongering going on there :D

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, anyone else see the post about the Trade in companies only offering £3 for TESO??? I've looked on CEX in the UK and it's £21 - so a nice bit of scaremongering going on there :D

Wow, pulled the game? That does take balls.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you trade in an MMO? Doesn't it get tied to an account so it cannot be resold, o rat least if you buy it used, you really are not buying it because the code was already used?

EDIT: And watching the video of the Batman performance issues, I really have to ask myself why Batman needs the Bat Signal to know somethings up when the entire city is in chaos. Herpa-derp.
    Edited by technohic on June 25, 2015 2:46PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

How do you trade in an MMO? Doesn't it get tied to an account so it cannot be resold, o rat least if you buy it used, you really are not buying it because the code was already used?

EDIT: And watching the video of the Batman performance issues, I really have to ask myself why Batman needs the Bat Signal to know somethings up when the entire city is in chaos. Herpa-derp.

@technohic nah, they talked about it prior to console relsease..

Since you have to have the disc in your console to actually play.. you can buy used etc. As long as you have the disc.. you can create an account. It's not one time use like we are used to.

it's even crazier - with their "game sharing" thing. Example: BF has a PS4 with ESO. He has his own PSN (playstation account) and so do I. He can play ESO - make an account etc etc. I can log onto my PSN on that same PS4 (even though I didn't buy the game) - and can make an account, play etc. Apparently there's a way to do this so you and your buddy put each other console's as your "primary" and you both have access to your own games, plus your buddies... in separate houses.. on separate PS4's...
    Edited by MissBizz on June 25, 2015 2:59PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you have to have the disc in your console to actually play.. you can buy used etc. As long as you have the disc.. you can create an account. It's not one time use like we are used to.

it's even crazier - with their "game sharing" thing. Example: BF has a PS4 with ESO. He has his own PSN (playstation account) and so do I. He can play ESO - make an account etc etc. I can log onto my PSN on that same PS4 (even though I didn't buy the game) - and can make an account, play etc. Apparently there's a way to do this so you and your buddy put each other console's as your "primary" and you both have access to your own games, plus your buddies... in separate houses.. on separate PS4's...

That's actually pretty neat. I haven't done much console gaming since XBox 360 and PS3 but even then, that was limited to Halo and Madden and in my PS3's case, just being a Blueray player. Am tempted to get an XBox One though. That Halo...
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's actually pretty neat. I haven't done much console gaming since XBox 360 and PS3 but even then, that was limited to Halo and Madden and in my PS3's case, just being a Blueray player. Am tempted to get an XBox One though. That Halo...
    Just get windows 10 (i think...)
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

Just get windows 10 (i think...)

Nothing confirmed that it will actually be independently ported to PC for Windows 10 that I am aware of. Just streaming from XBox One to your PC.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Question.......

What is it about that little padlock on a Thread title that makes me immediately click on that Thread?

I call that the S**ts and Giggles indicator. Enter at your own risk for a good laugh or a long face palm.

Thankyou @Nebthet78 for that answer......

I do indeed have many days enlightenment saved up and a bucket full of crowns........

Interesting! :)

Edit:- I was logging in and selling stuff but not actually using my enlightenment.

NP... I have lots of enlightenment saved up myself. I am just going to be doing normal play for now until they raise XP in Craglorn and what not and then I will find a darn good grind spot and go to town, or until a find a decent grind spot in VR where I can also grind out fishing baits with out too much competition.

Don't know much about fish or fishing BUT Dreugh drop fish as loot and there are several good grind spots for them........

@MissBizz are they the right type of fish for getting Perfect Roe?

Yeah but those fish are already filleted so are useless. You actually have to spend the time to really fish in the game to get the roe and it has a really low drop rate. I filleted 300 fish yesterday and got nothing.

Basically I am finding the whole "XP potion" thing is a huge time sink into the game. Time spent fishing, Time spent gathering mats to go fishing to try to get one roe. I totaled my time spent to do these things in game and found right now, my time is better spent just playing the game normally.

Ok I just logged in to check......

When did they change this?

Last time I was grinding Dreugh(admittedly over a couple of months ago) they were dropping whole named fish not just the provisioning mat.....

It was annoying me because they kept filling up my inventory space....

Obviously ZOS were ahead of me with this one :)

Months ago. I have never received a whole named fish from a Dreugh and I have been dealing with them for over six months now on different characters. I would be farming them like crazy if they did.

Quick update.....

@Nethbet78, I was battering some Dreugh earlier and these dropped.........

negkyd.jpg

20kvg40.jpg

2mry2z6.jpg

There were more but probably not enough to be a viable farming source for fish, however if grinding anyway, it's kinda a cool bonus. :)

I have yet to fillet them, I'm saving them 'til I have a pile to do....

Always find when refining mats the more I do the better the temper etc drop rate is. :)
    Edited by freespirit on June 25, 2015 4:01PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to fillet them, I'm saving them 'til I have a pile to do....
    So I just found out last night that there's an add-on that will fillet a whole stack of fish for you all at once. I've installed it but haven't used it yet...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @freespirit that's cool. Way back then. Ur-quan also mentioned he found some whole fish, but very little. Still think fishing might net ya white fish faster tho lol. Fishing won't give you xp tho... Ooooh... Tough call
    Edited by MissBizz on June 25, 2015 4:11PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @freespirit that's cool. Way back then. Ur-quan also mentioned he found some whole fish, but very little. Still think fishing might net ya white fish faster tho lol. Fishing won't five you xp tho... Ooooh... Tough call
    Fishing will get you white fish waaaaaaaaaay faster... And the spots with lots of dreugh always seem to have a bunch of people grinding them anyway.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Whendim_ESO
    Whendim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS must be pretty happy. Even the Mobs are fishing now!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @MissBizz tbh in the time it took me to gain one CP(with enlightenment) using my VR14 in a VR8 area(Shadowfen) I only had 10 named fish drop......

I don't know how that compares to actually fishing cos I am atm building up some stocks of Bait before I hit the fishing!!

However I am playing again and actually quite enjoying it.....

No questing but achievement hunting in the high VR areas so I get good CP's and it allows me to feel all powerful soloing stuff(Dolmens, WB etc)...

Although I am quite aware that if I went to Craglorn and solo-ed stuff my ever increasing stock of soul gems would decrease pretty quickly!!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz tbh in the time it took me to gain one CP(with enlightenment) using my VR14 in a VR8 area(Shadowfen) I only had 10 named fish drop......

I don't know how that compares to actually fishing cos I am atm building up some stocks of Bait before I hit the fishing!!

However I am playing again and actually quite enjoying it.....

No questing but achievement hunting in the high VR areas so I get good CP's and it allows me to feel all powerful soloing stuff(Dolmens, WB etc)...

Although I am quite aware that if I went to Craglorn and solo-ed stuff my ever increasing stock of soul gems would decrease pretty quickly!!

Ahahaha. Yeah - you get WAY more fish while fishing. White fish are the most common thing you catch while fishing (you know, as long as you're using the right bait and not getting used bait back)

I'm VR12 (over half already) and am still working on QUESTING in my VR8 zone lmao. I have been doing lots of pledges/dungeons though, it boosts me a fair bit. As well the one time I went to DSA I netted myself a fair chunk of XP as well. I actually think I might run out of enlightment for the first time ever some day soon..
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums very slow and burping a lot..... Wonder why.....

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forums very slow and burping a lot..... Wonder why.....

Not enough Gifs....

I have been lapse, actually writing stuff.

My definition of a LAP dog.......

2s7cqdy.gif
This discussion has been closed.